haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Didn't work - net connection hiccuped, lost session.  So I will have to log in again, dump my stuff some place safe before I die, respawn, and get back to it.

Ah, well.

Z

• Yes This plan does work. ---->  If you are a new spawn just eat a little and drink then find an ax and matches and make a fire. Relog and live at your fire until your hypothermia goes away. After that everything seems to be working fine.

I did notice some glitches with my inventory from time to time and zombies are in hibernation ? Found some cool new items. Thermometer and the new Mask ( Looks SWEET ).  Looks like magnums are back in the game pretty good now but I cant find any ammo ! Before there was .357 everywhere now I have two magnums and no ammo. I am also finding a lot of rope but yes I agree axes are the new MUST HAVE ITEM !

Can we get an option for the thermometer to read in fahrenheit  ? Everything else looks good. ( Its starting to feel like a survival game and not PvP anymore ).

Sometimes I wonder.. do the devs even test the content they make?

That's what we are here for.

Relog and live at your fire until your hypothermia goes away. 

Any estimates about how long you have to wait?

Stop the petty bickering both of you are off-topic.

Sorry, I didn't feel we were bickering. I have no ill will or thoughts and I value the opinions of those who actually reply to my posts.

I was speaking to the state of EXP and the direction of the game, at least I thought it was. Maybe I should b!tch about the game not working like everyone else does?

Stun baton doesn't work.  I just ran into some random in Novo who asked if I had a battery so I gave him the one from my flashlight.  He said thanks and as I was about to walk away I told him he could test it out on my.  All that happened was getting spammed with a status message of "you feel a jolt of electricity jolt through your body" and nothing else.

I think it depends on condition of tHe baton. Mine is worn and does great on zeds, especially hoppers,
  • Like 1

One of the devs just twittet this:

"Experimental server going down in next few minutes, update incoming, ETA 2 hours"

Don´t know if this is just a hotfix for the rather bumpy last update, or the "complete rest" of 0.49, though...

• Like 3

Seems all servers are offline except one single US Server for the few ppl who wanna check the new items. Somebody knows if we get today or tomorrow a fix?

Edit: OK nevermind... and thx Haviland ;)

Edited by Sharplooter

I think it depends on condition of tHe baton. Mine is worn and does great on zeds, especially hoppers,

mine too and its pristine w/ pristine battery (glad I always keep that thing) - 2 pops with it and dead zed. I am starting to think I likes it a lot.

One of the devs just twittet this:

"Experimental server going down in next few minutes, update incoming, ETA 2 hours"

Don´t know if this is just a hotfix for the rather bumpy last update, or the "complete rest" of 0.49, though...

Mine is updating as we speak :D.  I was just on a few moments ago when I got the session lost, tried rejoining another server and got the error message of bad version.  There is a new version number coming out but it's still 49.xxxxxxx

Well, that went quick...

Same dev twitting like 4min ago;

"New experimental is live, enjoy!"

New version number on the servers, unfortunately no download option for my steam yet...

Edit: Ah, there we go. Another 793MB.  ;)

Edited by Haviland

Nice, doors make sound when opening now :D

Also, fresh spawn and it's near Cherno!!!!  Sweet!!!

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Nice, doors make sound when opening now :D

Also, fresh spawn and it's near Cherno!!!!  Sweet!!!

Had a feeling that was coming, ARMA III got it with it's latest update.

Joining a server on the brand new experimental and DayZ stops responding @ the please wait screen or on character spawn. Persisted on 2/2 repeat attempts.

CTD 3 times. Everytime after few minutes of playing. Need to investigate.

Same here , I crashed twice so far (played for only 10min)

Crashing a lot here, 4 times in under 30 minutes. Seems to be around houses and for me, so far only in third persion view. Can it be camera collision?

EDIT: happened in 1st person also, when opening a door inside a house (the one story red one that has a bar, a hallway with stairs to a locked door in the middle, and a backroom with a closet that leads to another backroom with a bed.

Also two swedish servers just stopped responding, might be coincidental.

EDIT: is not, just joined a new server and saw 4 people being flushed at the same time.

EDIT: crashing is server wide.

BUG: if your inventory is full, and you hold a not full medic kit in your hands, doubleclick a food item thats on the floor, it will go into the medic bag.

Edited by lol2k345

Hm yeah, its either session lost or CTD after less than five minutes on the server. ( UK0-04 crashed immediately on login, DE one's at least let me make some steps ingame.

EDIT: Crashed in both camera modes.

Edited by ChainReactor

I just played for -1 hour and CTD as well (when about to step over a small fence).

Door sounds were a nice surprise, things running smoother and smoother in general I believe.

Killed a zed with 2 whacks of a hoe and hit detection seemed greatly improved.

Zed animations, speed variations, and aggro characteristics, have been updated/tweaked (if I'm not mistaken).

System specs is always a good start. Is this universal, who's been playing without crashes? I'm still dl'ing so I'll pop back in after I've been up for a while.