Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Can you elaborate on why you think the want of one feature should automatically exclude the other?

I don't.

but I am curious to know why you are so adamant in thinking it is all of them or none of them, or more precisely why you think pooping to be such a big problem that you think such other features should be added before that.

For starters adding pooping without nudity would require your feces to go right through your clothes. Personally I do not like this idea. Wounds are actually unrelated other than running by the same arguments. The time-scale is "how I would do it" aka "my own perferred priorities". Not much adamant here.

I don't.

For starters adding pooping without nudity would require your feces to go right through your clothes. Personally I do not like this idea. Wounds are actually unrelated other than running by the same arguments. The time-scale is "how I would do it" aka "my own perferred priorities". Not much adamant here.

Yea nudity will not happen.

People are stupid and have some sort of problem with anything regarding the naked body and sex.

Remember rust , rust tried to be realistic by having naked cavemen with their jigglybits showing and boom people complained so they added pants when nude....

Yea nudity will not happen.

People are stupid and have some sort of problem with anything regarding the naked body and sex.

Remember rust , rust tried to be realistic by having naked cavemen with their jigglybits showing and boom people complained so they added pants when nude....

love_poop_anime.jpg

This is my limit as to how goofy i get with this.

Edited by Deathlove

You can drink urine, no problem. Actually, one of my friends accidentally drank his brother's urine, which was in a soda bottle for the doctor. He said "What's this? It's really tasty!", so urine apparently isn't only harmless and a good hydrator, but also very tasty  :lol:

OT: I see little reason to add it. Just for contaminating water and poop tipping arrows? IMO, that's not enough reason to add something.

pretty sure when i was watching bear grylls drink his own piss ..he stated that your own piss is sterile for ONLY yourself for a couple hrs ..after that the bacterias make it un-safe for consumption 

Sure, right after they add in the requirement to sleep in game at least 6 hours each day.  Then we can all bask the glory of realism in online gaming!

• Like 1

Sure, right after they add in the requirement to sleep in game at least 6 hours each day.  Then we can all bask the glory of realism in online gaming!

This. 

If pooping adds more strategy to the game, needing to find a safe place to shit, timing, etc. Then why wouldn't you add sleeping? Needing sleep is the first thing I think of facing the zombie apocalypse. 

So why don't the devs add sleeping? Because it's boring. We can assume our characters sleep when we're offline, so why can't we also assume they shit offline. 

This. 

If pooping adds more strategy to the game, needing to find a safe place to shit, timing, etc. Then why wouldn't you add sleeping? Needing sleep is the first thing I think of facing the zombie apocalypse. 

So why don't the devs add sleeping? Because it's boring. We can assume our characters sleep when we're offline, so why can't we also assume they shit offline. 

Its bad enough we have to deal with realistic night cycles as is without being able to play a full 6 or 7 hours period to get enough rest to function properly..... XD

Its bad enough we have to deal with realistic night cycles

What is bad about having realistic night cycles? Being a survivor without having to survive the night doesn't sound like survival to me. I would say, force everyone into the darkness and remove these 'day only' pussy servers.....Also I would like to see freezing tempratures added at night so having a campfire would be essential for survival, would make the game more intense at night because the fear of anyone seing your camp very easely. I miss Namalsk, with freezing temps, nightime, blodsuckers and earthquakes, where heatpacks and campfires was essential, now that was survival, not teaming up would almost mean certain death. Ah good times

Edited by Kaboki

I want pooping in the game so i can watch freshys flinging poop at each other on Bambi Highway.

Every time I get shot at when I'm not expecting it I just about shit my pants anyway so, no I don't think it's needed in the game.

No, not right now. Maybe after the core survival mechanics are polished up/ added to the game as well as the perfection of the zombies.

Yes; not as a priority. It could come a year or more after release for all I care though.

Once you get the status report you need to poop, you have several hours to perform the animation, or else you will poop your pants and that will have some negative effects of some sort.

Hello there

I dont think you chaps realise the reasoning why and behind the defacation mechanic. (if it happens)

I for one hope its in game.

Rgds

LoK

i honestly hope your joking, because this would serve ACTUALLY no purpose other then "realism" what happens when your in a firefight... "i really have to go!" and you start taking a dump in the middle of a fight.

Edited by over9000nukez

i honestly hope your joking, because this would serve ACTUALLY no purpose other then "realism" what happens when your in a firefight... "i really have to go!" and you start taking a dump in the middle of a fight.

Infection

Spreading of disease

adding yet another basic human requirement for survival

It could be tied to a nutricion mechanic that forces the player to eat a balanced diet to avoid diarrhea or constipation aka no more eating only fruit or beans.

It could be used as a survival mechanic to track players having players see the human scat as a sign of nearby player activity.

There are lots of reasons why defecation would make sense in dayz things that would add not only to realism but the gameplay itself.

• Like 1

Pooping while being sniped has always been my biggest sexual fantasy....or the other way around, I swing both ways u know...but only when it comes to pooping.

But seriously...I would like to have a pooping "system"...but really its not something I would want any dev to spend time developing. I think there will be alot of features that needs to be prioritized before pooping.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Realism in a video game can go too far. Should they implement a key to breathe in, another to breathe out? Should they make it so you have to load ammo into magazines one bullet at a time? or numb fingers unable to release the safety catch on your M4?

I have no desire to watch a 3d model doing a defecating animation every half hour considering how fast you have to eat, nor have the constant 'I need a ...' message spam every few seconds that server owners seem to find so amusing.

I understand the idea of another form of contamination, another source of a variety of diseases and of course a smell sensor for the zombies, but surely as much of the more mundane realities of life should be automated or ignored as possible. What about sleeping? should you have to watch your sleeping character for 8 hours out of 24 playing time? Should they implement constipation? Flatulence? hmmm... flatulence could be quite... amusing. Not to mention fatal. Now I'm torn :huh:

Realism in a video game can go too far. Should they implement a key to breathe in, another to breathe out? Should they make it so you have to load ammo into magazines one bullet at a time? or numb fingers unable to release the safety catch on your M4?

I have no desire to watch a 3d model doing a defecating animation every half hour considering how fast you have to eat, nor have the constant 'I need a ...' message spam every few seconds that server owners seem to find so amusing.

I understand the idea of another form of contamination, another source of a variety of diseases and of course a smell sensor for the zombies, but surely as much of the more mundane realities of life should be automated or ignored as possible. What about sleeping? should you have to watch your sleeping character for 8 hours out of 24 playing time? Should they implement constipation? Flatulence? hmmm... flatulence could be quite... amusing. Not to mention fatal. Now I'm torn :huh:

Ahhh the good ol but dean its too realistic thus not fun please make more unrealistic.

• Like 2

I honestly wouldn't mind such a feature. I don't feel it's past that line of realism/ gameplay.

It doesn't make an automated task hard like running or breathing.

It could be used as a tool, could become a problem when you find you can't shit, it could indicate that you are sick (diarrhoea).

It could also be used to track down players, or the same for animals.

It is useful, but I can see it becoming a comedic element more than anything so either way it has it's positives.

I definitely think if it isn't added though, there is enough support to see it being added in an extreme realism mod.

I love the realism of the game but no thanks maybe a fear mechanic that makes you wet yourself or something in that range but we dont need to be taking a crap every 5 minutes.

Ahhh the good ol but dean its too realistic thus not fun please make more unrealistic.

How realistic are zombies anyway?

So they should spend resources developing defecation that could instead be put towards zombies obeying the laws of physics?

Really?  I would love to see a breakdown of the yes votes vs. the no votes by age.  For some reason I think their modality would be young vs. old.

If they add it I'm done with the game, and I would bet good money the majority of people old enough to buy the game on their own and buy DLC would feel the same way.

Edited by Zombie Milkman
  • Like 1

If they add this, they should add mandatory school in-game every day at 8am for all you folks under 18 :D