Ozelot (DayZ)

Isn't "DayZ" quite possibly the dumbest name ever?

Correct!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Simplicity:

"Anselm", The Recognitions (1955) by William Gaddis, p. 457; "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" was also used as an early slogan at Apple Computer in 1977 (introduction of the Apple II personal computer), and has also been attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci, but no published occurrence of such an attribution has yet been located prior to one in Wisdom Through the Ages : Book Two (2003) by Helen Granat, p. 225.

I didn't need to retrace the quote origin to know that, because unlike some people on these forums I am a reaaaaaal artist and I know all about Leonardo.

Anything 'quoted' from Da Vinci in the modern age is bull shit, mainly because almost nothing was known about the man, and basically nothing he ever said could ever be retraced... He also spoke Italian, not English. While a lot of his works have survived, no one even knows what he looked like, or what he thought about things. And that time period in history is so far gone that no one can really retrace anything about him. It doesn't help that a lot of things he never actually did have also been attributed to him, mainly because of the mythos and "Genius" mantra everyone tries to wrap around him.

What is known about him was that he was probably a lot like Einstein: Fairly 'normal' but very dedicated and made full use of his natural intelligence.

Edited by Ozelot

I didn't need to retrace the quote origin to know that, because unlike some people on these forums I am a reaaaaaal artist and I know all about Leonardo.

Im doubtful on this unless you actually have pieces of your own work as proof. And even than art is all in the eye of the beholder and is much subject to opinion.

Edited by Deathlove

Im doubtful on this unless you actually have pieces of your own work as proof. And even than art is all in the eye of the beholder and is much subject to opinion.

whatever you wish to believe

My posting that was more a quick nose-thumbing in Steak's direction. Someone who looks remarkably like the erstwhile Leonardo should have known that no such phrase would have passed the formers' hirsute lips.

To Do Today:

• use 'erstwhile' and 'hirsute' in a single sentence in a non-linguistic forum. [Completed]
  • Like 1

whatever you wish to believe

Well belief is in physical proof of what you say. Show me some of your work and ill believe you. Not being mean i just tend to hear this allot from ppl sometimes.

My posting that was more a quick nose-thumbing in Steak's direction. Someone who looks remarkably like the erstwhile Leonardo should have known that no such phrase would have passed the formers' hirsute lips.

To Do Today:

• use 'erstwhile' and 'hirsute' in a single sentence in a non-linguistic forum. [Completed]

He was probably "trolling."

The shorter the better in general in names. I think DayZ describes very well what the game is about. Day Zero was the thing that came first in mind about the mod but the Z could mean as much the "zombies".

Maybe not the best name but far from the dumbest name. I think it's pretty clever name.

• Like 1

How about Day of the Troll?

To damn close to Day Of The Dead. XD

how can somebody call himself ozelot? what a pathetic, unimaginative and boring individual could possibly think that this succession of letters is even remotely justified shitting into a forum ???

what an irrelevant thread.

yet im wasting my time on it. 

Along with 27 others, am i good or what.

"It was a working title. I hated it as a name, despised it. Was only once we got the logo that we all fell in love with it."

-Rocket

• Like 2

Someone has already mentioned but... DayZ (zombie/zed) and day zero of your journey of survival, you know like what is used to say every freaking time you spawned in the mod? Pretty simple really.

no one even knows what he looked like

Those self portraits must really suck. I always knew leonardo wasnt a reeeeeeaaall artist.

L

Edited by kichilron
Fixed looks. <3

It doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with zombies or even is named after a cool zombie movie. No, it is just the word "Day" and then the letter Z at the end. Boooooring..//..

Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ" . It does not sound intimidating or even unique. It seems rather ridiculous to me...//..

How about :

"GrooogBLOOD/SURviVEgarghhSHOOT/STAGGERngarrrrrINTESTINESghaaaa"

- would look good on the collector's edition box

or - could call it "DOOM" ? That's pretty trendy and unridiculous, and explains the game a lot too.

xx

( or Apocazombalypse ? )

( or ἀποκάzombaλυψις ? )

( or..  )

My Little Zombie Survival Game ?

Edited by pilgrim

..//..  unlike some people on these forums I am a reaaaaaal artist and I know all about Leonardo.

..//..

Don't you mean a raaaaaal artist ? (a double-triple A is usually preceeded by no 'e') ?

xx

Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ" if it hadn't been for the mod's fame.

You just answered your own question. Are you here for the beans? No beans here...no no no.

We should call it Infestation Survivor Stories! 

Wait a minute.

• Like 1

Seriously, who came up with that? You cannot blame "Alpha" on this one. It doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with zombies or even is named after a cool zombie movie. No, it is just the word "Day" and then the letter Z at the end. Boooooring.

I mean, when they went standalone was there seriously no thought at all being given to this one simple truth? They could not have thought up something cool instead of something that sounds like a fourteen year old boy's afterthought while naming his livejournal account...?

Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ" if it hadn't been for the mod's fame. It does not sound intimidating or even unique. I really really want to know why no one up to this point ever noticed it and pointed it out. Was it Dean Hall that came up with the name? I am really confused and would like to know the process behind how the name came out. It seems rather ridiculous to me.

at first i thought this post was some kind of not funny joke post, but maybe op is actually serious, i see this topic as totally pointless. op, have you seriously run out of things to complain about? are you for real?

We should call it Infestation Survivor Stories! 

Wait a minute.

We should TOTALLY call it Chicken Tacos. Because it would just make ppl believe there are tacos in the game when there are none to be found! >.>

Still waiting for those homemade Mexican recipes!

• Like 2

at first i thought this post was some kind of not funny joke post, but maybe op is actually serious, i see this topic as totally pointless. op, have you seriously run out of things to complain about? are you for real?

I think she was just totally bat shit board and had nothing better to talk about since everything has already been talked about on the forums lol.

So OP what is your excuse for using "Ozelot", which is just a type of animal as your nickname? You can't blame Alpha on this one. It isn't even intimidating or unique. It seems rather ridiculous and boooooring to me.

Edit: Do you know what opinions are like and that everyone's got one? :p

Edited by weedmasta

So OP what is your excuse for using "Ozelot", which is just a type of animal as your nickname? You can't blame Alpha on this one. It isn't even intimidating or unique. It seems rather ridiculous and boooooring to me.

Edit: Do you know what opinions are like and that everyone's got one? :P

Ocelot.jpg

Personally i think there not boring at all. Very beautiful animals. Id have one as a pet so long as it doesn't bite my face off.

I always took it as a wordplay on D-Day (as in the day on which a combat attack/operation is to be initiated - the term doesn't refer to a specific operation or date), like "the day on which the zombie plague startet" or something along the lines. And I didn't read that somewhere - I always thought it was kinda obvious ...but apparently it is not.