r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

All i can say if its fixed its fixed if not see you next patch i guess. It's pretty hard to judge on one person reporting an issue.

please...

you play vanilla?

Yes I play vanilla. Why would you want to keep these atrocious zombie hit ranges instead of playing a few hours to get used to more refined, closer ranges? I mean unless you like getting knocked down from 5m away and hit another 4 times from the same spot, and can't hatchet them outside without a guaranteed hit from them.

Edited by Borges

All i can say if its fixed its fixed if not see you next patch i guess. It's pretty hard to judge on one person reporting an issue.

I'm not the only one reporting the issue. Masterpepper and bullet catcher are others who frequent this forum and acknowledge the same issue. The admin on US434 acknowledges the issue. The issue is there people are just ignoring it.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/194  The video posted here was just of standing while crouching, however it occurs even if you run like 5 steps.

But yeah it sounds like it has been resolved for 1.8.2.

Edited by Borges

We have seen that issue and as you have seen there's many replys some even contradicting what your saying i've played the mod 3 years now and haven't had this issue once.

Cant fix what i cant find really. The last reports we got the 1.63 beta was the cause. When i get chance to look i will but without alot more detailed info on recreating not sure what else you wont us to do. Even looking over this forum you will see ppl saying its the beta. Give me a way to recreate 100% of the time and ill take a quick look to recreate with debuging tools enabled.

If we can find a fix we will.

Yes I play vanilla. Why would you want to keep these atrocious zombie hit ranges instead of playing a few hours to get used to more refined, closer ranges? I mean unless you like getting knocked down from 5m away and hit another 4 times from the same spot, and can't hatchet them outside without a guaranteed hit from them.

to counter the hiding in trees/bushes way of dealing with zeds outside.

to make them at least a little bit of a factor/challenge in this zombie apocalypse game.

to stop ppl from ignoring them.

to benefit the stealthy way of playing instead of running around.

there are ways to avoid beeing knocked down.

also max hit range is 3.6m, theoretically no zed should hit you from further away and i have never seen such thing.

i know everyone has different preferences... i just think it's more exciting this way and better fits a zombie game if zeds are feared a bit. the 1.8.1 zeds are already kind of an "easyfied" version thx to the easymode ppl (no offense).

this is my opinion on zeds.. others have different ones

• Like 2

Well we don't have any kind of Exhaustion/Fatigue system so nothing in that regards is fixed. So running around and being out of breath i have no idea what that is. However the arm damage issue we do know about this is when your aim is damaged just like your legs it runs a camsake effect. This is easily fixed by the player same as other broken bones are.

But without some major info on whats going on from the players its kind of hard to focus time on an issue. Most other issues we try to fix the really only one we stick to is the damage of zeds as we feel they need to be an issue but most other issues we do fix if we are given the info.

to counter the hiding in trees/bushes way of dealing with zeds outside.

to make them at least a little bit of a factor/challenge in this zombie apocalypse game.

to stop ppl from ignoring them.

to benefit the stealthy way of playing instead of running around.

there are ways to avoid beeing knocked down.

also max hit range is 3.6m, theoretically no zed should hit you from further away and i have never seen such thing.

i know everyone has different preferences... i just think it's more exciting this way and better fits a zombie game if zeds are feared a bit. the 1.8.1 zeds are already kind of an "easyfied" version thx to the easymode ppl (no offense).

this is my opinion on zeds.. others have different ones

Zeds are not easymode in 1.8.1, compared to how easy they were in 1.8.0.3. You should be able to kill off single aggroing zombies with your melee weapon, outside, but have trouble with multiple. Zeds in 1.8.1 are way harder than they were before, which is a plus. 

Well we don't have any kind of Exhaustion/Fatigue system so nothing in that regards is fixed. So running around and being out of breath i have no idea what that is. However the arm damage issue we do know about this is when your aim is damaged just like your legs it runs a camsake effect. This is easily fixed by the player same as other broken bones are.

But without some major info on whats going on from the players its kind of hard to focus time on an issue. Most other issues we try to fix the really only one we stick to is the damage of zeds as we feel they need to be an issue but most other issues we do fix if we are given the info.

Yeah it must be on BiS's end then with the OA beta patch. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait for a fix.

Edited by Borges

The problem is that their hit range is farther than your weapon's melee range.

This is false info the hit range on melee weapons is further it has been proven time after time the hit range of melee weapons have never been below that of zeds.

This is false info the hit range on melee weapons is further it has been proven time after time the hit range of melee weapons have never been below that of zeds.

My mistake, I'll edit that out. Things should work out better with the new 3.2 hit range.

Edited by Borges

I think alot of ppl forget its a bullet that fires from the axe so aiming a little higher when at range as you try to kill a zombie works well. You just have to master melee each melee weapon has a different technique the axe being the easy one. plus in 1.8.1 we added a spread shot effect to the bullets that fire.

We have seen that issue and as you have seen there's many replys some even contradicting what your saying i've played the mod 3 years now and haven't had this issue once.

Cant fix what i cant find really. The last reports we got the 1.63 beta was the cause. When i get chance to look i will but without alot more detailed info on recreating not sure what else you wont us to do. Even looking over this forum you will see ppl saying its the beta. Give me a way to recreate 100% of the time and ill take a quick look to recreate with debuging tools enabled.

If we can find a fix we will.

R4Z0R49 you mean to tell me you have not experienced the out of breath behavior? It's interesting to note that I didn't even realize there was this behavior until Borges brought it up months ago. Now on my character it's reproducible all the time when running or walking (side to side).

I'm going to have to try it with my kid's steam account (has arma2oa) to see if it's reproducible there. Maybe it's settings on the arma2 profile? I'll play around with it and see. Very interesting problem since you can't reproduce it but Borges and I can.

By the way how did Jimmy get two banners running on his signature? I'd like to promote US 434 and 435 instead of having to choose one of them.

Also US 435 is now hived with US 434 but is running as first person only with no cross hairs.

i think ppl have adapted to 1.8.1 zeds now and the complaining nearly stopped (?). so the 1.8.2 modifications like no more hitting while running and lowered damage are unnecessary now :)

and since there are no 1pp vanilla servers worth playing on, the high aggro distance compensates the 3pp view around corners style at least a bit.

@Jock McScottish

you don't get infection by drinking from wells. at least i never did and changelog sais so too. what got me a few times before realizing were found full canteens which need to be boiled first.

great server though :)

Thank you kind sir. Found a full canteen, swigged from a well, then drank from canteen to refill it. Got unwell. got all butthurt lol! that's good to know brother, cheers!

Yep it can be recreated by just moving your character any way. Just use 1.8.1 and any 1.63 arma2oa version. It's a bit odd to me too that he's never seen it.

At this moment I was able to reproduce on two accounts each on separate machines. Being out of breath comes on very quickly. Not sure what's causing it since I don't have an environment where it's not reproducible.

At this moment I was able to reproduce on two accounts each on separate machines. Being out of breath comes on very quickly. Not sure what's causing it since I don't have an environment where it's not reproducible.

Just scan the 4-5 posts above. It's a behaviour introduced by ARMA2 Beta Patch 1.63x and has nothing to do with DayZ. It's ARMA2.

R4Z0R49 you mean to tell me you have not experienced the out of breath behavior? It's interesting to note that I didn't even realize there was this behavior until Borges brought it up months ago. Now on my character it's reproducible all the time when running or walking (side to side).

I'm going to have to try it with my kid's steam account (has arma2oa) to see if it's reproducible there. Maybe it's settings on the arma2 profile? I'll play around with it and see. Very interesting problem since you can't reproduce it but Borges and I can.

I don't run around in first person ? in fact i cant remember the last time i ran anyplace in-game. Even more so in 1.8.1 due to it consuming more food and water. Maybe its the way your explaining the issue if you didn't notice it to start with it could be that im that use to it i don't notice myself. To be fair i haven't really played on the newer beta patches i just don't have time right now. However alot of the team do and none of them come back with any info on this they all said its the beta. Most of them have played for a good number of years. Hence the reports in the github issue.

If you give me a 100% way to recreate every time i can find 10 mins to login and test just for this and see if i can see what the problem is but like i've said i just don't have time to spend a ton of time hunting.

My observation is that it got a lot better when switching from 112555 to more recent patches. The exhaustion is still there but for a lot shorter period of time.

Edited by vinyljunkie

My observation is that it got a lot better when switching from 112555 to more recent patches. The exhaustion is still there but for a lot shorter period of time.

In my experience the exhaustion time limit has not changed since 112555 so you still stay maximum exhausted until you stop moving, for X seconds and it slowly returns. It still takes like 20-30 seconds.

I don't run around in first person ? in fact i cant remember the last time i ran anyplace in-game. Even more so in 1.8.1 due to it consuming more food and water. Maybe its the way your explaining the issue if you didn't notice it to start with it could be that im that use to it i don't notice myself. To be fair i haven't really played on the newer beta patches i just don't have time right now. However alot of the team do and none of them come back with any info on this they all said its the beta. Most of them have played for a good number of years. Hence the reports in the github issue.

If you give me a 100% way to recreate every time i can find 10 mins to login and test just for this and see if i can see what the problem is but like i've said i just don't have time to spend a ton of time hunting.

100% to recreate every time is this. 

Login to a 1.8.1   1.63/103718-125548 server. Stand still. Walk, or crouch slowly for 5-8 steps. Stop moving, and observe. You should notice your character is breathing heavily and at maximum exhaustion level ( maximum gun sway) and you have to stand still again to let it return to normal, only until moving again.

Play on a server with crosshairs so you can see it bobbling all over the place after you walk 10 meters. You don't need to run around in first person. Just MOVING at all triggers maximum exhaustion. It takes literally 10 seconds to see it happening.

Edited by Borges

Also happens when you transition between stances such as prone to stand. Your character becomes winded.

• Like 1

Also happens when you transition between stances such as prone to stand. Your character becomes winded.

Exactly so it's just a conundrum of bbqwtf 24/7.

Ill free up some time before the next patch 1.8.3 to see whats going on with that then. If i can recreate ill be able to find a fix for it.

• Like 1

Ill free up some time before the next patch 1.8.3 to see whats going on with that then. If i can recreate ill be able to find a fix for it.

If it's possible, you can develop it as a feature as some type of fatigue system. Kind of like how hunger/thirst works. You'd just need sleep.