Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

So apparently when you break down a improvised backpack you lose the rope. Now all my shit's in the middle of nowhere, lol. I was attempting to see if the improvised leather backpack worked properly now.

Edit: Found a rope nearby. Leather courier bags and improvised leather backpacks can now be crafted and function properly.

You mean with anything other than a boar pelt? Because it has been working since 0.47, but only for the boar, and the rabbit, cow and deer pelts were useless... Good to know we can craft it more easily now. I liked looking for boars to craft the improvised leather backpack, but passing by 4 deers and 0 boars was frustrating! :D

SMERSH Vest

Smersh vest confirmed found.  (Thanks to h0nkX for sharing screenshot.)

WeFsqcd.jpg

• Like 1

melee is still really really bad.

zombies are bad. (punched a monkey zombie he fell thru ground then appeared as a stump 2 foot tall body and legs unable to move. looked hilarious)

random spawns must be back

1st spawn tulga,

2nd spawn, between electro and balota.

still random zombie and ammo sounds from wild life. 

but hey.

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

Nothing new though

Eugene said if internal testers don't find any serious bugs it's going to stable, and these have been in for awhile now unless there's undiscovered bugs the only thing I see holding back the release is that canteen bug which is still unlikely

but hey.

But hey, new locations, new items, new crafting stuff, new gun ( sawn-off mosin ), heli crash sites back in ( M4 owners will do a dance about that ), loot respawn now working properly, zombies actually collide with the environment ( so no wall-clipping anymore, tho they seem to ignore movable objects such as doors ) etc.

Concerning the random sounds: They said many times that this is an issue being adressed late into the development. No need to mention on every update.

Exp, feels like this is the "real" 0.48 update now, so beans to the devs from my side.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Smersh vest confirmed found.  (Thanks to h0nkX for sharing screenshot.)

WeFsqcd.jpg

Where did you find it? i have only found the smersh backpack can anyone else confirm that you can attach the back pack to the vest?

video game developers will go out to real places and take tones of pictures and use them in games latter. 

What do they do with the tones of pictures? I've never heard of this toning process before.

snip

If Obrez was that easy to implement kinda makes me wonder why they still haven't made that sawn off blaze.

Edited by Exorade

Hmmm was a interesting first run in the new patch. For the first time i got the bug of spawning in my undies completely fed and watered( well unless thats a usual start now lol) i spawned just outside of vybor.

Found plenty of mid level loot but sadly not 1 pair of shoes and when i had no shoes to start that was a pain lol. A run of NWAF produced a reasonable haul of goodies even though it seemed to have been looted due to the doors all being open.

Seemed to run smooth though and it looks like i gained a couple frames nothing major ( except for when looking at ground or sky i use to get 220 to 250 fps was shocked when i slipped with mouse looked at the sky and my frames hit 350!!)

Where did you find it? i have only found the smersh backpack can anyone else confirm that you can attach the back pack to the vest?

Forum member h0nkX shared the screenshot, sorry I don't know where he found it.

how does that change anything tho? you still know the millitary buildings and airfields, along with piano houses and police stations are all going to spawn the good stuff no matter what.

lol that was pages back and you're still going on about it? time to let go dude

What do they do with the tones of pictures? I've never heard of this toning process before.

So they missed an n out of tonnes, not hard to work it out really is it?

So they missed an n out of tonnes, not hard to work it out really is it?

It's easier to point out so that next time the person misspells something, they'll fix it.

Besides, it's "tons of shit" not "tonnes of shit".

Edited by Exorade

It's easier to point out so that next time the person misspells something, they'll fix it.

Besides, it's "tons of shit" not "tonnes of shit".

thats it, I'm ton. Like 100% ton

So far had some sessions lost which I hardly ever experience.

We lost the row of garages NE Gvozdno, there is an apartment building there now and quite some buildings in the area.

Edit: turns out to be the new town "under construction", gonna be a big one again. I guess North is gonna see some more players in the future...

acvfxu.jpg

Edited by SAK

guys! u maybe already know what i wanna know!!!!!

SO ITS BASICALLY 1 QUESTION:

DO HELI CRASH SITES SPAWN AGAIN IN THE CURRENT EXP ITERATION ?

lol that was pages back and you're still going on about it? time to let go dude

didn't know how many pages back it was.... and only responded when responded to, will be happy to let it go good sir!.

guys! u maybe already know what i wanna know!!!!!

SO ITS BASICALLY 1 QUESTION:

DO HELI CRASH SITES SPAWN AGAIN IN THE CURRENT EXP ITERATION ?

Yes. Came upon one at Balota.

• Like 1

No food.

Check out the new towns (no, seriously). They had tons of loot when I was looking last night. I managed to find a good bit of loot in Severograd as well, despite being shot at several times :p

Check out the new towns (no, seriously). They had tons of loot when I was looking last night. I managed to find a good bit of loot in Severograd as well, despite being shot at several times :P

Just went throught "Under Construction" found only 1 Zuccini from food.

Also if you try and store items inside a vest/clothing inside your backpack and hotbar them so you can quickly access them it wont work ;)

Works for me, even though it should not (tested 1911).

Ok, played on, all in all probably 2,5h. I found several pistols in a prison, one P1 mag in a piano house. Otherwise only a CZ5xx and a Sporter, fo other rifles. Checked quite a few civ buildings, two police stations, four firestations and one prison. The guns were exclusivly in firestations and the prison, only the Sporter in a long brown. So many pistols, no fitting mags :).

Zeds - are there fewer ones, especially in big cities? I have WAY LESS trouble hitting them now. A army zed actually took 2 hits to the upper body with my fireaxe, so I guess they have more blood.

Generally, this build seems to be running really smooth on my build (i5 2400, HD5770), maybe the smoothest yet. Well, if that one crash yesterday at the beginning was a fluke...

It will be interesting where the loot end-state will be in a few days on this build. As long as the starting loot and the end-state differ too much, I don't think it should be pushed to stable. Currently food and clothes are quite common and no problem to aquire for me.

Just went throught "Under Construction" found only 1 Zuccini from food.

Electro and Cherno were full of food for me, maybe because it was night here after the update and the servers are still somewhat unlooted...let's see how this loot situation develops.

• Like 1

looks like glitch with apples doesnt work anymore

Ehh you sure? Just glitched the berries, because I was starving been walking for an hour into the inland but nothing to find except a canteen, a rucksack for children and a cap.