SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Seriously dude, first of all the game is nothing like Arma 2 Dayz Mod, its much better even in alpha. They are trying as hard as they can. Do you want them to release a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished materials. They told you that this game is in ALPHA. If you cant handle it then don't buy it!

'its much better even in alpha' (in regards to the Arma 2 Dayz Mod). My God what did I just read?

'Do you want them to release a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished materials?' They already have released a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished material. 

They already have released a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished material. 

No, they gave us early access to a project with alpha status. It is not a game yet, although it is playable. At this moment we are merely beta tester than gamer. I am aware of this fact and if I can contribute any help to speed up development, I will do so. But all I can do, is giving usage data, if there is any collected, and watch for bugs. I do not have any knowledge about the code, the engine and any mechanic that controls the KI in use, like most, if not all, of the users in this forum.

No, they gave us early access to a project with alpha status. It is not a game yet, although it is playable. At this moment we are merely beta tester than gamer. I am aware of this fact and if I can contribute any help to speed up development, I will do so. But all I can do, is giving usage data, if there is any collected, and watch for bugs. I do not have any knowledge about the code, the engine and any mechanic that controls the KI in use, like most, if not all, of the users in this forum.

Dont waste precious characters on someone talking about unfinished material in an alpha.

You dont have to defend anything like a blind fanboy, but complaining about things beiing unfinished in an alpha is just a new level of stupidity.

Most of the complainers in here have the same issue as the loudest voices in the Star Citzen Arena Commander forum right now.  They need to realize that emotionally investing into anything that doesn't serve a purpose beyond entertainment is ridiculous. If this is you, evaluate your life, or lack thereof. It is a GAME. Won't feed or clothe you or anyone except for the developers who are selling it.So if anyone should give a shit about the outcome, it will be them.

Everything a human does besides survive is based around entertainment. Entertainment is almost all a conscious being knows. Your apparent lack of understanding about human experience is ridiculous.

'its much better even in alpha' (in regards to the Arma 2 Dayz Mod). My God what did I just read?

'Do you want them to release a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished materials?' They already have released a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished material. 

Dude I played the mod and it is slow, horrible graphics, quirky and so on. The SA is good for an alpha. And they did not release it, they gave you a chance to test the game in its earliest stage. As I said, if you cant handle the bugs and issues that they warned you about and told not to buy it if you cannot handle it, don't freaken buy the game. Go back to the Mod then, and stop being Butt hurt.

I like reading the "When will it be released" It really makes me laugh. Its a loaded question. Almost like when a  wife / girlfriend asks if shes skinnier then before. Any answer will get a bad reaction. Its better to just shut up and let it happen  :)

• Like 3

Dont waste precious characters on someone talking about unfinished material in an alpha.

You dont have to defend anything like a blind fanboy, but complaining about things beiing unfinished in an alpha is just a new level of stupidity.

I am not a blind fanboy, but a realist. Yet you are perfectly right about the wasting part. :)

Edited by umberfive

Well, it's Wednesday. Maybe it'll release with scheduled maintenance, hopefully.

Well here comes some good news. Rocket wrote on tweeter ''Rubber banding issue confirmed fixed in internal. Now planning deployment to exp to confirm then onto stable #dayz''

and then he tweeted this ''Going to be exciting to finally get 0.45 onto stable''
@@rocket2guns

Edited by siIent killer

Well here comes some good news. Rocket wrote on tweeter ''Rubber banding issue confirmed fixed in internal. Now planning deployment to exp to confirm then onto stable #dayz''

and then he tweeted this ''Going to be exciting to finally get 0.45 onto stable''

@@rocket2guns

Soon ™

• Like 1

Fix for rubber banding going to Exp on Sat the 14th. Info is out there if people really want to know it.

Patch .45 going to stable on Wednesday may be a possibility. I am hopeful but I'd rather it work than not and will wait until it's ready.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/27wqog/any_updates_on_when_the_dsync_will_be_fixed_on/ci57bva

Edited by R.Neville

Could they develop a game any slower? I don't think so.... warz had faster updates than this.

Fix to Exp. pushed back until Monday.

I can say, I was on Exp yesterday morning for about an hour, I got only one instance of rubber banding and it was brief. I was intentionally trying to make it rubber band as well.

Ok rant time, sorry if this goes against forum rules but I have to say this. DayZ has a TERRIBLE update cycle, its really bad. H1Z1 is another game like dayz but already has base building, cars, and will be free to play and its in pre alpha. Sure its made by sony online and they have all the money in the world and likely a bigger dev team (even though dayz has 130 person dev team or something like that). If DayZ wants to call its self the best zombie game ever they HAVE to back it up with a dev team. What the fuck have 130 people been doing for 2 months and can't even fix rubber banding, like actually what the fuck? minecraft had a smaller dev team and didn't have any bugs that made the game unplayable for the most part in alpha.

Secondly why have they gone against EVERYTHING the community has said and added hunting? who the fuck wanted hunting? We all wanted cars and base building so work on that and not hunting for gods sake. Sure hunting is something that needs to be in the final game and should be looked at quickly but, we can't even get someone to walk out of a house with out rubber banding and random deaths so how the hell are we going to get a car or truck going 80 mph and not get rubber banding, glitches, random deaths, and much more. Cars will take at least 5 months to properly debug at this point.

/rant

• Like 4

Ok rant time, sorry if this goes against forum rules but I have to say this. DayZ has a TERRIBLE update cycle, its really bad. H1Z1 is another game like dayz but already has base building, cars, and will be free to play and its in pre alpha. Sure its made by sony online and they have all the money in the world and likely a bigger dev team (even though dayz has 130 person dev team or something like that). If DayZ wants to call its self the best zombie game ever they HAVE to back it up with a dev team. What the fuck have 130 people been doing for 2 months and can't even fix rubber banding, like actually what the fuck? minecraft had a smaller dev team and didn't have any bugs that made the game unplayable for the most part in alpha.

Secondly why have they gone against EVERYTHING the community has said and added hunting? who the fuck wanted hunting? We all wanted cars and base building so work on that and not hunting for gods sake. Sure hunting is something that needs to be in the final game and should be looked at quickly but, we can't even get someone to walk out of a house with out rubber banding and random deaths so how the hell are we going to get a car or truck going 80 mph and not get rubber banding, glitches, random deaths, and much more. Cars will take at least 5 months to properly debug at this point.

/rant

Rant or not, getting facts at least half right may help you not look like a complete fool.

At least I got a laugh out of how much of an asinine post it was.  :beans:

Could they develop a game any slower? I don't think so.... warz had faster updates than this.

Warz also sucks, id rather Dayz didnt - great games take time, like aging whiskey - Warz is charcoal filtered vodka in a plastic jug..nuff said

• Like 2

will be free to play

that killed it with a double tap to the head...NOTHING is free. You think they take the time & effort & $ just to creat a game for free. I have played FTP games & they were FAR from free.

Edited by Silence4all
  • Like 3

that killed it with a double tap to the head...NOTHING is free. You think they take the time & effort & $ just to creat a game for free. I have played FTP games & they were FAR from free.

They've already been clear on that part, they are selling cosmetic items only. My guess is they're relying on the 19.99 USD payoff for EA and increases to SoE Pass subs

• Like 1

Rant or not, getting facts at least half right may help you not look like a complete fool.

At least I got a laugh out of how much of an asinine post it was.  :beans:

How about trying to explain how im wrong instead of just stating that I am.

/rant

just because of your post - you made the whole forum stupider. shame on you. <_<

• Like 1

They are pretty average actually it doesnt mean you see that the game developping slowly that it is, they are changing the whole game engine as long as it doesnt come out you wont see a change but they are working hard on that and it will take a lot of time, they are alot in Bohemia Interactive its not like they are 5, now stop complaining and wait till its out, its still in alpha and their priorities are not to fix zombies completly or add cars, its to fix internal stuff first then they'll focus on other stuff

I hope it's going to work out fine Monday, then we get it on stable by friday. Meanwhile

3ksr7jm.png

Secondly why have they gone against EVERYTHING the community has said and added hunting? who the fuck wanted hunting? We all wanted cars and base building so work on that and not hunting for gods sake. 

Im not sure we have read the same forums.

I think hunting has had mostly positive feedback and vehicles kinda split people in two groups, theres no consensus on that matter.

And when you really think about it, which one is more essential to the gameplay? Adding cars so slackers can get from A to B faster, or adding survival elements like hunting?

Im not saying cars are bad, but really dude, your post made no sense.

• Like 3

/rant

Holy stupid batman this guy takes the cake!