boneboys

Stable - 0.46 Discussion

Played for the first time since they updated to .46 Server I logged into was raining, daytime. I could not see very well as the ambient light was varying all over the place from dark to light, making it almost impossible to play. When I entered buildings and looked into my scope, it was fine, when I went outside, almost instantly dark. I adjusted the brightness up but it made little to no difference.

Also, the ability to use a controller has not been fixed yet. This does not make sense to me as certainly there must be a number of peeps out there that either prefer to play with a controller (as I do) or have disabilities which dictates this. PLEASE put this functionality back.

Other than that, I am VERY excited about the changes that have taken place since .46 was implemented, its a shame I cant play since due to the above problems. Keep up the great work guys and thanks for your efforts.

I had just logged on and in around 10 minutes my friend found an MP5K on top of a police car in Berezino. We headed to Svetlo and once we got there, we found a mag for it on top of the police car hood. That was the first time looking for it.

Some screenshots:

17skeq.jpg

118hg6e.jpg

Edited by FREDDIEkillz
  • Like 1

Too busy wallowing in money instead of making a game work.

It's actually an Olympic sized swimming pool full of money that they are too busy enjoying while they're not making the game work. /sarcasm

You have two words right in that statement "Too Busy". I'll give you that.

Ok, so now I can't even play anymore.  I'm stuck in a constant loop.  My game crashed (again)  and when I tried to log back on I was stuck at the "Spawning in 99 seconds" bullshit.  When it got to 0, it was stuck at "Please Wait..."  After about 10 minutes of nothing, I esc out, wait a few minutes and try again.  Stuck at the "Spawning in 99 seconds" crap again, and when it hits 0, BINGO!  "Please Wait..."  

Literally been on this for like, 10 minutes.  And yes, it even happens after I restart my game.

Why is there even a 99 second spawn timer?  Who is that for?  Why is it a thing?

Edit: Making progress, only up to a 70 second spawn timer now. -_____-'

Edited by aimbot.eXe

Character saving still has issues >_< this is just getting annoying, I have been able to check out any of the new stuff since they rolled out .45.

No problems after 3.5 hrs tonight, other than installing .46 and finding out my old character was gone. No big deal, except that I was following an army of server jumpers (counted 46 players who logged in for 5 minutes or less in those hours, some of whom will be on the forums bragging about how easy they found their MP5 soon), and since my region has less than 15 servers updated, you can imagine it was pretty sparse for loot. 

Noticed I can one shot zombies with a garden hoe again, food and water last longer, night was brighter, new village has a jailhouse, zombie hit me while high on a ladder, found four crossbows in Rify, anti-stab vest was an easy find in Svetlo train depot and boxes of ammo were in places I never saw them spawn before. Logged out to find my original character was still alive, so I lost everything I had tonight again, including the rare vest. Did not crash on log out, but I did update Steam right before I played, so try that first. 

Ok, so now I can't even play anymore.  I'm stuck in a constant loop.  My game crashed (again)  and when I tried to log back on I was stuck at the "Spawning in 99 seconds" bullshit.  When it got to 0, it was stuck at "Please Wait..."  After about 10 minutes of nothing, I esc out, wait a few minutes and try again.  Stuck at the "Spawning in 99 seconds" crap again, and when it hits 0, BINGO!  "Please Wait..."  

Literally been on this for like, 10 minutes.  And yes, it even happens after I restart my game.

I've had this happen as well.. but eventually, usually after a few mins, I would finally get into game after sitting at the "Please Wait..." screen.  

Zeds vs. Clothing is fucking ridiculous again. Two hits from zeds, 5 minutes apart, have ruined a pristine pair of ttsko pants, a pristine ttsko shirt, and a worn pair of cargo pants, along with two ammo canisters and various other bits of equipment damaged along with the ammo in the canisters. Seriously? This again?

Hanging up the game again until the exp update comes, then I'll give that a shot, but if my clothing is made of tissue paper again, I'll hang that up too until the next update.

I appreciate challenges, but this is not my idea of fun.

Edited by urvile
  • Like 6

For the people with resolution problems.

I deleted my complete Dayz Config folder in My documents, it was fixed right away and can use Full HD again.

Delete Folder > Start Dayz > Go to settings and all options are back again.

I dont know if this is mentioned, but it is now.

SolidKalle

Edited by SolidKalle

No problems after 3.5 hrs tonight, other than installing .46 and finding out my old character was gone. No big deal, except that I was following an army of server jumpers (counted 46 players who logged in for 5 minutes or less in those hours, some of whom will be on the forums bragging about how easy they found their MP5 soon), and since my region has less than 15 servers updated, you can imagine it was pretty sparse for loot. 

I actually lost my cool yesterday because of (presumed) server hopping. There I am, grinding through gearing up my char on an almost full server where practically everything was looted before, then the server restarts and I am in Electro. I go back on the same server, check one firestation really fast and go to the police station: Already open, nothing else in the vicinity open - on a two or three minute old server. Now it might have been someone like me, but I guess probably not. Took out my weapon (Firefighter's Axe) and killed the dude I found in the weapon room. Soooo, if you were not hopping - sorry Fabby. Finally my dislike of hoppers made me into an axe murderer, normally I would have never risked going in there with thinking someone is in there.

Zeds vs. Clothing is fucking ridiculous again. Two hits from zeds, 5 minutes apart, have ruined a pristine pair of ttsko pants, a pristine ttsko shirt, and a worn pair of cargo pants, along with two ammo canisters and various other bits of equipment damaged along with the ammo in the canisters. Seriously? This again?

I got hit several times yesterday, especially at the 21 garages just north east of the balota airfield. Everything was soooooo laggy there. I bled plenty of times, but the zeds only damaged my gear once - ttsko jacket from worn to badly damadged. Just hang in there, sounds like you were simply really unlucky.

EDIT: Forgot what I wanted to write after the replies:

1. Can anyone confirm if improvised leather backpacks work AND include what pelt they were made from? Some dude told me yesterday that one of a deer did not work (hear say, not confirmed).

2. After killing fabby his inventory was really bugged:

- not able to see what was in his pants - felt those behind

- mountain backpack was full, I saw nothing (and of course could not put anything into it)

- the SKS I took was unusable

Those things are not new, but I wanted to highlight that they still don't work. Everything was working after the obligatory relog. It kind of destroys the sense of looting killed ppl though. Even if dragging the backpack of my body and putting it back on would have worked, I would have had to replace my pants with his and then put them away, my old pants back on... . With the current problem of things you drop not always spawning in front of you, but somewhere in the vicinity, I would have maybe lost something, and searching forever in a police station is not smart, espectially with a non-working gun.

Later AKM mags someone dropped for me seemed empty and only decided to have bullets in them after I took them, so all that funny inventory vodoo seems to be still active in 0.46.

Edited by bautschi

I reported my first server. The admin was restarting the server every minute, then kicked everyone trying to join. Enough!

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 1

So how do we throw things now? I lit a flare lastnight but couldn't work out how to throw it.

Also got hit once by a zed  and it managed to ruin a pristine colt .45 and flashlight?... although the magazine remained pristine.

They can ruin everything, clothing, all the stuff inside, everything except what's in your backpack.

So how do we throw things now? I lit a flare lastnight but couldn't work out how to throw it.

Also got hit once by a zed  and it managed to ruin a pristine colt .45 and flashlight?... although the magazine remained pristine.

Use G to charge your throw (Warning: throwing stuff to hard makes them go underground)

Really, REALLY? MP5k???? WHY THE HECK? MP5 is such a great weapon with great variants (hk 53) and you add this bullshit variant? I hate you -.-

Edited by LazyPoet91

I thought they put some security fixes not long ago, well they might have worked for 1 day only because the spawning of gear ( i saw even a black tactical vest that has been taken out of spawn loot due to clipping with female character ), duping, the speed run, the teleporting, the infinite m4 ammo are all still there. Even inception with clothes is still possible. Do they even check that website were hacks are published daily? Wtf are they doing? This SA  is not any safer that that pasta drainer that the mod was! Ban those mofos  promptly and ban the lame ass players that pick up those infinite ammo to use them!

Edited by Fabrix

Is there any kind of 10-20 round mag for the AKM? Honestly I'm satisfied using it like a semi-auto sniper it's so damn powerful and the scope is excellent.

Unless the M4 got significantly better(not had one since they moved) the AKM laughs in it's face.

Have they done anything with the rarity of animals? I was looking for some for hours I must have run like 20 miles, just bad luck or are they harder to find? I was in the west of the map too heard people saying there's more there.

In the east I was finding deer very frequently before.

1. Shotgun still firing only 1 pellet

2. Legs still breaking on 2nd level of buildings. (sometimes just clothing ruined, sometimes insta-death)

3. Cannot retrieve arrows from bodies. 

4. You're able to stack certain clothing items inside each other along with items, as to expand your inventory "infinitely".. Same with ammo boxes.

-Leather backpacks ARE working now.. I tested tonight.

What was wrong with them? Last patch I made one fine.

You could craft the small bag, but once you added sticks they would disappear. It works now.

You could craft the small bag, but once you added sticks they would disappear. It works now.

Glad I never found that out the hard way...

So the NE Airfield is gone or something? That seems random I haven't checked out the eastern half of the map in forever think I shall.

Is there anything different in the new towns or is it just same old same old?

Has anyone encountered multiple deaths by just logging out then coming back in? My legs instantly break and then the famous "you are dead" screen appears, this has happened like 10 times now.