r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Whether it's Overpoch or dayzmod or any other version of the mod it's not intuitive for the masses to migrate from DayzCommander to the steam versions, especially the steam version newer than 112555.  That's not unique to Overpoch/Epoch since it's evident on how few people play on the steam version greater than 112555 for 1.8.1.

You see, it is. All you have to do is to follow these steps:

• Rightclick ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead
  • Properties
  • Beta
  • Select "Beta -"
  • Close (it will now update)
  • Launch DayZ Mod after it was updated.

You're now in the newest version of ARMA 2 (currently 125548, if I remember correctly). There are no further steps needed and the reason we're providing DayZ Mod over Steam. Everything's on Steam now and the all-in-one-package makes it incredibly easy to use. But only and only if DayZCommander is not in this equation. People seem to think they can still use that. You shouldn't. It's what messes things up. If you launch everything over Steam you will have no problems whatsoever.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 4

We no longer know is dealing with the hive. Matt was our point of contact for hive issues.

The question has been asked to drop the hive. Also who is now dealing with the hive

Waiting on info back.

I will be moving on July 30th.  Hopefully I will be moved into my new home and back online soon and then maybe we can start discussing the setup of a new public hive server if BI will give us the go-ahead.

DayZ Commander updated to include (some) Steam servers!

Didn't see that one coming.

0.9.1.95 (July 25, 2014)

• [Feature] Initial support for Steam based servers
Edited by vinyljunkie

NICE!!!  Will everyone finally update now?  This is great.  Maybe some of the population will come back to the mod.  Now if only the public hive database would come back online!

NICE!!!  Will everyone finally update now?  This is great.  Maybe some of the population will come back to the mod.  Now if only the public hive database would come back online!

A few servers have made the update MGT etc. There are still loads of servers that are on the old patch but i'm sure they will update ASAP as its looking like you cant join non steam version of aram via commander anymore.

Edited by TayTay

I will be pushing out a update of Controlcenter soon that runs the latest beta patch, this will force some hosters to update too. :)

Edited by Squadron_2
  • Like 1

Fantastic!  So tired of being berated and shat upon on Reddit for recommending that people update with Steam or DayZ Launcher.  Seriously, I'm amazed at the hatred that people spew when you point out that they are recommending an outdated process of installing the game.  It's as if you insulted their mother!  Of course now they're going to be throwing it in my face that DZC is up to date.  Whatever, I just want people to be able to play the game.   :blush:

• Like 1

Fantastic!  So tired of being berated and shat upon on Reddit for recommending that people update with Steam or DayZ Launcher.  Seriously, I'm amazed at the hatred that people spew when you point out that they are recommending an outdated process of installing the game.  It's as if you insulted their mother!  Of course now they're going to be throwing it in my face that DZC is up to date.  Whatever, I just want people to be able to play the game.   :blush:

However Steam is still the only way to update to latest beta patch. DayZCommander doesn't seem to have a update option it just check your patch version.

Edited by Squadron_2

US 434 Private Vanilla Dayz Mod - (1.8.1/125548)[VETERAN|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-11][Reboot8x]

US 434 is now on the latest steam version.

However Steam is still the only way to update to latest beta patch. DayZCommander doesn't seem to have a update option it just check your patch version.

Affirmative.  The new DZC update is complete JUNK.  Just adding to the confusion.  This is pathetic.  Is dot_josh trying to sabotage DayZ mod?

US 434 Private Vanilla Dayz Mod - (1.8.1/125548)[VETERAN|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-11][Reboot8x]

I can't find it.

How can I update the ArmA II version? I only find beta108074, beta 112555, and "Test". Why is that?

I can't find it.

How can I update the ArmA II version? I only find beta108074, beta 112555, and "Test". Why is that?

Update via Steam.  Install DayZ mod via Steam.  Connect to 434 by using the multiplayer menu inside the Steam version of DayZ mod.

• Like 1

Update via Steam.  Install DayZ mod via Steam.  Connect to 434 by using the multiplayer menu inside the Steam version of DayZ mod.

Yes I use DayZ via Steam since it came out. But i can't find 125548 beta patch

1.63.125548 is not a beta. It is the release version of the update. Just let steam update ARMA II Operation

Arrowhead and you will have it.

Sorry my OCD kicked in.

From Kichilron's post above.

• Right click ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead
  • Properties
  • Beta
  • Select "Beta -"
  • Close (it will now update)
  • Launch DayZ Mod after it was updated.
Edited by Max Brand

Yes I use DayZ via Steam since it came out. But i can't find 125548 beta patch

Right-click arma2oa in steam and go to the beta tab. Select beta from the dropdownlist.

Did the database reset with the change? Friday morning I logged off alive, and a few minutes ago I got the M/F and Location selection screens upon log in. 

Did the database reset with the change? Friday morning I logged off alive, and a few minutes ago I got the M/F and Location selection screens upon log in.

All players will start fresh with the new beta patch.

Since this is a private server PM and I'll switch the character id with the new one in the database. I'll do yours right now.

Since this is a private server PM and I'll switch the character id with the new one in the database. I'll do yours right now.

Okay it's done for you HavocFive.

• Like 1

Okay I'm pleasantly surprised that a private hive updating to steam 125548 has gotten so many players in less than a day. I'm eating crow and it's delicious.

• Like 1

What the hell is taking so long for 1.8.2?

They passed the first release date because BIS taking to long to get back to them.

They just got a green light for release so now they need to find time to push the update. Since they also have real lifes. Sometime within the next two weeks was posted.