SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

I had 3 mags but no gun and then I lost them all on this update and now I have the gun.

i found one emptied  and dropped it. that gun without lrs is useless

It apears that the health system has been changed to a slightly more realistic version. You now only have to be green energized to become healthy.

Need someone to test with thirsty and how high the max is though. (lets hope they have lowered the max health)

• Like 1

Are they even in the experimental? 

tbh, no.

I really do like mixing the bandanas with bike helmets, would look better with some complete colour matching going on but yea.7gXCLVt.jpg

Hopefully the broken tent spawns get fixed seeing as they were supposed to be spawning.

Hopefully we'll see the exp build go to Stable after tomorrow's maintenance..  that would be lovely!   And not sure about the tents.. The little ~135mb patch that was recently released says tents were added.. but added to the ingame loot spawns?  Dunno... http://imgur.com/xFAWC7g

Hopefully we'll see the exp build go to Stable after tomorrow's maintenance..  that would be lovely!   And not sure about the tents.. The little ~135mb patch that was recently released says tents were added.. but added to the ingame loot spawns?  Dunno... http://imgur.com/xFAWC7g

A poster on reddit says that they're set to spawn at the castles in the loot tables, but loot spawns seem to be broken at castles. Bit of a pain for the major new feature

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2bzp91/where_do_tents_spawn/cjak16s

Edited by Racket

I really do like mixing the bandanas with bike helmets, would look better with some complete colour matching going on but yea.7gXCLVt.jpg

Hopefully the broken tent spawns get fixed seeing as they were supposed to be spawning.

Motorcycle helmets? Bro they are a bandit look, I KOS everyone with bike helmets, honestly. I've never met someone friendly with a bike helmet, only assholes

...why does loot respawn is that supposed to happen?

Sounds kinda shitty if you ask me, you can just stand in a house that spawns food, get a backpack full and leave it in your tent?

#survival

If that's intentional they should really remove it, should only respawn like every 3 server resets or something so food becomes scarce.

Okay, guys, I know many folks said that zombies don't walk through walls anymore. But they DO walk through closed doors now. And they can hit you from outside a building and through a wall.

I finally had found enough to eat to survive barely to Balota, and thought I would be safe in one of the little wooden sheds. Ha! Dream on, one Hopper and one regular Zed just walked through the closed door and killed me like nobody's business.

Same happening with other houses, I'm trying to bandage and wham! Zed's through doors, you are dead.

Very frustratetd.

@UltimateGentleman

lootrespawn != lootrespawn

i think it depends on how they balance this feature, if there will be a typically routine that for example after 30 minutes all looted houses/places will respawn stuff, than this system if for the arse, but if lootrespawn gets some randomly routines, like that some randomly houses/places still even did not respawnloot after 12+ hours + a chance even get no loot after serverrestart, than its okay i think.

i did have had also yesterday my boring run of all fresh spawns, after 15 minutes i have had enough food and water to survive next couple of hours with ease.

so, i think it all depends on balacing and the lootrespawn routines, and there i have big hopes and no doubt that they will make it right.

Motorcycle helmets? Bro they are a bandit look, I KOS everyone with bike helmets, honestly. I've never met someone friendly with a bike helmet, only assholes

Not true. Those helmets are plentyful and save you from bambis playing Chuck Norris style. I usually ditch them when I go west, but I know some that actually look for them, when they decide to go back to the coast. I think every kind of player wears them. I try to get as good camo as possible, and I try to get an AKM usually, but I don't kill everything that moves. The only thing I judge by is masks... :)

Food is actually super scarce. I have had trouble all day yesterday just trying to stay alive, and that has rarely happened to me before. I hope they got the respawning rate somewhat balanced before this thing goes stable. No food north, no food on the coast, barely any food in the east, and you can forget it at the most used spawnpoints and the surrounding area.

I'm not complaining, just saying it looks like it needs to be balanced just ever so slightly.

Not true. Those helmets are plentyful and save you from bambis playing Chuck Norris style. I usually ditch them when I go west, but I know some that actually look for them, when they decide to go back to the coast. I think every kind of player wears them. I try to get as good camo as possible, and I try to get an AKM usually, but I don't kill everything that moves. The only thing I judge by is masks... :)

Moter helmets and clown masks are the bandid look. Friendlies go for construction helmets because they have the same stats, but look friendlier.

• Like 1

@UltimateGentleman

lootrespawn != lootrespawn

i think it depends on how they balance this feature, if there will be a typically routine that for example after 30 minutes all looted houses/places will respawn stuff, than this system if for the arse, but if lootrespawn gets some randomly routines, like that some randomly houses/places still even did not respawnloot after 12+ hours + a chance even get no loot after serverrestart, than its okay i think.

i did have had also yesterday my boring run of all fresh spawns, after 15 minutes i have had enough food and water to survive next couple of hours with ease.

so, i think it all depends on balacing and the lootrespawn routines, and there i have big hopes and no doubt that they will make it right.

But it respawning is just dumb the problem was that it would respawn on server restarts, it should be difficult to survive if you join a server that hasn't had loot respawn in like 3 days it would be intense.

I mean how does it even make sense? Raid a house, come back to it later and suddenly there's food or guns again?

Fairly sure that wouldn't happen in real life.

The game is easy anyway and this just makes it easier, should be the opposite. I can't even remember the last time I starved but now I have unlimited food to find, yays.

This also makes server hopping more profitable, more of a chance of having guns respawned in airfields and such after people cleaned it out.

Whereas with a server that's had no loot respawn for 3 days, there's obviously going to be nothing left.

I mean how does it even make sense? Raid a house, come back to it later and suddenly there's food or guns again?

Fairly sure that wouldn't happen in real life.

it makes no sense, but its the same with having no lootrespawn, but therefore all 4 hours serverrestarts. there it also makes no sense that after serverrestart you find loot in this house you looted 2 days ago, so its no difference, also no difference with your point about serverhopping. serverhopping in a non lootrespawnsystem would also be much more profitable, just join an empty server and you can be 100% sure to find loot.

(but yes, i also enjoy my runs with no lootrespawn and was happy at least to find some gear, it makes me feel my "luck" more unique)

but, lootrespawn is the only way to have a chance of balancing this game, especially if you have also persistent stuff and server did not restart for 24+ hours.

just make areas randomly respawn loot in randomly time with the possibilites to have no loot at serverrestart, thats the only way to find the balance. 

Edited by d0pesen

My friend and I took to wearing them a lot back in the days when we kept getting one-hit killed by zeds, usually wear them until a ballistic helmet is found for the protection, as I've been killed in every type of clothing and level of threat my chose of wardrobe may pose to someone's eye, so I don't really mind how it comes off.

Plus I don't like showing off my face until I get west when so many people always have it on the coast. Can't wait for the day that there are enough faces that it doesn't seem like everyone was made in a lab.

it makes no sense, but its the same with having no lootrespawn, but therefore all 4 hours serverrestarts. there it also makes no sense that after serverrestart you find loot in this house you looted 2 days ago, so its no difference, also no difference with your point about serverhopping. serverhopping in a non lootrespawnsystem would also be much more profitable, just join an empty server and you can be 100% sure to find loot.

(but yes, i also enjoy my runs with no lootrespawn and was happy at least to find some gear, it makes me feel my "luck" more unique)

but, lootrespawn is the only way to have a chance of balancing this game, especially if you have also persistent stuff and server did not restart for 24+ hours.

just make areas randomly respawn loot in randomly time with the possibilites to have no loot at serverrestart, thats the only way to find the balance. 

It would make a huge difference if loot didn't respawn upon server restart, as I said multiple restarts before loot respawns maybe even days so it gets to the point where people actually need to explore the whole map to survive instead of gearing up in a coast town and being good to go in like 10 minutes.

How would server hopping be more profitable? That doesn't make sense, people can still do that now.

If it only respawned every few days, there are a lot less servers they can spam it on. They can all just stay on empty servers, more time away from legit players.

Plus if it's empty simply because no people are on at the time, still a good chance that the airfields etc were raided hours ago when people were on so it would help a lot.

Loot respawn is just not needed there's more than enough food for 40+ people across the map and hunting is basically a limitless source of food, the only reason people ever find it hard to get food is because they stay round the main towns and never stray near the top of the map or anything. All the coastal and big towns get picked clean, it's not that there's barely any food if anything there's too much.

Moter helmets and clown masks are the bandid look. Friendlies go for construction helmets because they have the same stats, but look friendlier.

Baseball caps, radar caps and other caps are friendly look

It would make a huge difference if loot didn't respawn upon server restart, as I said multiple restarts before loot respawns maybe even days so it gets to the point where people actually need to explore the whole map to survive instead of gearing up in a coast town and being good to go in like 10 minutes.

100% agree, but this is also possible with a respawnlootsystem, as i mentioned, on server restarts should not all places have loot, randomly spread over the map.

How would server hopping be more profitable? That doesn't make sense, people can still do that now.

yes, i spoke about the system before lootrespawn and without randomly loot on serverrestart. before this patch you can be 100% sure that you find find weapons on airfield if server is empty you serverhop on.

so, our opinion is not much different, i think we both prefer randomly loot / no loot on serverrestart.

Loot respawn is just not needed there's more than enough food for 40+ people across the map and hunting is basically a limitless source of food,..

yes, if its not balanced, but what if you have a respawnloot system which depends on active players on server? so the amount of respawningloot depends on players inventar and active players on server? so if yomebody fully geared join a server, no new food will respawn unless to much food was eaten by all, deers hunted and fish fished?

i do understand your point, my sorrow is only if you are a freshspawn, and you join a 39/40 server which was restarted 10+ hours ago, how big is your chance to survive without lootrespawn? i am not talking only about food, also about equip for hunting/fishing.

of course, you can say, "then better join other server", but is this they way it meant to be played? i think i prefered the balanced way, that every server you join on you have almost same chances, and this i think, is only makeable with the tool of respawning loot.

btw: i prefer the most realistic way to play, and as i mentioned before a loved the run through the picked clean coastial areas towards inland to survive (this also can be done by respawningloot), and underline, a respawningloot system can have much more advantages, if this system is balanced and implemented right.

-snip-

Well, personally I would enjoy the challenge of spawning in a server where almost everything is taken.

There's still gonna be random huts in the middle of nowhere with some stuff, it would take a truly dedicated clan of people to loot absolutely everything.

I think if only things like rope respawned it would be good, of if they just upped they're spawn rates since bullets are easier to find than rope currently.

Or maybe some kind of weak craftable rope you can make by peeling the skin off sticks.

Being in such a bad situation could promote working together which would be good.

Also I'm not sure if they do already but berries, apples etc should definitely respawn every few hours. Just so there's always something to eat but it's rarely ideal.

You guys are a debating a mechanic that is only partially complete. Based on statements by the dev team, loot respawn will eventually be governed by a global cap on certain items, so items presumably won't respawn until the existing item despawns somewhere. We don't know what the despawn mechanic is either. I assume it has something to do with items getting ruined or consumed, but who knows.

• Like 2

You guys are a debating a mechanic that is only partially complete. Based on statements by the dev team, loot respawn will eventually be governed by a global cap on certain items, so items presumably won't respawn until the existing item despawns somewhere. We don't know what the despawn mechanic is either. I assume it has something to do with items getting ruined or consumed, but who knows.

That's not great either though.

Clan: "Find ALL the bullets!"

*finds all the bullets after hours of searching*

*bullets spawn in again*

Clan: "Bullets again!"

Same with guns, and everything.

With storage, it's not gonna be hard for clans to get everything they need in surplus.

sorry, little correction. ;)

Clan: "Find ALL the bullets!"

*finds all the bullets after hours of searching*

*bullets (maybe) spawn (directly) in again (or somewhen in next 10 hours, or never)* 

so, there should be no guaranteed respawning, than its fine, or?

Edited by d0pesen
  • Like 1

1tw341vjshcf.jpg

Bullet-proof-helmet = bandit

Motorbikehelmet is good for surviving zombie-one-hit-kills to the head.

Also, I wear a motorbikehelmet.

and I'm... "friendly"

Edited by irishroy

1tw341vjshcf.jpg

Bullet-proof-helmet = bandit

Motorbikehelmet is good for surviving zombie-one-hit-kills to the head.

Also, I wear a motorbikehelmet.

and I'm... "friendly"

No sense arguing guys like this basically say anyone with any decent gear is a bandit

If you have a half decent gun and/or any millitary gear your a bandit.

The reality is the motorbike helmet provide more bullet protection then any other helmet option cause it covers your whole face. Also the only helmet which prevents one hit KOs by players and zombies. Finally usng a black helmet at night insures you can better hide in the darkness than with anyother helmet since more skin is hidden. This combined with a black bandana now in expietmental allows you to hide your face and neck at night for max stealth.

I always wear a bike helmet over a ballistic helmet cause ballistic helmets look stupid.

Also the people who most often KOS everytime are mask wearers and cowboy hat wearers....but then again pretty much everyone who plays this has KOSed at some point so hard to say