haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

So it spawns then, because I found loot at the helicopter crash near that old ship broken. Found a RAK and ammo there, + like 2 or 3 sks, maps, military clothes... It had A LOT of loot (must be that loot respawn bug), but no smersh vest!

Then I moved to the other helicrash near that town that is on ruins, found nothing. I'm still in this sacred quest for the holy grail and the next stop is at balota swamps :ph34r:

WHY U NO SMERSH VEST ME DAYZ, WANT MA MONEIS BACK

Hmm really? I didn't think they were spawning anything. Interesting. Maybe they changed where the Smersh vests are spawning then. I haven't come across any random crash sites in 0.49, but that's mostly because I've been in the northeast.

Hmm really? I didn't think they were spawning anything. Interesting. Maybe they changed where the Smersh vests are spawning then. I haven't come across any random crash sites in 0.49, but that's mostly because I've been in the northeast.

Yeah I also haven't come across them random crash sites, will try to look for it there too. Well, at least I got the Rak, nice little weapon I must say :)

I know what you mean, but that's not the point of my criticism. Melee isn't proper fixed all in all because some "weapons" are still horribly broken and even worse than in 0.48. Please try for example the shovel in 0.49...

Btw in RL you can make with an axe a swing arc from right, left or above. So I don't see any reason why I should aim aside/off target with the dot/crosshair in 1st person to actually hit the zombie instead of aiming directly at the center of the head (what still leads to miss the zombie...)

You can make any number of swings with an axe in reality, sure. What I'm referring to is the in-game animation. There's also no reason why the "dot" should be how you're aiming but rather imagine the space where the axe physically travels and try to make sure your target is in that space. I'm not saying melee is working perfectly or that dsync doesn't make this troublesome at times but rather we shouldn't think about melee as we would with projectiles where there is a point at which you're aiming clearly indicated (by your sights). It's a bit more holistic than that (not the best word but it'll due for now) your character performs an action that affects a defined space in the game world defined by the action and not by some abstract "crosshair" or the like. This is why people have complained previously about hitting ceilings, the ceiling is not what they are aiming for but it is something they are colliding with, you just want to make that the zombie's head and not the ceiling.

Edited by Ebrim

ame="GunnyITA" post="2103007" timestamp="1409878020"]With my english I sold lamps and scolphtures made of glass at tousands of euros to tourists from worldwide.

With your english you are probaby still begging.[/quote

Looks like someone is having her monthly period.

Who cares that you sold some crap on a streetcorner to tourists.

How is my Italian? Well, my latin is a bit rusty. On the other hand, my Dutch, English and German are quite decent, besides of course my native tongue.

Ja? lass mal sehen...ein Kinderspiel

Now back to the topic, Do i am the only one experiencing noticeable lagg on any exp server? It's unplayable for me since 2 days, today i swapped to stable.

Also the amount of items inside some rooms provoking a terrible fps drop.

So at this point i do ask to myself? Is it only about the buildings or items have something aswell?

Edited by GunnyITA

As I understand it, they are set up to spawn in the three fixed helicopter crash sites -- which don't currently spawn anything. See the problem? :p

I've seen one pair in ~4 hours of playing 0.49. It was in one of the newer red brick garage buildings, specifically the one way up on the hill behind Novodmitrovsk (to the north). It was part of a giant mess of loot.

I have found a few Smersh backpacks but no vests to make the super pack. Also the Smersh now spawns (supposedly) at military locations. I like carrying the backpack in y regular pack, it holds 12 slots but only takes up 9 in another pack. It's a pain to get to stuff but that's where I keep my helper and hopeful stuff (helper like IV kit, hopeful like AK clip).

I have not seen any binos at all actually now that you mention it. I've been using my Longhorn instead right now.

Ja? lass mal sehen...ein Kinderspiel

Now back to the topic, Do i am the only one experiencing noticeable lagg on any exp server? It's unplayable for me since 2 days, today i swapped to stable.

Also the amount of items inside some rooms provoking a terrible fps drop.

So at this point i do ask to myself? Is it only about the buildings or items have something aswell?

Yes the lag is really really bad. Its all the items that the server is loading. Even the dreaded rubber band is back.

• Like 1

I was so wrong about HMMWVs not spawning gear. I wonder, if a BMP were to be in a spawn bubble would there be stuff spawning there too?

DayZ2014-09-0507-29-37-73_zpsf609c580.pn

In the picture above that car over yonder didn't have doodle but the jail house was chock full of stuff.  Mostly useless but there were some gems in the junk pile.

DayZ2014-09-0507-29-26-99_zps94a2fd4a.pn

And yes, there was so much stuff I was sweating.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 2

I have not seen any binos at all actually now that you mention it. I've been using my Longhorn instead right now.

Silly question, but has anyone had any luck finding binos on exp at all? i get the feeling them things have become quite shy and tedious to find.

I have been having good luck finding binos at the broken down military trucks, especially in the ones around the vicinity of Novo, to include the ones in Cernaya Polana and the village between Novo and Sevtlo.. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Any Idea why 3rd person server are  un-joinable ?

I was hoping this would be taken care of before the weekend, but alas it was not. It's a shame, I finally got my character established on Thursday so I could start exploring the new content a bit and haven't been able to play since.

• Like 1

I have found the only way that I can deal with environmental effects when it is raining - it's always raining, or about to - is to take off my raincoat, standing outside, and be ready to put it back on.  Because you get damp in two seconds, wet in two more, and life-threateningly soaked soon after.  But if I am wet or damp, I can run with my raincoat on and not start overheating.  If I don't do that step - and you have to have good reflexes! - running is too hot.

Sheesh.

Z

• Like 1

So, I log into today to my usual exp server, not too far from a static crash site but apparently just barely not far enough either.  By the time I have control my character is being beat to death by a zed, I am bleeding, my legs are broke and I can barely get my hoe drawn and back in crouch before I go unconscience.  No time to even swing on the bastard.  Naturally, I bleed out and die.  I hate that and here is why. 

I was really hoping to find a smersh vest or a magazine for the 2, yes I said TWO PM73's I had already found (I had found 3, 2 in the same helicopter at the same time!!!! but could only carry one in hand and one in my rucksack).  When I respawned it was way the hell up in Cernaya Polana, no way in hell was I gonna get back there to salvage anything.

On a side note, if I am a fresh spawn and you come up behind me with your fists up in the fighting position don't act all surprised when I pull my axe and start chasing your dumb ass.  Also, if you are a fresh spawn and you chase someone/me who is fully geared that does not respond to you in voice but is trying to evade you, leave them/me alone.  I don't want to shoot you, I'm a live and let live kind of guy, but keep on bugging me, I have and I will. 

Edited by Barnabus

This is why people have complained previously about hitting ceilings, the ceiling is not what they are aiming for but it is something they are colliding with, you just want to make that the zombie's head and not the ceiling.

I belive that about this, less disproportionate interiors would help a lot. I mean, look at this

iEmuBXM.jpg

Almost every interior in this game is cursed by the lack of proportions. I belive that the biggest effect is the graphic quality, but if you think about it, mobility and melee also gets affected by it

Edited by Avant-Garde

Sounds like you tried the "turning it off and then on again" tactics with stable / experimental. That's like trying to start up a broken computer and then starting up one that works. The broken Computer doesn't start working again just because you start up a working one since it's two different machines.

What are you on about? I reinstalled the exp, and it did nothing, that has nothing to do with "turning it off/on again" on two different machines.

Just found something rather interesting in the new devblog.

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-01-sept-14

quote:

Standup Notes for the week of 01 Sept 14

Art:
Firefighter Helmet
New civilian zombie
SPOSN Backpack
NEAF civilian hangar
New 55-gal drum
Derringer
AKS74U
AK101 retexture
M4 Drum Mag
Pack of cigarettes
Skate helmet
Bottle of voka
Dime bag
Range Finder
Leather wallet
Radio Cassette player
RGD2 smoke (white, black)
Waterproof packable bag
Waterproof backpack

quote end

Does this mean they are implementing usable drugs/tabaccos/alcoholics into the game? How sweet would that be!   :D  B)

(not to mention the radio cassette player) :lol:

Edited by Haviland
  • Like 1

I was so wrong about HMMWVs not spawning gear. I wonder, if a BMP were to be in a spawn bubble would there be stuff spawning there too?

Use image, not hot links please (and spoilers).

Post edited.

Woah ! Dime bags added ? Lol are we taking bud or coke? I hope it's the former and not the latter lol ! But this is exciting , both the small changes (new stuff , cigarettes cassette player ) and the large ones (new zombie models /animations , small villages to be "spiced up " , horticulture seems to be done , AND they're mentioning vehicles again :) )

What are you on about? I reinstalled the exp, and it did nothing, that has nothing to do with "turning it off/on again" on two different machines.

It sounded to me like you tried to make experimental work by switching to stable and then back to experimental. If that wasn't the case, never mind, my apologies. I just tried to use an unlucky example comparing stable and experimental as two different computers.

Okay, Vodka, Cigs and waterproof backpacks. Awesome. What the alc and Cigs are even for, I have no idea, but hey, now I can have a smoke whenever I have one in real life!

What is a dime bag used for? Is it actually a bag full of dimes? Can you throw it at people?

Never mind that last question, I just googled it LOL

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

No crashes for me.. but it takes about 100 years to get back to the main menu.. and another 100 years to get back to windows....which means that i am already dead and you reading a post from a ghost.... Booooooooooo

The game runs perfectly ... but i still have that weird problem closing the game and going back to windows.. sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes..and also in the .49 build i have the same problem going back to the main menu ( Character Selection )...2 to 3 minutes after leaving the servers list. Memory leak... ?... maybe ?

The game runs perfectly ... but i still have that weird problem closing the game and going back to windows.. sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes..and also in the .49 build i have the same problem going back to the main menu ( Character Selection )...2 to 3 minutes after leaving the servers list. Memory leak... ?... maybe ?

Leaving from the server list is instant for me (exp) but closing the game takes usually longer than before ( maybe 10sec). Also noticed that when in menu, dayz takes 70% cpu usage.(i5 2500k).. not sure how much is has been before, but seems kinda much.  Do you use ssd? I do

Do you use ssd?

So i have to buy SSD to speed up my gam exit time? You are just bragging about your superior pc rig.

It should not use that much time to exit, 100% it is bugged and/or have memory leaks and it has been like this for couple of patches now.

I cant wait stupid thing to get out of the loop, so i just kill it with task manager.

• Like 2

So i have to buy SSD to speed up my gam exit time? You are just bragging about your superior pc rig.

It should not use that much time to exit, 100% it is bugged and/or have memory leaks and it has been like this for couple of patches now.

I cant wait stupid thing to get out of the loop, so i just kill it with task manager.

Definitely bug or memory leak..the problem only happens leaving the game, not in the actual game..in fact my game runs perfectly when i playing. If it was the SSD you will also have problems in the game itself.

Edited by Cpanther

I have an ssd and have the same problem. It's an issue with the game, not your rig.

Less and less servers working. Now how am I supposed to get to my stash? My "home server" is unavailable. I grrrr this! >:(