nexventor

DayZ moving to new engine - ENFUSION

Next step, 2 years later:

"We realized that we actually can't make the game we origanaly wanted so we're closing the project"

• Like 6

Next step, 2 years later:

"We realized that we actually can't make the game we origanaly wanted so we're closing the project"

....and I've gotten enough game time to learn 3 languages.

• Like 1

New engine huh.

Hope they retain the feeling of the current engine.

Meaning vast render distances and huge vistas. Being able to render players at 3000m needs to stay without it dayz isnt dayz.

Without dayz feeling like arma its no longer dayz.

Well I am hopeful , lets just hope with the new engine dayz just doesnt end up being yet another arcade zombie game.

• Like 2

New engine huh.

Hope they retain the feeling of the current engine.

Meaning vast render distances and huge vistas. Being able to render players at 3000m needs to stay without it dayz isnt dayz.

Without dayz feeling like arma its no longer dayz.

Well I am hopeful , lets just hope with the new engine dayz just doesnt end up being yet another arcade zombie game.

well i totally hope they lose the Arma feel, because that is a horrible, clunky mess. But sadly im pretty sure that it will remain arma-ish.

that said, i am with Kyrah on the assessment of this statement.

• Like 1

If it can be done in a modular fashion over time then it's not a new engine in the sense that you were suggesting. That would require a scrap everything and start again approach, as was more than likely pointed out to you in the aforementioned topic.

And if it cant, and they have to use another whole new engine. It has been done before, why cant it be done now?

So now what, is there a point in playing standalone anymore? Is it going to be a whole new download? Or do we just get our money back

No, no and no. In that order.

• Like 4

Is this real life?!?!?!  So they are actually still planning on doing something!!  Woot Woot!!

lol..like they dident do anything recently.... :rolleyes:

Is it going to be a whole new download? Or do we just get our money back

Why dont you just leave ? It could be so easy...uninstall dayZ and dont look back...

As on OT:

We kinda knew that dident we. Rippicng out parts and implement other parts ect. ect. Altho it makes for a good Headline for E3 News.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

It's not a brand new engine, they're talking about the one they've been working on this entire time.

Rocket is just bad at clarifying things/people just get too hyped up.

• Like 2

Perfect timing for Sony to release h1z1 now, from marketing point of view. I can see Smedley or whatever his name is using this to his advantage

well i totally hope they lose the Arma feel, because that is a horrible, clunky mess. But sadly im pretty sure that it will remain arma-ish.

that said, i am with Kyrah on the assessment of this statement.

If it loses the arma feel it will just be a shitty twitch shooter.

The arma feel is the only thing that makes dayz special.

Realism + Mil sim = what makes dayz stand out.

If they go for a pure arcade zombie game with dayz it will suck compared to the competition.

On topic however this news is great.

Makes me excited and I think of it as a fresh start for dayz which is good cause Stand Alone was heading towards shit valley, just about every new thing added in standalone has been crappy.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 4

If it loses the arma feel it will just be a shitty twitch shooter.

The arma feel is the only thing that makes dayz special.

Realism + Mil sim = what makes dayz stand out.

If they go for a pure arcade zombie game with dayz it will suck compared to the competition.

On topic however this news is great.

Makes me excited and I think of it as a fresh start for dayz which is good cause Stand Alone was heading towards shit valley, just about every new thing added in standalone has been crappy.

Why would it be arcade, they are changing engine not the game. It will still be dayz the way it is, with hopefully faster updates.

They finally fixed the terrible arma doors

i truly hope so

So when i made a topic to go to a new engine, i was ridiculed by fanboys even forum mods. I think i deserve an apology

what people think they deserve and what they actual deserve is often very different.

dun dun DUN!

ya cant wait to see what happens next

So did I but I checked the sources and it is legit

yup, exciting hope they get it right

Yeah because it's unreasonable. Frankly until i see the actual "new engine" i'll sort this in the "PR talk for computer illiterates" folder.

hmm, ok 

this line pretty much says it all:

Rocket: It will kind of come in a modular fashion over time.

lets hope it all goes smoothly

It's not a brand new engine, they're talking about the one they've been working on this entire time.

lol ya they could use a lesson is clarity

forever alpha

....i hope not

Hopefully this improvement to the engine will bear fruit. 

that would be good, if not a multi million dollar company will have essentially just committed suicide 

They dont CHANGE the engine per se....

here have a read:     http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/27ufa1/rgames_rdayz_ama_with_rocket_dayz_is_moving_to_a/

"Rocket: So that is what we have been doing over the last three months. It is one of the reasons that development had seemed like it had slowed. The studio is now about 160 people we had a team building event last weekend. It is kind of crazy to see everyone in one spot. I guess the big news that we’ve been telling here at E3 is that we’re actually moving to a new engine. It is called infusion. So that is going to allow us to do DirectX 10 and 11. It is going to allow us to do dynamic lighting, which means no more flashlights going through walls, proper dynamic shadows, stuff like that. So it really kind of opens a lot of possibilities for us and I think it is going to allow us to deal will a lot of those issues. We had to decide, did we want to do a lot of little short term fixes or did we want to focus on the architecture. Given the success of the early access we felt like we really had to invest in the future."

I hope he is just talking about the rendering engine change that was previously announced and not a complete engine rewrite.

He is. It's not a "new" engine. It's the same old DayZ engine with all the fancy improvements. (Render being ripped out, the physx, ect) It just has a name now.

Is this going to help with a console release?

I am worried about this project in a big way.  From the start we were told this and that, but to me the project just seems to be getting more complicated and bigger by the month.

2vcdkx3.jpg

Hmm... Hopefully the game works better after that. I'm tired on playing with very bad graphics and low FPS.

f*cking hate twitter and whole idea of it!!

• Like 1

I can't speak for BI, but I believe this is a case of so many changes have been made to the engine since it was originally branched from TOH, that it makes sense to give the project its own name / label, thus 'infusion'.

Edited by shinkicker
  • Like 4

about time they done this, I love arma but everybody knew that it was the wrong engine for dayz. Just a shame it took em 2 years for the penny to drop

about time they done this, I love arma but everybody knew that it was the wrong engine for dayz. Just a shame it took em 2 years for the penny to drop

It's still going to be the same engine, they're just porting a lot of other things into it and messing around with it some more.

• Like 1