Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

i always hear the shots wen i am in the big town or close to airport sometime is one shot so is probly one person kill zombie sometime is 2 or 3 gun full auto then i realis is bandit clan doing murder so i go safer place like a bush or in the house always prone stay vary quiet no move and WAIT SEE WHAT IS HAPPEN sometime they going away sometime i hear many voice and i felt afraid but most time i dont hear nothin more so i do crouch walk to the forest looking always my back

best signature ever! I am rofling every time i see it in a thread :)

clear storyline, expressive text and drawing and even a moral lesson (of some sort)

10/10 points

well done ^^

Edited by robophant

Would it be possible for someone to look in to getting DayZ US Southwest 0-5 (Experimental/Testing) back to being functional?  It's looks like it's stuck in a reboot-loop.  There's only two Southwest 1st/3rd Person View servers and only DayZ US Southwest 0-1 (Experimental/Testing) seems to be be working.  It always packed at 40/40.

Other than my own, I havn't heard gun shots in ages. Do you guys think this is due to audio issues or are people just not shooting as much anymore? Is ammo harder to find? With all those pics that people post of their tricked out guns you would think you would hear them being fired at least once in a while. Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about where you can only fire a gun off in The Bear? Come to think of it, I haven't even heard shots there in a long time.

I'd like to hear more distant gun shots. The world is just too silent.

Your not hearing the audio because there isn't any audio to hear more now than before. Its been an on-going bug since January.

Just as a little update, in 0.49 the other day I heard and became aware of another player the other day by hearing a gunshot so it's working at least some of the time.

I heard a shotgun blast in novo last night.. its sounded about 100-200 meters away...however this is 49 now perhaps they fixed ? there wasn't anything in the patch notes that I noticed that addressed it

If you do not own a microphone, you should not be allowed to communicate with a text box in DayZ.

You play on a computer that is worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars. If you play a multiplayer only game like DayZ without having a ten dollar headset...you deserve to be shot on sight.

I kill mutes without question and advise anybody to do the same. If you don't communicate with me as a player, you're nothing but an NPC

And NPC's don't have souls. 

• Like 1

I really hope we see some fixed to sound, I got filled with bullets yesterday, and heard nothing.

Here we are on a weekend with almost all of the US Third Person Experimental servers in a constant Reboot-Loop, with many of the US First Person Experimental servers not far behind.   Is there any word on how these servers will be addressed?

Edited by Shinjuru

Hopefully soon since the Euro and Asian servers seem to have gotten some love.

Hi guys,

Anyone else not able to log into this server?

For the last 18 hours or so it's been "stuck" at 14:51 and with the same 13/40 players in the server.

Hrrmm????

Piles of regular servers are in the same boat.

This is something I wish gets fixed soon.. sometimes the shots are heard, sometimes not.  Some buddies and I did some testing with it a few days ago.  Positioning ourselves at different angles and distances from the person who is shooting to see if we can find where the issues lies.  It was a bit tough.  Seems that some weapons, and depending on the angle you are oriented to the person shooting effects whether you are going to hear the shot or not.  No matter how close you are to the shooter.  We even tested being above and below the shooter to check.. Was hard to duplicate the bug at times, and other times, worked everytime.  After all this, still did not have a definite answer as to where, or how, your position to the shooter relates to whether you are going to hear the shot or not.  It was just too random..   Oh well.  :)

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm quite sure 8 is a bit of an exaggeration. =)

I dream of the day I can be attacked by 8 at once. Can't happen though, as they all have to take a number and get in line. =( 

have you gone into a town and shot anything recently? i have been mobbed by 6-7 quite often, and when i dispatch them, i see them spawn in about 400 meters away, and come back for seconds. good target practice, until they get to close, then it is just a pain in the arse.

Got kicked out of server for using text in direct chat. ''Violation of group chat rules'' Are you fucking kidding me? Now i cant even join back.

LAME.

• Like 1

Got kicked out of server for using text in direct chat. ''Violation of group chat rules'' Are you fucking kidding me? Now i cant even join back.

LAME.

Yeah.. i notice that too, 7 battleye warnings for using global chat and you out... that is an interesting "cheat" you have there BI. You should also give people "warnings" every time they type something in the forums.

Honestly.. i don't know who comes with all this "Brilliant ideas" about how to fuck the community in lots of different ways... But... next time you use Facebook or Twitter... think about what you doing.

Honestly.. i don't know who comes with all this "Brilliant ideas" about how to fuck the community in lots of different ways... But... next time you use Facebook or Twitter... think about what you doing.

Only problem with that is i don't think anybody thinks at all  :facepalm:

Way off-topic, but, In reference to what?

The problem is that they "think" that they been innovative and unique...but it always ends up the same way, people just finds another game where "typing" isn't a crime.

Edited by Cpanther

Way off-topic, but, In reference to what?

Community discrimination.. that's what...If you are 12 years old BUT you have a Mic you can play no problem, but if you have a family or a disability and don't want to, or can't use a Mic, you may get a Battleye ban for not being part of the "superior" race.

Community discrimination.. that's what...If you are 12 years old BUT you have a Mic you can play no problem, but if you have a family or a disability and don't want to, or can't use a Mic, you may get a Battleye ban for not being part of the "superior" race.

Don't you think you're just 'slightly' overreacting. It's just a game ffs.

i second that facepalm :facepalm:

Edited by robophant

If it is "just" a game... why give a shit if people use a mic or not ? I don't think i am the one that is "overreacting". :rolleyes:

• Like 1

For ppl who are deaf-mute for instance typing is the only way to communicate, so its probably NOT an exaggeration if he calls that a discrimination.

If I am honest I used typing in DayZ Mod a lot and liked it very much. And I am sure that the activated Side/Global Channels were one of the main reasons why Private Hive Servers became so popular and favored besides other advantages like no ghosting/no loot transfer or less duping because of admins monitoring.

I don't see any reasonable cause to limit the direct chat atm except if it leads to network problems/more lags.

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

If you do not own a microphone, you should not be allowed to communicate with a text box in DayZ.

You play on a computer that is worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars. If you play a multiplayer only game like DayZ without having a ten dollar headset...you deserve to be shot on sight.

I kill mutes without question and advise anybody to do the same. If you don't communicate with me as a player, you're nothing but an NPC

And NPC's don't have souls. 

You're stupid. Not everyone is available to speak at any desired moment. People might not be alone. People might not speak fluent English. People might just not be confident enough or used to speaking via mic with strangers. There's many possibilities. Removing text-chat is just another way to promote PVP and kill teamwork.

• Like 1