haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Less and less servers working. Now how am I supposed to get to my stash? My "home server" is unavailable. I grrrr this! > :(

Me too, glad I am at work and have no stashes at the moment.  Last one I had I used already.  I actually got almost fully geared in the vicinity of Novo.

Edited by Barnabus

Less and less servers working. Now how am I supposed to get to my stash? My "home server" is unavailable. I grrrr this! > :(

Have patience! :D I couldn't play at all on Friday, but I just spent a good chunk of my Saturday playing. Availability has been fluctuating wildly. My time was split between AU/NZ 0-1 and UK 0-05.

On another note, I was able to get to fully geared today without investing a lot of time. Full TTsKO, hunting backpack, assault vest, tons of food and water, med supplies, ammo, an AKM, the whole 9 yards. Then I got killed in Berezino :| Then I geared up again! In less than an hour I was back in good health and kicking zombie ass. I feel as though I've mostly mastered the intricacies of 0.49.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Have patience! :D I couldn't play at all on Friday, but I just spent a good chunk of my Saturday playing. Availability has been fluctuating wildly. My time was split between AU/NZ 0-1 and UK 0-05.

On another note, I was able to get to fully geared today without investing a lot of time. Full TTsKO, hunting backpack, assault vest, tons of food and water, med supplies, ammo, an AKM, the whole 9 yards. Then I got killed in Berezino :| Then I geared up again! In less than an hour I was back in good health and kicking zombie ass. I feel as though I've mostly mastered the intricacies of 0.49.

Nice, I bounce between Singapore 1 - Aus/NZ 1 or Singapore 4 - Aus/NZ 4 based on mood and/or servers restart schedule.   I make it a point to stay out of Berezino and NWAF as much as possible.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or are really all reg. servers out of order now? Eh, what the heck, I'll just switch to HC for a while, that'll do me some good. :)

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

1P/3P servers NE-05 and Central-01 are showing as up - full, but up.  There are some UK servers with too high a ping showing as operational as well, but mostly full too.  1P servers are available.

Z

I played the game for about 2 hours and I found the following issues...

1) Impossible to get into more than 2 servers at times

2) Sewing does not improve clothes

3) I was in a warehouse and the zombie was running through the floor and attacked me like a shark.

Other than that, can't wait to see what this game becomes!

I played the game for about 2 hours and I found the following issues...

1) Impossible to get into more than 2 servers at times

2) Sewing does not improve clothes

3) I was in a warehouse and the zombie was running through the floor and attacked me like a shark.

Other than that, can't wait to see what this game becomes!

@ 2) you have to remove/move that piece of clothing for the mending to take effect

• Like 2

Sorry for my "rant" now, but atm some things are really sucks at dayz (0.49):

- can't try out or test the persistence at exp servers because everytime I hide backpacks + weapons in the woods, the server I chose went down some hours later (no change to go back to the stashed stuff)

- lags or char stuck while fighting with zombies were never worse than now (even on open fileds without any obstacles) especially when you fight with 2 or more zeds simultaneously

- so often you can't hear shots from attackers (campers), no chance to localise them before dying (already since 0.48)

- Riders Jacket damage system makes no sence (probably just a annoying bug since months!), I had at least 10 pristine Rider Jackets, all got ruined with ONE zombie hit, there are in fact no interstages from pristine to ruined when you get hit by zombies (ofc you can find worn, damaged or badly damaged Rider Jackets)

- Makarov mag reload don't work proper with severals mags in inventory, probably because the mag state (empty or full) don't gets updated till you drop it (like clothing states + sewing kits)  

- cheaters

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

All US Exp servers are not functioning currently.

I was able to join a German server but then my game crashed.

New players need to learn to lurk more before posting.

I completely understand why the dev team wouldn't visit this place.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

What is a dime bag used for? Is it actually a bag full of dimes? Can you throw it at people?

Never mind that last question, I just googled it LOL

Goober!  LOL, you ain't fooling anyone with that little ploy you know!  Some of us may have just fell off the beet wagon but I am not one of them. :P

- lags or char stuck while fighting with zombies were never worse than now (even on open fileds without any obstacles) especially when you fight with 2 or more zeds simultaneously

- Riders Jacket damage system makes no sence (probably just a annoying bug since months!), I had at least 10 pristine Rider Jackets, all got ruined with ONE zombie hit, there are in fact no interstages from pristine to ruined when you get hit by zombies (ofc you can find worn, damaged or badly damaged Rider Jackets)

-I have not had the lag issue with zeds you have had, although, I did get beat to death by one while I in the Please Wait screen, when I gained control legs were broken, bleeding, barely got my hoe up when I went unconscience, then bled out.

As far as hearing shots, I have been hearing this odd tinging type noise, when that happens I keep on playing but when I log back in later (after hearing this noise) I am always a bambi on the coast.

-It's not just the riders jacket that this happens to my friend, the Gorka Camo Jackets are notorious for this too.  Drives me nuts.   The hoodie seems to be the most resilient of the jackets.

On a different topic must be time for an update/wipe, I finally found a tent.  jeez, took me all this time, first tent I have found.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Looks good from what I seen. Still needs work of course. Main thing I would like to see, Is less loot of food and canned drinks. Food clean water should be the hardest thing to find, Not guns. Guns itself should be some what easy. Russia Is alot like America. Plenty of weapons. Ammo should be the thing you should have a real hard time finding. Ascend from ammo. Food! We have so many ways to get water, That it no problem to get. However, You should have to Clean the water before you can drink it. Rather 1 out of 5 chance if getting badly sick. If you just drink rain water well water etc. Makes more likely to get robbed rather than just shoot. 

growing you're on food or killing for meat. Is what is starting to make this game.. Its been pvp thats it game for far to long. Get old. I personally stop playing for that reason. Adding the trying to survive the day . from elements of life. Makes it fun on its on. Then you have the pvp as well. That to me more important then whole bunch of guns, And cars. I rather see places to store items and more survival stuff than the cars and stuff. Not to say I wouldn't like to see in game Just like to see that in first. Thee is one weapo I really wish you would add to game. Compound bow! I know we have the crossbow, and homemade bow and that cool. But the compound has a sight and more power. So homemade has killing range of 40 metters example. The compound bow should be around 70 to 100 max  killing range. very strong 120 pound pull. but slow reloading like any bow. I love to see that added. Spawn points be farm house, Barns etc. Back to subject. There is way to much food in game atm. It not even a threat. that should be the man threat if you can find no animal, or grow you're on food. gives more area for other loot. Or zombies. Add few more animals in spawns to balance it out a little better. Makes a more reason for weapons, other kill players. And more to get out of the city and explore. Random spawns for animals, Like the Heli. and water tablets should be used to clean water to prevent getting sick. Which makes the a must. That would really add to the game. Second biggest issue is the hackers!!! glicths!! more so than the zombies going thur walls, thats a pain but can deal, Hackers game stopper!! Thank you for you're time..

Looks good from what I seen. Still needs work of course. Main thing I would like to see, Is less loot of food and canned drinks. Food clean water should be the hardest thing to find, Not guns. Guns itself should be some what easy. Russia Is alot like America. Plenty of weapons. Ammo should be the thing you should have a real hard time finding. Ascend from ammo. Food! We have so many ways to get water, That it no problem to get. However, You should have to Clean the water before you can drink it. Rather 1 out of 5 chance if getting badly sick. If you just drink rain water well water etc. Makes more likely to get robbed rather than just shoot. 

growing you're on food or killing for meat. Is what is starting to make this game.. Its been pvp thats it game for far to long. Get old. I personally stop playing for that reason. Adding the trying to survive the day . from elements of life. Makes it fun on its on. Then you have the pvp as well. That to me more important then whole bunch of guns, And cars. I rather see places to store items and more survival stuff than the cars and stuff. Not to say I wouldn't like to see in game Just like to see that in first. Thee is one weapo I really wish you would add to game. Compound bow! I know we have the crossbow, and homemade bow and that cool. But the compound has a sight and more power. So homemade has killing range of 40 metters example. The compound bow should be around 70 to 100 max  killing range. very strong 120 pound pull. but slow reloading like any bow. I love to see that added. Spawn points be farm house, Barns etc. Back to subject. There is way to much food in game atm. It not even a threat. that should be the man threat if you can find no animal, or grow you're on food. gives more area for other loot. Or zombies. Add few more animals in spawns to balance it out a little better. Makes a more reason for weapons, other kill players. And more to get out of the city and explore. Random spawns for animals, Like the Heli. and water tablets should be used to clean water to prevent getting sick. Which makes the a must. That would really add to the game. Second biggest issue is the hackers!!! glicths!! more so than the zombies going thur walls, thats a pain but can deal, Hackers game stopper!! Thank you for you're time..

There's always gonna be hackers, there are always gonna be people who can't play and have to feel "leet" so they think they are having a good time by being d-bag hacker scum.  They get bored eventually but there will always be a new crop of shit bags who, somehow, think they are the first ones to ever hack a game.

You also will not get everyone out of the cities and out exploring no matter what you do, that's ok, more for me and you if they hang about Berezino.  It's a sandbox, people are gonna do what they want.

I believe that in the future there will be uses for all the meds we currently find in game, right now though, it's just rubbing alcohol to clean rags, bandages, morphine, Epi pens and the IV's.  I have heard you can spray the disinfectant on raw foods like bananas, potatos, peppers, apples and such to poison them for the next guy.  I don't know if that is true or a rumor, it makes me cautious to eat raw foods.

Edited by Barnabus

This is the beginning of being able to live completely off the land! Tents, fishing, growing your own crops plus persistence! All I need now to be golden is some simple barricading and I'd be set on this game for a very long time :D! Don't get me wrong piecing together vehicles will be awesome with friends but they are not as big on my list as barricading is and being completely self sufficient. Can't wait for update!

I agree.. I jus want to see barricading and I'm not to fussed on vehicles arriving first at all :D

OK, let's try it in this section of the forum.

Anyone else notice that this server is always at 14:51 with 13/40 players and when you try to log in you get stuck at the "Wait for host" screen?

Now why are you making another Topic about this ?

Everybody knows that the Experimental Servers are broken, your question has already been answered and your previous Topic merged into the relevant Topic.

Really hoping updated .49 hits experimental today... :rolleyes:

Edited by robhimself

Now why are you making another Topic about this ?

Everybody knows that the Experimental Servers are broken, your question has already been answered and your previous Topic merged into the relevant Topic.

I didn't see that you'd moved it! And you moved it to a "slightly-not-quite-the-same-problem" thread. I've just never seen this particular Exp server problem before.

Thanks for paying me some attention though! ^_^

Thanks for paying me some attention though! ^_^

I am here but to serve :blush:

The Exp servers and build have been wonky since going live I'm afraid.

Persistent loot servers (Stable) are mostly glitched, it is obvious that some serious work is being done back in the office to get this and other problems sorted out.

I'm waiting for a new Exp build before playing any more DayZ.

• Like 2

I am here but to serve :blush:

The Exp servers and build have been wonky since going live I'm afraid.

Persistent loot servers (Stable) are mostly glitched, it is obvious that some serious work is being done back in the office to get this and other problems sorted out.

I'm waiting for a new Exp build before playing any more DayZ.

Yea I only play Exp these days really, just love testin' new shit out! Needless to say there's plenty of frustrations, but I've been in it since DayZero and Dean Hall is from my hometown so I'm like, intrinsically bound to play DayZ FOREVER!

• Like 2

Hope they get the job done today. Would be nice to start my epic adventure of underrated headgear and dead clowns again

Hicks just twitted that they would be implementing the new Exp .49 push tomorrow vice today.  No word on whether this would fix the server prob.

Z

Hicks just twitted that they would be implementing the new Exp .49 push tomorrow vice today. No word on whether this would fix the server prob.

Damn that's rough . I was really hoping to see it today , it seems like there's always a last minute issue so I really hope there's not another one that pushes it off til Wednesday , tomorrow's my only day off :( !

Hicks just twitted that they would be implementing the new Exp .49 push tomorrow vice today.  No word on whether this would fix the server prob.

Z

*sigh* so now that I finally have a pair of binos I can already start saying goodbye to them. Oh grrr.

Meh, it was about time for a fresh start anyway, meanwhile I have like 12 backpacks stashed away and no one found them, so it is starting to get a bit boring.

Is anyone else able to join a Exper. server?  yesterday i could only join 1st person....now i cant get past ..(wait for host) on any of the servers...