boneboys

DayZ SA Security Leak.

We started out the 1st month the game was released with around 25 players and we rented a server, the server is now gone. These were dedicated players to, most with well over 1,000 hrs racked up on DayZ. Until the beginning of the year we had a top 100 server, now it's just 2-3 of us that play. With the loss of members playing we lost the funding for a server. The top reason for our server demise? Hackers, and quite frankly I'm getting wore out with the hacks as well. Twice last night within 30 minutes and 3 times this morning I was killed by teleporters, melee killed by an invisible player, and killed by a player using a noclip hack, all on different servers. We lost all of our support because of the ridiculous hacking on a daily basis. I can't remember the last time I played a full session without myself or one of our admins getting killed by a hacker, and no way to tell who it was so we could ban them. Now that H1Z1 is out the majority of our members have switched hoping for a better experience. The Devs need to do something soon about the hacking before they lose more of their player base. It's one thing to get glitched now and then, you learn how to avoid most of that, hackers you cannot avoid. We had active admins almost 24/7 and we tried our best to ban hackers the best we could, but with little tools to aid us it was difficult. The best thing they could do is get a full admin tool in use such as HLSW, atleast then we could open the console and see who has too many kills in a short amount of time, you can almost guarantee that's the hacker. The other thing would be to list who is killed by who, then if you get hacked you have a name and global I.D. you can ban in the console. Add a way to communicate with admins and these combined would reduce hacking to a tolerable level. You'll never have a game that is totally hack free, but you can get it down to a playable level. Step it up Devs, we're not the only server to disapear because players are wore out by hackers.

{SBM}Pzito - Former admin of the now defunct {SBM} Short Bus Militia DayZ server.

We started out the 1st month the game was released with around 25 players and we rented a server, the server is now gone. These were dedicated players to, most with well over 1,000 hrs racked up on DayZ. Until the beginning of the year we had a top 100 server, now it's just 2-3 of us that play. With the loss of members playing we lost the funding for a server. The top reason for our server demise? Hackers, and quite frankly I'm getting wore out with the hacks as well. Twice last night within 30 minutes and 3 times this morning I was killed by teleporters, melee killed by an invisible player, and killed by a player using a noclip hack, all on different servers. We lost all of our support because of the ridiculous hacking on a daily basis. I can't remember the last time I played a full session without myself or one of our admins getting killed by a hacker, and no way to tell who it was so we could ban them. Now that H1Z1 is out the majority of our members have switched hoping for a better experience. The Devs need to do something soon about the hacking before they lose more of their player base. It's one thing to get glitched now and then, you learn how to avoid most of that, hackers you cannot avoid. We had active admins almost 24/7 and we tried our best to ban hackers the best we could, but with little tools to aid us it was difficult. The best thing they could do is get a full admin tool in use such as HLSW, atleast then we could open the console and see who has too many kills in a short amount of time, you can almost guarantee that's the hacker. The other thing would be to list who is killed by who, then if you get hacked you have a name and global I.D. you can ban in the console. Add a way to communicate with admins and these combined would reduce hacking to a tolerable level. You'll never have a game that is totally hack free, but you can get it down to a playable level. Step it up Devs, we're not the only server to disapear because players are wore out by hackers.

{SBM}Pzito - Former admin of the now defunct {SBM} Short Bus Militia DayZ server.

You can't be a very dedicated bunch of people if this is your first forum post and all your buddies have quit. I bought this when it came out and I have been playing since. I have yet to see a hacker walking on water, flying, no clipping, or anything else? Then again i also avoid players because this a early access zombie survival simulator not call of duty or BF4. I would rather not get shot in the face by someone who owns but wont use his mic.

• Like 1

You have to love the fear-mongering conspiracy theories in the last few posts...

Edited by Tatanko

You can't be a very dedicated bunch of people if this is your first forum post and all your buddies have quit. I bought this when it came out and I have been playing since. I have yet to see a hacker walking on water, flying, no clipping, or anything else? Then again i also avoid players because this a early access zombie survival simulator not call of duty or BF4. I would rather not get shot in the face by someone who owns but wont use his mic.

Try playing on full servers and interacting. Run around Electro, Cherno, Berinzeno with 49 other players on the map. Just what do you do if you're avoiding other players? Run around farming in the middle of the map alone? Sit in the woods and stare at the screen? The Devs should know what admins are experiencing and what feedback they're getting from member and players. Avoiding other players on a multi-player game and lack of interaction, I doubt you have much useful feedback. ie: haven't seen the hacks yet is a perfect example. 

I don't think anyone doubts security is taken very seriously by the dev team, but to echo some setiments previously expressed, it needs all hands on deck if this game is going to succeed.

I'll forgoe regaling everyone with tales of hackers, and simply state that of the handful of friends I convinced to try the game, most are now gone and keeping true to the ol 'A happy customer tells 3 people, an unhappy one tells the world'.  It's seriously hurting the games reputation, as literally the only way to play this game without being constantly griefed by hackers to is play on a low pop server.  Having to play like this in hoarder mode takes away from the most important aspect of the game, interaction and the fear/excitement of running into other (legit) players.

The single most important thing that needs to be done is to bring movement (confirmation) server side.  Net code is hard, sure, but we are in the age of massive bandwidth and low latency.  You'd be hard pressed to find a player that wouldn't deal with a bit of rubber banding and buggyness to resolve this massive hole.  If hackers can no longer teleport to any point in the map they want, they can no clip/no grass/esp items and players all day as far as I'm concerned, have at it.  They would still need to actually run between towns to grief players, instead of teleporting around the map every 15s, scanning the area for players, and moving on to the next.

Even without that code being fully migrated/confirmed on the server side, why can the server not simply track players.  If you move more than X distance in Y time, log it.  After a handful of these events, report to VAC/BE and kick from the server.

I'm sure you guys have all discussed ways to combat this, bottom line though, it should be top priority.

Edited by nitroboost

If seen admins of servers doing it...

Walking through buildings and you ask how i know admins of servers doing it...because i was in a part of a building out on docks you couldn't get to with out getting shot,and he knew it so he kicked me.

He was trying to get my stuff but it didn't happen because he kicked me...

Try playing on full servers and interacting. Run around Electro, Cherno, Berinzeno with 49 other players on the map. Just what do you do if you're avoiding other players? Run around farming in the middle of the map alone? Sit in the woods and stare at the screen? The Devs should know what admins are experiencing and what feedback they're getting from member and players. Avoiding other players on a multi-player game and lack of interaction, I doubt you have much useful feedback. ie: haven't seen the hacks yet is a perfect example. 

I play on servers with other people. I still avoid them. I have only met one people in game to did not KOS. His name is in my signature. I'm a Computer Engineering Technician, I'm willing to bet I can and have provided more useful feedback and suggestions than most people.

If seen admins of servers doing it...

Walking through buildings and you ask how i know admins of servers doing it...because i was in a part of a building out on docks you couldn't get to with out getting shot,and he knew it so he kicked me.

He was trying to get my stuff but it didn't happen because he kicked me...

Never met a admin in game that Im aware of. I don't doubt that they abuse the power. All the more reason why there should not be private servers imo.

I play on servers with other people. I still avoid them. I have only met one people in game to did not KOS. His name is in my signature. I'm a Computer Engineering Technician, I'm willing to bet I can and have provided more useful feedback and suggestions than most people.

Never met a admin in game that Im aware of. I don't doubt that they abuse the power. All the more reason why there should not be private servers imo.

It wasnt a private server it was public,the admins where hackers i watched them run through buildings for over 1 hour killing players in Brenzno.

As soon as i shoot towards them they came looking for me with there no clip .kitted out to the max..

The best thing they could take from that other game is character locked to 1 server,it stops soo much problems,and take so of there security issues as well...

Because there isnt many hackers in the other game if any at all..

Oh seeing your a Computer tech maybe you could sk them why we had a stastic anticheat for soo long and not a dynamic 1 would be a start but what does any body know unlike yourself..

It wasnt a private server it was public,the admins where hackers i watched them run through buildings for over 1 hour killing players in Brenzno.

As soon as i shoot towards them they came looking for me with there no clip .kitted out to the max..

The best thing they could take from that other game is character locked to 1 server,it stops soo much problems,and take so of there security issues as well...

Because there isnt many hackers in the other game if any at all..

Oh seeing your a Computer tech maybe you could sk them why we had a stastic anticheat for soo long and not a dynamic 1 would be a start but what does any body know unlike yourself..

What the devs do is beyond my control. I'm more of a hardware guru than a software guy. Ive always been better at reading code than writing it.

Every session I played in the last 2 weeks, I have been killed by mostly invisible hackers, teleport hackers... Love this game, but can't stand it being ruined by these cheaters... and it's not just kids... it's adults also...

Met my first hacker last night, this have also been reported in the bug tracker. I recently ran from Zelenogorsk to Kamyshovo to meet up with a friend that just bought the game. I helped him get kitted up and such. We have been playing for a few hours every day and looting on the way back to base camp. We made it back to the field west of Zelenogorsk last night, the one with chopper crashes in it. Next I know my buddy tells me that his guy randomly started eating, I hear a weapon reload and my buddy tells me he is dead. I immediately look around see someone and try to shoot only to discover that my weapon is no longer loaded. I reloaded but lost his position before he killed me. For my buddy this was his first PvP experince in DayZ and its made him rethink about buying the game. The only good thing to come of this is we both spawned about 10 feet from each other, what are of the chances of that. This was my first experience of meeting a hacker that i can confirm. Just though I would share. Apparently the hack is called <snip>, it can force you to do things with items.

Edited by orlok
no "names" or any hack info , please.

Met my first hacker last night, this have also been reported in the bug tracker. I recently ran from Zelenogorsk to Kamyshovo to meet up with a friend that just bought the game. I helped him get kitted up and such. We have been playing for a few hours every day and looting on the way back to base camp. We made it back to the field west of Zelenogorsk last night, the one with chopper crashes in it. Next I know my buddy tells me that his guy randomly started eating, I hear a weapon reload and my buddy tells me he is dead. I immediately look around see someone and try to shoot only to discover that my weapon is no longer loaded. I reloaded but lost his position before he killed me. For my buddy this was his first PvP experince in DayZ and its made him rethink about buying the game. The only good thing to come of this is we both spawned about 10 feet from each other, what are of the chances of that. This was my first experience of meeting a hacker that i can confirm. Just though I would share. Apparently the hack is called <snip>, it can force you to do things with items.

Lol wait till you see them just run through buildings and even shoot you through buildings...

Now there a laugh,the anticheat is waaaaayyyy behind,we keep hearing bout this new anticheat coming in...where is it dont say its being tested in the back ground....

That is the biggest load of bullocks i will ever hear

The things they are doing should never be able to be done by any anticheat software tbh.