aj1

Wheres the best place to run without getting killed?

Ive been playing Dayz and everytime i spawn i get killed in cherno or elektro or berezino. So i thought here would be a good place to ask where to run first as soon as you spawn... please answer and thanks in advance  :lol:  :thumbsup:

If you're saying you're spawning in Cherno, then I think we have some issues. I don't think they have spawns on the southern coastline.

one of the inner towns with a police station such as novy sobor, gorka, etc.

Dont run to Berezino, Cherno, Elektro or any largish city if you DONT want to get killed - Like people suggested above go inland 

I suppose you could go to a larger city and try to be real sneaky and not go after any high-value targets... you might live. But yeah, as has been said, you'll live longer inland.

Just head to debug plains.  No one is usually out there, and those that are are thankful to see another soul.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

Go to Berezino, Cherno or Elektro but don't run around like an idiot. There's a chance you'll get shot no matter where you are. But if you're careful and you happen to have any kind of situational awareness you might avoid that. 

Police stations are also overrated, because of said overrating they're huge player magnets and usually get looted first, this also means that they're the best place to get shot pretty much anywhere.

Look through all the buildings and old cars and you can find decent equipment pretty fast. Even guns.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 2

Head inland. Get familiar with the map and rough roads/locations. Basically scour near where you start for essential food and a fill of water, and hopefully a weapon like a hoe, axe, or machete to deal with zombies. (the later two are good for cans) Hit apple trees off the beaten path once you've dealt with any nearby zombies for an initial feed before your journey.

In inland towns, focus on schools, piano houses, and the brick houses with arched doorways. Most players bee-line for police stations and pass by most of these which have pretty good loot, including guns. Check any 2-storey house as well for the odd useful item, as well as the long steel barns with the upper walkway. Once you have a gun, and a decent size backpack you can take a chance at a military base or airfield but be extra cautious because these will be generally KoS locations. Have a plan for what you're looking for. I.e. cammo clothing, hunter pack, magazines, scopes, etc. Get familiar with what spawns where, so that you can move efficiently. I typically stash my main pack outside somewhere safe along with anything valuable and raid the area with minimal gear. A) there's a chance you can get back to your gear if you're shot, and B) it makes you less of a valuable target/threat if you come across someone. C) An empty pack (I.e. courier bag, or finding one of many that will be lying around in the base) is easier to fill with anything of value use that you can sort out in safety later.

• Like 1

I typically stash my main pack outside somewhere safe along with anything valuable and raid the area with minimal gear. A) there's a chance you can get back to your gear if you're shot, and B) it makes you less of a valuable target/threat if you come across someone. C) An empty pack (I.e. courier bag, or finding one of many that will be lying around in the base) is easier to fill with anything of value use that you can sort out in safety later.

That is generally a good idea, however I had the bad experience of doing something similar and then the server disconnected without any warning and I lost a bunch of stuff, either that or getting kicked for no reason, which happens a lot (to me anyway). Either way, it results in you losing gear if its not in your hands or on your back.

Also, if you drop a rifle with attachments anywhere, it will lose those attachments (including grip and stock) within about 15 minutes....

Head to the North West portion of the map, (NOT the NWAF though). There is never anyone there. There are some places with lots of loot like garages, police stations, and office buildings. You have to be willing to leg it though. You can loot up along the way with no issues once you get away from the death traps the big cities have become.

• Like 1

The grazers way:

Leave the coast and travel into the woods (follow roads) until you find a peaceful town. Gorka, Polana, Staroye or even Cernaya Polana (this one os more risky but has crazy loot) make good targets. Then move towards the West - Vybor and Zelenogorsk are good an relatively quiet looting places (but not without risk).

The scavangers way:

Go to one of the bigger coastal cities or to Novodmitrovsk. Keep you head low and try to avoid open fields as well as the big guys. Loot houses and corpses but don't run into a trap. Stay aware of your surroundings and maybe find some friendlies to take the bullets for you help you gearing up.

The berserkers way:

Find a geared player. Raise your fists and charge him. Outcome A: You die - rinse and repeat. Outcome B: You knock him out. Take his weapon and shoot him (aim for the head). Make sure you really killed him (Check pulse) and take his stuff - voila you are geared.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 2

I was going to say Boston, but...

Anyway...

Head inland as soon as you possibly can. Get off the coast, and avoid Cherno and Electro like a Thai hooker. You'll see less dicks that way. That will keep you alive much longer, and once you play the game more and more and more...you'll learn where guns spawn, ammo spawns, the best clothing spawns...you get the drill. Don't worry about getting killed all the time. Everybody dies, especially new players. The more you play, the more you look at the online maps while you run around...all that playtime and experience build up more and more. Plus...and this is VERY important to learn at this stage in the game...people have a natural tendency to travel on roads. Never travel on roads. Travel by them, in the woods, the fields, the trees...never travel using a road.

Other people use roads.

Other people have guns.

• Like 1

If you spawn near a big city you might as well head in and check the major loot spawns. Fire/Police Station, Hospital, and Supermarket. If you are a new character what do you have to lose? Obviously once you have some gear its not wise to stick around, but it can be a big jump start.

Head to the North West portion of the map, (NOT the NWAF though). There is never anyone there. There are some places with lots of loot like garages, police stations, and office buildings. You have to be willing to leg it though. You can loot up along the way with no issues once you get away from the death traps the big cities have become.

I have NEVER seen anybody in Pustoshka. Not once. I've barely ever seen a soul in Vybor or Kabanino. I have this little route that I like to take in the game that passes through these three cities, and they're full of great loot but I don't ever see anybody there.

I have NEVER seen anybody in Pustoshka. Not once. I've barely ever seen a soul in Vybor or Kabanino. I have this little route that I like to take in the game that passes through these three cities, and they're full of great loot but I don't ever see anybody there.

Prior to .47 I'd never run into anyone in Vybor-Pustoshka, and very infrequently in NWAF tents. Even on mid-high pop servers. However, since .47 I've been seeing a lot more activity around Vybor, and you're lucky *not* to see anyone at NWAF or it looted to uselessness. Pustoshka's only really good for food with the market, cows, and I believe 3 nanna houses. Can find weapons and basic equipment in jeeps and a couple decent houses, but you're generally far better off heading to Vybor or Zelenagorsk. Slightly annoyed coming into Vybor now and finding it looted. It's been a bit of a home-town for me. :)

I actually did run into someone in Pustoshka the other day when I was just heading out of town, looked back and saw movement, so I headed to a tree and scoped in to see a relatively ungeared, but armed player aiming up the road where I had been headed...

I would suggest Skalisty Island, not many players there...

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

I often spawn at Dolina, which is down a road about 1000 meters inland from Solnichney. Its a peaceful, woodland town this some residential buildings, and, best of all, a Police Station. If you grind in the morning, the police station is almost always unloosed from personal experience. There is also lots of game in the surrounding forests.

If you play solo you will have to avoid the coast for the time being.

The best is to use the woods and go west at the NW Airfield. For your journey just eat and drink until you are Energized and Hydrated, get a Splitting or Firefighter Axe, craft some rags and move.

Of course there may be people at the Airfield but as a fresh spawn you have nothing to loose but time. If you’re lucky the raid should be quite rewarding.

Then go back to the middle of the map if you want to continue solo play or head for some minor city on the east coast and look for terrorized spawns to help or kill.