haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

invisible zombies. 

random zombie noises every 5-10 seconds.

melee is great

stairs are great. 

I got hit once by nothing then nothing after that could be delayed.

Edited by fowang

Have to say I'm not enjoying the current update. Melee on zed is a pain in the arse.  Missing them to much whilst the pummel the shit out of you and from a distance (would have thought this might have been fixed as it has been an issue for quit some time) to much lag which I have not had problems with before and the weather effects are hit and miss at the moment.  Plus the zed detection needs work as it seems they can look through walls and trees.  Lost count of the times I hear them then the next thing they come through a tree right in front of me and that's the first time I have spotted them. Oh well time to give the game a rest and see what the next update brings

I have Gorka Pants, TTsKO Jacket, Balistic Helmet, and UK Assault Vest, no boots, no face mask, no gloves. And all time i have Hyperthermia, wtf.. Loot in 0.49 is funny too, some places are totally empty but other places can be full of loot, 15 maps, 20 tools, 10 clothes, and some food e.g. 3x Rice, fruits. I found about 10 fireaxes and 5 splitting axes in one place.

a guy bamby made me inconscious with 1 hoe hit....i gave him 2 axe hits plus a cr527 shoot and still alive.

gg dean, go ahead with this shit.

Edited by GunnyITA

@desolance1

alpha is for implementing features rudimentary, beta is for polish and balance them, final is the best result of balancing and bugfighting.. 

we are still an alpha status, feel free to post bugs in bugtracker, the rest of data collecting is still done whole the time by the devs.

• Like 3

I found the makarov IJ70 and it didn't have a magazine. Couldn't find one anywhere. Also, it wouldn't let me chamber .380's (makarov takes .380) either so I think the ammo is bugged.

Dude....i found the holy grail yesterday....7 makarov magazines and a makarov in the same tent at balota.

I found a barn knee-deep in misc barn loot, including the CR carbine, shotguns, sks, blaze, and Mosins.  Plus the usual coats and wellies and miscellaneous other stuff.  I waded through it all and I think I took one bandana for rags out of the whole mess!  :D

Z

Had that yesterday, spamming helped me, BUT double tapping ALT should work, so yes, a minibug as far as I am concerned. But I would not report such a "small" thing in experimental, maybe it's a fluke. If spamming is the answer, then the problem is not really sitting in front of the monitor ;)

Not a bug. It is meant to switch between toggle and hold freelook. There are other examples, too, such as double tapping to switch between toggle and hold walk.

I like where 0.49 is going, but I think it needs another week to "age" before being pushed to stable. Then again, many of my complaints about it's current state could be overcome by having more servers available to play it on. Maybe.

• Like 1

Indeed.  I hate having to "server hop" just to play.  I join a server at 37/40, and "maximum number of players has been reached".  Okay, so I join one at 24/40, and "maximum number of players has been reached"... So I try one at 12/40, and, you guessed it... "maximum number of players has been reached".  So now I am trying to get back to a server where I have a stash, as I got killed yet again - and it is one of the four that are stuck at 0800/0920/1400.  Figures.

:D  My luck or Murphy.

Z

Twice now dayz has crashed mid game on experimental. Never crashes on stable though.

Event log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          03/09/2014 16:23:14
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      comp2
Description:
Faulting application name: DayZ.exe, version: 0.49.124.857, time stamp: 0x53ff186b
Faulting module name: DayZ.exe, version: 0.49.124.857, time stamp: 0x53ff186b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0037c002
Faulting process id: 0x1314
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc78abbae53e8
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
Report Id: 38b0a099-337e-11e4-bdd4-e03f490ee783
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-03T15:23:14.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16135</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>comp2</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>DayZ.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.49.124.857</Data>
    <Data>53ff186b</Data>
    <Data>DayZ.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.49.124.857</Data>
    <Data>53ff186b</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0037c002</Data>
    <Data>1314</Data>
    <Data>01cfc78abbae53e8</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe</Data>
    <Data>38b0a099-337e-11e4-bdd4-e03f490ee783</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Any Ideas

Not a bug. It is meant to switch between toggle and hold freelook. There are other examples, too, such as double tapping to switch between toggle and hold walk.

Exactly, but ChainReactor said that he tried double tapping, implying that that did not help. I also had a case where I was toggled in free look and double tapping did NOT get me back into normal mode. First I was supprised, then tried it again, no success. Spamming ALT five or six times did the job, so it seems like there is sometimes a problem with registering the key presses or so.

Have to say I'm not enjoying the current update. Melee on zed is a pain in the arse.  Missing them to much whilst the pummel the shit out of you and from a distance (would have thought this might have been fixed as it has been an issue for quit some time) to much lag which I have not had problems with before and the weather effects are hit and miss at the moment.  Plus the zed detection needs work as it seems they can look through walls and trees.  Lost count of the times I hear them then the next thing they come through a tree right in front of me and that's the first time I have spotted them. Oh well time to give the game a rest and see what the next update brings

try the hoe, it works great

I think that they are either are going to release a exp tomorow or next week, because this build needs some tweaking before its ready for stable

I have Gorka Pants, TTsKO Jacket, Balistic Helmet, and UK Assault Vest, no boots, no face mask, no gloves. And all time i have Hyperthermia, wtf.. Loot in 0.49 is funny too, some places are totally empty but other places can be full of loot, 15 maps, 20 tools, 10 clothes, and some food e.g. 3x Rice, fruits. I found about 10 fireaxes and 5 splitting axes in one place.

no joke, go sit in a pond to cool off. Seriously it works.
  • Like 1

Found a neat little trick to have stable temperature. Might be a glitch though. (probably)

But with gorka jacket, you can't get wet from the rain, just like the raincoat, but you still can get wet by entering water. By just getting damp, I wasn't wet enough to get cold, and was unable to dry off my clothes. And somehow, while running I wasn't getting hot anymore. Ran for 30 minutes without getting any hyper or hypo messages. Never got dry too and was always damp. This will get fix eventually, but it was useful for the time it worked, instead of taking off my jacket every few minutes because I was getting hot too fast.

szcw85.jpg

Stairs climbing are horrible again

Before was slow....not it's horrible fast as the lightning speed.

Doesn't exist something that stands between?

Doesn't exist someone making stairs that fast with weapons off!!

Hm, planned a DayZ evening, but can only find one Exp server ( a US-Southwest one ) even after refreshing the serverlist multiple times and even restarting the game. Something going on?

EDIT: Now i found DE 0-5 but its stuck.

Edited by ChainReactor

Yeah, I found my first Longhorn in the Novo tower... along with about 500 other random items. It was like Christmas. Except afterwards I didn't feel full with turkey and apple pie, I felt empty with no fulfillment over finding the Zelda of guns. I also found a shed with more items than it could fit.

I even offered it as a gift to a random hunter I found in Severograd because it meant nothing to me. It felt so wrong, I logged off and tried a different server. But when I hit my third town with nothing but portable gas stoves and boots, I logged back into the Christmas server but it appeared to back to normal. I should have made a bee line to NWAF to stock up on grenades and AKMs.

Found a neat little trick to have stable temperature. Might be a glitch though. (probably)

Ran for 30 minutes without getting any hyper or hypo messages. Never got dry too and was always damp.

As of now running doesn't affect body temperature.

In real life physical exercise pumps up the body heat and thus cannot not lead to hypothermia.

I like the hyper/hypo system but it still needs some tweaking. I was doing ok leaving four slots open to keep taking my raincoat off for when I went hyper. You should have a better chance of going hypo than hyper (at least in game), going hyper all the time from running was getting annoying. I think they should have waited until other forms of transportation were available to implement this to impose such a penalty on walking/running.

OH! I also started my first 49 exp spawning on a roof. How come I was perfectly fine running off that roof as a new spawn without issue and my fully geared player in stable dies from a fall half the height? WTF!?!?

But with gorka jacket, you can't get wet from the rain, just like the raincoat, but you still can get wet by entering water. By just getting damp, I wasn't wet enough to get cold, and was unable to dry off my clothes. And somehow, while running I wasn't getting hot anymore. Ran for 30 minutes without getting any hyper or hypo messages. Never got dry too and was always damp. This will get fix eventually, but it was useful for the time it worked, instead of taking off my jacket every few minutes because I was getting hot too fast.

szcw85.jpg

Apparently atm it makes the biggest difference what shoes you wear. Like, hiking boots, combat boots make you hot, runners keep you cool. I'm not sure but maybe try that out?

Stairs climbing are horrible again

Before was slow....not it's horrible fast as the lightning speed.

Doesn't exist something that stands between?

Doesn't exist someone making stairs that fast with weapons off!!

I preferred the slow stairs from before. I actually killed a guy the other day in part because of the new stair speed. Because most people in the game run around like impatient teenagers, he was half-way up the stairs before he realized that there was a guy at the top pointing a gun at him...

As of now running doesn't affect body temperature.

In real life physical exercise pumps up the body heat and thus cannot not lead to hypothermia.

So yes it doesn't affect body temperature right now in game. In real life, yes our bodies aren't terribly efficient and so activity makes us warmer but if it's significantly cold outside it doesn't really matter, you'll still get hypothermia, it might just not happen as quickly. Similarly, while active you get hotter, faster.

• Like 1