r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

3 months of broken mod russells my jimmies.

Broken patch? Dunno what you´re talking about. My server is quite packed with players and although there are some bugs in the current version, no one is complaining and deals with it. I mean, you´re not even running on the latest Steam version, which is mandatory by now to get a decent server running...

But, alas, don´t feed the troll *shrugs*

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 1

The main complaint is just the constant breathing. That's for BI to try to take care of, not the mod developers here. Other than that it's good.

to download the dayz mod manually (via torrent) do i need to download all 3 files at the top?   That being :

Full Download:

Client Files:  http://cdn.dayz.nu/l...cf6dbd-Full.rar
Server Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/l...cf6dbd-Full.rar

Mission File: http://se1.dayz.nu/l...7.chernarus.pbo

Sorry for being a bit of a noob on this.  You may have seen my thread in new player discussion, if so you will know im having a little trouble with the mod's atm.

thanks

Broken patch? Dunno what you´re talking about. My server is quite packed with players and although there are some bugs in the current version, no one is complaining and deals with it. I mean, you´re not even running on the latest Steam version, which is mandatory by now to get a decent server running...

But, alas, don´t feed the troll *shrugs*

Let me correct your ignorant assumption. Yes I'm on the right steam version, which has nothing to do with anything. The mod runs the same way on 103718 through 125548, I've played them all. The server in my sig is there for advertisement. I play on 125548 and latest steam.  

We've all been "dealing with it" for months and it's not even the ridiculous zombie hit range and 3 shot ko's that annoy us, it's the game breaking exhaustion bug which should've been top priority for a fix. No sense in playing an hour just to get knocked down and railed by zombies in the open cause I run like 2 mph to the nearest barn. Brb while I delete your keylog screen capture h4x that determines my steam version.

Edited by Borges

I pretty sure he was talking about your sig server being outdated. DayZ does not have any Exhaustion/Fatigue

system in a2 being out of breath is nothing to do with the mod we don't have any such system. I'm being told it was something they added into one of the 1.63 beta patches. Soon as i get some time ill take a look and see what we can find for the next patch.

There has been reports of issues with your arms being damaged causing aiming issues but that can be fixed by the player.

So the build is done i need to get some time to test make sure nothing pops up as broke. But all the little stuff will be down to you guys to report as normal. Then find 2 hours to upload :-(

Actually I'm not entirely opposed to the out of breath behavior. There is actually too much running in the game. Beyond what most people can do. Even if you could run 10+ km per day you will be out of breath. Even short sprints and movements can induce shortness of breath depending on how stressful the situation is.

Most of the time in the game people run when IRL they would be walking. For most people the last thing they want to do is to go for a run. Thus consider it a penalty for choosing to run even if it's a short burst.

Anyways it's a matter of opinion as to how egregious the behavior is. It's not game breaking for me and the dynamics of watching your breath before and during a firefight is now much more important then before.

to download the dayz mod manually (via torrent) do i need to download all 3 files at the top?   That being :

Full Download:

Client Files:  http://cdn.dayz.nu/l...cf6dbd-Full.rar

Server Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/l...cf6dbd-Full.rar

Mission File: http://se1.dayz.nu/l...7.chernarus.pbo

Sorry for being a bit of a noob on this.  You may have seen my thread in new player discussion, if so you will know im having a little trouble with the mod's atm.

thanks

All you need is the client files "@DayZ". Put them in you Arma2 OA Folder and start the game with the proper parameters. 

Here you'll find some guidance... http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Mod:How_to_install_DayZ

We've all been "dealing with it" for months and it's not even the ridiculous zombie hit range and 3 shot ko's that annoy us, it's the game breaking exhaustion bug which should've been top priority for a fix. No sense in playing an hour just to get knocked down and railed by zombies in the open cause I run like 2 mph to the nearest barn. Brb while I delete your keylog screen capture h4x that determines my steam version.

Relax.

- The exhaustion has nothing to do with DayZ. Zombies can be fast in this patch. I don´t complain, I adapt.

- The next patch is in review by Bohemia. All you can do is wait.

- I was referring to your gametracker sig.

Cheers, have a nice one.

• Like 1

Relax.

- The exhaustion has nothing to do with DayZ. Zombies can be fast in this patch. I don´t complain, I adapt.

- The next patch is in review by Bohemia. All you can do is wait.

- I was referring to your gametracker sig.

Cheers, have a nice one.

I don't complain either, love the new patch! well I complain just this once. Playing on vanilla Europa as a lone wolfy, its thirsty work. Then when I finally find a well and drink from it I start to cough and my blood starts to down arrow... Its a bitter pill to swallow! or should I say a bitter water to gulp down... theres tough, and then theres TOUGH. Punishing you for finding a fresh water supply? It sticks in the throat a bit, just like the water nowadays!

I don't care about the zombies, in fact I like them being faster/harder. I think you're right about the exhaustion having nothing to do with dayz, but it should've been fixed a while ago. It's been ignored completely and new client versions have not fixed it. Out of the 2 years I've been playing dayz it is the most annoying and game breaking bug yet, I just simply can no longer tolerate it.

Now that the zombies are just right. Or at least I think so, there should be a slight increase of them if it were possible. :)

i think ppl have adapted to 1.8.1 zeds now and the complaining nearly stopped (?). so the 1.8.2 modifications like no more hitting while running and lowered damage are unnecessary now :)

and since there are no 1pp vanilla servers worth playing on, the high aggro distance compensates the 3pp view around corners style at least a bit.

@Jock McScottish

you don't get infection by drinking from wells. at least i never did and changelog sais so too. what got me a few times before realizing were found full canteens which need to be boiled first.

great server though :)

• Like 1

any news about when official hive be back ?

I don't care about the zombies, in fact I like them being faster/harder. I think you're right about the exhaustion having nothing to do with dayz, but it should've been fixed a while ago. It's been ignored completely and new client versions have not fixed it. Out of the 2 years I've been playing dayz it is the most annoying and game breaking bug yet, I just simply can no longer tolerate it.

I don't understand what your talking about the Exhaustion/Fatigue issues has only came up in the recent beta patch's from arma?

• Like 1

any news about when official hive be back ?

None, Sorry

So, when are you gonna release 1.8.2? I think the commotion about gamespy/steam should be settled by now.

None, Sorry

Dang man, please can you keep us all updated on any news!.

Thanks!!

The files are ready just waiting on one of the BIS guys to be free to push to steam. 

I don't understand what your talking about the Exhaustion/Fatigue issues has only came up in the recent beta patch's from arma?

No it first presented itself in the 1.8.1 patch. It was not there in 1.8.0.3. In fact it was the first thing I noticed in 1.8.1. I knew it was going to be unplayable when I took 3 steps and my guy was fully exhausted, which prevents you from properly aiming your weapon. Forget moving with scoped weapons, it's impossible. Some people are saying that the issue resolved itself in the latest arma patches, which is simply untrue. The bug was there in 103718 (or whatever it was), 112555, 124879, and is still there in 125548, which is why I'm convinced it's an issue with the 1.8.1 patch. 

i think ppl have adapted to 1.8.1 zeds now and the complaining nearly stopped (?). so the 1.8.2 modifications like no more hitting while running and lowered damage are unnecessary now :)

They most definitely aren't unnecessary. The complaining stopped because we're all eagerly waiting for 1.8.2. We'll all adapt once again to a more polished hit range. Anything is better than what it currently is.

Edited by Borges

The files are ready just waiting on one of the BIS guys to be free to push to steam. 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: