Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

I can't believe there are actually a lot of Yes votes on this poll. When I saw this thread I thought "haha no way anyone is going to want that" but I was unfortunately surprised. Really guys ._.? It would not add to the hardcore survival realism, it would just be annoying and it just doesn't fit in with the mood of DayZ.

• Like 1

By all means, have the effects of defecation in-game, especially diarrhea from bad water, but for fucks sake, don't implement a "poop on command" action, or an animation, or anything of the sort.

Why? We all know what will be the most likely and probably the first thing this aspect is used for: trolling other players. Shitting on other people while handcuffed, force-feeding, etc.

Defecation can be perfectly represented via "off-screen" prompts, a fade to black, whatever. Make diarrhea a thing where you fall unconscious for several hours, then wake up with no hydration. You will learn to not drink untreated water then! But if there is an actual "spraying shit from my ass", I will leave. If I want to see that, I'll go drink from the drainage ditch outside my house.

PS: and for all you people crying ' MUH REALIZM" , you do realize that when under long-term (what else would a SHTF zombie apocalypse BE, if not long-term stress?) stress, your body ​actively resists defecation and urination, right? While backpacking, I've literally gone a week without defecating.

I can't believe there are actually a lot of Yes votes on this poll. When I saw this thread I thought "haha no way anyone is going to want that" but I was unfortunately surprised. Really guys ._.? It would not add to the hardcore survival realism, it would just be annoying and it just doesn't fit in with the mood of DayZ.

Survival should be annoying.

You think finding water and finding food is fun ? of course not they are annoyances that are natural and part of survival, defecation would tie into this but more importantly it would tie into diseases and infection mechanics.

Survival should be annoying.

You think finding water and finding food is fun ? of course not they are annoyances that are natural and part of survival, defecation would tie into this but more importantly it would tie into diseases and infection mechanics.

Gibonez, I must ask: do you actually have any survival training?

Because, overwhelmingly, most "wilderness survival training" isn't truly about identifying plants and boiling water. It is about panic management. Yes, those shelter-building and land navigation skills are important, but they all tie into managing fear. It isn't the bad water or the rain that will kill you in the wild. It is the panic, the fear, that gets you in the end.

PS: Finding food and water should be annoying in a survival situation? In Chernarus, a temperate deciduous forest? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Temperate deciduous forests are literally the second-most hospitable parts of the planet to human beings, after tropical forests. Water will be common, edible plant life will be common, easily-caught prey will be common (squirrels and rabbits are so easy to catch, with a little know-how, it is almost comical) Put me in the woods, and I will be able to immediately identify at least 10 different plants that have useful medicinal, construction, or gastronomical properties.

Hell, let me list some plants/animals that we should be able to eat/use in some fashion, and can't because the devs haven't implemented their functionality. This, coupled with the currently-stupid temperature system, is literally the only reason survival is difficult right now:

Oak: acorns, high in carbohydrates and protein, attract deer.  Seasoned wood is very good firewood, giving off good heat/weight.

Pine: resin can be eaten, used as antiseptic, can seal up wounds, can be used as a firestarter

Birch: best "bang for your buck" firestarter I've used. Bark is high in oils, can burn even when wet, can be used in shelter or stuffed into clothing for insulation/waterproofing

Fragmite reeds (grow in swamps/near streams): sap can be eaten: high in carbs, stems used for shelter

Cat-Tail: Amazing food source. Almost all of this plant can be eaten

Lily-pad: tuber is excellent source of starch, properly roasted

Various lichens: can be eaten, used as tinder, antibiotic properties

Various mosses: used as insulation

Squirrels: everywhere, stupid as bricks.

Rabbits: everywhere, stupid as bricks.

Pigeons: everywhere in cities, stupid as bricks (some even come up to you, looking for food)

Seagulls: everywhere along coasts, can be easily trapped with snare-lined garbage, or just pelted with rocks

PPS: I do survival outings for kicks. It isn't that difficult.

Why not? It's a survival game. Bandits could poop in all the water near Berezino and I could save all the bambis with antibiotics.

I would be open to it for the express purpose of it being a way to transmit illnesses like contaminating water and so on. Also theres the dehydration part of the runs that you could get from sicknesses, bad food ect. So for things like ya I wouldn't mind but if I had to pop a squat every 30 mins and shit in a bush because i had some beans then no

No. Add what ever else you want to add but this seems a bit ridiculous/unnecessary.

Like some one else said if this gets added then I want it to take months to heal broken limbs and I want to have the ability to run around completely naked and to be able to take a piss as well.

Hell, may as well add various kinds of sex while you're at it, it'll add to the realism guys.

Also, it could add an interesting dimension to combat. An ambusher who has been sitting in the same position for a long time might be a bit less stealthy if he smelled like shit.

Edited by albinoclock

No. Add what ever else you want to add but this seems a bit ridiculous/unnecessary.

Like some one else said if this gets added then I want it to take months to heal broken limbs and I want to have the ability to run around completely naked and to be able to take a piss as well.

Hell, may as well add various kinds of sex while you're at it, it'll add to the realism guys.

Agree! If this is added then you should turn to a zombie if hit. The eating animation should last for 15min. It should take 4 hours for you sitting my the fire to become dry. You should be exhausted after running and need to take a day to rest and get ready for another hike. You would need to change clothes every day. And you should not be able to respawn on the coast after you are dead as that is not very realistic

• Like 1

Agree! If this is added then you should turn to a zombie if hit. The eating animation should last for 15min. It should take 4 hours for you sitting my the fire to become dry. You should be exhausted after running and need to take a day to rest and get ready for another hike. You would need to change clothes every day. And you should not be able to respawn on the coast after you are dead as that is not very realistic

Strawman argument. You are the one making the absurd claim that if adding feature A then feature B-Z should also be added. It makes no sense whatsoever.

i honestly hope your joking, because this would serve ACTUALLY no purpose other then "realism" what happens when your in a firefight... "i really have to go!" and you start taking a dump in the middle of a fight.

Yes, I am serious.

So they should spend resources developing defecation that could instead be put towards zombies obeying the laws of physics?

Really?  I would love to see a breakdown of the yes votes vs. the no votes by age.  For some reason I think their modality would be young vs. old.

If they add it I'm done with the game, and I would bet good money the majority of people old enough to buy the game on their own and buy DLC would feel the same way.

Are you insinuating defecation is only wanted by immature kids? Im 44 and im all for the system being included.

As long as its useful and interesting and adds another layer to survival im all for it.

I suppose it depends on what folk want. A Survival Game or a Survive the Zeds game. Personally the survival aspect thrills me more than the pure Zed survival. Its great they are a major threat but I see my environment being my main enemy, Zeds are just part of that.

I feel folk are mainly not happy as its a taboo subject, much like many were upset about Rust's "Willy-gate".

Defecation for most of us isn't that pleasant (unless you have a really good book to read) but in a "no holds barred" scenario I can see it bringing gameplay opportunities to the mix never touched by gamers before (excuse any possible pun).

One thing I will agree on, is that its a very definite polarising subject. I doubt we will ever see it in game as it was originally touted though.

Rgds

LoK

I don't even want to know where things will go when they add faeces and someone gets captured by a bunch of psychos. 

Frankly I'm fine with the idea, i just wish something more "mature" took precedence, such as nudity.

• Like 1

Hello there

Don't forget defecation could be "implied" rather than seen.

I'm not advocating extreme close ups and uber hi res, hi poly realism here. (Im sure there's a market for that though).

For eg when coming across a water source you could have a menu option to "pollute" it. Press a short fade to grey to simulate the "passing" and hey presto! one damaged water source. Simple.

The act is alluded to or implied, the gameplay aspect is there and no one gets all upset.

If I can come up with that solution to one aspect in 20 seconds, I'm sure the devs are more than capable of coming up with a more elegant and in depth solution IF they wanted to.

Lets NOT worry about the "oh noes! throwing and force feeding dirty dirty poop! Wont someone think of the children!!!11!!?" Aspects. It just wouldnt happen IMHO

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

@orlok

There is going to be so much griefing if they add that option. 

@orlok

There is going to be so much griefing if they add that option. 

In a game where you can handcuff, force feed, poison, ambush unarmed players......your worried that polluting water sources will lead to griefing.....this game is already griefers paradise lol

Might make us think to carry more water puri-tabs so we can be sure that the water we drink is safe. To me that only adds to the survival dynamic, and anything that adds to that is fine by me.

I was sceptical about the idea, my gf already stopped playing this game because of force feeding. I wonder how many others would be hesitant with this on the feature list. But its always been a bit of a niche game :)

EDIT - Although this feature is more "natural" that force feeding, so a lot my not find it as offensive...

EVERYBODY POOPS lol

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

In a game where you can handcuff, force feed, poison, ambush unarmed players......your worried that polluting water sources will lead to griefing.....this game is already griefers paradise lol

Might make us think to carry more water puri-tabs so we can be sure that the water we drink is safe. To me that only adds to the survival dynamic, and anything that adds to that is fine by me.

I was sceptical about the idea, my gf already stopped playing this game because of force feeding. I wonder how many others would be hesitant with this on the feature list. But its always been a bit of a niche game :)

EDIT - Although this feature is more "natural" that force feeding, so a lot my not find it as offensive...

EVERYBODY POOPS lol

Well yes, you can always resist arrest, or log out when they take all from you, not to give them the amusement of torturing you. But there is nothing you can do if everyone is going to take a dump into every body of water in the game. 

No. Top three reasons...

1.) Not to perv out here, but every thing is being pushed to be more "realistic", yet when I take my shirt off I'm still wearing a shirt?

2.) As with every mechanic being introduced it will be broken so every 30 seconds you will get a "You have to take a crap" prompt.

You feel stuffed

You have to relieve yourself

You feel stuffed

You have to relieve yourself

You are rapidly cooling off

3.) Griefers / Not only are bandits going to shoot-break my legs with a full auto SKS and force feed me disinfectant, but now also turds. No thanks, I'm good.

Only if I can use my poop to leave writings on the wall. 

But seriously, no. If you want to use crap to pollute water sources, then just add animal crap to the game. 

• Like 1

This feature is partially confirmed/discussed in a positive light by the Dev Team

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/wiki/animations

Just my 2 cts

Do you know guys shit can be eaten several times before poisoning yourself ? It may be another purpose against starvation

hahaha omfg this game is crazy !! if implemented, i want to be able to throw crap at people face's. Lol. I'm joking. Maybe just poopy-trap after fifty persons take his dump in the hole

As well you might be able to drink your piss in case of deshydratation 

Edited by Ludz

Only if I can use my poop to leave writings on the wall. 

But seriously, no. If you want to use crap to pollute water sources, then just add animal crap to the game. 

Hello there

Why would animal crap be different to human in your opinion? 

Rgds

LoK

Because then I don't have to be taking a dump every half hour from all the stuff I have to eat to stay alive. I'm not against poop, but against pooping.

Pooping... hmm.. where will the line be drawn if that's introduced? 

Will female characters be required to carry more rags than the male characters for that, uhh, monthly time? Would they be more susceptible to wild animal attack if they didn't use a 'pristine' rag? 

I'm not trying to be disgusting or sexist here, but if we're talking about having poop in the game, why stop there? Feminine hygiene should be next, no? Considering it is a survival point women have to deal with.

I do not think either should be included.