MatchboxChick

Afraid to go on

Hey - too much gear .. try throwing away some of the stuff you don't need. If you don't like fighting you dont need a ton of fancy guns and heaps of ammo (for a start).. make some space in your pack and go hunt a deer ...

Also remember - you will feel GOOD to find yourself back on the beach with no gear. Then you can do what you like. And as you are going to end up back there anyway, you might as well do what you like now.

• Like 1

Hello there

I too often get "stuck" the same as the OP.

If I dont log on then I know that somewhere in the database my guy is "safe".

It can almost be a Schrodinger's Cat sort of syndrome especially when it comes to server wipes.

But I often find the actual event of character loss, whilst harsh, is often far easier to deal with than the "imagined" event. Its the fear of the unknown which often stops us.

So, whilst i know those feels, my advice is to bite the bullet and get back in game.

Gearing up is half the fun.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

You can actually end up in pain and shaking. I was able to clear that up with painkillers much like in the Mod but a lot less common. It was after a firefight that nearly claimed my life. He had an M4 and I had a magnum. I took a couple shots from him while completely healthy and he took one shot from me and died. I was already energized and hydrated so I started healing immediately but the screen was grey and I was shaky being almost dead. Painkillers cleared up the shaky bit.

Thank you. I have yet to become in pain so I didn't know. I ran out of beans to give or I'd give you some my friend so the mere thank you will have to suffice.

Hey - too much gear .. try throwing away some of the stuff you don't need. If you don't like fighting you dont need a ton of fancy guns and heaps of ammo (for a start).. make some space in your pack and go hunt a deer ...

Also remember - you will feel GOOD to find yourself back on the beach with no gear. Then you can do what you like. And as you are going to end up back there anyway, you might as well do what you like now.

Now that I think about it, when you first got super geared out did you ever wanna die? I think not. I remember my first time I was fully geared out. My friend and I rolled across the NWAF and survived, getting the LRS we were wanting. My friend headed down to Elektro and died, I met him near Balota and he and our other friend went to Balota to gear up while I stayed on the outside, since I was already fully geared and didn't wanna die. I later decided the area was clear and went in a prison with them after they killed a man trying to come up. We started looting the body but someone else came and killed all of us, I shed a couple tears.

• Like 1

op, what you shoudl do now, is head down past chapaevsk to cherno, enter cherno from west side, and move through industrial, through town building,s stopping at cafes, maybe ch3ecking police station area,  then out of town to the east, stop at the construction site near the east coast if you are still alive. then maybe chill out a bit, and go to a quieter town for a walk. then go through a busy town for a walk, etc etc. this is dayz, just trying to stay alive moving through  dangerous place is exciting, right? see if you can make it all the way to novod, and stay alive.

If you're afraid of dying, you're actually playing the game correctly as a survivor.

However if your fear is ruining your experience, you should begin challenging yourself and taking more risks. I really don't mind dying or starting over, but I'm constantly scared of the shock of getting surprise by a gunshot. Respawning brings huge relief, but as soon as I take my first step, I'm right back, where I started, I want to stay alive more than anything. 

• Like 1

If u are lucky u might die by a zombie or another player. Nothing worse then just randomly dying. I just lost very nice gear by just walking into a room.

You can do what I do.  Find a secluded spot deep in the woods or in the attic of a factory and hide there drinking rainwater, too terrified to move until you run out of food and starve.

This happens to me all the time. I get geared up solidly and then I don't want to play anymore. It's not so much because I don't want to re-gear, as I enjoy that part, it is more that I play with friends and doing the, "I think I spawned near X I'll try and grab something and get out of here, where do you want to meet up?"  then spending the next couple hours trying to grab gear while making my way to where my friends are at that stinks.

This happened last night. Got geared up. Had a Mosin, had it spray painted, had a PU scope, had an orange backpack, but a backpack, had the fire axe, had ammo for any sort of pistol I might find, but I was missing ammo for the Mosin. I was making my way to my friend who had spare ammo for me when I ran into a couple people who appeared to be geared up since last thing I heard was multiple M4 shots.

Did I hate losing the gear? Some... Mostly I hated that now I was respawning and had to figure out where I was and get my friends headed in another direction to meet me. 

First, not sure I'd classify you as 'fully geared'. Your rifle's not the best (Moisin/LRS, AKM/PSO, or M4/ACOG, according to personal taste), you don't have binoculars (v handy), and a few other things. I managed to accidentally run off a roof the other day with pretty much everything I wanted loot-wise, my ideal LRRP/recon/camo outfit, and a beautiful green sprayed M4 with every attachment save an ACOG, and over 200 rounds of 5.56. I just sat open mouthed, staring at 'You are dead.' on the screen for ten minutes.

Then I respawned and am now pretty much back to where I was (save the M4, cos crash sites aren't spawing on 0.46 stable... >:() 

There may well come a point where, in an abstract risk/reward sense, it actually makes more sense not to play the game. At that point I usually potter off to look for adventures, or manage do something really stupid. Like run off a roof....

Are you new to the game? I was like this at first. But after a few times gearing up you realize how quick you can gear when you know where to go. And you also realize you don't need most of the stuff you consider "valuable" and will just stop looking for it.

You need to be killed. Honestly. Then you'll start realizing most of the stuff you'll never use and you won't care anymore

To be fully geared, in my opinion and most others, if full camo, a main weapon with an attachment, a water bottle or canteen, bandages, a blood bag, a side arm, a melee weapon, and that is pretty much it. Binoculars also very very handy. Everything else for the most part is pointless.

Epi pen and morphine are important, but they're fairly rare and aren't worth looking for.

All of these things can be found in a couple of runs through an airfield. Will take maybe an hour or 2 tops.

edit: Just saw you posted your gear. Not sure what you are afraid of. You really don't have all that much stuff. If you are new to the game, you will never learn how easy it is to gear if you don't die. To find what you have takes maybe 5-10 minutes of looting once you reach an airfield.

You don't need to take every bullet you find. Only take the rounds you need for your main weapon and your pistol. Unless you are holding onto rounds for a friend, but get an ammo box. Don't fill your entire pack with bullets.

Also, don't carry food with you there is no point. Just eat all food you find on the spot. It doesn't go to waste. All it does is take up space in your inventory.

Why do you need 2 compasses? And clips for a weapon you don't have? Ammunition for a weapon you don't have? There's no reason to be attached to what might as well be garbage to you lol.

Edited by thatslyb

Don't get attached to your items. When you realize it only takes 30 mins to get the gear you had back you don't worry as much and have much more fun.

Also take pleasure in the fact if you are shot, 9/10 the shooter wont get any of your stuff as it all be ruined by one bullet to center mass.

@MatchboxChick
I'd suggest you to go under a tree and drop some gear. Try to keep as less things as possible, only stuff you absolutely need.

Then go on some tourist tripps around the map. Watch your back, keep moving, don't focus on gear but surviving. The more you survive the more you might get attached to your character. And I personally think that's the way the game is being played best.

Hate to break it to ya but your gear isn't that great...

No high ca vest ? No protector cases? No ammo box ? No hunting back pack ?

I would not worry about losing what you have as you can find 90% of that in a residential city right after you respawn.

That said be ready to lose ur gear. I was much more geared than you and then I climbed a ladder....and lost it all...but within 2 days I had it all back and it was exciting when I approached NWAF dressed as a scrub at night with nothing but a cross bow I found on the way up.

If you want to survive longer head further north and continue to work on your gear. Ironically NWAF is safer than most the other bases....the closer you are to the coast the more dangerous the bases are.

I use to be like this but after a while you learn how to gear up again pretty quickly.  Sure it might be hard to give up all that pristine gear and some of the rare items but in the end all you really need is a half decent gun and you can easily get the rest. 

Then don't play that character, if its your regular character switch to hardcore. So you can keep your pristine character for when you can store all that loot and play HC in the meantime.

Hate to break it to ya but your gear isn't that great...

No high ca vest ? No protector cases? No ammo box ? No hunting back pack ?

Hm. I have a vest with 12 slots, an ammo box filled with .45 and 9mm rounds, a hunting backpack and 7 protector cases. Practically everything I have is in a protector case, lol.

And I'm alive for over 50 hours now... I survived a gunfight when we were with 7, only 3 of us (including me) survived. I survived numerous times with a broken leg and multiple times unconscious due to blood loss or being shot. :D

I have been in the habit lately of getting fully geared as much as I can, then running to the coast where there is a good chance a newb will spawn and I LEAVE all my gear on the ground in a line :D for whoever wants it. I figure that's end game for me. Why let somebody shoot me and ruin all that gear?

Then... I jump off a building and start over lol

Lewl. Did this really go to 4 pages?

• Like 1

Lets not start that.

L

• Like 1

Get used to lose your gear. I'm fully geared with everything ATM, but I still go out to the beach, find newspawns and help them to get geared and then send them out in the world. I've been shot at a million times but my character is still alive for some weird reason. + Beside helping newspawns the best part of the game is to find all the gear you need. 

I had been going full woodland survivor man since my last unfortunate death.  This time around only survival gear, imp leather bag, fishing rod, bow, extra stick to poke at things and look cool, had a 9mm if something got "hairy", lovely blend of gorka E camo, hunter pants, no vest, trusty ushanka, all the tools.  Spending most of my time finding stuff to gear up a friend I recently got playing.

Logged in Sunday.  Twenty minute of playing, game crashes to desktop.  Log back on to find a fresh spawn.....my ultra survivor lost in the nether.

After like your 4th or 5th "loss of character"  especially if it just gets ripped away from you by Alpher!, you no longer fear losing all those shinies you skulk around in fear with.

• Like 1

Yeah, because a girl started it. 

If that is why you are in this thread that says more about you than the rest of us who just found the topic interesting.