r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

I'm glad that it hasn't been released yet.  Admins and players are FINALLY making the move to the Steam A2OA patch.  Once the smoke clears from that it would be a great time to update.

I'm glad that it hasn't been released yet.  Admins and players are FINALLY making the move to the Steam A2OA patch.  Once the smoke clears from that it would be a great time to update.

Yeah people are moving to the new patch now for sure.. Our server is getting pretty rammed with players :)

Edited by TayTay

All that player activity may have something to do with this ...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

X:\Users\User>ping arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com

Pinging arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com [69.10.30.248] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 69.10.30.248:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

X:\Users\User>

Halle-fecking-lujah!  Somebody has finally put a bullet in the back of GameSpy's dead skull and pushed all the lazy lemmings off the cliff into Steam.

Run the A2OA obsolete beta expansion (if you still have it) and check the "Address:Internet" server browser tab ... it is gloriously empty.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 4

Good news. Jimmy should update his server us3480 to the latest, it would probably generate players.

Edited by Borges

What are the steps to connect to DayZ Vanilla servers? I am finding some in DayZ Commander, but they are grayed out. How do I switch over to launching with steam.

What are the steps to connect to DayZ Vanilla servers? I am finding some in DayZ Commander, but they are grayed out. How do I switch over to launching with steam.

Prequesites

1. Update your DayZ Commander.

2. In the Settings, tick "Play using Steam" (or something similar, dunno by hard)

3. Open Steam - Game Library and right-click on Arma2 OA, --> Properties --> Beta --> Select "beta -"

4. On "Local Files", check your game files for inconsistencies

5. Close and restart Steam, Arma2 OA should now have [beta] behind it in the Game Library

6. Download and install the mod via Steam (search for "DayZ Mod", should be the first in the results)

7. Right-click as you did on Arma2 OA and join the beta for DayZ Mod as well (1.8.1)

8. Restart Steam. DayZ Mod in your Game Library should now have [1.8.1]

Now you should be able to

Connect via Steam:

1. Start the mod by double-clicking "DayZ Mod [1.8.1]" in your Game Library.

2. Have a server IP and port at hand... e.g. 178.77.65.159:2325 (my own server, shameless me)

3. Select Multiplayer --> Remote --> Enter IP and Port... Server should be listed now.

4. Join server by double-clicking it.

Connect via DayZ Commander:

1. Just select a server,  e.g. 178.77.65.159:2325 (my own server, again shameless me)

2. Pray that it works. DayZ Commander is a little buggy for me at the moment, although most people on my server connect via DayZCommander

That´s all I have.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 1

Yeah people are moving to the new patch now for sure.. Our server is getting pretty rammed with players :)

Yep! Hoorray!! Same with me. Finally the sleeper has awakened.

Edited by dayzjarhead

Prequesites

1. Update your DayZ Commander.

2. In the Settings, tick "Play using Steam" (or something similar, dunno by hard)

3. Open Steam - Game Library and right-click on Arma2 OA, --> Properties --> Beta --> Select "beta -"

4. On "Local Files", check your game files for inconsistencies

5. Close and restart Steam, Arma2 OA should now have [beta] behind it in the Game Library

6. Download and install the mod via Steam (search for "DayZ Mod", should be the first in the results)

7. Right-click as you did on Arma2 OA and join the beta for DayZ Mod as well (1.8.1)

8. Restart Steam. DayZ Mod in your Game Library should now have [1.8.1]

Now you should be able to

Connect via Steam:

1. Start the mod by double-clicking "DayZ Mod [1.8.1]" in your Game Library.

2. Have a server IP and port at hand... e.g. 178.77.65.159:2325 (my own server, shameless me)

3. Select Multiplayer --> Remote --> Enter IP and Port... Server should be listed now.

4. Join server by double-clicking it.

Connect via DayZ Commander:

1. Just select a server,  e.g. 178.77.65.159:2325 (my own server, again shameless me)

2. Pray that it works. DayZ Commander is a little buggy for me at the moment, although most people on my server connect via DayZCommander

That´s all I have.

Thx bud. Worked like a charm.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the US 434 as a private hive. Makes it such a big relief that I no longer have the bandit skin. I wish it were the same for the public hive. :(

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the US 434 as a private hive. Makes it such a big relief that I no longer have the bandit skin. I wish it were the same for the public hive. :(

Assuming the hive comes back you won't have the bandit skin since the the game will be using your steam UID (instead of the playerid) and in effect your character will reset. Some people won't like that while others will like to start fresh.

• Like 1

That's the broken Arma beta 112555, not DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Once my server moved on to a newer Arma beta the exhaustion bug was gone.

Just hopped onto a 125548 server and the exhaustion bug is still there. Not sure what sort of magic meth your server is on.

Just hopped onto a 125548 server and the exhaustion bug is still there.

I'm experiencing the same.  Out of all the bugs/issues DayZ mod has faced in recent history this one is driving me nut more than any of them.

• Like 1

So it seems the gamespy/steam issue is starting to settle down a bit now. We are going to give it a few more dayz before we set a date to do the next release hopefully by then everything would have settled down. No point us trying to confuse everyone more with another patch just now.

Are you looking for a new hoster or will you drop the hive now that HBF Servers is out of business?

So it seems the gamespy/steam issue is starting to settle down a bit now. We are going to give it a few more dayz before we set a date to do the next release hopefully by then everything would have settled down. No point us trying to confuse everyone more with another patch just now.

Yeah took some time. Now even Dayzcommander works fine with the new update on steam. Dotjosh pushed several updates during the last week.

So its your and BI´s turn again :) 

• Like 1

Yeah took some time. Now even Dayzcommander works fine with the new update on steam. Dotjosh pushed several updates during the last week.

So its your and BI´s turn again :)

If I remember correctly HFB servers hosted the public hive? If so they are dead and out of  business so I'm guessing there isn't much hope of it coming back?

Tell BiS to stop smoking crack and release the 1.8.2 patch.

Why? BIS is not holding up the patch they have already given a green light on release, R4Z0R49 and team need to find time to release it and they will as soon as the Gamespy and beta mess settles down a bit.

Well then, Rocket and his team need to put down the crack pipes.  :)

On another note, because the exhaustion bug is really game inhibiting.

Edited by Borges

Well then, Rocket and his team need to put down the crack pipes.  :)

On another note, because the exhaustion bug is really game inhibiting.

Rocket and his team is not working on DayZ Mod

Tell BiS to stop smoking crack and release the 1.8.2 patch.

They're holding off on release for this reason. Check below.