haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Where in the heck have all the freaking kitchen knives gone? Where can I find those suckers again? Sheds? Industrial Sites?

:(

Help! I wantz to goez hunting pleez!

I wanted to point another few things out. The gasmaks DOES work in conjunction with the new helm I have 3 RGD-5 Grenades now and just found one Flashbang. The grenade types do not flow like water so don't worry they are still quite rare and take MUCH hunting to nab.

qztGqJd.jpg

• Like 4

Where in the heck have all the freaking kitchen knives gone? Where can I find those suckers again? Sheds? Industrial Sites?

:(

Help! I wantz to goez hunting pleez!

Not sure but there should be no problem still PLENTY of machetes and even fire axes around.

looks like that loot spawns new at server restart.

the floating loot looks like to be these small vendor buildings / kiosks.

they placed them everywhere xD

Edited by HerzBeatz

looks like that loot spawns new at server restart.

the floating loot looks like to be these small vendor buildings / kiosks.

they placed them everywhere xD

I've seen floating loot in a couple places, not where Kiosks are, often just out in the open but nearly buildings.

Not sure but there should be no problem still PLENTY of machetes and even fire axes around.

Can I skin and quarter animals with a fire axe? I forgot about the machete, but don't these two give you much less meat as compared to a knife, taking also in consideration the "Pristine" vs. "Damaged" Status?

Can I skin and quarter animals with a fire axe? I forgot about the machete, but don't these two give you much less meat as compared to a knife, taking also in consideration the "Pristine" vs. "Damaged" Status?

Not with the axe but you would want one for zombies. The machete can fit in your pack if you have a big enough one and it does skin.

I'm pretty sure you need a combat knife/kitchen knife/machete to skin and quarter. Definitely don't think you can use an axe for that. I used to think you could with a sickle but it seems no.

I had a thermometer, with 36.7°C I was fine and got no temp messages, but then it starts to rain. I cooled off to 35.7-8°C and got the yellow "Cold" state, I cooled off more and reached the orange "Freezing" state at 35.0°C. Then I decide to go under a tree (for stop getting wet/soaked) and made a fire nearby. It took a while and I got dry and finally the temperatur rose till 36.6°C, all temp states and message were gone. A nice experience and I had really fun, thank you developers :)

I found btw a Mi-8 crash site north of the NWAF, but only a tactical shirt was there (mabye someone was before me there or the loot was under the ground like the half heli), btw no smoke -> not that easy to spot:

1aTKsKt.jpg

"fun fact": After I left the crash site 30 seconds ago I saw 5 guys running to the heli, I was totally paniced and ran like a chicken. But they seemed to care just for the crash site:

AeLVmRp.jpg

God was that intens...

So did you snipe those people? Or did you let them live?

It seems these are now spawning in Barracks on and under the beds :) Found 2 Flash and 1 Grenade in the space of 15 minutes.

CwToexF.jpg

YUQXT4S.jpg

Have they nerfed the lootspawn in the gaz jeeps?  I didn't get to check many, but it seemed that way to me.

Z

At this point, even though we want to play badly, they need to add more stuff as they are creating the game right now. Of course it'll break, glitch and bug, but it's part of the alpha process. When we get to beta and most features are in, then they'll start to focus on fixing bugs. (should at least) 

Right now fixing some of those bugs is like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. For the sake of making a "playable" build, the development process gets slowed down sadly.

Not if they are trying to push this build to stable, which I believe is the intention, not to add more stuff, save that for the next exp build.

I know you get that.

Edited by Barnabus

You can use the SKS bayonet too, just not the M98 Bayonet cause it's a spike.

Saw your kitchen knife just now in Severograd.  Floating about 40 feet up.

Weird distribution of loot.  Just hanging in the air, here and there.  Didn't see any military grade loot, but lots of various civilian stuff. 

Lots of zombies in S-grad for the size of the town.

Z

did under construction got its upgrade?

I didnt spend to long there as its a pretty high traffic area, but i didnt see any upgrade i mean it still had the floating sign on the way into the town from the east.

I see zeds still get confused at what is open closed doors i have watched them stop at an open door and if i close it for them they pour through.. Still no crashes to report so they really seem to have gotten a handle on that front..

Hoping the next wave of fixes will include the shadow bug ( i hate playing no shadows but with them it can get like a disco in some buildings lol..

Hmmm found a strange one, whne playing as a male you can hold breathe to steady your aim, as of i think 2 patches back now (in this 0.49 build) whenever I have a female survivor it dosent work (splint used) 

BROTHERS REJOICE! I HAVE FOUND A POLICE CAR!

9rm62k7.jpg?1

• Like 3

I have a stun baton that is pristine, I used up one battery until it no longer worked on zeds, changed it out with a worn battery, which works fine. However, the 1st battery still shows up as pristine. So I put it back in the stun baton, hit a zed and it didn't work. Stange bug that one, I will check the battery again when I get home (I swapped back to the worn battery) to see if it's condition updated yet.

With that working the way it is I am figuring on killing 5 zeds per battery before swapping out just to be safe. I am not gonna lug around that many batteries, so I'll hang onto my farmers hoe for now.

Edited by Barnabus

I have a stun baton that is pristine, I used up one battery until it no longer worked on zeds, changed it out with a worn battery, which works fine. However, the 1st battery still shows up as pristine. So I put it back in the stun baton, hit a zed and it didn't work. Stange bug that one, I will check the battery again when I get home (I swapped back to the worn battery) to see if it's condition updated yet.

With that working the way it is I am figuring on killing 5 zeds per battery before swapping out just to be safe. I am not gonna lug around that many batteries, so I'll hang onto my farmers hoe for now.

The condition of the battery won't change as it's charge depletes, Right click and lick the battery, It'll tell you if it has any juice left in it. ;) 

• Like 4

The Stun Baton won't stun players, as far as I know. I met somebody in Experimental today and he gave me his baton. "Hit me with it," he said to me, "It's for science."

So I hit him in the facehole, and he said that his character felt a warm jolt of electricity run through his body. I assume that it's not working properly, but it's set up so that it will be working soon.

The Stun Baton won't stun players, as far as I know. I met somebody in Experimental today and he gave me his baton. "Hit me with it," he said to me, "It's for science."

So I hit him in the facehole, and he said that his character felt a warm jolt of electricity run through his body. I assume that it's not working properly, but it's set up so that it will be working soon.

Have not had the chance on a player but it is aces in my book on zeds, a nice fast 2 hitter, it appears to me that I hit faster with the stun baton than the farmers hoe and I like it. I had two on me and took them out so quick I wasn't sure they were even dead, but they were, very cool. If had to have used the hoe I would have been bleeding with a hurt leg or broken arm at the least after that encounter, not with the quickness of the stun baton though.  Stun Baton--2 quick jabs and Zed is Ded.

The condition of the battery won't change as it's charge depletes, Right click and lick the battery, It'll tell you if it has any juice left in it. ;)

Aha! ok I'll give that a try, thanks..

Edited by Barnabus

I'm not sure that door States are synced from client to client, i was playing with a buddy yesterday and alot of doors were closed to him and open to me and vice versa, could be also why zombies are walking through seemingly closed doors, maybe if some more ppl were around they might tell you that the door you think is closed is in fact open, it really started screwing with my mind lol. 

• Like 2

Zeds have the perfect eyesight but they are almost deaf.

I was able to get behind a zed, walk towards him and smash him in the head without any aggro.

Couple of times zed charging me went invisible for a second and then reappeared.

Couldn't find any ammo in civilian spawns, backpacks also seem to be more rare.

Zeds will ruin your pants/jacket in just a few hits. Nothing changed here.

I also have the feeling that after 200mb+ patch I need to eat more often.

Oh, weapon sway still broken as fck.

Found my first helicopter crash, the smoke was functioning nicely.

f8ay8.jpg

I found this red dot sight there (is that new?), but not much else...

3311w8n.jpg

Also, it seems to be more accurate to aim from the hip than the sights with the sawed-off mosin.

2d1afps.jpg

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

Zeds have the perfect eyesight but they are almost deaf.

I was able to get behind a zed, walk towards him and smash him in the head without any aggro.

Couple of times zed charging me went invisible for a second and then reappeared.

Couldn't find any ammo in civilian spawns, backpacks also seem to be more rare.

Zeds will ruin your pants/jacket in just a few hits. Nothing changed here.

I also have the feeling that after 200mb+ patch I need to eat more often.

Oh, weapon sway still broken as fck.

Very strange apart from the deaf zeds i am having almost the completely different experience...

I am finding ammo in civilian spots (its just reduced it seems) i have used 2 bandages completely and 1 rag from being hit with zeds and maybe i have been lucky but my pants and rain coat have only gone from pristine to worn.....

You probably finding you have to eat more because of the temperature thing?? i mean if you let yourself get cold then you have to eat more..

I am finding sway extremely easy to manage unless i have a broken arm or i am silly enough to be running so i am tired and then trying to shoot straight away.. AT rested and in crouch or prone(which how i like to shoot) there is such a small sway it hardly effects my shot at all..

Oh i found a reasonable large amount of backpacks(only 1 mountain pack but tons of taloon and 3 hunter packs thus far.)

So as i said we seem to be having very very different experiences indeed..