Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Yeah, but apparently not too favorable based on popular opinion. Oh well.  At least I got the "C" key set for crouch...lol.  

Hey i guess those bindings make sense for a person who types alot but for those who type less the wasd seems to suit as its the edge and thus easier to find with the fingers due to the longer tab ,caps keys next to it so can go by feel. Also it leaves the hand closer to the 12345 keys which i am betting most people bind in there tool bar with there most usefull items ( weapons etc) that and it has the little finger resting at the shift key ( so i guess all round the standard wasd is better hence why it became the standard)

But as they say use what works for you :thumbsup:

What I seriously dislike is the 'F' key as alt reload for assault rifles. If you don't have 4 open slots in your inventory and hit f to open a door but it reloads your AKM instead. Well, kiss the 75 rnd magazine goodbye.

I finally found a heli crash. I was beginning to think you were all suffering from some form of mass psychosis. Still have not found a tent.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I have mouse 5 mapped to use/open doors, etc. but I've still managed to loose (poof/disappear/gone for ever) several 75rnd drum-mags when not having enough empty inventory slots open.  Not sure, but I think it's a bug.  Congrats on the helo find btw!    

What I seriously dislike is the 'F' key as alt reload for assault rifles. If you don't have 4 open slots in your inventory and hit f to open a door but it reloads your AKM instead. Well, kiss the 75 rnd magazine goodbye.

I finally found a heli crash. I was beginning to think you were all suffering from some form of mass psychosis. Still have not found a tent.

Yeah, i dunno, just feels natural to me now having used the same setup since FPS's were invented pretty much.  There was a game demo released a year or so ago that had hard coded WASD.  Trying to play was like attempting to throw left handed for the very first time after being a righty all your life.  It was so ugly, I might just as well had a lobotomy and sat there drooling all over myself.

Hey i guess those bindings make sense for a person who types alot but for those who type less the wasd seems to suit as its the edge and thus easier to find with the fingers due to the longer tab ,caps keys next to it so can go by feel. Also it leaves the hand closer to the 12345 keys which i am betting most people bind in there tool bar with there most usefull items ( weapons etc) that and it has the little finger resting at the shift key ( so i guess all round the standard wasd is better hence why it became the standard)

But as they say use what works for you :thumbsup:

I'm not using the default key setup and when i access my inventory my character stops running and cannot move again till the inventory is closed. I submitted a bug report months ago and it was aknowledged, but no fix as of yet.

• Like 1

So sitting here in my man cave, aka, the basement and on top of the in game sound effects I have two crickets hanging out with me just making a hell of a ruckus!  Sound all too surreal to be honest! lmao!

I'm not using the default key setup and when i access my inventory my character stops running and cannot move again till the inventory is closed. I submitted a bug report months ago and it was aknowledged, but no fix as of yet.

Do it when sprinting (bind fast forward).

I smell Experimental update..

Details man, give me details. Or is this sense just sorcery?

Yup, does this for shotguns and pistols as well. It should not be tied to the same button.

Yup, does this for shotguns and pistols as well. It should not be tied to the same button.

Can't you just delete the alt bind? This does sound like it could be frustrating.

Can't you just delete the alt bind? This does sound like it could be frustrating.

I don't believe so since I think F just brings up the action menu of available actions. The main problem is that it defaults to reload weapon instead of open door on the menu

I don't believe so since I think F just brings up the action menu of available actions. The main problem is that it defaults to reload weapon instead of open door on the menu

Ahh, right, I see. I so rarely have multiple mags, it just hasn't come up.

It must be able to be cleared.  My "F" key is bound for forward and double tap for run.  I don't seem to have any issues with multiple mags. in my inventory.  Only with the damn drum-mag. when not enough sluts are available.

Ahh, right, I see. I so rarely have multiple mags, it just hasn't come up.

It must be able to be cleared.  My "F" key is bound for forward and double tap for run.  I don't seem to have any issues with multiple mags. in my inventory.  Only with the damn drum-mag. when not enough sluts are available.

I mean the binds itself can be cleared away from F, yeah...but any button you bind the action menu to, is going to do the same thing.

Well...somebody has to carry your gear, ya know!

Theres always enough sluts, you just gotta pay!

Can't wait for maintenance to see if there's a new patch inbound but for some reason it seems like we won't get a patch today/tonight .... Maybe I've smoked too much :( !

LOL, at least since one week the EXP are almost empty (0 to 5 players in average), but 30 mins ago they nearly explode. I suppose the maintenance made some players to consider playing at EXP servers again :D 

• Like 1

LOL, at least since one week the EXP are almost empty (0 to 5 players in average), but 30 mins ago they nearly explode. I suppose the maintenance made some players to consider playing at EXP servers again :D

Holy Cow!  Man you are so right.  Sux too, servers are just gonna get raped.

Edited by Barnabus

Since 0.48 is out, I play only on EXP servers with its little loot. Cause its absurd how much tons of loot are on stable 0.48 servers. Everybody runs around with AK(M), haha thats not what I call an (post)apocalypse. 

Edited by Sharplooter

Since 0.48 is out, I play only on EXP servers with its little loot. Cause its absurd how much tons of loot are on stable 0.48 servers. Everybody runs around with AK(M), haha thats not what I call an (post)apocalypse. 

thats maybe because of duping.

So ive got a silly question, On steam i can select Expermental under the beta tab of Dayz, But it asks for a Beta code and i dont know where to find mine.

So ive got a silly question, On steam i can select Expermental under the beta tab of Dayz, But it asks for a Beta code and i dont know where to find mine.

Doesnt need one. Your good to go without it.