SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Did people have problems finding fish hooks before? Maybe it's just me but I seemed to find them all over the place.

Its making it harder and harder to find an assault rifle less spray and pray and adding more skill and better game play into the mix!

Unless something has changed about the AKM spawn points, its not having that effect from my experience.  On Experimental I would still travel to AF and military outpost looking for weapons but instead of finding M4s, it was AKMs.  Hell you can find them in police stations.  From my time on Experimental it has done nothing to reduce the number of assault rifles running around.   Now I agree it would be nice if they were more rare but right now you could just rename the M4 to AKM and you wouldn't even notice the difference.

You guys sure the fish hooks are back in?

I mean, I could never find one before, but still haven't found one, and am doubting their existence.    I have checked every single corner pub "Bar Military"  that I can find.  Every loot spawn in them, and every Piano House.   

That fishing hook is uber rare, I guess.

Any other tips on specific buildings to search?

garages north of chernogorsk. chapaevsk   055 126 coordinates.    every freaking time i found one there!

Interesting video someone posted about the current patch that is on EXP

http://youtu.be/RpsmMGWhO8c

Apparently they added a handguard to the AKM, so you can now attached a bipod & weapon flashlight to it. The thing looks like a freakin' beast with everything attached.

BqWINTHIIAEsBad.jpg

Edited by inphared
  • Like 1

You guys sure the fish hooks are back in?

I mean, I could never find one before, but still haven't found one, and am doubting their existence.    I have checked every single corner pub "Bar Military"  that I can find.  Every loot spawn in them, and every Piano House.   

That fishing hook is uber rare, I guess.

Any other tips on specific buildings to search?

Look at those light blue/green trailers on the floor at the floor behind an in front. Also found one in a garage. Good Luck!

anyone else noticing a decent fps boost? Also the server performance was pretty smooth. may have just bee because i was in a 30 player server though. Also the LRS seems to now spawn in abundance, i just found one in the three story house.  

Unless something has changed about the AKM spawn points, its not having that effect from my experience.  On Experimental I would still travel to AF and military outpost looking for weapons but instead of finding M4s, it was AKMs.  Hell you can find them in police stations.  From my time on Experimental it has done nothing to reduce the number of assault rifles running around.   Now I agree it would be nice if they were more rare but right now you could just rename the M4 to AKM and you wouldn't even notice the difference.

It makes since to find AKM's because you are placed in a Post-Soviet state. U.S. Marines did intervene in the Chedaki War in Arma II, so it would be logical to find U.S. weaponry, just not in Soviet establishments. Putting them in Blackhawk crashes (and potentially HMMWV crashes) makes more sense.

• Like 3

Any idea how long experimental is likely to stay up after 45 is pushed to stable? What usually happens?

thread was merged noob

You have already been warned once. Any more insults and youll get a point and a suspension.

L

Speaking of EXP, anyone test out using items to either chop down trees or open canned food? Before you would have a badly damaged item after opening only a few cans or chopping down 2-3 trees. Is that still the case?

Has anyone noticed that loot items aren't rendering on the ground as far away as they have for a while? I know it used to be that they would pop-up only when somewhat close, but that seemed to change a while ago, but back to only showing when near-ish

• Like 1

Been experiencing TONS of CTD and freezes.

Well, looks like I'll be reinstalling. DayZ decided to break itself.

Edited by Shadow134

Has anyone noticed that loot items aren't rendering on the ground as far away as they have for a while? I know it used to be that they would pop-up only when somewhat close, but that seemed to change a while ago, but back to only showing when near-ish

I noticed it during the beginning of this exp build that if I entered a hangar it looked empty, but if I moved further in the loot at the back would suddenly pop up. That is a bit too short rendering distance for my liking, since you will eventually end up missing out on a lot of loot that was actually just nearby your character. However this is probably the price to pay until 64-bit and general optmisation are done, and thats a fair compromise for the current relative smoothness of the game, I think.

• Like 3

I crashed 1 time today. I was configuring my sound while in-game & CTD. Have not been able to reproduce the crash though. Other than that game is running good (no rubberbanding or desync). Looking forward for the push to stable.

killed a boa and took its meat .  found a fishing hook in a barn

on experimental right now

the crashing after leaving or changing server is there again

Edited by brumey

Meant to ask is it worth posting ctd issues to the tracker. Had a few today, saved the appdata once but trying to recreate consistently. In both cases I was zoom viewing. Once at a sign and once at an object on top of a building site. Is there any real point reporting unless I can recreate?

I'll try just recording until it happens again.

Servers just ground to a halt. Haven't been able to open a door for the past 5 minutes.

Edited by Shadow134

Servers just ground to a halt. Haven't been able to open a door for the past 5 minutes.

same here so good to see its not me ... and each time i have issues connecting to a server dayz crashes 

killed a boa and took its meat .  found a fishing hook in a barn

on experimental right now

the crashing after leaving or changing server is there again

Oh lordy, i wondered if this would happen. everyone prepare yourselves for the ranting that shall occur when this patch goes stable with that bug still present.

Any status on the binoculars?

Also wondering if we get chars wiped on stable, should the exp version be pushed Wednesday.

This patch without rubberbanding feels awesome , it's definitely ready for stable.. But it does need some tweaks before it goes like more animals across the continent , they only seem to be (mostly) in the west as opposed to east ( I'm guessing to get us to go out west more) but its just not enough animals for an apocalypse that kills only humans :0 !

Also I haven't found the longhorn once , I've almost forgotten about it between the rubberbanding and wait for stable haha , I think increasing the spawn amount of that gun would be best cuz most of us haven't even tested it yet =P .

But besides that this patch definitely is stable worthy :) !

Any status on the binoculars?

Also wondering if we get chars wiped on stable, should the exp version be pushed Wednesday.

1. @Hicks_206 Hey Brian, are you going to reset everyone's character on stable when you update?

@BreaK_71 No, we wouldn't do that without notification - and there just is not enough time ;)

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

Before the last experimental rollback followed by re-update, I found AKs everywhere. Now, I can find everything for the AK except the AK itself. DayZ gods grant me one Kalashnikov this day! :P

T2UNkw5.jpg

On another note, I LOVE that the rubber banding due to the geometry issue that was introduced is now gone. All these great features but it was difficult to get past the issue to take the time to explore them. Now that I can run out of a building without worrying about teleporting back to the top of it and falling out I can really start to appreciate how much good stuff is in here.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 2

efore the last experimental rollback followed by re-update, I found AKs everywhere. Now, I can find everything for the AK except the AK itself. DayZ gods grant me one Kalashnikov this day!

Kalashnikov and animals were turned off for some time but 5 minutes ago I've spotted a boar south from Veresnik, so maybe AK is in game again too.

Yeah AKMS spawn but try finding a blood mag for one and I've only found 1 so far lol

More guns will be added diluting the mix more and more, more ammo more melee weapons, clothing, food will do this.

on a plus side found a hele crash but no phat lewt at balota air field :(

• Like 2