SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Anyone able to confirm if the constant crashes have stopped? The biggest annoyance, aside from rubberbanding, was the game crashing everytime you either tried to exit the game after playing on a server, or switch servers. Had to quit DayZ everytime I wanted to switch servers, or join the same server after a server restart/crash.

Yes when I closing game normally It saying stopped working also search for berries andsearch for apples option not available I dont know why? I tried alot of bushes and trees those options not appearing >:( >:(

Yes when I closing game normally It saying stopped working also search for berries andsearch for apples option not available I dont know why? I tried alot of bushes and trees those options not appearing > :( > :(

Searching for berries/apples, cutting trees for firewood & many other things have been temporarily "removed" to test the rubberbanding fix. They explicitly said that if all goes well, they will re-add them back either tomorrow or on Wednesday.

As for the crashes, that isn't what I like to hear. I was hoping that it would've been fixed but I guess not. Ah well, one thing at a time I guess.

Anyone able to confirm if the crashing issue was fixed? IE: anytime you switch servers, or rejoined one after a crash, you would have to close DayZ & re-open it, otherwise the game would crash with the "DayZ Stopped Working" error on your desktop.

tumblr_n7a26plrp31sfhyoqo1_250.gif

You are testing something really important right now: 64 bit dayz

Well the devs haven't said anything about moving 64-bit to exp and the game is still listed as a 32-bit program

Anyone able to confirm if the crashing issue was fixed? IE: anytime you switch servers, or rejoined one after a crash, you would have to close DayZ & re-open it, otherwise the game would crash with the "DayZ Stopped Working" error on your desktop.

Didnt crash after 2 server restart for me

I had a ctd after a server restarted and I joined another.

Really smooth gameplay for me (about 3 hours)

Me too. No noticeable lag and no freezing or stuttering at all.

Anyone able to confirm if the constant crashes have stopped? The biggest annoyance, aside from rubberbanding, was the game crashing everytime you either tried to exit the game after playing on a server, or switch servers. Had to quit DayZ everytime I wanted to switch servers, or join the same server after a server restart/crash.

I managed to get though to hicks on reddit about this. He wasn't aware of the bug and said they would look into this today. They have now acknowledged it on the bug tracker though. I love this game and do understand alpha and this bug is not a big deal if you are not frequently hopping servers but i will say that if they push .45 to stable without fixing it i have a strong premonition of a large shitstorm on these forums... 

• Like 2

So I logged into the exp servers, and it seems that both my HC and regular toons have been reset. Anyone else getting this? tried multiple servers in different continents, same result. Maybe they just aren't connecting to the hive? Just wondering if anyone else in the same boat.

Meantime, friggen' relax people. They are making with the patches. You're on experimental - expect it to be a little bit less than consistent or stable. Be happy we are starting to see progress again after a bit of a dead patch, they are working on it.

• Like 2

Searching for berries/apples, cutting trees for firewood & many other things have been temporarily "removed" to test the rubberbanding fix. They explicitly said that if all goes well, they will re-add them back either tomorrow or on Wednesday.

As for the crashes, that isn't what I like to hear. I was hoping that it would've been fixed but I guess not. Ah well, one thing at a time I guess.

Guess who was trying to pick apples... :/

Since the update I didn't experience any crashes. Smells like a timing dependent bug for me... These are the best :P

Edited by Agilov

sooo...... downgrading from 0.45.12499 to 0.45.124426 is what they call a fix to the rubber banding?? NICE...

Can't chop down trees.

No fishing hooks

No AKM's

No animals

No fire places

No fishing

Pretty much everything that was added to the last experimental was removed. OF COURSE THEY FIXED IT. The previous experimental build was smooth. But if reverting back is a way to fix problems (having a pretty damn large dev team), then that's sad...

nice........ I do have a feeling now like I got scammed by the dev team...

And yeah, regarding the blue shade in the inventory - It seems like it only appears when you open your inventory while facing East (or towards the sun).

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

So I logged into the exp servers, and it seems that both my HC and regular toons have been reset. Anyone else getting this? tried multiple servers in different continents, same result. Maybe they just aren't connecting to the hive? Just wondering if anyone else in the same boat.

Meantime, friggen' relax people. They are making with the patches. You're on experimental - expect it to be a little bit less than consistent or stable. Be happy we are starting to see progress again after a bit of a dead patch, they are working on it.

Mine too.

• Like 1

nice........ I do have a feeling now like I got scammed by the dev team...

Can't really be scammed if they warned you about this shit....

• Like 3

Within 3 hours playing I got one rubber-banding in the middle of the forrest north of NE airfield. But none in cities... Strange.

Players may notice some function or features not showing up on exp right now, will be updated back in after a night of testing. (In the AM)

Hicks just tweeted this ... guess we have to wait a bit mor

the blue and violet is strange! was this in the experimental before update?

the blue and violet is strange! was this in the experimental before update?

No

• Like 1

tumblr_n7a26plrp31sfhyoqo1_250.gif

You are testing something really important right now: 64 bit dayz

Then they probably should roll out a 64 bit client because it's still running in 32 bit right now.

I just got a new small...really small update, what's in it? (comments only confused me)

Players may notice some function or features not showing up on exp right now, will be updated back in after a night of testing. (In the AM)

Those features will be back.. :)

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

I just got a new small...really small update, what's in it? (comments only confused me)

Rubber banding fix afaik.

Those features will be back.. :)

You do know, people still won't see this right?  ;)

Edited by R.Neville

Holy shit, rollback to test a few things and suddenly you're a scammer. One of the bigger drawback of Early Access is the people that don't understand software development. :P

ANYWAY, I'm excited to see the rubber banding fix make its way in. Had a ton of fun playing with the new features but a few hours of that issue kinda wears you out.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

most of the 0.45 actions and items are removed, basically 0.44 now

already got an m4 with pristine MP and acog, 3 60 round mags

no ability to create fireplace kit

this isnt a bug they dun fucked up good

• Like 1

sooo...... downgrading from 0.45.12499 to 0.45.124426 is what they call a fix to the rubber banding?? NICE...

Obviously Experimental is not for you.

Elements has been removed to eliminate conflicts and will be added when the testing has proven satisfactory.

Topics merged and cleaned.

• Like 3