svisketyggeren

New map in the future?...whats the rumours?

I'd love to see a US small towns / farming area, complete with gas station. Every zombie film has a gas station in it (which usually blows up), so DayZ USA map needs gas stations.

A ruined New York would be amazing though, however I can imagine that the resources and time needed to create such a map would be huge.

Just want to point out, that making a new map, in great detail takes a VERY long time.

So if we eventually do get the ability to create new maps, dont expect anything good to come out of the community for at least a year.

Many of the best maps for Arma have taken more then a year to create :)

I'd love to see a US small towns / farming area, complete with gas station. Every zombie film has a gas station in it (which usually blows up), so DayZ USA map needs gas stations.

A ruined New York would be amazing though, however I can imagine that the resources and time needed to create such a map would be huge.

I'm from central Pennsylvania and believe me when I say that, particularly right now (Autumn), Chernarus (aka the Czech Republic) looks EXACTLY like where I live. I basically live in Chernarus, just with way more urbanization. You wouldn't be getting any variety in the game by making a map from anywhere on the East Coast :p

Edited by Tatanko

Just wondered on the possibility of new maps in the future and whether they could be delivered by modders or if they would have to be DLC?

I think it would be cool to see a London or USA map, maybe New York City, though the work there would be massive for all the buildings etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

I believe that they have said that paid-for DLCs are a no-no, because they don't want to 'fracture' the community into different sections that can't play together because of owning different content.

Mods are another thing entirely, though.

I believe that they have said that paid-for DLCs are a no-no, because they don't want to 'fracture' the community into different sections that can't play together because of owning different content.

Mods are another thing entirely, though.

I don't see what's bad about that to be honest it's not like everybody would stop playing the original map.

I don't care if it's arcadey I'd love it if they made some kind of island where everyone just kills each other. Whenever I want to PVP right now I pretty much never find people unless it's at an airfield and getting sniped at isn't exciting nor is sitting around waiting to snipe.

Plus that would take away some of the people who want to do that from the original map maybe it'd be less of a boring deathmatch since there's a genuine deathmatch for them.

As well as a "hardcore" landscape with like no guns, somewhere in Britain would be cool we don't have all that many guns it's just like farmers, hunters and skeet shooters that have actual guns most others have air rifles.

I'd love to have a map in a pseudo Scottish area it can be a pretty harsh terrain with all the hills, marshes etc and there's not many convenient apple trees etc to live off of you'd have to rely on hunting with bows, air rifles and traps. Or fishing.

That'd be great fun instead of cities and towns small villages and cabins with not all that much loot.

Of course currently you can just use a bow to hunt and not bother with guns...but just pretending you have to isn't nearly as fun as being forced to in order to survive.

DLC would be great so long as there weren't any DLC exclusive items that would give people huge advantages back in Chernaus, like an epic gun of some sort.

Perhaps when the PS4 version is out they'll be pushed to make content like that since it'll also be competing with H1Z1 on that system.

Mods would be cool but I'd rather buy/download something from Bohemia themselves.

Lingor is all I want for maps. Well, others would be nice too.

But from what I've experienced in the hundreds of hours in the mod and SA, every variant of Chernarus is way too big for the playerbase supported.

Until we see 100+ player servers, it's basically just running about for 30-60 minutes until experiencing player interaction. Which would be alright if there were, you know, zombies around. 'Tis alpha though.

Thing is, I'd play Lingor right now on DayZmod if anyone would bloody host it. Instead everyone hosts Epoch, Overwatch and so on; the 20~some variants of Chernarus, are kind of lame. I don't want traders, starting loadouts, vaults and playerbases that are locked down except to whoever pays2win. So bad. I just want smaller maps or bigger player amounts.

Namalsk, Panthera and some others were great as well. Redoing Chernarus is pointless, thats what Chernarus+ was for in SA.

Edited by bonesnap

Most of the map making tools are available now but they are not for the casual designer and have a rather steep learning curve. How mapmakers will be able to generate nav-meshes hasn't been explained by the devs yet.

I see that my maps are mentioned in this topic and some others.

As a creator of Panthera, Isla Duala, Lingor, Jade Groove and several new maps in the making for Arma 3 only (Balkania, Tonal Reloaded, Abramia, Keystone etc.) I can confirm that none of my maps will be present in Dayz Standalone. I support A3 game only. Thank you.

Edited by IceBreakr
  • Like 2

Lingor is all I want for maps. Well, others would be nice too.

Thanks, glad to see so many fans of Lingor around =) well, the thing is that I won't be doing any maps for Dayz:SA. I focus on Arma 3 work only. But I'm sure some other guys will come up with plenty new stuff. I quit playing Dayz:SA because the map is so boring I could fell asleep while walking around. Maybe that will change with final release (vehicles, added settlements, etc.) but I doubt I will return to this game.

• Like 1

As a creator of Panthera, Isla Duala, Lingor, Jade Groove and several new maps in the making for Arma 3 only (Balkania, Tonal Reloaded, Abramia, Keystone etc.) I can confirm that none of my maps will be present in Dayz Standalone. I support A3 game only. Thank you.

cant wait to try the new A3 maps :)

Interesting. Have you spoken to any of the current a3 mod teams about using your new maps? Particularly interested in sa-matra wasteland or a3 life. And of course, i would just like to say thank you for your hard work!

Well there are lots of new towns and villages in North part of map now. And they look different from old ones on the coast.

I love having more then one computer :D  http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Good Luck!

A second monitor or tablet is sufficient for the online map. Or just pin the official Chernarus map, delivered with the Arma X anniversary editon, next to your screen and mark the Plus-spots on it...

Edited by RogueTrooper

I'd like to get away from this eastern European nonsense, if we get another map eventing wouldn't you want a different region?

Everyone on the forums seems to love hating on military and guns,so take dayz to somewhere with strict gun laws, like Britain.

I'd actually like to see a New Zealandesque map because it's geography is so varied and interesting.

I'd like to get away from this eastern European nonsense

www.rpgcodex.net/forums/smilies/hmmm.png

Edited by surf_polar

The next map is going to take place in Rome shortly after the fall of the Western Empire in 476 AD (the game takes place in 480.)

The vast majority of zombies will wear togas. There's also rarer zombies of senators, Praetorians, a super rare Julius Caesar (says "Et tu, Zombie?" every 3 seconds instead of groaning), a zombified Poseidon (yes, the Greek god), and Generic Male Zombie 04 (aka Jamie Hyneman) still spawns as well. When hordes are added they'll be skeletonized legions.

Western (NATO) Helicopter crashsites are now replaced with ballista crashsites while the Eastern Byzantine (Chernarussian) ones are replaced by horse and trebuchet crash sites. All of them have a very rare chance to spawn crossbows, purple dyes, inkwells, very long pieces of parchment, Benito Mussolini's hat, Reggae CDs, and the M4A1 and Steyr AUG can spawn there as well.

I wouldn't recommend playing on it seriously, though, because any time you try and climb onto an aqueduct you are flung right into the sky and lose all of your gear.

• Like 2

I don't get why people are assuming that any user created maps would be added to the standalone, especially considering most of them weren't even built for the DayZ mod. I mean, yeah, they're great quality but chances are the devs would just make their own map or create a remake of preexisting BIS maps, like Takistan. User created stuff will be for mods, just as they were in ArmA/DayZ Mod.

Though I'll admit playing Keystone (Pennsylvania) in the Standalone sounds horrendously awesome (biased native resident here :D)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here, the game is still in alpha and things take time to be properly made. Many a game has went to hell because the community or the producers demanded too much in too little time and the devs obliged and ended up releasing a half finished game full of bugs and crashes.

Edited by Chzy

Damn!! Sory to hear this. Maybe you change your mind one day.

Thanks, glad to see so many fans of Lingor around =) well, the thing is that I won't be doing any maps for Dayz:SA. I focus on Arma 3 work only. But I'm sure some other guys will come up with plenty new stuff. I quit playing Dayz:SA because the map is so boring I could fell asleep while walking around. Maybe that will change with final release (vehicles, added settlements, etc.) but I doubt I will return to this game.

Sorry if this is unkind , but why are you on the forums if you're never going to play again ? Go make maps for arma 3 bro ;) ...

• Like 1