SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

We'll on a side note is anyone experiencing the you are dead bug more than usual? It's happened 3 times to me now since the update on Friday, and hadn't happened to me before that.

Edited by unluckycharm
  • Like 2

We'll on a side note is anyone experiencing the you are dead bug more than usual? It's happened 3 times to me now since the update on Friday, and hadn't happened to me before that.

Twice in 3h playing, twice on the same spot, control tower on nwa

what's up with the freeze? I've never gotten frozen even after hours of running in the rain

Keeps happening to me in every fire station and control tower I go to. Sudden broken legs, pain and insta-death.

What did the hotfix fix?

The more interesting question is - what did it break?  ;)

• Like 3

Think they tried to fix tent spawns + bad bandanas (The onces that couldn't be transformed into masks) but broke something

• Like 1

Up and running!!!

• Like 2

If someone hits you with a head shot, you will not hear any sound. 

I think this does happen but I think people are being killed more often than they think.

Not working for me yet... Let me restart and see. Anybody else can run it again? We have yet to see pics of the tents ;-)

tried to play a bit, and its barely playable.

ok the stutter and freezing in the cities, always had that, but right now i have the same things in the woods etc

(and no, i dont have a coal powered computer, its pretty good)

• Like 1

Whats wrong with the double tapp W to run? Must you hold down SHIFT to be able to run? So when i run i cant check my inventore without getting out to steam, so cant run and reload :/ Something i can do to make it back to normal running again?

• Like 1

It works quite nicely for me, although I, too, experience the stuttering. Nothing major though, and my char didn't even get reset. So yay!

Thank you Devs!

I'm guessing that a lot of the performance issues you're all seeing when you join servers right after they start have to do with resource-intensive stuff that needs to happen right after a server instance starts. Object spawning doesn't seem happen pre-boot, so for instance maybe they're spawning every object on the map, and then caching everything that isn't with a player vicinity and moving it out of RAM. If people start logging in en-masse, I'd guess that causes a lot of simultaneous checks against a large number of objects concurrently with normal initialization processes. It's like how banks only work if everyone doesn't try and withdraw their money all at once. The server can handle the ordinary rate of player spawning and tracking of position—making sure the world is in place when you walk into an area—because those process are all optimized. But the when players start logging in all at once the server instance probably just runs out of resources. Here's my guess at the process:

1) server instance init -> world spawned and all world objects spawned (houses, trees, etc)

2) server instance up -> players can join and world starts populating items

3) server tries to cache objects that aren't in the vicinity of a player. As players join, lots of vicinity checks happen concurrently and the server has to load a lot of shit into RAM all at once instead of slowly over time.

[edit] My recommendation: wait an hour before joining a server after startup.

Edited by flimsypremise

Was this a rollback?  LMB is back with a vengeance, I had to go up a ladder and combat log to get away from a zed.. So, pretty much after every melee with a zed I have to log out and log back in to make sure I'll be able to fight again.  That's tedious and boring.

Edited by Barnabus

Was this a rollback?  LMB is back with a vengeance, I had to go up a ladder and combat log to get away from a zed.. So, pretty much after every melee with a zed I have to log out and log back in to make sure I'll be able to fight again.  That's tedious and boring.

I can confirm this. A couple of zeds fucked me up pretty bad in Nadezhino yesterday because of this. I hope it gets fixed soon, it's nasty bug.

Is curious that the LMB thing is!

Don't click repeatedly. Your attack speed doesn't magically increase when you click like crazy. Holding the mouse button produces the same speed of attack and I've never gotten the bug doing so. I've also found that if I am attacking multiple zombies, circling and waiting for the entire animation to play before clicking again stops the bug from occurring. It nereds to be fixed but its not hard to prevent.

• Like 2

Apparently cooking steaks on an open fire takes more than fifteen minutes in real time.

• Like 1

I have a concept that i want everyone to consider that would solve spawn balance . Spawns each have a 25% chance of spawning new item every 1 hour in real life. Theoretically this would mean 100% of items  be newly spawned in 4 hours which is when servers normally restart anyway. Then limitations can be added to the number of each item on a map at a time. just a thought. On another note, rubber-banding is really bad for me atm is this a server issue or is everyone getting this?

Apparently cooking steaks on an open fire takes more than fifteen minutes in real time.

That should burn them ;) I prefer my steaks cooked about 4 minutes a side. Medium rare. MMMMMmmm.

Seriously though, I have noticed the cooking time getting longer. Used to be less than 10 minutes. Were these 80 - 90% steaks?

I'm moving in on Balota tents on a full server...wish me luck. I'm gonna need it  :(

• Like 1

Can anyone actually confirm there are tents in the experimental (Screenshot/Video/any proof)? Because I saw it in the changelogs on reddit

Can anyone actually confirm there are tents in the experimental (Screenshot/Video/any proof)? Because I saw it in the changelogs on reddit

http://imgur.com/a/Xuvpe

Source

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 2