SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Unplayable, thanks.

You'r welcome!

Go stable, stop moaning.

It seems very playable for me, though lots of servers seem down and the singapore servers dont spawn loot

it is a bit unplayable if you can't join a server though....

It seems very playable for me, though lots of servers seem down and the singapore servers dont spawn loot

yeah the second time i was on it was the singapore servers there is a hardcore server in nz thats fully working got to say i am enjoying the patch..

My experience of the latest update and loot respawn. I spawned at Polana ran to NE Airfield and i never found anything other than a shotgun. I met 2 German guys there who hadn't found anything either. I said i was going to run to Veresnik mil base as i felt like NW airfield would most probably be camped by bandits. On route we bumped into a Swedish guy at Krasnostav who decided to come with us. We headed straight to Veresnik looting Novy Sobor and Stary Sobor on the way. The Swedish dude had an English friend meet him at Veresnik. So far we had only had a shotgun, a Blaze, the CZ without mag and a couple of pistols between us. We parted with the Germans at Veresnik and the 3 of us decide to continue to loot on to NW airfield, and then Bashna jail to the north of it, Zelenogorsk mil base, Pavlova mil base and then of course Balota. Of course checking all police stations, piano houses and other places you expect to find guns. By the end of what was a 4 hour loot run all we had to show for it was an SKS, a Blaze, and the Swedish guy had only a pistol :( We also had a couple AK 101 mags and a couple AKM mags but not any 5.56 ammo boxes but. We did find the occasional 7.62x51 box and a few more 7.62x39 box.

I think either something is very wrong and loot isn't respawning or if this is the way loot is going to be from now on people will stop playing DayZ all together. Surely a 4 hour loot run should be enough to find three guys some decent weapons but instead we felt cheated.

I understand that food, drink and weapon spawns should be lowered so that you don't instantly have a gun and need to earn food by hunting. But to the point where it feels almost impossible to find a decent weapon, even a weapon at all. Well at this point the game stops being fun.

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

My experience of the latest update and loot respawn. I spawned at Polana ran to NE Airfield and i never found anything other than a shotgun. I met 2 German guys there who hadn't found anything either. I said i was going to run to Veresnik mil base as i felt like NW airfield would most probably be camped by bandits. On route we bumped into a Swedish guy at Krasnostav who decided to come with us. We headed straight to Veresnik looting Novy Sobor and Stary Sobor on the way. The Swedish dude had an English friend meet him at Veresnik. So far we had only had a shotgun, a Blaze, the CZ without mag and a couple of pistols between us. We parted with the Germans at Veresnik and the 3 of us decide to continue to loot on to NW airfield, and then Bashna jail to the north of it, Zelenogorsk mil base, Pavlova mil base and then of course Balota. Of course checking all police stations, piano houses and other places you expect to find guns. By the end of what was a 4 hour loot run all we had to show for it was an SKS, a Blaze, and the Swedish guy had only a pistol :( We also had a couple AK 101 mags and a couple AKM mags but not any 5.56 ammo boxes but. We did find the occasional 7.62x51 box and a few more 7.62x39 box.

I think either something is very wrong and loot isn't respawning or if this is the way loot is going to be from now on people will stop playing DayZ all together. Surely a 4 hour loot run should be enough to find three guys some decent weapons but instead we felt cheated.

I understand that food, drink and weapon spawns should be lowered so that you don't instantly have a gun and need to earn food by hunting. But to the point where it feels almost impossible to find a decent weapon, even a weapon at all. Well at this point the game stops being fuN.

You don't need a gun to enjoy DayZ. 

• Like 6

Currently (And yesterday far as i know) All the Experimental server are full or down. Least the ones i can find and have ping below 100. Those servers are UK, DE, and SWE servers. Currently 4 SWE servers are down and all the others are full. Why are they down? Yesterday the DE servers were down.

Edited by Zegeda

Currently (And yesterday far as i know) All the Experimental server are full or down. Least the ones i can find and have ping below 100. Those servers are UK, DE, and SWE servers. Currently 4 SWE servers are down and all the others are full. Why are they down? Yesterday the DE servers were down.

That is because half of the servers are broken and everybody wants to log in.

Performance is laggy even when you can join.

We know it, they know it, I'm afraid you will just have to wait until tomorrow or later when they sort it out.

Merged.

• Like 1

So why add new guns to the game? I guess noone wants to check out the new guns then.

You can easily check them out if you listen to what people are saying ... Many doosher loot loving bastards have been moving loot to have it reassigned somewhere else ... Try the military base everyone has been talking about and also go to novodomitrovsk city hall ... There's every weapon you can imagine there and that building is ALWaYS full of loot , I dunno if the game is spawning it there by accident or if people are hoarding stuff there but when me and a friend journeyed there on 2 different servers we found : at least 5 crossbows between the 2 servers , 3 cz 527 rifles , 1 longhorn pistol , 1 blaze double rifle , 2 moisins , a TON of food water and clothes ...

So TL;DR version is if you wanna find loot and can't find anything after a long run , simply check the city hall tower building in novodomitrovsk it has EVERYTHING (for now until there's a hotfix of how many items can be kept in one area ).

Happy picking loot hungry bastards lol.

So why add new guns to the game? I guess noone wants to check out the new guns then.

I havent found an akm or rest of the guns after it and I still enjoy the game. It makes you to play it more survivalistic way than just going rambo and spraying 600 rounds from your m4 :)

You'r welcome!

Go stable, stop moaning.

The factory only gives us four lamborghinis to test drive instead of fifteen.

But hey, no worry, you can always drive the minivan instead.

I'm sorry, I thought this was the place to discuss the new changes in Experimental.  That means good and bad.  Yes, this is a game; losing any game is frustrating, and expression of frustration - so long as it is reasonable and not just a bunch of insult - should be welcome.  Having vented, we can then return and deal with the frustrations inherent in the sandbox.

Z

Servers should be up.

Twittwattweeting.

Will check back later.

Thanks.

Ok so after gearing up on the shore a bit on a 30/ 40 hardcore experimental server I enter electro fire station , I hear two punch sounds an start bleeding ...I spun around ran outside and there was no one around any where , every time I stopped there was a hit to me somewhere from some invisible foe ... I managed to log out after swinging in the air mercilessly and aimlessley(sorry guys had to battle log in this instance it provided good insight ) and I wait 30 seconds log back into the same server to find out that I can now seethe invisible perpetrator : a zombie who is now visible and dead from one of my strikes before i logged off ... So be careful people invisible Zombies .

Edit: also ,when I logged back into the server I could hear zombie noises every second it would repeat and it kept repeating until I left , I assume it never stopped lol .0

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Yes they are, most of them anyways... Thank you BoneBoys!!!

On another note, I experienced that LMB bug today for the very first time.  Checking out one of the KOA locations, Zed's flocking to me likes Gnats to Whiskey.  I take out the first one with my fire axe, I take a hit in the process, playing on a higher ping server and there's a bit of lag.  No worries, patch myself up, notice that my Gorka jacket is ruined, 3rd one since Friday dammit.  Head out of the shed I was cleaning myself up in and start making my way through one of the large barns and here comes Nancy.  Not only Nancy, but her twin sister Sally, then uncle Buck in camo, and his buddy to boot.  Out comes the axe again, side step then swing and NOTHING.  Awwww, hell, here we go as I break for the door all four of them in tow.  At this point I didn't know it was the LMB bug, figured lag or something.  Put the axe back away, thinking I'd just bring it back out and off we'd go.  Nope, same thing, axe in hand, axe raises and lowers, but unable to swing with four Zed's barring down on me.  Alright, enoughs enough and out comes the SKS.  Sights set for a headshot, squeeze the trigger and NOTHING.  Well this blows, head for the tree line, checking my six, and two break off fairly soon, then another and finally the last damn one near a mile out.  Alright, back at it.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

Servers should be up.

Will check back later.

Things are still not as they should be, it's easy to check, full or empty !

My excuses.

On another note, I experienced that LMB bug today for the very first time.  Checking out one of the KOA locations, Zed's flocking to me likes Gnats to Whiskey.  I take out the first one with my fire axe, I take a hit in the process, playing on a higher ping server and there's a bit of lag.  No worries, patch myself up, notice that my Gorka jacket is ruined, 3rd one since Friday dammit.  Head out of the shed I was cleaning myself up in and start making my way through one of the large barns and here comes Nancy.  Not only Nancy, but her twin sister Sally, then uncle Buck in camo, and his buddy to boot.  Out comes the axe again, side step then swing and NOTHING.  Awwww, hell, here we go as I break for the door all four of them in tow.  At this point I didn't know it was the LMB bug, figured lag or something.  Put the axe back away, thinking I'd just bring it back out and off we'd go.  Nope, same thing, axe in hand, axe raises and lowers, but unable to swing with four Zed's barring down on me.  Alright, enoughs enough and out comes the SKS.  Sights set for a headshot, squeeze the trigger and NOTHING.  Well this blows, head for the tree line, checking my six, and two break off fairly soon, then another and finally the last damn one near a mile out.  Alright, back at it.

When this happens to me I usually head for the nearest ladder if I need to patch up.  Zeds ain't figured out ladders yet.  Last time I did that was at NWAF, went up one of the small green watch towers, made a splint, bandaged, stood up and promptly fell to my death off the tower.  Dammit.

On another note, frigging fire axe is still useless for me.  Gimme a Splitters Axe any day.

Is it me or does anyone else think the riders jacket should be able to take more damage than it does as it is now?  Seems a hoodie is way more durable...

• Like 1

Man, there are a lot of complaints in here about shit being broken. If I were the devs working on this games I would want to strangle you guys, quit, and go live on an island where I didn't have to listen to entitled jackasses whining that I'm not at work on the weekends fixing bugs in an experimental code branch. If my clients did that to me, I'd tell them where they could stick it pretty goddamn quickly. Do people not understands how difficult it is to debug and fix the sorts of problems we're all experiencing?

And for those who say "I thought this was the place to talk about experimental"—yes, it is the place to talk about it. Not to bitch and moan. There's a huge difference between reporting an issue and complaining about it. You should be doing the former, not the latter.

• Like 3

I have not played dayz for a while, and something about melee feels off now. Not that it was very good before, bot now i frequently hit zombies in the face (or am hit in the face myself) without it actually registering a hit. I think i saw quite a lot of other people complain about that as well.

Anyone got similiar experiences?

Yeah its a bugger. Just don't spam LMB and you should never get the bug (this has been my experience). Just hold LMB to melee and your character will continue to hit at the fastest speed possible (usually if you are knocking zombies out with your fists). I have success waiting for the animation to end before attempting another hit if I need to strike multiple targets with my axe.

Edited by Hells High

Servers are realy bad now :/....i get severe spikes that make my fps drop to 10 or 5 fps. 
I just whas on the tower in Novo and had a clean shot with a mosin on some dude crouching near a car....
when i shot i saw a spark where the target whas but the player glitched al around the spot, then i got killed out of nowhere :/. Realy ?!

Also the loot is totally screwed. Barely any food or ammo, not to speak about a gun. 
Military bases or depot like buildings have a ton load of loot but irrelevant things.

Already died so far twice or 3 times of hunger. 

Please somebody unf*ck this game ?.
Everything whas atleast running wel before the BIG test server launched.

Right now, from southeast USA, 17 down, 15 up - and every one jammed at full pop.

Z

I dunno, took off Friday from work, vacation day btw and spent pretty much most of it playing Dayz, both before and after the latest update.  I'll tell ya that this is a hell of a lot better than going into the office.  I won't play stable, I'm here to see what's new, bugs and all, period.  For me, it's all about the journey, good and the bad and I play because this is one of the few sandbox games that sparks enough interest to keep me playing.  I look forward to each update and probably not for the things that some of you are expecting to eventually see.  I've mentioned before that I'm not here for PvP, at least not yet, though I do hope that possibly one day I will be forced into more precarious delimas to survive.  That my friends is when this game moves from just another sandbox look-alike to something very much more genuine. The Dev's are on the right track, the step back to more survival mechanics are much appreciated imho.

Also, I'm not looking forward to vehicles to be honest.  In some way I think it will spoil the nature of the game, however I would really enjoy spending a week to find the appropriate parts and make the necesary repairs.  Not sure how much thought has been put into this aspect, but could you imagine having to rebuild an alternator so that the vehicle's battery would recharge?  Forced to find brushes, a new voltage regulator, diodes, etc. What if you had to actually learn how to use a volt/multimeter to make such repairs, but maybe not in-game?  Sorry, I digress, that and it would be difficult for some I suppose and the community backlash would ensue.  Thinking about recruiting for clans... "Team needs a turbine mechanic to assemble replacement jet engine for a Jet Ranger helicopter, must have previous experience, parts will be provided, once you tell use what the hell we're looking for".  Nevermind, I just filed a new kickstarter application.  Now all I need is a Zombie Apocalypse based game to go with it.

Major storms rollin in...computer is going down for a while.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 5