Ozelot (DayZ)

Isn't "DayZ" quite possibly the dumbest name ever?

I find it hilarious Dean even thinks it is a bad name but since it stuck he has kept it. When you think of it as "day zero" it's not bad, but if you consider it "day zombie" yeah... it's bad.

My previous comment about calling it Chicken Tacos is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better. XD

Every time I tell someone to get this game they always think I'm saying "Daisy"

Which makes their reaction like "Nah dude! I'm a man, I won't play a game about flowers."

Except theres no tanks or thousands of ppl dying on a beach as well as tones of military loot lying around. Wheres my damn Springfield and Sherman Tank?!!!

Well there's thousands of people dying on a beach and military loot lying around everywhere.  And some mod servers added tanks, so there you go.

yeah but he had a complicated name.

Not really. The confusions comes from the language. His real name was Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci.

Di Ser Piero means: Son of Piero. Da Vinci means: From Vinci. So really, his name was simply Leonardo.

Da Vinci never said that.

You actually have a case. I had to check this out and considering the only source is from an 2003 publication, I would lean towards you being correct. Obviously, I would have to look deeper at this, but good catch!

• "Anselm", The Recognitions (1955) by William Gaddis, p. 457; "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" was also used as an early slogan at Apple Computer in 1977 (introduction of the Apple II personal computer), and has also been attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci, but no published occurrence of such an attribution has yet been located prior to one in Wisdom Through the Ages : Book Two (2003) by Helen Granat, p. 225.
Edited by Weyland Yutani

What a waste of forum space. Who really cares either way...have we seriously run out of things to moan about?