Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Happens sometimes. The work week gets in the way, early meetings, late meetings, (damn globalization) and last night was dart night, steel tip btw. By the time I get home and pour a cocktail, find some food, flip some channels, debrief with the wife, it's bedtime.  Rinse and repeat until Friday... Oh and guess what tomorrow is, FRIDAY!

huh real quiet in the forums today...  :|

Edited by Super_Duty

So let me try to get this straight experimental was ported to stable right? if that's the case then whats the point of playing experimental if stable is the same? besides conserving your stable character  or is there some difference that im missing here?

It happens occasionally that they are both on the same version.  At that point there really is no other advantage that you are missing.  Both my Stable guys have gear I don't want to risk just yet - until they get persistence down, and I am convinced that the chopper crashes really are happening :D  So, yeah, it usually doesn't last longer than a week, but right now you can play any of the four without having to go through downloads.

Z

• Like 1

It happens occasionally that they are both on the same version.  At that point there really is no other advantage that you are missing.  Both my Stable guys have gear I don't want to risk just yet - until they get persistence down, and I am convinced that the chopper crashes really are happening :D  So, yeah, it usually doesn't last longer than a week, but right now you can play any of the four without having to go through downloads.

Z

Good to know thanks and i finally found a crash site in experimental :D  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300181102

• Like 1

huh real quiet in the forums today...  :|

I guess everyone is starving and running from zeds  ;) ... You get really busy if 7 of them are chasing you as a freshy. I'd have liked to post something new I found but there is almost nothing. Starvation simulator 2014 at its best. I managed to get to the new towns in the north (where the soccer field is) but there wasn't any mentionable stuff.

Oh.. I tested my new rig and captured a deer smashing its head at an birch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgN8qm3Nt4

Aaaaand - after a few hours my frames dropped from 60 avg to about 20-24. There seems to be a memory leak problem, since the game was using about 2.4 GB of memory when I was in the main menu after playing...

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1

thank you dayZ for using my idea!!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/184492-idea-regarding-dayz/

my idea:

crafting arrows example:
1. you cut down a tree, it gives you 4 pieces of wood
2. you have a bayonet/hunting knife/kitchen knife
3. you drag the knife over the logs, to get the option 'turn into sticks'
4 once you have sticks, you can drag the knife over them to make sharp sticks/arrows
5. collect feathers/hair etc. to attach to the pointed stick

Changelog:

Crafting: You can sharpen wooden sticks
Crafting: You can combine sharpened sticks and feather to create a primitive arrow

Crafting: Preparing chicken will now also give you some chicken feathers

thank you very very much!! my contribution is completed :D

you're welcome Dayz Community

greetings,

Private Tigermonk

Come down dear, those are all ideas from project zomboid.

So I'm finding an absurd amount of portable stoves and weapon repair kits. I even found a spot where a guy had just set up like 6 stoves and left them to burn in a shed because why not? The latter could actually be very useful if more guns spawned in less than pristine condition (why isn't this already a feature?). Chemlights too but those could conceivably have a use with night (and a night were everyone didn't just gamma cheat).

• Like 1

Pretty much a running joke with the wife, there's always a walmart sale on select items of the day.  She now asks what the item of the day is, sometimes rope, sometimes knives, you just never know.

So I'm finding an absurd amount of portable stoves and weapon repair kits. I even found a spot where a guy had just set up like 6 stoves and left them to burn in a shed because why not? The latter could actually be very useful if more guns spawned in less than pristine condition (why isn't this already a feature?). Chemlights too but those could conceivably have a use with night (and a night were everyone didn't just gamma cheat).

• Like 3

Don't forget the books and flashlights. Found so many of them I could open a book and flashlight store.  :huh:

• Like 1

Come down dear, those are all ideas from project zomboid.

lol bit of a coincidence don't you think.. the exact same things I write down in april! YES april! and now their doing exactly the same.. proof to me that zomboid had this planned before I made that post...

link/forum post/reddit bring it..

if you can't proof anything then I have the right to my post and you just need to shut your hole kid 

Lootrespawn - so much win ^^

What the.....

Just wow... But then try to find one, just one single bandage, bandana, T-Shirt, Can of food etc. - not happening.

• Like 1

Just wow... But then try to find one, just one single bandage, bandana, T-Shirt, Can of food etc. - not happening.

I chalk this up to being the low number of experimental servers out there.  I was having the same problem on experimental but played on a stable server with persistent loot yesterday and loot was everywhere you'd expect plus more.  I found a small house in a town that had four pristine produce and five cans of food.

• Like 1

Maybe it's time to switch back to stable again for a while. I have come to really, really like experimental, but hey, everyone can use a break once in a while :|

I found that the new northern town was a pretty nice "basic supplies" destination on my experimental server. Maybe people just haven't worked it into their routes yet. I'd try that.

Dont know if someone post it already somewhere but yesterday I found out that you can craft a "leather sack" (20 Slots) just with a deer pelt + hack saw. You don't need a rope.

• Like 1

Dont know if someone post it already somewhere but yesterday I found out that you can craft a "leather sack" (20 Slots) just with a deer pelt + hack saw. You don't need a rope.

Works with knife of machete, too. Hm. Did anyone try skinning animals with a hacksaw?

Is it upgradable with sticks?

Is it upgradable with sticks?

I think you need sticks and rope to upgrade

I am actually doing pretty good.  My 1st person is fully geared up and my 3rd person is finally making some headway in that direction after having had some trouble getting started.  Been too busy playing or working to come here.

At a server restart warning I logged out on some stairs, when I came back in I took a step my legs broke.   So, don't log out while standing on stairs.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I really love the new villages in the northwest, they just... feel right. Though it does feel eerily safe up there right now with very little traffic and no zombies. I also found my first crashed heli up there and went from 1 bullet in my CR527 mag to 5 and 30 to spare. I also took a bunch of 5.56 mags and hid them various places, nobody who uses those is up to any good. As far as loot in general if you're in the northeast mostly you're going to find portable stoves, weapon repair kits and chemlights so you'll have to scrounge hard to less frequented buildings to get going. Alternately, just head west and soon you'll start finding places with abundance and nice new options.

I'm still trying to find a damn chicken so I can craft arrows. Now that my 1st person dude is looking mighty fine with his trendy coat and cap, I'm going to try and have fun with the bow on 3rd person.

Has anyone found any crash sites in stable? cause i found 2 in experimental but iv been looking around everywhere on stable and i found nothing.  <_<

Lootrespawn - so much win ^^

yw7D1vT.jpg

Why do you make ur game look so bad by having brightness and gamma turned up?

• Like 1

Has anyone found any crash sites in stable? cause i found 2 in experimental but iv been looking around everywhere on stable and i found nothing.  <_<

I found 2.

One in the middle of NW airfield and one about 2 clicks east of it. Nothing really special except one had pristine ACOG and the other a hand grenade.