boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

So I've been trying to find crashed helis and so far found none.

If you look at the map below I've been searching on al the indicated crash sites around Lopatino but saw none.

Are the sites listed in this map the general places where crashed helis could spawn or is the map outdated?

http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html#c=44;-68;3

I found one but on a persistent server. This map looks up to date.

Edited by Karakoz

So I've been trying to find crashed helis and so far found none.

If you look at the map below I've been searching on al the indicated crash sites around Lopatino but saw none.

Are the sites listed in this map the general places where crashed helis could spawn or is the map outdated?

http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html#c=44;-68;3

Theres three easy routes to find them:

Don't worry about the ones out of your way, its about checking as many as you can in the shortest period

Pick a route you like and learn off by heart. I'd recommend the middle route around zeno, its lower risk.

Each run takes 10 minutes. if you don't find anything, hop yourself onto a another server and backtrack the route. Rinse and repeat. 100% you'll find one within 30mins

There are 45 sites, 3 spawn each restart, so if you're checking 15 of them with any route there's statistically good chance of finding one each time.

ANother tip is do it at restarts too, so when you find one it wont already be looted.

routes.jpg

• Like 3

Theres three easy routes to find them:

Don't worry about the ones out of your way, its about checking as many as you can in the shortest period

Pick a route you like and learn off by heart. I'd recommend the middle route around zeno, its lower risk.

Each run takes 10 minutes. if you don't find anything, hop yourself onto a another server and backtrack the route. Rinse and repeat. 100% you'll find one within 30mins

There are 45 sites, 3 spawn each restart, so if you're checking 15 of them with any route there's statistically good chance of finding one each time.

ANother tip is do it at restarts too, so when you find one it wont already be looted.

routes.jpg

ok thx for your suggestions, will give it a go,

So my persistent server was down for more than 3 days. It went back online today, but my 2 tents disappeared.

I put my 2 tents on a persistent server, but the server has been down for 2 days. Sometimes it comes back online, but you can't join it.

This is the kind of thing I worry about. I haven't found a tent yet anyway, but I'm paranoid that the server I do ultimately choose will have issues. Perfect example: I keep a short list of Favorites, and recently one of them became password-protected despite having an official-sounding name.

It's actually a bug. The servers with persistence enabled are locking up. I posted about it on reddit and Eugene noticed the thread. He's got on it pronto and said they should be coming back up soon.

Linky

This is just postulation, but the wipe may be due to the clearing of whatever bug may have caused the server hangs. Some kind of bug in the persistence code, that had "infected" the persistence items by association. Since the problem has been rectified, the 'bugged' items may have been wiped by-proxy.

Something is very wrong with loot and character resets in this patch. Last night I've lost my character twice (didn't have much on me anyway, was a newspawn) - once was after joining the same server after it restarted, once was joining a different server for reasons I don't recall. Both were servers without persistence enabled.

Today I've logged on another (non-persistence) server with my friend, our characters were gone yet again. We tried to find some loot, but everywhere we would look, there was nothing. And I don't mean nothing useful, I mean nothing. As in, not even a book or a gas stove. So we decided that maybe something was wrong with the server, we disconnected and tried another.

Suddenly, there were our characters from last night again, exactly where we left them.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening here but it seems utterly random and not intended.

Im guessing you guys probably joined an experimental server by mistake. I have a toon on experimental and there is very little loot to be had. I checked all the rooms in the tower in Novo and there was hardly anything in it. A few books, chemlights, and portable stoves. NO clothes, weapons, or food. I searched all the buildings around the tower and I think I found 1 can of food. That's it.

any server with persistance enabled is a death trap for your character , dont even bother going into them ,, this last patch broke this game horribly , character resets over n over , melee is near impossible , taking damage from a dead zombie as it slides across the grass after its dead like its on ice ,, shooting a zombie in the head , knowing its dead , but it keeps running off into the sunset through walls .... seems to me that this sort of thing is whats know in the JIRA world as a show stopper and this patch should of been rolled back until it could be tested , worked out and implemented properly

Edited by Yano

I would pay good money for a SINGLE hardcore/1st person persistent server. There are absolutely none.

3rd person..bleh. Looking over walls without physically doing so is a joke. Reminds me of the no-clip cheats of the past. I guess they will be implemented Soon™.

No kidding. I've been playing on sparsely populated experimental first person servers. :(

The idea of global loot spawn is interesting. But still need to be worked:

First of all: Been on 5 crash sites, no helicopter

Then, visited many civilian towns and miltary base: No sporter rounds

Visited 3 times balota and 2 times NW airfield:

Day 1, NW airfield:

12 AKM Mags

4 AK 101 Mags

5 AKM 75 round mag

(3 akm rounds were empty)

1 CR 75 Mag

few sks/akm rouds

few 5.56 rounds

no weapons

A dropped SKS

Day 2: NW Airfield

9 AKM mags

4 AK 101 mags

4 AKM 75 rounds mag

1 Amphibia Mag

1 Magnum Speedloader

few 5.56 rounds

(1 akm round were empty)

few sks/akm rouds

No weapons

A dropped blaze

Day 3 Balota

7 AKM mags

3 AK 101 mags

2 AKM 75 rounds mag

1 CR 75 Mag

1 box round magnum

1 box shotgun rounds

1 sks/akm round box

few sks/akm rouds

few shotgun rounds

1 box 45 rounds

Found a CR 75

Day 4 Balota

10 AKM mags

4 AK 101 mags

4 AKM 75 rounds mag

2 Box magnum rounds

1 box shotgun rounds

few shotgun rounds

2 sks/akm round box

few sks/akm rouds

1 box .380 rounds

1 box 5.56 rounds

few 5.56 rounds

1 SKS Dropped by someone

Found 2 Makarov

Found a CR 75

Where are the FNX?

Fnx mags?

Sporter mags? Neither on civilian loots, i've found only 2 on 2 different days on police stations.

I didn't reported clothes and food! Just weapons and mags

Good joob Dean. Is it your plan to make people run with the magazines ready in the backpack awaiting for looting an AK?

If people before were not sure to pick up an AK because of not magazine, now on the contrary they keep the magazine in the waiting of loot an AK.

This is not balance, this is crappy.

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

So my persistent server was down for more than 3 days. It went back online today, but my 2 tents disappeared.

same for us, we put 3 tents into a deep forrest. put all our stuff in and went away to loot again. 2 days later all our 3 tents disappeared. thats some kind of shit! was work for about 5 hours.

so tents are useless as fuck!

Edited by newguyzombie

Guys, where are the sporter 30 rounds mags? Police stations and what civilian buildings?

Even if all servers inkl. the private rented ones will get persistence, some or probably many(?) admins could just reset the servers to let tons of loot (re)spawn again for their buddys. And then all pitched tents and stashed backpacks there are gone anyway.

I would not pitch a single tent until private hive servers are available. Imo that huge blue civilian tent is anyway poor to hide. We need smaller green tents, maybe some rare with camo or at least olive color. As soon as vehicles like bicycles out there most of these big tents wouldn't survive longer that 1-2 days on a populated server.

If you played the dayz mod for a long time (1000-2000 hours), then you know exactly how easy it was to spot even the little camo tents and that only tents which were glitched into rocks and buildings were safe for many weeks. The stashes made from sandbags were even better safe, no single stash I made was ever found by a player. 

Edited by Sharplooter

::Feedback for 0.48 and beyond::

1. FLASHBANG didn't do shit.. and yes I pulled the pin. Anyone got them working?
  2. The ripped up burlapsack in the MosinWrap should be the same colour as the burlap sack it self. 
  3. Make the gun wraps paintable. 
  4. Where are the Smears(or whatever it's called) vest, I've found the backpack 7+ times now but no west. 
  5. FNX only on chopper crashes now? Only place I've found it so far. 
  6. Had a sawed off Mosin in my backpack, next time I spawned in my medkit and protector case were gone from the backpack. 
  7. Drum mags disappears if there is no room for it when reloading to a smaller magazine.
  8. Zombies still have the best sight on the planet. 
  9. Confusing to have different bandanas since you can only untie a few. 
  10. I have an AK why would I ever pick up an M4 from a chopper crash? 
  11. MP5 quite under powered for how rare it is. 
  12. Let me drop my axe for a second fullsize weapon, please?! ^^ 
  13. Turning the light on and off on a gun should be done with a hotkey if it's equipped, your hand is right next to the switch. 
  14. One of the woodfloor tents in the camp at NW airfield is stuck so low in the ground that you need to crouch to get in. 
  15. Can't shot through barrack windows.
  16. White line around the image used when zoomed in with the PSO1 scope. 
  • Like 4

I haven't seen a picture of it here, but this is what you get when you liberally apply a hacksaw blade to a Mosin Nagant. It fits in your backpack! Also, this is my first post here on the site, so if I should use a different type of link or anything, please let me know. Thanks!

fZmdbQB.jpg?1

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

::Feedback for 0.48 and beyond::

1. FLASHBANG didn't do shit.. and yes I pulled the pin. Anyone got them working?

throw the flashbang direct in front of you. 

Equipped mosin with a long range scope, crouched, took aim, pressed zoom, pressed steady aim.

My character proceeds to throw the weapon.

Pick up mosin, repeat the ritual. Character throws the weapon.

Stood up, repeat, nothing. Was able to take a shot.

Edited by Exorade

Disconnecting every 15-20 minutes. The server that this happens on is all and it is consistent since patch. 

Game is generally unplayable due to this as it sends me into water, or it is death when it happens in a fire fight.

Edited by bishopomega

I had clothes on the floor, a backpack with a UK vest inside, and a AK100. I joined back 12 hours later. I found backpack without assault vest, and AK101, the clothes had disappeared.

I had clothes on the floor, a backpack with a UK vest inside, and a AK100. I joined back 12 hours later. I found backpack without assault vest, and AK101, the clothes had disappeared.

Someone probably found your stash and took them.

Impossible, he would have dropped something on the ground.

Edited by Karakoz