Grimey Rick

EDITED - PETITION: Should a sound be made when we log on and off?

285 members have voted

1. 1. Should a sound be made when logging on/off?

• Yay!
    • Nay!

Those that don't want a Sound while login are those that want to server hopping, including inside military base, to avoid being spotted.

This game must force people to logout of point of interests, on safe places. Not the contrary for profit.

I'm sad that so many voted no. You do are all Glitch abusers! And here I stop myself before offending someone.

It's no balanced.

Devs should sometime filter all shitty suggestion came out from the mouth of whining kids that are good only to server hopping on low populated servers and on danger zones. Or log off in a danger zone from an empty server and then log in in the same place on a populated server, maibe in group, and starting to kill on sight. Ah...so smart! You do log in on the place where do you want to kill because ifyou want to approach to it through a populated server you do already know that you will be shot! Ah so smart! Isn't this server hopping and glitch abuse?

With this i does not mean that everyone here is a kid, but most of the times i do play on voice chat i do hear childrens no more than 14 years old. With this i do hope most of the suggestions and vote won't came from those people.

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

Then why didn't I make a post pertaining to its inclusion as a "bug" during the five months it was in the game if it was so detrimental? Like I said, I've never been killed while logging in. It's not a difficult concept.

Congratulations, your assumptions were all incorrect.

How can they be incorrect if they have never happened?

Those that don't want a Sound while login are those that want to server hopping, including inside military base, to avoid being spotted.

This game must force people to logout of point of interests, on safe places. Not the contrary for profit.

I'm sad that so many voted no. You do are all Glitch abusers! And here I stop myself before offending someone.

It's no balanced.

Devs should sometime filter all shitty suggestion came out from the mouth of whining kids that are good only to server hopping on low populated servers and on danger zones. Or log off in a danger zone from an empty server and then log in in the same place on a populated server, maibe in group, and starting to kill on sight. Ah...so smart! You do log in on the place where do you want to kill because ifyou want to approach to it through a populated server you do already know that you will be shot! Ah so smart! Isn't this server hopping and glitch abuse?

With this i does not mean that everyone here is a kid, but most of the times i do play on voice chat i do hear childrens no more than 14 years old. With this i do hope most of the suggestions and vote won't came from those people.

So the people that wanted and got a glitch removed from the game are "glitch abusers"? The only times this glitch was abused was when people heard someone logging on around them and they instantly knew that someone was very near to them. While the person logging in has no knowledge of their surroundings.

It's no balanced.

Assume much? =/ Look at the poll. It states reload sounds. I say nay to those. However, using a different sound is something I don't mind per se. A few things have already been suggested here (yawn for example).

• Like 1

How can they be incorrect if they have never happened?

Weak comeback is weak.

So the people that wanted and got a glitch removed from the game are "glitch abusers"? The only times this glitch was abused was when people heard someone logging on around them and they instantly knew that someone was very near to them. While the person logging in has no knowledge of their surroundings.

This "glitch" added solid game mechanics. Sometimes that is the case during alpha/beta testing. It is especially the case here. You wouldn't have the problem of someone knowing where you are upon logging in if you logged off in a secluded area, sounds or not. You wouldn't go to sleep in a military base.

Assume much? =/ Look at the poll. It states reload sounds. I say nay to those. However, using a different sound is something I don't mind per se. A few things have already been suggested here (yawn for example).

I am going to edit the thread title and poll options. I am just looking for a sound in general to be made upon logging on/off. A yawn is perfect and seems to be the generally accepted idea thus far.

• Like 1

Weak comeback is weak.

This "glitch" added solid game mechanics. Sometimes that is the case during alpha/beta testing. It is especially the case here. You wouldn't have the problem of someone knowing where you are upon logging in if you logged off in a secluded area, sounds or not. You wouldn't go to sleep in a military base.

I am going to edit the thread title and poll options. I am just looking for a sound in general to be made upon logging on/off. A yawn is perfect and seems to be the generally accepted idea thus far.

As weak as my "comeback" might be, it doesn't change the fact that it is true.

And for logging off in a secluded area. What about the people that don't have all day to play like you do. The people that only have an hour or two to play at a time. why should they have to waste time running to and from an area every time they want to play? And what about when the server you're on goes down without any warning?

Why not go to sleep in a military base? Why not go to sleep in a house or an apartment?

Also, why do you want this changed so bad when it never negatively affected you? The only experience you shared was one that would have most likely gotten you killed if the sound was still there.

I don't care if the person log in has no knowledge about what surround him. You want to log off? Log out on the woods, then approach to the town by walking it, not just by spawning. If you die you could find a better place!

Hell what i'm forced to read!

• Like 1

And for logging off in a secluded area. What about the people that don't have all day to play like you do. The people that only have an hour or two to play at a time. why should they have to waste time running to and from an area every time they want to play? And what about when the server you're on goes down without any warning?

Why not go to sleep in a military base? Why not go to sleep in a house or an apartment?

Also, why do you want this changed so bad when it never negatively affected you? The only experience you shared was one that would have most likely gotten you killed if the sound was still there.

Really? You don't have thirty extra seconds to run to a line of trees away from contested buildings at the end of your play session? Really?

If the server goes down, then everybody disconnects. As long as you reconnect immediately, you're no worse off than you were before it went down. No one is going to be setting up camp all around your perimeter waiting for to you reconnect unless they were already there, in which case, duh, don't reconnect. A sound isn't going to save you in either case in this situation.

You might go to sleep inside of a military base or apartment if this were real life, but it isn't. Since it's not real life, the easiest way to avoid deaths is to simply run to some trees before you log out. Fairly straightforward.

If you had've read my posts, you'd already know the answer to your last question. I've been killed several times now from behind by people who happened to log in inside of a building I was defending.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

Man because you do not have time to play this does not legitimate you to glicth out easily. If you can't play the game because you are out of time it is an your own business. This should not comprimise the balance of the game because of the social problems of the others! wtf?!

I played for years at MMORPG, and once i did not had time anymore to group and raid i did abandoned them, not asked for adapting the game for mature persons with a life. This is your own business, i do also have my life but i don't ask the other to adapt my interests for it.

If i can't play enough, i play less...that's simple! When did they made ARMA 2 do you think they taken in consideration things that might meet the tastes of COD fans? The game is a realtic, or quite so! It can't add arcade stuff that might compromise the balance.

With  my squad of 5 people (1 blaze, 1 sks and 3 m4) we camped on one of the big buildings on berezino:

2 spawned inside, and killed 2 of us

other 2 spawned outside on the other roof and did the same.

Only 1 surived on a fight 5v4 where we were looking all directions! ....do you think on real life people will spawn inside a building like Spok is teleporting Kirk from the Enterprise?

Nope

So this game takes you too much hours? Your business! It's a paradox that it is more silent to spawn behind someone instead of sneak him behind slowly! Who successfuly reach a Goal through REAL EFFORTS MUST BE REWARDED. Not the contrary! No excuses

Who defend is always previligiated, not the contrary

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

Damn Rick, you feeling ok?  That';s twice you've given me beans :P

Curses, all along I thought I'd been giving beans to Caboose186.

• Like 1

Man because you do not have time to play this does not legitimate you to glicth out easily. If you can't play the game because you are out of time it is an your own business. This should not comprimise the balance of the game because of the social problems of the others! wtf?!

I played for years at MMORPG, and once i did not had time anymore to group and raid i did abandoned them, not asked for adapting the game for mature persons with a life. This is your own business, i do also have my life but i don't ask the other to adapt my interests for it.

If i can't play enough, i play less...that's simple! When did they made ARMA 2 do you think they taken in consideration things that might meet the tastes of COD fans? The game is a realtic, or quite so! It can't add arcade stuff that might compromise the balance.

With  my squad of 5 people (1 blaze, 1 sks and 3 m4) we camped on one of the big buildings on berezino:

2 spawned inside, and killed 2 of us

other 2 spawned outside on the other roof and did the same.

Only 1 surived on a fight 5v4 where we were looking all directions! ....do you think on real life people will spawn inside a building like Spok is teleporting Kirk from the Enterprise?

Nope

So this game takes you too much hours? Your business! It's a paradox that it is more silent to spawn behind someone instead of sneak him behind slowly! Who successfuly reach a Goal through REAL EFFORTS MUST BE REWARDED. Not the contrary! No excuses

Who defend is always previligiated, not the contrary

The only GLITCH with the reloading sound, was the damn sound itself. It was never meant to be in the game.

And ill just let what has been FIXED with the game and your poll results speak the rest...

The only GLITCH with the reloading sound, was the damn sound itself. It was never meant to be in the game.

And ill just let what has been FIXED with the game and your poll results speak the rest...

Try re-reading the posts and comprehend what people are saying.  Initially the poll was about the reload sound.  Now it's about adding some sort of notification to alert players of someone logging into their location.  Sorry if it will destroy your server hopping but that itself is a stupid feature and should be removed.

Or what about that you can not log off in towns or structures in general?

Hm on the other hand, people would just alt+F4 anyway, so that would not help much.

Still I like the idea of not being able to log off in military areas atleast.

I was thinking the same thing a couple of hours ago. There is no good reason to log out inside a building, the only time it seems to happen is when someone is ghosting, loot farming or combat logging.

I'm not sure how you could stop people from alt+ f4ing, maybe an increased de-spawn timer or you get teleported outside in front of the building. 

Edited by ww THE TODD ww
  • Like 1

Try re-reading the posts and comprehend what people are saying.  Initially the poll was about the reload sound.  Now it's about adding some sort of notification to alert players of someone logging into their location.  Sorry if it will destroy your server hopping but that itself is a stupid feature and should be removed.

I honestly don't care what sound people want to be put in when people log on, what I am against is a sound period.

People should be aware of their surroundings. There is no difference between someone logging into a room next to you, running out guns blazing and someone running into the building you are in guns blazing or even someone with their gun on the door of the building you are entering ready to shoot the second the door opens. Their are many things in this game that can and will catch you off guard. But people logging in shouldn't be unfairly caught off guard by someone killing them or pointing a gun at them without being able to even act, unless the person that is logging in is in view of another player.

Oh yeah, and for server hopping, it does ruin the game. I enjoy gearing up and exploring more than anything in this game.

(it's very rare to hang at the "Please wait..." screen) 

I'm not even talking about the please wait screen, your character is in game before your screen fully loads regardless of if you get that screen or not.  Get a friend and test it out some time.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's after the "please wait" screen.

It's only a few seconds, but some times that's all it takes.

I'm not opposed to a sound for logging in, I already suggested the Yawn for both scenarios.  All I was saying is that I think it's far more useful for people logging out (to stop combat logging) than it is for people logging in, because as I've said I think there's already plenty of risk involved with logging into a hostile area.

I don't see how it's exploiting to log out in a high risk place in the hopes of logging in on some one, you have to log out some where regardless.  It's not like ghosting where you know there's going to be some one.  And again, you're pretty much fucked if anyone is paying attention.

To be fair, both scenarios are sorta similar.  If you combat log there's an even longer period of your character staying in the game.  However, I think combat logging is more of a pussy way out, and logging out in a high risk area is pretty much the opposite, and a more ballsy thing to do.  

Again though, I've already suggested it be for both and don't really care either way.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

I honestly don't care what sound people want to be put in when people log on, what I am against is a sound period.

People should be aware of their surroundings. There is no difference between someone logging into a room next to you, running out guns blazing and someone running into the building you are in guns blazing or even someone with their gun on the door of the building you are entering ready to shoot the second the door opens. Their are many things in this game that can and will catch you off guard. But people logging in shouldn't be unfairly caught off guard by someone killing them or pointing a gun at them without being able to even act, unless the person that is logging in is in view of another player.

Oh yeah, and for server hopping, it does ruin the game. I enjoy gearing up and exploring more than anything in this game.

Man....when you want to logout you are going to do it IN A SAFE PLACE! Because any guide on youtube will tell you that!

I've killed guys in military base were server hopping, and also in Pubs in town....right in the builiding they wanted for!

Results? They died!

And why? Because they are such idiots

And you? You deserve the same end!

Watch around surroundings bla bla bla...all excuses. A player moving onestly all around the same server and play well without glitch out must be rewarded. Not like those kids that move on an empty server where they want to and then they COUNTER SNIPE you in the building they desire 200m far away, or in your same building with different floor!

And with no sounds? Oh great.....let's go play Star Trek online then! Teleporting guys everywhere! You sucessfuly reach a building and camping on 4-5 each floor and bang! whats up? One spawned right on your building! And maibe even without moving he looks around with 0 cache and inform other guys how many there are inside!

Do you know that an Italian clan i know with over 15 members have SPOTTER ACCOUNT? The spotter account is steam account that have only DAYZ as game. The game has been payed by all members (1,50 euros each person) . This account is made to scan high populate territories and watch where people are camping and how many. Also server Hopping, to have a clear vision also through ZERO CHACE fresh game, to look around and count clearly how many are inside a building!

How do i know these things? One of my friend is in that clan.

Saying things like votes says that all, it doesn't mean that a thing isn't still umbalanced, because also those quite 40 votes are the dimonstration that still something wrong, it's not a mature thing to say.

And the words: "Oh yeah, and for server hopping, it does ruin the game. I enjoy gearing up and exploring more than anything in this game", says everything about you and many other people that represents along with the cheaters, how much easy it is to demolish a good game experience with a great potential.

Loser...

Edited by Inception.

Current state, Yes, because people can server hope to high loot locations.

If they fix that by making players spawn outside randomly, then no

Actually, since someone suggested changing the poll from a reload sound effect to any sound effect in general (e.g: a yawning sound effect) when players log on, the people voting for a sound has been catching up. I wish I'd thought a little bit more about it before I posted the poll. :T

Oh well. At the end of the day adding a subtle sound effect wouldn't hurt anyone except those who were:

• Server hopping
  • Taking "risks" to get kills by logging on in a contested building (in StarCraft II we refer to such tactics as "cheese")
  • People too lazy to insure the safety of their character upon logging out

It wouldn't hurt you in most cases of a server restarting as you could simply reconnect and be in the same position you were before. Remember, everyone else also has to reconnect after a server restart. It's not like they have some magical internet that allows them to remain connected to a server that's gone offline momentarily.

If you were surrounded in a building before the server went offline then you'd obviously not want to reconnect to the same server. But, by the logic of those advocating against the suggested log on sound effect, I guess you guys would march right back into said server with your chests puffed out because you're the type of people who take "risks"! Right? (;

• Like 2

People like to bitch about these types of things. But the truth is that you should not be logging out in a bad spot in the first place..

Some sound should be added back. This only helps the game to get rid of some of the loot hoarders. 

If you're not okay with this then you're probably one of those.

Edited by DannyRed
  • Like 1

[*]People too lazy to insure the safety of their character upon logging out.

Lol that's me pretty much although the endless running does kinda wear me out. Also i changed my vote to Yay. The idea of some sort of indicator is great (as long as the radius of it isn't HUUUGE or anything.). The reloading sounds scared the shit out of me everytime i spawned before so i didn't want that back xD.

There is when you just cleared that room 10 seconds ago.

• Like 4

Actually, since someone suggested changing the poll from a reload sound effect to any sound effect in general (e.g: a yawning sound effect) when players log on, the people voting for a sound has been catching up. I wish I'd thought a little bit more about it before I posted the poll. :T

Oh well. At the end of the day adding a subtle sound effect wouldn't hurt anyone except those who were:

• Server hopping
  • Taking "risks" to get kills by logging on in a contested building (in StarCraft II we refer to such tactics as "cheese")
  • People too lazy to insure the safety of their character upon logging out

It wouldn't hurt you in most cases of a server restarting as you could simply reconnect and be in the same position you were before. Remember, everyone else also has to reconnect after a server restart. It's not like they have some magical internet that allows them to remain connected to a server that's gone offline momentarily.

If you were surrounded in a building before the server went offline then you'd obviously not want to reconnect to the same server. But, by the logic of those advocating against the suggested log on sound effect, I guess you guys would march right back into said server with your chests puffed out because you're the type of people who take "risks"! Right? (;

Man i'm up with you. you can try out to make another feedback as i did in the past weeks. If you do really get around 40 votes, you might receive the same there! ;)

A ticket/report/feedback has more sense than this topic. You can link the feedback through this topic.

What devs should do is to make logging in and out in military building and areas forbidden. That's it.  Also I'd go as far as ban log out in all buildings.