Irish.

Would you like spawn points spread out?

Spawn points spread out?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the player spawn points to be spread out more?

• Yes.
    • No, keep them centralized for more action.

anyone else think the barracks at Balota should be removed and transferred to Stary instead? And that "military camp" northwest of Balota shouldn't have barracks either?

I think this would be the only way spawning on the south would be acceptable again

I think two airfields need to be removed from the game completely. They are good for Arma but don't fit DayZ.

Well everyone spawns on the east coast now. So not sure when the last time you spawned in Kamenka was (at least in the standalone). I love Kamenka spawns, and miss them dearly.

I think it might have been back in January. These days I always spawn in Solnichniy whether it be hardcore or regular. I've not played for about a month now, though, so maybe things have changed.

• Like 1

No need to be so rude and go on the attack but thanks for the great feed back very constructive but for your information our children clan is a over 18's only clan with most of our members aged 30+ and after finishing work sorting out there kids ect: they do not have 4/5 hours a night to spend on the PC.

so if it's a problem for your children clan then you don't want this? It is not CS or cowadooty, you die, you die. Play with rest of your dumb clan. Dammit I hate people like you wanting to destroy the immersion of the game by making it a huge PvP arena for clans. If you fucked up killing bambis in berezino, it is your problem, you spawned in North and now can run 30 minutes back. For other people who are not shitters, it is not a problem.

It was obviously not an accurate measurement of time. Regardless, even an hour to get to a high loot spawn is over the top since some people have lives outside of Dayz. These lives most likely do not include you, with over a thousand posts on DayZ forums. 

DayZ is not the game for you my friend, that is a fact.

And if you would like to compare lives let's: I am a 36 year old retired USMC Veteran. I own my Business, and work 7 days a week. I am a Father of 2, and have a new baby son. I have been married for almost 2 years now, and with my wife for over 8 years. I play guitar, skateboard, video games, hike, ride motorcycles, record my own music, post on forums (like this one where I have been a member for over a year - see reason why I have over 1900 posts).

Now.. how is your life going since you care so much about mine and cant seem to even handle simple, levity when its directed at you?

• Like 2

And if you would like to compare lives let's: I am a 36 year old retired USMC Veteran. I own my Business, and work 7 days a week. I am a Father of 2, and have a new baby son. I have been married for almost 2 years now, and with my wife for over 8 years. I play guitar, skateboard, video games, hike, ride motorcycles, record my own music, post on forums (like this one where I have been a member for over a year - see reason why I have over 1900 posts).

Now.. how is your life going since you care so much about mine and cant seem to even handle simple, levity when its directed at you?

This is a game forum, not a place for you two to measure dicks. Jingles made an observation - one that is still relevant, by the way, as many people do not have hours and hours to play DayZ - but he was inaccurate in his assessment of your personal life. No need to get upset about it.

Regardless, I disagree that an hour is over the top to get to good loot. 

• Like 1

This is a game forum, not a place for you two to measure dicks. Jingles made an observation - one that is still relevant, by the way, as many people do not have hours and hours to play DayZ - but he was inaccurate in his assessment of your personal life. No need to get upset about it.

LOL.. Thats funny man. No one is measuring anything. Am I not allowed to defend myself when someone needlessly and senselessly tries to call me out like that? ROFL.

Im not mad. I know troll when I see it, and he is simply incorrect not trolling. So no need to ignore, I must set him straight.

Im not mad at all.

Do you think the person I described myself as being would get mad over a random anonymous forum poster saying I have no life based on my post count? I mean come on.. really? 

so if it's a problem for your children clan then you don't want this? It is not CS or cowadooty, you die, you die. Play with rest of your dumb clan. Dammit I hate people like you wanting to destroy the immersion of the game by making it a huge PvP arena for clans. If you fucked up killing bambis in berezino, it is your problem, you spawned in North and now can run 30 minutes back. For other people who are not shitters, it is not a problem.

You can do better than that. Don't go out and insult people, please.

• Like 2

I would love to see more spawns spread across the map. With new towns being added in, this makes me actually want to explore. If bohemia makes towns more unique and not just a different layout of the current set of buildings that also had loot specific to that town I would actually like to spawn in the west. Currently the only places worth going are the two north airfields, nothing else is intriguing/rewarding.

• Like 2

all my yes.

Problem right now is that you can only consider the m4 and some pants with more space "military loot" so they'll need to add in more weapons and gear before they can change spawns but they should (and I still think it is a good idea) keep the mod spawns. The reason Why they got rid of those spawns was stupid and because of that beartowns is a total warzone.

When they do add more military loot (i thought the ak and mp5 were done dean >:( ) then they'll really need to crack down on the spawning if they hadn't already by that point in time and as for now the loot in general is messed up on all accords. My reason for saying that is the fact that we're pretty much good on civ loot for the time being but as i said before, the only thing that can be considered "military loot" is an m4 and some pants with with more space.

• Like 1

Measuring dicks?  jingles was the one who brought up personal life with the goal of belittling someone in order to try dispute a point which is completely uncalled for. I'm sure he was entirely capable of disagreeing without having to resort to insults. There was no "assessment", just a condescending post.

And still - his "observation" was NOT relevant. Where on the map can you spawn and NOT find loot within an hour? Anywhere on the map is within 15 minutes of a place that spawns loot, if not less. From most anywhere you can get fairly well geared within in hour if not sooner. 

• Like 1

And still - his "observation" was NOT relevant. 

Yes it was. Some people don't have hours to play DayZ. If you'd read my post carefully then you would realise that I disagreed that an hour is too long to find a high loot area. I was agreeing with him on the point that some people don't have time to play DayZ, and I respected his opinion that an hour was too long to find loot but I disagreed with it.

Measuring dicks?  jingles was the one who brought up personal life with the goal of belittling someone in order to try dispute a point which is completely uncalled for.

And the mature thing to do would be to ignore a troll on the internet, and not give a "my dad is better than your dad" response. Nobody cares.

Do you even lift? I'll have you know i've seen over 11 steven segal movies and i'm not scared to karate kid your butt.

Edited by jingles
  • Like 1

Do you even lift? I'll have you know i've seen over 11 steven segal movies and i'm not scared to karate kid your butt.

I now love you Jingles.  :P

• Like 1

And the mature thing to do would be to ignore a troll on the internet, and not give a "my dad is better than your dad" response. Nobody cares.

So much Picard..

patrick-stewart-facepalm-gif-i19.gif

• Like 1

Randomized spawn locations that are and can be anywhere or bust.

This thread has been viewed over 11,000 times in just over 24 hours.

Roughly 10% of the player base seems to like it the way things are now. 90% or so, want things spread out. 

The results are similar on Reddit. I sure hope they are listening over there at BIS. ;)

Exactly. But to prevent the current game status - people rushing into one town (Berezino), dying, respawning and running to their bodies again, or just rush to the nearest military loot (NE Airfield) - the weapon loot should also should be changed. Weapon loot should be increased as you go to north in general , to prevent the game stucking in a small area (currently the North East). In the current game, you either choose a deathmatch or a dead game. If you go to places except North East, you never see anyone except zombies. Dayz shouldn't be like this. People should be travel around the map more, and enter a combat when they face other players more randomly, not joining DM_Berezino for a deathmatch. But of course, that would be great if servers had more (around 100) player limit. With the current 30-40 player limit, spreading the loot to north and player spawns may cause a silent map.

Edited by lolwat

randomize ammo counts that you find in ammo packages up to like 15

maybe if people have less ammo, they wont shoot new spawns.

Exactly. But to prevent the current game status - people rushing into one town (Berezino), dying, respawning and running to their bodies again, or just rush to the nearest military loot (NE Airfield) - the weapon loot should also should be changed. Weapon loot should be increased as you go to north in general , to prevent the game stucking in a small area (currently the North East). In the current game, you either choose a deathmatch or a dead game. If you go to places except North East, you never see anyone except zombies. Dayz shouldn't be like this. People should be travel around the map more, and enter a combat when they face other players more randomly, not joining DM_Berezino for a deathmatch. But of course, that would be great if servers had more (around 100) player limit. With the current 30-40 player limit, spreading the loot to north and player spawns may cause a silent map.

People have plenty of incentive to travel North now as it is.. the only issue is honestly the spawn points. People dont want to stray away from their bodies and being able to run back to them. People know that everyone is in one small area so they flock there to get some kills. Rinse, repeat. 

Changing loot locations will only make people run straight to the NWAF. Ive been there in the mods, and that is the other solution.. honestly.

They have to force people into certain central areas to create action otherwise there would literally be NOTHING to do in this game.

The map is simply too huge without any forms of transportation to have 40 players totally spread out.  You would never see anyone and there isnt enough content yet for players to do anything meaningful expect PvP. 

Once they can get the server population up to 150+ and get vehicles in or create some game content that would drive players to areas organically ..... THEN they can randomize spawns all over the map  

randomize ammo counts that you find in ammo packages up to like 15

maybe if people have less ammo, they wont shoot new spawns.

All of this cry baby shit to attempt to curb spawn killing is MISSING THE POINT.

The problem isnt too many guns or too much ammo or too much loot...

The problem is that there inst F- all to do in the game at the moment, nothing. zero content. 

So what do people do?  Kill fresh spawns for fun

When the game is released, I think the spawns should be all over the entire map and literally 100's of different points. So many points that it would be pointless to suicide because it would be almost impossible to get the spawn you wanted.

This also in turn would see you coming across people in all areas of the map and it would also dilute the high PvP areas. 

I don't want to think, "ok better be on guard now as I am entering Elektro", I want to be thinking that EVERYWHERE. Nowhere should be safe, I don't want to feel safe running through the forest. If people were spawning everywhere I think it would also increase the chance of running into people in the woods.

I have over 400hrs in SA and in that time I have run into a total of ONE player who was in the wilderness.

Everyone spawns in the same spot = One extremely high PvP area

East Coast spawns = Berezino and NEAF become a high PvP area rest of map hardly touched

East and south coastspawns = Elektro/Balotta becomes a high PvP area and Kamenka spawn would be the best spawn ever so people would suicide until they got that. North end (especially east) becomes boring again.

Spawns all over the map = Nowhere is safe, one area may still become high PvP but least likely to cause this.

Spawns in centre of map = Not a bad idea either but would probably create a high PvP at the NWAF. In saying that if there was to be a high PvP it really should be NWAF

Well that is my 2 cents anayway

I voted spread out, but by spread out I mean along the coast.  I don't care for inland spawns for multiple reasons, at least not in the current state of the game.  The major ones being that having you spawn on the coast and potentially (once loot tables/respawn are sorted) head inland for higher end loot, then return to the coast for action provides for good map flow as in the case of the mod.  I also don't care for inland spawns because it just increases the chances of having people spawn in behind you, or near your base once that gets implemented.

So yes to spread out spawns, but along the coast.  Honestly I'd like a return to the original spawns, with potentially some of the new northerly ones (shipwreck area is is fine).

I think loot tables should be adjusted at balota to solve that issue, and that it was a mistake to begin with to turn it into what it is and the devs have just been trying to bandaid a problem this entire time with altering spawns rather than addressing the source.

• Like 2

I think loot tables should be adjusted at balota to solve that issue, and that it was a mistake to begin with to turn it into what it is and the devs have just been trying to bandaid a problem this entire time with altering spawns rather than addressing the source.

Agreed on all of it..

I think they should just take the C-130.. and have it so its crashed through the tent city and into the barracks area at Balota, wiping all of them out. Have maybe 2 tents left standing, no barracks and just the jails/ATC/hangers and a huge debris field with a crashed C-130 amongst a mass of debris from the barracks. 

Or just scrap their original damn idea and make Balota a small airport with 2 hangers, 1 ATC and nothing else. At all. 

• Like 1

I would honestly LOVE for them to spread out the spawn points so that the entire map gets seen, far too many people will run to a good loot spot, such as NWAF/NEAF or Balota, loot up and get fully kitted, then go to the "Hotspot" and PVP till they either run out of ammo, or get themselves killed.

I'de like to see places to the North/North-West have spawn points put in, because I find it ridiculous that my team and I, can travel from NWAF > Vybor > Green Mnt. > Zelenogorsk > Papalova > Balota > Cherno and even Elektro now and maybe see three people on our journies, and then BAM as soon as we get closer to Berezino, it's like a nuke went off and every bush/window/tree has eyes, lol....

This is all on a 40/40 person server, It really saddens me to see all the work they put into this game for only a handful of zones getting any sort of action or visitors...

The big reason for this is though, that people absolutely REFUSE to PVP where they can't simply respawn and get back to their body within the 10 minute marker, ect.

Edited by ComikZ
  • Like 2