boneboys

Stable - 0.46 Discussion

Just out of interest and completely offtopic, but: why?

this 32bit system was installed on the machine, when I bought it :(

but anyway - dayz always runned smooth until 0.46´release...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

this 32bit system was installed on the machine, when I bought it :(

but anyway - dayz always runned smooth until 0.46´release...

Okay, just wondered why you waste half of your memory since 32 bit systems can only adress up to 4GB of RAM.....

• Like 1

Okay, just wondered why you waste half of your memory since 32 bit systems can only adress up to 4GB of RAM.....

your question is legitim :D

thank you for info man!!... :(

I had that problem before as well. Happened on a certain server but always happens on exiting the game.

It just sucks because when the game "crashes" it does not save the graphic preference. Just an inconvenience to go back and change it every time....

I had that problem before as well. Happened on a certain server but always happens on exiting the game.

It just sucks because when the game "crashes" it does not save the graphic preference. Just an inconvenience to go back and change it every time....

My settings are ok, have you tried setting them, exiting and then starting for actuall gaming with the settings you want already stored? Or does it mess them up? If so, maybe you can make a copy of working settings and make the used ones unchangable in your documents folder?

Joining servers to find your legs broken, then die.

Happened to me at least 3 times yesterday.

This keeps happening to me too. Worked for 4 days and escaped many kos'ers just to have a server reset or disconnect or something. Joined back in and BAM dead with broken legs for no reason. Fully geared. I wish I had the luck of the game running smoothly like some because since this last update my playing experience has been horrible.

:(

Edited by CrystalGrimm

This keeps happening to me too. Worked for 4 days and escaped many kos'ers just to have a server reset or disconnect or something. Joined back in and BAM dead with broken legs for no reason. Fully geared. I wish I had the luck of the game running smoothly like some because since this last update my playing experience has been horrible.

:(

You were possibly killed while being disconnected, and you saw the result when you logged back in. A few days ago I saw someone making server hopping at a military base. He went hiding behind a bush, so I waited a few seconds, then attacked and try to shoot his head. He fell but wasn't dead, I shot in his legs, but he managed to disappear. I don't think he would have enough time to bandage once reconnected, so that's the kind of thing he could expect: broken legs then "you are dead".

YO :)

1. Can someone confirm if walki talkies are available and working?

2. How does rain effect you? (I only get messages of getting wet)

Not yet - I guess in the future you will get sick if you´re out in the rain for too long. Somewhere I read that your cloths will take damage, but that was just false information, I hope. Rain can never be that acid that it melts your cloths right off your body :D

• Like 2

Not yet - I guess in the future you will get sick if you´re out in the rain for too long. Somewhere I read that your cloths will take damage, but that was just false information, I hope. Rain can never be that acid that it melts your cloths right off your body :D

thank you for info chief :)

Yes I got one. I can switch stations, but I didn't tried it with other people.

• Like 1

Yes I got one. I can switch stations, but I didn't tried it with other people.

thanks for info master :)

That is what I understood and as I explained, when you select from your quick select bar or something else from your inventory into your hands the second primary will drop to the ground. Making the point that if it disappears, then it has dropped to the ground and can sometimes travel in mysterious funky ways to the next floor inside buildings. 

In my recent experience, it's not when you place something else in your hands that the primary drops to the ground. It's when you put that (second) thing away that the primary disappears... Lost a scoped Mosin that way the other day when I consulted my compass and then jogged on a little forgetfully.

Alright, so there seems to be a bug that I'm sure you staff know about, but it's pretty serious, and it's extremely annoying to most DayZ Standalone Alpha players. - Anytime a server restarts/you leave a game, your entire DayZ client will hard crash from steam, and you have to re-open it. Now a few times all of my settings weren't saved, and I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but it might. The first few times this happened to me, my settings were reset. More recently it hasn't been happening. I just wanted to inform you in-case you didn't know, and as always, Happy Hunting!  :)

Also, another glitch that you might be aware of - 

In my recent experience, it's not when you place something else in your hands that the primary drops to the ground. It's when you put that (second) thing away that the primary disappears... Lost a scoped Mosin that way the other day when I consulted my compass and then jogged on a little forgetfully.

is this. Now, what seems to be happening, is whenever you drop an item, and you have desync, or lag, your item seems to drop next to a wall somewhere that you've been in a room of the building you are currently in. 

If you just left a building it'll be somewhere on the outside, or next to a wall inside of the building you were just recently in. 

I hope this helps, and Happy Hunting! :)

• Like 1

YO :)

Rain will add to you getting cold that is all being wet and cold does not make you sick nor increase the risk. Also I don't know how much cold/temperatures are implemented so right now rain might not do much of anything. Rain may also damage clothing in the future in the way of making them able to take more damage that is my personal assumption.

Walkie talkies have been in the game and working for a while now a long long while.

Rain will add to you getting cold that is all being wet and cold does not make you sick nor increase the risk. Also I don't know how much cold/temperatures are implemented so right now rain might not do much of anything. 

Actually poor weather condition does have an impact on our health, they are not a significant factor, but not a negligible one either. Also rain does not contribute to clothing damage. 

Edited by General Zod

Where do you find 556 silencers and long range scopes now?

Also, it doesn't look like grenades spawn at the NWAF?

I'm having no luck

Edited by P0rkchop

Where do you find 556 silencers and long range scopes now?

Also, it doesn't look like grenades spawn at the NWAF?

I'm having no luck

556 + M4 anything and nades (M67 and flash) all spawn at heli crashes. Which may or maynot be bugged atm. A theory is that the random spawns are conflicting with random police car spawns 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29pa7s/helicopter_crash_sites_not_spawning_on_stable/cinkgrs

I've seen Long range scopes in industrial garages. The red doors that linkup side by side. 

Actually poor weather condition does have an impact on our health, they are not a significant factor, but not a negligible one either. Also rain does not contribute to clothing damage. 

You said the same exact thing I said, I said that it can harm your health via the cold we don't know how much it affects you but its not detrimental. Since disease, sickness, and immune system are not fully in game it does not make you sick. Also I never said it damaged clothing what I said was maybe in the future it might my assumption is it will increase the damage that is all just my speculation on the future. Please read and understand what you read before repeating me thank you.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

556 + M4 anything and nades (M67 and flash) all spawn at heli crashes. Which may or maynot be bugged atm. A theory is that the random spawns are conflicting with random police car spawns 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29pa7s/helicopter_crash_sites_not_spawning_on_stable/cinkgrs

I've seen Long range scopes in industrial garages. The red doors that linkup side by side. 

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. 

Off the top of my head I'm not sure which garage has the red doors but I'll keep an eye

Is there a point in having 30rnds AKM magazines instead of 75? 

Edited by Karakoz