r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Everything he said, plus, once or twice I've noticed that eating something did not remove any points from my hunger level in the journal (not sure if this is related to the UI crash bug or not).  After logging out/back in it was fixed.  I think that's happened twice to me since 1.8.1 came out.  

Also, I don't think it was mentioned that you need a transfusion kit and an empty blood bag to fill a blood bag with your own blood.  Later you can self transfuse that blood for health.

Yea this has been mentioned a few times it likes like a few of the food items didn't get default values assigned. This has been fixed in 1.8.2 whenever we get the go to release.

For now most of the team is helping out on A3:2017 mod to give them a little boost.

• Like 1

Hey there everyone!

So after playing on some servers that run 1.8.1 with debug monitor and reading the change log for 1.8.2 again I am stll confused about the state of the humanity system. It seems that giving a transfusion increases your humanity by +25. Is this on purpose?

It's a bug.  It's supposed to be 250.  1.8.2 fixed and is ready for release but has to wait for the "okay" from BI.  In the mean time, be sure not to kill any survivors!

• Like 1

Is there any eta for the release? I've got an issue with my game that makes it unplayable and I apparently need to "wait for the release." Sorry if that sounds rude lol, I just really want to play. I've played the game for years and years (bought standalone as well, but the desync and character lost bugs/glitches are just a bit too much for me) and I haven't played the mod in about 9 months.

Also, just out of curiosity... What made you guys change the UI? I miss the old simple green UI D:

I noticed zombies are getting nerfed in 1.8.2. They are a tad bit ridiculous at the moment, however how much will this nerf actually effect them?

Thanks in Advance!--

CaptLobster

Is there any eta for the release? I've got an issue with my game that makes it unplayable and I apparently need to "wait for the release." Sorry if that sounds rude lol, I just really want to play. I've played the game for years and years (bought standalone as well, but the desync and character lost bugs/glitches are just a bit too much for me) and I haven't played the mod in about 9 months.

Also, just out of curiosity... What made you guys change the UI? I miss the old simple green UI D:

I noticed zombies are getting nerfed in 1.8.2. They are a tad bit ridiculous at the moment, however how much will this nerf actually effect them?

Thanks in Advance!--

CaptLobster

You guys will tell us.

ETA was the 24th of last month.

The ui was changed to support (listed below)

1 the quick switch, (1,2,3)

2 carrying slot (planed to be used at a later day for vehicle parts,

3 to separate dayzmod from arma. 

Ah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for clearing that up! So if it was 24th of last month, than it should be really soon! :D

Also, if you can't tell me I totally understand, but what do you think the cause of the delay is? Quite an amount of time between the ETA and actual release I'd say...

You guys will tell us.

ETA was the 24th of last month.

The ui was changed to support (listed below)

1 the quick switch, (1,2,3)

2 carrying slot (planed to be used at a later day for vehicle parts,

3 to separate dayzmod from arma. 

Tell hicks to stop adding more pointless stuff to dayz (more hats/masks anyone lol) and give the mod the go ahead. :D

Well, some of us have noticed that killing bandits no longer gives humanity. Neither +250 at once nor +250 over time. I hope it's a bug because if it's a "new" idea of fighting SOS, I will "cut my veins" :(

Killing bandits has never given you humanity points in DayZ mod (not since I've been playing in late 2012 early 2013).  That only happens in certain mods of the mod.  You can only gain humanity from giving medical aid...however in 1.8.1 that is currently bugged.  The max gain from blood bagging should be 250 but it's currently 25.  1.8.2 fixes this I believe, though I don't see it in the changelog.  I know the devs are aware of it.  As for the slowly regenerating humanity, it has to fit these requirements according to the DayZ wiki:

If a player's humanity drops below 2500, it will be replenished at a rate of approximately 30 points per minute until the player's humanity is restored to at least 2500. This restoration will not occur if a player's humanity is ≤0

That being said, I did notice last week that I was between 0 and 2500 humanity and it was not increasing over time.  Might want to add that to the bug tracker.

Personally, I'm glad you don't gain humanity from killing bandits.  If that were the case, the value of the hero skin would be diminished, rendering hero/bandit equivalent to red/blue.  It would just become a big team deathmatch between two skins.  As it stands now, legitimately maintaining a hero skin is very difficult and it is a reward for the choices you make in the game.

EDIT: I just noticed that in the "Notes" section of the wiki I referenced it states that you're supposed to gain 200 humanity points for killing a bandit.  I've never noticed this in regular DayZ mod.  It seems like an inaccurate statement because it also incorrectly states that you can be a bandit with positive humanity.

Receiving humanity for killing a bandit is dependent on whether their humanity is negative or not. If it is positive, you will not gain humanity. If it is negative, you will gain 200 humanity.

Edited by Bullet_Catcher

Hym, nowadays it's hard to get hero skin ( after steam update with new identity method ). I do not udnerstand one thing, if bandits are bad, why killin them is not rewarded ? Everyone hates bandits, they make this mod worse so I don't know why eliminating this thread ( which is very annoying especially for fresh spawns ) is a neutral thing. It used to be rewarded but something went wrong during patching.

P.S. There always was a shootout between heroes and bandits. In my opinion, choice of killin bad guy helps others so it's the same value as givin transfusions etc.

Edited by Bordinio

FYI: The hero / bandit / humanity system will change as soon as possible anyway, which is why it's rather tedious to discuss it at its current state.

Curious, who at BI is responsible for giving new mod patches the go-ahead?  Is there anything that can be done from our end (as players) to encourage them to be faster about approving the updates?  It would be a damn shame if 1.8.2 sat in waiting for 6+ months like 1.8.1 did.

• Like 1

Curious, who at BI is responsible for giving new mod patches the go-ahead?  Is there anything that can be done from our end (as players) to encourage them to be faster about approving the updates?  It would be a damn shame if 1.8.2 sat in waiting for 6+ months like 1.8.1 did.

This x 100 I thought BiS was going to turn over the Mod to the community once Standalone came out. Now we have to wait for them to find time to give a green light for a mod that no longer matters to them. Please just release so the community can continue to thrive. Or at the very least give the option to release and call it a beta patch and then call it official once it is green lighted.

• Like 1

This x 100 I thought BiS was going to turn over the Mod to the community once Standalone came out. Now we have to wait for them to find time to give a green light for a mod that no longer matters to them. Please just release so the community can continue to thrive. Or at the very least give the option to release and call it a beta patch and then call it official once it is green lighted.

The name 'DayZ' is now owned by BIS, there is no point of doing that. I would rather be on there good side and wait rather being on their bad side and them pulling the plug on the mod.

OT: Fishing is too easy? The random chance is just too high; random number between 0 and 100 then if that is higher than 5 it gives a trout? Come on.

I already increased the random var and decreased the range, just letting you know. There is no way you can catch more than 40 trouts in less than half an hour.

Keep up your work and have a nice day.

FYI: The hero / bandit / humanity system will change as soon as possible anyway, which is why it's rather tedious to discuss it at its current state.

In this topic I presented my and no only my ideas about New Humanity System ;)

I just think it'd be better if humanity was removed entirely.

I must disagree, that wouldn't help in eliminatin the SOS actions. What's more, you would help those bast.. (bad guys) to make much more crappy shootouts. You couldn't distinguish those with -100000000 pts and those who helps. ( everyone shoots at everyone )

• Like 1

any word from BIS or Hicks? I think it's safe to say that it's not on their radar to get this approved. Any reason you guys just can release without them? 

Should the community start posting to Twitter or something asking them to please approve? 

They wait while it's ready and laugh at us from their mountain top peaks and release it when they get tired of the itch.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm glad you don't gain humanity from killing bandits.  If that were the case, the value of the hero skin would be diminished, rendering hero/bandit equivalent to red/blue.  It would just become a big team deathmatch between two skins.  As it stands now, legitimately maintaining a hero skin is very difficult and it is a reward for the choices you make in the game.

Maybe +250 humanity for killing bandit is too high, but I think that bandits who have - humanity points are degenerate and for kill these bandit we should be rewarded.

Edit: We can increase treshold to become a hero, or decrease reward for killing bandits and blood transfusions.

Edited by CeeGiee

can someone explain me what am I doing wrong? my character always need to eat 5-8 cans of food to feed up fully. cooked meat of wild boar (4 pcs) gives 1/3 of hunger. so I really need to eat 12 of them or what? again with the thirsty... 7-8 sodas and colas can cover the needs. at the same time the only 1 water battle is enough. 

also I can't get the thing about the loot. knives, maps, water bottles, matches are pretty rare. but then you get it.. bam... you will find that stuff everywhere in insane amounts. for example, I found a map and then found four, FOUR maps in one building. I found a hatchet and after that, yeah, I found 3 hatchets in one place, 3 boxes of matches and 3 rifles at one places add to this, this list going to infinite. I know this could be good with the water, but carrying even 10 sodas doesn't guarantee you won't die from thirsty in searching for water bottle and matches to boil it. personally I can drink 4 water cans per day, but who drinks 7 of them at once? 7x0.33 l = 2.31 l - thats pretty suspicious.. I can't even find words about the food.

since trying 8.1 on vanilla day z compared to epoch i notice this:

Zombies hit me while I am sprinting even with double tap W, they run slightly faster than me and can hit and make me loose blood while I sprint

If I press default screenshot key or Enter key server restricted and kicks if press it again

I Love that the Zombies can catch you now and hit you while you run , makes it so much more fun to play then just running away. Also if you Zig Zag they usually won't be able to hit you in the back. I hope it stays this way.

can someone explain me what am I doing wrong? my character always need to eat 5-8 cans of food to feed up fully. cooked meat of wild boar (4 pcs) gives 1/3 of hunger. so I really need to eat 12 of them or what? again with the thirsty... 7-8 sodas and colas can cover the needs. at the same time the only 1 water battle is enough. 

also I can't get the thing about the loot. knives, maps, water bottles, matches are pretty rare. but then you get it.. bam... you will find that stuff everywhere in insane amounts. for example, I found a map and then found four, FOUR maps in one building. I found a hatchet and after that, yeah, I found 3 hatchets in one place, 3 boxes of matches and 3 rifles at one places add to this, this list going to infinite. I know this could be good with the water, but carrying even 10 sodas doesn't guarantee you won't die from thirsty in searching for water bottle and matches to boil it. personally I can drink 4 water cans per day, but who drinks 7 of them at once? 7x0.33 l = 2.31 l - thats pretty suspicious.. I can't even find words about the food.

Well, there must be some sort of script that prevents you from gettin necessary things too easy. Loot is a random thing so sometimes it may seem a bit disappointing. What's more, game encourages you to eat and drink healthy :P Coke and so on got a lot of sugar within so you can't really fell hydrated. It's crucial to keep an eye on you resources now and surviving involves lookin for "productive" supplies. ( Rememeber that you can still drink directly from water wells so hydration isn't a big problem  )

Edited by Bordinio

You can drink from a well without anything, you can drink from a pond with an empty tincan (which quite frankly is everywhere). Only thing you have to watch out for is not to get infected when drinking from a pond (you can't get infected from drinking from a well).

The thing about this is, that you're not actually getting hydrated from soda's. They drain more fluid from your body than hydrating you, due to the sugar - which is represented ingame with the values.. You might feel refreshed in RL when drinking Soda, but it doesn't actually hydrate you..

• Like 1

Well, there must be some sort of script that prevents you from gettin necessary things too easy. Loot is a random thing so sometimes it may seem a bit disappointing. What's more, game encourages you to eat and drink healthy :P Coke and so on got a lot of sugar within so you can't really fell hydrated. It's crucial to keep an eye on you resources now and surviving involves lookin for "productive" supplies. ( Rememeber that you can still drink directly from water wells so hydration isn't a big problem  )

this is the problem, I'm afraid of drinking directly from water sources any more, after got sick plenty of times and had to go to cherno for cures in dispair.

couple of words about the loot. it's also looks like some kind of script that giving you a huge amount of multiplied similar stuff you already own and do not feel need in it. that looks like some kind of joke. anyway this works contrary to player in both cases: before you get desirable things and after you get them.