boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

well then we had just bad luck

we found now 5 nonlootet crashsites but found no frags or flashs. just mags m4s and weaponparts

Found my first heli crash last night.  Damaged M4 stock and a Badly Damaged weapon cleaning kit.....

I think we got a mix of loot respawning loot and the good old loot spawning at server restarts. Can some of you look out if that is true? I had hoped we have no loot spawning at restarts any more :(

Unfortunately the loot mechanic still works the same - the entire server is a complete bonanza after server restart, and after restart a tiny trickle of respawning loot might appear if you're lucky, but for the most part not because people cherry-pick.

Mechanic needs a lot of work for it to work like in the mod.

2 issues I've had with .48

1.  I've visited 2 seperate water wells in .48.  Both times the drinking animation failed to play, enabling me to fully hydrate my character in a matter of seconds simply by spamming the f key.

2.  Zoom toggle doesn't work anymore.  double tap the + key, when i let go, it goes back to unzoomed.  Reassigned the key binding to * on the keypad, and deleted the double tap binding. Still doesn't work.

Anyone else have these issues?

I think we got a mix of loot respawning loot and the good old loot spawning at server restarts. Can some of you look out if that is true? I had hoped we have no loot spawning at restarts any more :(

Yeah, seems to be a bit of a mix in my experience.

Mechanic needs a lot of work for it to work like in the mod.

Well were definitely not aiming for the standalones loot respawn to be exactly like the Loot respawn in the mod , that'd be ridiculous everyone would have everything they need to repair vehicles , stay alive on infinite cAnned goods and most likely be able to find a gun within thirty minutes ... No we definitely need a much more sophisticated system that has parts of the old system in it and new dynamics that make it more complex and less predictable than in the mods , which is what they are doing we are just in one of those small steps towards having a great loot respawn system so things seem mad wonks son ..

Long story short were gonna go through at least another month of the spawn system evolving like this until it's near perfect ( and by that I mean a system that keeps us at a relatively low loot level all around the server but keeps it moving and dynamic enough so that people can't exploit it as much or predict where things will be , also it will definitely have to have a good cycle of spawning so certain items aren't spawning too much or too little , which again is what were seeing now ; the loot respawn system being worked up to its final stage but unfortunately some steps throughout this process seem a little harder to play with than others ).

• Like 1

Please fix the 7.62x51mm spawn rates. I've been playing so much on so many different servers and I've only found 3 individual rounds.

I've got at least 60 rounds of 7.62x51mm. I just can't find anything else besides .380, .22, and buckshot.

ok is any one losing all items and become new spawn. when a server restart

• Like 1

ok is any one losing all items and become new spawn. when a server restart

Happen three times to me. Its not like before where you get that message warning you about the server is not connected to the hive it just seems to instantly wipe your character the moment the screen loads. Because of this I only join servers that have at least 3-4 people already in them and never right after a reset, been safe so far doing that.

Jesus christ, stop whining about reset characters/lost loot. This is an alpha, early-acess game. It was told that character resets will be frequent, so if you can't deal with it - don't buy the game yet. It's your own problem if you bought an unfinished product.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to zombies spawning in from a distance again.

Fixing the broken hit detection issues will be incredibly welcome too.

I miss sitting on a hill and playing zombie target practice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the work @Dayz Team.  Would wish that the hitboxes for zombies will be fixed.  But can wait to have it fixed properly.  Thanks again.

Jesus christ, stop whining about reset characters/lost loot. This is an alpha, early-acess game. It was told that character resets will be frequent, so if you can't deal with it - don't buy the game yet. It's your own problem if you bought an unfinished product.

No 1 was bitching. I was just asking if any 1 else had this.

So quit with that tone

• Like 1

I've noticed today that guns seem to just decide not to work despite being loaded. This happened to my friend while trying to shoot a zombie - The Magnum would just act like it wasn't loaded, yet it was.

And it happened to me a bit later. Same gun, same problem. It was loaded but pretended that it wasn't.

And yes, I got shot because of that.

I've noticed today that guns seem to just decide not to work despite being loaded. This happened to my friend while trying to shoot a zombie - The Magnum would just act like it wasn't loaded, yet it was.

And it happened to me a bit later. Same gun, same problem. It was loaded but pretended that it wasn't.

And yes, I got shot because of that.

Make sure your ammo isn't all buggered up. Loading dodgy rounds will leave your weapon nice and silent when you need it to say bang.

Make sure your ammo isn't all buggered up. Loading dodgy rounds will leave your weapon nice and silent when you need it to say bang.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're saying xD Both of us loaded our guns with regular ammo we found. I loaded mine with a speedloader. None of them said bang when we wished they had ^^

Edited by James Hawke

Ok, this game with every new patch geting even worse.

First, they deleted my backpack, with legal found M4, all rags and bandages, protector case, all SKS ammo, all water, almost everything they deleted from my character. 

Every of that items is LEGAL FOUND, I AM NOT SOME FUCKING HACKER OR DUPER OR ANYTHING ELSE. STOP DELETING GEAR OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!

Before this update I got fully geared, and I have proof of course.

Couple of weeks ago with 0.47 update

http://cloud-4.steam...4ED24812C675CA/

And now

http://cloud-4.steam...A0371A7EFA8D0C/

And of course, super ZOMBIE broke all bones in my body, and I even bleeding now, but dont have rags or bandages because developers delete them all.

http://cloud-4.steam...5461C9B9F3ECCC/

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, THANK YOU DEAN!

On my hardcore character, I have a legit m4 and I HAD some couple mags which were  legit as well as other 30 and 40 round mags. Those and all my ammo in my ammo box was deleted.

Now my character has a gun with no ammo or magazines.

between reddit and other forum post it's my understanding that the SMERSH vest (not backpack) are not spawning at all currently, at least no one is posting they've found one, can devs or someone confirm  that SMERSH vest are not spawning in the current stable build?

• Like 1

OMG , this stupid game sometimes 

I had two tents , full of loot. they are both gone , in 20 min. Pretty sure they just disapear. It would take 6 guys to empty it that fast. (2 tents 6 backpack and 5 guns on the ground). It was set up 3 dayz ago.

FML !!!

Zombies are completly broken in 0.48. They are running in random directions ignoring the fact that they are being hit by bullet. Sometimes they dissapear after being killed. Some of them doesn't seem to react when you shoot them.

Zombies are completly broken in 0.48. They are running in random directions ignoring the fact that they are being hit by bullet. Sometimes they dissapear after being killed. Some of them doesn't seem to react when you shoot them.

Experienced this also.

OMG , this stupid game sometimes 

I had two tents , full of loot. they are both gone , in 20 min. Pretty sure they just disapear. It would take 6 guys to empty it that fast. (2 tents 6 backpack and 5 guns on the ground). It was set up 3 dayz ago.

FML !!!

Items are still not persistend Mallette, at least tents. 

Btw, doest weapon cleaner work? I haven't used it in a months

I thought persistence is on on "official" servers? You set them up three days ago and then left for 20 minutes and they were gone, so some kind of persistance seems to work. Maybe there is some problem with the lifetime of tents? Were they set up at the same time or was one set up maybe a day later?