r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

okay, it seems I get the point with canned fluids as there is no reason to drink them. but what is with the food? why cooked meat cant make a character full? 

just curious, why don't you have some kinds of manuals or related topics marked as important to prevent the noobs fro questioning like I do

Please do note that all of these values have been readjusted with 1.8.2..

oh, nice. is it ready to play or you are still working on it? if so then when would we be able to enjoy it approximately though.

Edited by mickjohnathan

So what happened to dayz 1.8.2?

oh, nice. is it ready to play or you are still working on it? if so then when would we be able to enjoy it approximately though.

We are waiting for it to be passed off. 

• Like 1

In 1.8.1 you do not get any humanity for killing a bandit. Also, for giving a bloodbag you receive only 25 humanity points. Is this on purpose or broken?

In 1.8.1 you do not get any humanity for killing a bandit. Also, for giving a bloodbag you receive only 25 humanity points. Is this on purpose or broken?

Please scroll up a bit, as this has been discussed in here not even a page back. :)

We are waiting for it to be passed off. 

Meaning: 1.8.2 is done and ready to go--and is simply waiting for approval.  Could be approved at any given moment.  Patience.

Cheers, 

Jimmy

Meaning: 1.8.2 is done and ready to go--and is simply waiting for approval.  Could be approved at any given moment.  Patience.

Cheers, 

Jimmy

wow, this is the really awesome news, I'm excited. thank you for detailed explanation :)

wow, this is the really awesome news, I'm excited. thank you for detailed explanation :)

It is unknown when it's actually going to be greenlit, though. We submitted the 1.8.2 to BIS on the 22nd of June.

• Like 2

so the good news we have the green light.

Bad news is no idea on release date ill speak with Matt later today see what we can get sorted.

Humanity gain has been fixed its back to 250 on a completed transfusion. (interrupted does not count)

• Like 1

Hi, players on my server are asking for the ability to chop down trees. I want to run things unmodified so my question to you is: why can't it be added? The code is there and it brings a nice reality feel to the mod. The trees respawn after restart, no problem.

Thanks for great work!

There are several issues with the ability to chopping down trees, such as being able to hide inside them when you have. Just imagine you chop down a tree and it will be there forever giving you cover while you can shoot people from inside of it.

It would be a whole new definition of sniperhill sniping.

So what you are saying is that I can't hit you with a bullet if you are sitting in a chopped down tree? Seems odd since you can run/drive through them once chopped down. Please explain,

And thanks.

So what you are saying is that I can't hit you with a bullet if you are sitting in a chopped down tree? Seems odd since you can run/drive through them once chopped down. Please explain,

Sometimes you can shoot through, sometimes you can't. But it's already enough that they can hide inside of it, because it has no collision (as you said, you can drive through it).

We don't really want to offer mechanics that can be abused this easily with such an impact.

Be aware, though - we're working on something else.

• Like 1

I can't wait to magically lose 300 pounds in 1.8.2 so I can actually run and aim again.

That's the broken Arma beta 112555, not DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Once my server moved on to a newer Arma beta the exhaustion bug was gone.

i got a question. afaik battleeye should get stopped like gamespy. still everybody using the bec client. what comes after the bec? will there be a new program helping out to get rcon and all the options we had?

i got a question. afaik battleeye should get stopped like gamespy. still everybody using the bec client. what comes after the bec? will there be a new program helping out to get rcon and all the options we had?

Where did you get that information from?  :huh:

i thought steam is using vac for anticheat protection, and after moving from gamespay to steam i thought that might change as well.

i thought steam is using vac for anticheat protection, and after moving from gamespay to steam i thought that might change as well.

The one doesn't have anything to do with the other? Like, nothing at all?

well both do anticheat?

Alright, let me start:

• BE has been supporting any / all BIS-game for a while now and will continue to do so
  • BE is also still actively developing anticheat for ARMA 2 / ARMA 3 / DayZ SA
  • BE has just upgraded to a new system on ARMA 2 (can't really say they're abandoning anything)
  • BE and Steam have absolutely nothing in common
  • BE and GameSpy have absolutely nothing in common
  • The serverbrowser and the AntiCheat have absolutely nothing in common
  • Steam / VAC never supported ARMA 2 and there is no reason for it

Just because someone says something somewhere, do not just trust them...

There is literally no reason to believe BE is going to shut down.

It's as if you're saying that some company closed down in Germany, hence Germany is going to fall apart, there is no connection between any of those.

Or - to be more precise and fit in with your statement of "well both do anticheat" - and ported over from this specific case:

You are saying BE (an Anticheat-program) is going to shut down, because GameSpy (A Master-Server-Provider) is going to shut down, just because Steam offers Anticheat. There is literally no connection between those.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1