almf3

Why is the Dayz community so bad?

I know KOS is a part of the game, part of the thrill I guess, but sometimes it's just infuriating. I don't understand why people on this game are so eager so screw over other players. I absolutely love this game. There's so much more of an investment because of how hard you have to work to get anywhere. I've been away for like a year and I just got the stand alone. After a lot of rounds where I was just immediately killed on the beach or beaten then killed while trying to type that I'm peaceful I finally found a server labeled "no killing allowed, just loot". I figure "awesome, I can brush up on the controls and all and kinda learn my way around and check out the new features". After like 4 kills by zombie I get to where I'm going a couple days and have some supplies. I've seen other players but just stayed hidden except one guy I gave some equipment to. The next day I'm in a fire house where I had just found a revolver and an fn fnx45 tac and a guy flies up the stairs at me. He says hello and stands there, I look down so he sees I'm not aiming at him and start to type that I'm friendly, does he need food or water and I get 2 axe swings to the head, on the nice no kill server. I love this game but I fucking hate the majority of the community. There's absolutely no give. I wish they would add something where you could contact the admin so at least he'd know someone was disrespecting his rule set. None of my friends have pcs so it's just me and the way a large portion of the community acts wrecks this amazing game for me and I know it does a lot of other players too.

No such thing as a "no kill server."

T'was a ruse!

When you start playing this game you just get killed a LOT. All the time. That's how you learn.

Dont worry about it, everyone went through the same thing..

When you get good at it you still get killed a lot, don't get me wrong

But PvE servers are quite often full of killers there just to kill PvErs. PvE doesnt really exist at the moment. Its not an official thing.

Look around - some servers give you a teamspeak channel to join if you want. Maybe meet people.

But dont expect to be able to trust anyone until you know them, at all, and expect to get killed a lot anyway.

Someone on this forum might help you find a group.

It's funny how you get to like it after a while.

Headphones with a mike can help a lot too..

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Maybe you should get a mic, that tends to piss me off a lot when someone has to type - might even drive me to killing someone :p well it also seems really shifty if you dont say anything and they cant figure out you're typing (like you're scheming!)

• Like 1

I know KOS is a part of the game, part of the thrill I guess, but sometimes it's just infuriating. I don't understand why people on this game are so eager so screw over other players.

If it wasn't infuriating, I wouldn't get as much pleasure as screwing someone over. I am so eager in knowing the fact I just ruined your day

I finally found a server labeled "no killing allowed, just loot". I figure "awesome,

Thats against the rules. This was on a friendly server as well...

The next day I'm in a fire house where I had just found a revolver and an fn fnx45 tac and a guy flies up the stairs at me.

If you want to play the friendly game you don't need a gun, don't go to high PvP places

and start to type that I'm friendly, does he need food or water and I get 2 axe swings to the head, 

Get yourself a mic, no excuse not to have one. I can't stand people who don't have mics and they deserve to die.

I love this game but I fucking hate the majority of the community. There's absolutely no give. 

So you want the game to change to how you want and screw what the majority wants. Righto  :thumbsup:

None of my friends have pcs so it's just me and the way a large portion of the community acts wrecks this amazing game for me and I know it does a lot of other players too.

Maybe spend less time whinging about other players and more time joining a clan of like minded players... you will have a lot more enjoyable time

Well awhile ago i was running along the coast in the forest came out to a clearing where a barn was and ran into a guy. The encounter went rather well especially since i was more geared than him and had full body armor on and mask.

I raised my hand we chatted i offered some aid with opening some cans for him, gave him can opener to open food, he gave it back to me, there was no deception and we went on our separate ways. Not EVERY encounter is a bloody one but its a real pick and choose. This guy had a flash light from what i could see. No gun though he could have had one hidden.

Anyways the point of it is not EVERYONE KOS's ppl just have to be willing to change things as they go throughout the game in order to get a more give human interaction a more positive meaning.

But im going to note i don't hide myself. Was wearing the bright UN helm. Its my favorite color anyways so no need to change it lol. And respirator which might make me look like a stereotypical bandit but its good to prove ppl wrong.

• Like 1

So tired of ppl whining about kos... Do you honestly think every1 in real life would be so nice in a post apocalyptic setting?

just do what I do sir I just try and kill as many dayz players as possible it doesn't matter anymore who's friendly or who's not. We are all scum who must be shot like the dogs we are.

NexVentor, I really don't need a morality lesson on the game from you asshole. The rules you want to quote don't have anything to do with no killing. You can't disable PVP, you can have your own little "rpg" elements, you can't change the settings though so you have to leave in the ability to do it. The point was someone was nice enough to host a server for people to play on and it shouldn't be too much of an imposition to respect what the guy asked for. There's plenty of other normal servers. If you have to hop on that and screw up other people then you're a cunt. Speaking of cunt, I have a headset with a mic, I didn't have it plugged in. And if you're that impatient with something small like that you're clearly an asshole outside of the ggame as well. I've got no problem getting blasted on any other server, I just thought this one would be a good chance to brush up seeing as its been over a year. If the asks not to do that simple thing it really shouldn't be that hard for a decent person to follow it.

• Like 1

harsh, brutal pvp is one of the core aspects of the game. it has nothing to do with community being good or bad. this isnt SimZ. embrace the threat other players pose as part of the experience, and act accordingly. for me, it meant going out and healing people, in spite of the murderous sociopaths roaming the coast, and supplying others with consumables and rare loot i smuggled from the north..

the community as such is actually extraordinary. helpful, friendly, with a tolerable amount of trolling and flaming.

i have yet to encounter things like "l2p faggot, stop failing, omg uninstall the game and die already you fucktard" - something you probably get to hear within the first 30 minutes of League of Legends or Call of Duty..

edit: you should be aware that your last post actually sound like from one of those entitled little brats that make gaming communities miserable..

kfb31EM.gif

Edited by e47
  • Like 2

And this really isn't something confined to this games player base obviously though this one in particular was plagued with hackers out to ruin other people's games at one point. But I'm sure that's widespread as well, I'm just not as familiar with pc games. But it's no different that being on a shooter and always having those 1 or 2 guys that have to team kill you or come in modded and grief everyone. I just don't understand people's desires to ruin other people's time gaming as a whole. Again that's not the Lions share but it's way bigger than most of us would like.

NexVentor, I really don't need a morality lesson on the game from you asshole. The rules you want to quote don't have anything to do with no killing. You can't disable PVP, you can have your own little "rpg" elements, you can't change the settings though so you have to leave in the ability to do it. The point was someone was nice enough to host a server for people to play on and it shouldn't be too much of an imposition to respect what the guy asked for. There's plenty of other normal servers. If you have to hop on that and screw up other people then you're a cunt. Speaking of cunt, I have a headset with a mic, I didn't have it plugged in. And if you're that impatient with something small like that you're clearly an asshole outside of the ggame as well. I've got no problem getting blasted on any other server, I just thought this one would be a good chance to brush up seeing as its been over a year. If the asks not to do that simple thing it really shouldn't be that hard for a decent person to follow it.

Lol, cry some more. So you not only suck at the game you are also a baby who when faced with facts resorts to childish name calling. Clearly you have serve comprehension difficulties so I will spell it our for you again sweet heart. 

IT IS AGAINST DAYZ RULES TO RUN A SERVER THAT IS FRIENDLY ONLY.

No, you obviously have a hard time with comprehension. I said I'd been on plenty of other servers and died with no issues. I tried this one as a refresher because after 2 days back from over a year off, yes, I'm not good you fucking idiot. And it's not against the rules to ASK players not to kill each other moron, it's against the rules to make it so they can't. So him asking that there be no killing is perfectly fine. The point was how someone would feel the need to come in and do that anyways specifically on that server when there's tons of other servers where nothing like that is asked of the players. Maybe you should spend less time being an Internet asshole and more time on reading comprehension.

• Like 1

This game is becoming a team game. There is no room for us, one man teams. We are easy targets, for sexually frustrated teenage kids, to take out their anger on.

Im usually finding single players tend to be friendlier. Groups are just bullies, but i have come across some that didnt want to kill me.

Also avoid groups that dont match uniforms, they tend to be there just for shits and giggles. Matched uniform groups tend to take this game more seriously.

• Like 2

And if you're going to say someone has "severe comprehension difficulties", you probably shouldn't spell it "serve".

Get yourself a mic, no excuse not to have one. I can't stand people who don't have mics and they deserve to die.

What a dickbag. So, because someone plays in a way you don't like, you feel like you have to interrupt their play?

Hmm....why does that sound an awful lot like the rationale a lot of people give on this forum for their Dbag actions in-game? 

• Like 1

I've been watching Frankieonpc on youtube and he makes the game look like such a blast still. Then you log in and it's get shot on the shore 5 times in a row lol

There's so much more of an investment because of how hard you have to work to get anywhere. 

This right here is almost entirely due to the fact that other players can and will kill you.  Take away the people killing you for no reason, and the game is trivial.  At least in its current state.

• Like 1

And if you're going to say someone has "severe comprehension difficulties", you probably shouldn't spell it "serve".

Sorry couldn't hear you over all the crying, sounds like a woman is crying in here. 

http://youtu.be/4Z3s1fJgCEE?t=31s

I've been watching Frankieonpc on youtube and he makes the game look like such a blast still. Then you log in and it's get shot on the shore 5 times in a row lol

He edits his videos to make it seem like that, but he still looks like a good player

I always read stuff from a lot of seemingly cool people here on the forums and it's like "awesome I'll get to run into some of these people in game". I'm still waiting on that though haha.

Yeah Nex, that's a reply of an idiot that had his point discounted and doesn't have anything intelligent to add. Thanks for participating, go back to being an ass in the game and a bitch in real life now.

What a dickbag. So, because someone plays in a way you don't like, you feel like you have to interrupt their play?

Hmm....why does that sound an awful lot like the rationale a lot of people give on this forum for their Dbag actions in-game? 

LOL! we got another one Jim. I am DBag (what the fuck is a dick bag? do you have people carrying around dicks in bags where you come from? lol) I have one and only one task and that is to ruin your day.

Here are some other reasons, that I will kill you for.

You are wearing a mask

You are not wearing a mask

You are not wearing pants

You are wearing pants 

You look funny

You moved

You joined the server

You are not me or my team

You will come on the forums and cry because some Dick bag(??) killed you and you only had an apple.

Well you get the picture, the last one is my favourite.

Keep crying fellas.

Edited by NexVentor

As someone who played the mod, you should already be suspicious of everyone. Get a mic, don't listen to the guys saying "you don't need a gun to be friendly", you might not necessarily need an m4, but even just a pistol will save your life if you wave it around enough. 

Typing will get you killed, especially if they're standing right in front of you, so watch out. When you type, you lose control of the situation, making a nice big window of opportunity to shoot you in the face. 

Please stop with the, "It's a friendly server, and I'm friendly, EVERYONE SHOULD BE FRIENDLY!" shite, it's naive, and unrealistic. Stop letting people stand in front of you, just fucking protect yourself, you don't have to KoS, but don't expect other people to play by the same rules. 

The community isn't bad, they just don't consider the game happy play time, like you apparently. 

Also, try hardcore servers if there are any populated in your area. 

Edited by Capo