SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

1tw341vjshcf.jpg

Bullet-proof-helmet = bandit

Motorbikehelmet is good for surviving zombie-one-hit-kills to the head.

Also, I wear a motorbikehelmet.

and I'm... "friendly"

Not in my book

No sense arguing guys like this basically say anyone with any decent gear is a bandit

If you have a half decent gun and/or any millitary gear your a bandit.

The reality is the motorbike helmet provide more bullet protection then any other helmet option cause it covers your whole face. Also the only helmet which prevents one hit KOs by players and zombies. Finally usng a black helmet at night insures you can better hide in the darkness than with anyother helmet since more skin is hidden. This combined with a black bandana now in expietmental allows you to hide your face and neck at night for max stealth.

I always wear a bike helmet over a ballistic helmet cause ballistic helmets look stupid.

Also the people who most often KOS everytime are mask wearers and cowboy hat wearers....but then again pretty much everyone who plays this has KOSed at some point so hard to say

Its hard not to KOS especially when you have decent gear. It becomes more of a reflex to shoot when you see another player with a gun! If i was running about with only a backpack and a stupid hand gun then I would be more prone to talking and stuff but when I have spent hours gearing up and I see a random guy when I enter a building Im not gonna wait to see if he is friendly! That being said I wouldn't KOS an unarmed player

1tw341vjshcf.jpg

Bullet-proof-helmet = bandit

Motorbikehelmet is good for surviving zombie-one-hit-kills to the head.

Also, I wear a motorbikehelmet.

and I'm... "friendly"

I've put a 7.62 into a motorbike helmet, seen them drop to the ground and then get back up 3 minutes later.

I've had a 7.62 into my pristine ballistic helmet which killed me with a single bullet.

I am absolutely adamant the motorbike helmet has more protection in this game.

Its hard not to KOS especially when you have decent gear. It becomes more of a reflex to shoot when you see another player with a gun! If i was running about with only a backpack and a stupid hand gun then I would be more prone to talking and stuff but when I have spent hours gearing up and I see a random guy when I enter a building Im not gonna wait to see if he is friendly! That being said I wouldn't KOS an unarmed player

Then dont claim they are bandits...claim you kill on site anyone who can defend themselves basically

I've put a 7.62 into a motorbike helmet, seen them drop to the ground and then get back up 3 minutes later.

I've had a 7.62 into my pristine ballistic helmet which killed me with a single bullet.

I am absolutely adamant the motorbike helmet has more protection in this game.

Good to know :D

Dang, guess my helmet didn't protect me too much. Well, it did in that I was unconscious instead of full dead for a good too minutes before he finished me off, but I was doing that bandity thing of chopping down an ash tree to craft a rod to prepare for fishing when the tents get fixed (If there isn't another reset with the hotfix coming that I'm guessing is to fix the tent spawn at least) so it's a good thing that kind soul put me down. I'll run around in my underwear so people know I'm not a threat and I definitely won't get killed like that again.

Exp. servers has not stable connection. Server's pings getting so high and ruberbanding like hell. I just leave game cause of rubberbanding like crazy and "confirmation of changes" throwing me. Im sure its not abot my connection I testing my internet speed 30mbsl and pin 16 sometimes 20. Defineatly something wrong about dayz servers or game.

Then dont claim they are bandits...claim you kill on site anyone who can defend themselves basically

I never called anyone Bandits lol! Bandits & Heros make the game! Its the feeling of loosing everything that is so gutting that makes you react as if its almost a real situation!

sorry, little correction. ;)

so, there should be no guaranteed respawning, than its fine, or?

Well he said it as in they respawn once a certain number of them are taken so if there's 20 and 10 are taken 10 spawn again, it needs to take forever 10 hours isn't enough gives server hoppers a huge chance of finding bullets, still going to be slightly harder than it was before but it needs to be harder still looking an airfield and coming out with like 300 rounds of ammo is ridiculous.

Hicks tweeted: "Very small hotfix coming to exp client/servers in the next few hours." - not what it is for...

Hotfix broke the servers. I cant join anymore. Neither can my friend

Hotfix broke the servers. I cant join anymore. Neither can my friend

yup, "waiting for host" message and "no connection to central hive". DE,UK and SE servers

All the servers seemed to have restarted, and now I think my character is reset.

I managed to get in. My character was reset though. Wicked lag, I could pick anything up and couldn't open doors. Was continually teleported back to my starting position...

• Like 1

I want to hear GOOD things about the tents :(

• Like 2

Same problem here :( The hotfix actually broke it? Did I get that right? Sounds more like a hot mess to me then... >:( :emptycan:

I also believe my character may be reset. Whoopiee... Meh, it's experimental for a reason.

The lag and rubberbanding is awful.

Too many morons testing persistence...killing the servers...ugh.

Atm all servers seem to be down. Can't see a singe exp.  :huh:

All exp. servers now appear down to me. Oh grr. I guess I'll have to shelve my playtime for a few hours. No happy.

Is anyone able to play right now on any exp. server?

Exp branch will cycle offline for approx an hour for everyone to pull down the update. Thanks guys!

• Like 3

I guess they'll be back up when they're ready. What's a few hours as long as they fix it and make it work for everybunny, right?