boneboys

DayZ SA Security Leak.

Here on the forum, nothing is ever deleted. It might get hidden, but we keep all posts so that we are transparent and can rectify any errors. Sorry if I wasnt clear. I cant speak for reddit.

Hiding things is just the same basically, it's censorship, unless you are planning to un hide everything

• Like 1

Erm, I would beg to differ, things were deleted.

Yes but I immediately sent you a notification PM and explained why such an action was taken.

If you read the OP I thanked those that "helped", this includes yourself.

• Like 2

Yes but I immediately sent you a notification PM and explained why such an action was taken.

If you read the OP I thanked those that "helped", this includes yourself.

I'm fine with this, was just objecting to the fact that there was no censorship going on. 

Yeah, because absolutely everything is failprrof. Especially in  IT. It just takes one person - ever heard of the name Snowden? And the NSA is supposed to have one of the best securities out there.

Yeah, Snowden actually worked for them... So if it was an "inside job" maybe they should reevaluate their staff... lol....  Well, perhaps like sony did when they lost a few million peoples credit card information, perhaps BI will step up its security a little now, especially with all that extra cash they got from this standalone. Funny thing though, what on earth could anyone want the code for huh..... Perhaps a disgruntled set of fans think they can do it better. Couldn't do any worse i say. lol.  

I truly (personally) think that the severity of the security leak is pretty minimal. There will always be hackers. Some better than others. Speaking in regards to the game's finished state, the players themselves will have the tools at hand to filter out any hackers that they may encounter (i.e. private hives).

A small set back for a great team, keep up the good work and put the nail in the coffin.

Amen brother

• Like 2

Even so, this source hack will not be such a big deal considering the fact that it's so early on into the game. Also, I know people are flipping **it over hacks now being worse now....actually they won't. Because no matter what you cannot do any scripting or modifying of files and then expect to go into servers wrecking havoc, due to the fact that 1. Scripting is permanently disabled 2. Modified files cannot connect to servers that are untouched. As long as they release a small change to the patch and servers the people with the modified code cannot get in.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll just make a mod for it that will become wildly popular and fun...  ;)

• Like 1

I had nothing to do with this, but here's confirmation:

CEevnCf.png

Who the hell does any sort of hacking via Windows 7 and uses Visual C++ 2008/2010? And what kind of PC user has only one partition? I feel awful for you Bohemia, you've been tricked by total newbie/some bored kid [choose one or both] that learned how to use SQL Injection via hackthissite.org or some other sh*t.

Only thing I can say:

3aFj5W5.png

Who the hell does any sort of hacking via Windows 7 and uses Visual C++ 2008/2010? And what kind of PC user has only one partition? I feel awful for you Bohemia, you've been tricked by total newbie/some bored kid [choose one or both] 

Or. He was smart and used another PC to make the news public? Or the multitude of other options other than it was a newb haxxxer?

• Like 1

Yeah, Snowden actually worked for them... So if it was an "inside job" maybe they should reevaluate their staff... lol....  Well, perhaps like sony did when they lost a few million peoples credit card information, perhaps BI will step up its security a little now, especially with all that extra cash they got from this standalone. Funny thing though, what on earth could anyone want the code for huh..... Perhaps a disgruntled set of fans think they can do it better. Couldn't do any worse i say. lol.  

I'd be more worried about someone hosting a box with what they have taken somehow. If one somehow accidentally joined a compromised dayz server, it would be easy to then pop the client machine...I'm sure alot of people are running dayz.exe with elevated privileges,

Thanks for keeping us informed, I'm confident you will be giving us more info when the facts are known.

• Like 2

Im blaming Sony lol

Who the hell does any sort of hacking via Windows 7 and uses Visual C++ 2008/2010? And what kind of PC user has only one partition? I feel awful for you Bohemia, you've been tricked by total newbie/some bored kid [choose one or both] that learned how to use SQL Injection via hackthissite.org or some other sh*t.

Only thing I can say:

3aFj5W5.png

You don't talk to many people who work for these gaming companies, do you? They fear bleeding edge and stick to older tried and true. Who do you think is using Windows XP (noone) or Windows 8 (next to noone compared to Windows 7)? This guy is pretty standard.

Only thing I can say:

3aFj5W5.png

ever heard of virtual machines, smartass? lel

• Like 1

I can't remember how huge of a setback it was for valve when a hacker stole the source code for Half-Life 2.

uhm...thats sheit.

Also, no Company,  *read this again* NO COMPANY has the Obligation to discuss them beign hacked outside of their own internal security meetings/circle. 

If no user data was corrupted it whould also be in line with alot of companys policys that you as a consumer NEVER hear from this again. ( and man...do you have any idea how often Company Servers get attacked ? Speak to any random IT-Sec Person...youd be suprised )

Customers are NOT entitled to know such things ever ever...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 4

uhm...thats sheit.

Also, no Company,  *read this again* NO COMPANY has the Obligation to discuss them beign hacked outside of their own internal security meetings/circle. 

If no user data was corrupted it whould also be in line with alot of companys policys that you as a consumer NEVER hear from this again. ( and man...do you have any idea how often Company Servers get attacked ? Speak to any random IT-Sec Person...youd be suprised )

Customers are NOT entitled to know such things ever ever...

Since they source turned up on the web and information was out without BI being the ones to release it that point is moot.

It is bad enough reputation wise to be (or appear to) informed about the breach by the press.

So all you should do is to be as transparent as possible to be able to channel the rumours and to be as much on top of the situation as you still can be.

Edited by Rauchsauger

If we give everyone who now has the source code a share of the millions...Do you reckon we'd get ladders fixed by Christmas?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 2

Bad baaaad fail, just before/during the anniversary :(

Hope this will not slow the dev speed, the only good thing in my mind is now the game source is in the open and hacking will skyhigh they improve the anticheats features. Fools hope ?

Any more news on this yet lol wouldn't mind knowing what this all means for the future of DayZ. Some people saying the end is nigh and some say it wont affect it much at all, all the while bohemia say nothing..  

It was totally sony though lol

Edited by Ricky Spanish