SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

usually you can get out be crawling, or jumping by the exterior wall

I tried it, and it did not work, I have been trying to vault out several times over but I simply can't get out.

I tried it, and it did not work, I have been trying to vault out several times over but I simply can't get out.

my buddy managed to get out by sprinting and jumping into the right hand wall, clipping into the office, if that doesn't work walk to the window, press f4, and minimize the game, someone will see you and shoot you eventually.

I was just wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to come and kill one of my characters, or both, so that I can continue playing? I am currently stuck in the Novy PD, second floor, in the room with the boarded up door.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197348-how-to-get-out-of-the-floor-of-the-green-slanted-house/?hl=%2Bhow+%2Bto+%2Bget+%2Bout+%2Bof+%2Bwall

I got murdered on the NE Airfield earlier on today on one of the Experimental Servers, which kinda' sucks. I was calling friendly because I saw a guy trying to be stealthy (which failed, nevertheless he saw me first). I was literally a fresh spawn, I spawned in Olsha, made me way to the radio mast and down to the airfield. I picked myself up a default 1911 with no magazine and 25 rounds.

I loaded one and pushed up to the hangars (which is where I saw him).

It turned out to be two guys. I ran inside of the hangar, which was stupid on my behalf since I practically cornered myself. Two guys flooded into the hangar whilst I was yelling friendly. I had nothing, I even had my 1911 lowered whilst doing the friendly dance. Two shots, and then they loot me, and for what? Nothing.

They had M4's and I was posing no threat.

I was thinking people would be more lenient on the Experimental Servers, which I'll be honest is usually the case..

The 9 plus people iv'e met so far have been friendly, not use to it at all, given the AKM on my back I would have thought everyone would be out to kill me, just isn't the case, but that also comes with the territory. I stay out of the east side of the map, anyone inward is pretty much looking for loot just like you and isn't too eager to get into a conflict, I wouldn't dare go by NE or anywhere else and expect to live for long

Edited by F22RaptorDude

I'm trying to live off the land since it's now made possible but I can't chop any firewood for some reason... Anyone else? 

I have tried all suggestions, logging in and out repeatedly, trying to vault into the office, trying to pull out my rifle and all of that. Nothing works.

EDIT:

Nevermind, logged onto a 700 ping server and now I am magically free.

Edited by Santa fox
  • Like 1

Several issues (not bugs) I noticed:

• RUBBER-BANDING
  • Too many animals
  • Too much ammo & too many AKMs (maybe for testing purposes?)
  • RUBBER-BANDING

I haven't found one akm and I have literally ran across only 3 animals. I will concur lots of rubber banding when exiting buildings. I think I haven't found any akm's because I get shot to often when exploring the experimental made for testing and reporting bugs. I really wish we had servers for testing different aspects of the game, but I am hoping that some of you are lucky enough to actually test and help make the game better!!

I'm trying to live off the land since it's now made possible but I can't chop any firewood for some reason... Anyone else? 

You have to use your axe and then use your scroll wheel whilst looking directly at a tree, you don't just click down LMB and the tree falls, it's a scroll option.

• Like 1

They really need to fix ballistics im still dying way to quick to gunfire to counter shit even with full armor on.

Has anyone found a way to prevent rubberbanding ? I tried walking slowly out and into the buildings but it only works in some cases, most of the time rubberbanding goes crazy

Edited by Gdaddy22

<p>

Several issues (not bugs) I noticed:

• RUBBER-BANDING
  • Too many animals
  • Too much ammo & too many AKMs (maybe for testing purposes?)
  • RUBBER-BANDING

Are you Trolling us with the animal one ? I haven't been able to find any animals in the north east , everyone keeps telling me to check NE airfield and the adjacent fields on a fresh server, and I've done that three times now for about an hour and found no animals :( .. Are all you animal finders finding them up north west or something ?

You have to use your axe and then use your scroll wheel whilst looking directly at a tree, you don't just click down LMB and the tree falls, it's a scroll option.

that option came automatically for me when I approach a tree with a splitting axe in my hands. I can only guess that a firefighter's axe also works... .

Are you Trolling us with the animal one ? I haven't been able to find any animals in the north east , everyone keeps telling me to check NE airfield and the adjacent fields on a fresh server, and I've done that three times now for about an hour and found no animals :( .. Are all you animal finders finding them up north west or something ?

Ok, check the dayzdb.com map. I have always found exactly 3 cows in the fields around the coordinates 120, 066. At most maybe 200 or 300 meters from that spot. You can easily kill them in melee, I can confirm that you get your steaks and pelts with a kitchen knife or machete.

If you do that and have a rope, can you please craft a leather courier bag and then an improvised backpack? If you need sticks, just harvest a bush. The courier bag works for me, but crafting a backpack makes the thing vanish... . Can you verify if that also happens to you?

Does anyone here have Adobe Premiere Pro CS6? I can't upload any of my dayz video's due to the audio being completely off every time I import a video, if i sync it in one place it makes it worse in another, i'm kind of at a loss here. I'm also using shadowplay to record

They really need to fix ballistics im still dying way to quick to gunfire to counter shit even with full armor on.

Ballistics deals with the trajectory and science of projectiles. Are you saying they need to fix how the bullets fly through the air because you are dying too fast? 

Or are you saying the damage is too high, you want it nerfed so you have a better chance to turn and kill a person who had the clear jump on you? 

Does anyone have definitive proof of respawning loot on experimental servers ? I've heard from a bunch of people that it was supposed to be on exp , but me and a friend raided the new city novamitrodovsk (or whatever) svetlojarsk and cherna polyana in a weird triangle pattern over and over again and never saw new stuff :( maybe just bad luck as there were 40 people on , we just didn't run into many people at all so we assumed others weren't getting it ?

Anyone know if there was a character wipe on Exp?? 

I just logged in and I am back at shore. If you are killed after logging out does it tell you? Do you log back in on the "You are dead" screen if your killed while logged out?? 

I hope it's a character wipe because even though I was in a risky log out spot there are no zombies in the new town and I was not in combat. 

Ballistics deals with the trajectory and science of projectiles. Are you saying they need to fix how the bullets fly through the air because you are dying too fast? 

Or are you saying the damage is too high, you want it nerfed so you have a better chance to turn and kill a person who had the clear jump on you? 

Well idk i feel things like the ballistic helm are just not doing there job very well at the moment even at pristine condition. 2 shots at the most and your down at best depending on the weapon. Especially when dealing with unstable ppl.

Edited by Deathlove

Does anyone have definitive proof of respawning loot on experimental servers ? I've heard from a bunch of people that it was supposed to be on exp , but me and a friend raided the new city novamitrodovsk (or whatever) svetlojarsk and cherna polyana in a weird triangle pattern over and over again and never saw new stuff :( maybe just bad luck as there were 40 people on , we just didn't run into many people at all so we assumed others weren't getting it ?

Grids. The map is separated into grids. All players must be outside of a looted area for x amount of time before the loot will respawn. So the only real way to test it is empty server, loot NEAF go to NWAF and loot the entire place. Eventually make it back to NEAF, and new loot will be present. Im not sure of the time it takes, but that is how it works. 

Anyone know if there was a character wipe on Exp?? 

I just logged in and I am back at shore. If you are killed after logging out does it tell you? Do you log back in on the "You are dead" screen if your killed while logged out?? 

I hope it's a character wipe because even though I was in a risky log out spot there are no zombies in the new town and I was not in combat. 

No wipe, just private hive so there is no connection to your previous player. But, in all actuality it was a wipe more than likely. I dont foresee us getting those old characters back even when it goes to public hive.

Well idk i feel things like the ballistic helm are just not doing there job very well at the moment even at pristine condition. 2 shots at the most and your down at best depending on the weapon. Especially when dealing with unstable ppl.

If you get shot in the back of the head it works, but in the face it does nothing. Same for side of face, etc.. It only takes 1-2 shots to the head to drop dead and that should stay that way. With the helmet it will take about 3-4 M4 rounds to drop you dead if shot from behind in the back of the helmet. Chest shots take a variation of rounds to drop you, but the Mosin can drop you in 1-2 chest shots. It really just comes down to not letting someone get the drop on you, and trust me no matter how hard you try there are still moments where there is just nothing you can do. Like: snipers, server hoppers, campers, etc.. Stay vigilant, stay low, and stay fast. If you do that your survival rate will increase. Its just sad that you cant run around all yolo on experimental as usual because the asshats that are killing everything that moves under the sun for no reason at all. 

If you get shot in the back of the head it works, but in the face it does nothing. Same for side of face, etc.. It only takes 1-2 shots to the head to drop dead and that should stay that way. With the helmet it will take about 3-4 M4 rounds to drop you dead if shot from behind in the back of the helmet. Chest shots take a variation of rounds to drop you, but the Mosin can drop you in 1-2 chest shots. It really just comes down to not letting someone get the drop on you, and trust me no matter how hard you try there are still moments where there is just nothing you can do. Like: snipers, server hoppers, campers, etc.. Stay vigilant, stay low, and stay fast. If you do that your survival rate will increase. Its just sad that you cant run around all yolo on experimental as usual because the asshats that are killing everything that moves under the sun for no reason at all. 

I don't even run around all yolo im normally pretty careful but the social aspect of this game is just getting fucking worse and worse. More ppl are just firing first like morons even when you have no weapons.

The Doom Frag Fest mentality is only getting worse.

• Like 2

I don't even run around all yolo im normally pretty careful but the social aspect of this game is just getting fucking worse and worse. More ppl are just firing first like morons even when you have no weapons.

Until they actually add survival into the game, it's going to stay like that

• Like 1

Is the Punch stronger now? It feels way stronger since i get punched to unconsciousness almost every time. This is a bit annoying, especially when you play on a HC Server and someone is sneaking up in a dead angle.

Edited by Owltalktoyou

but there is still hope....

I had an awesome run last night on the Aussi hardcore server, teaming up with all kind of different people ...no guns ( a crossbow and a hunting riffle both without ammo) ..no camo clothing..just a bunch of survivors wearing schoolbags and swinging all kind of melee weapons ..we had good fun just searching for all the required stuff to create a campfire and even get some matches by trading with some other friendly survivors...

It all comes down to a very few simple things ...make military guns and ammo extremely rare and give players common threats and goals...

Edited by Private Evans

Until they actually add survival into the game, it's going to stay like that

I really like to play this game as survival not PVP, maybe this is because I am playing alone. I am sure they will make it even harder to survive. But I know that many people buy this game to play PVP in teams. So, selling this game is a business and I think that all types of users must be pleased. I am thinking of two types of servers: survival and PVP. Weapons on Survival mode should be very rare and very few pristine like it wold be in reality; also food - survival is the challenge. On PVP, should be a lot of food, weapons and ammunition - like it is right now on current servers. In this way the two types of players will naturally split in half: PVP on their severs and survival on the other servers. I imagine that someone who spent 200 hours on PVP will die alone within 3 hours on survival servers :)

EDIT: Oh, to avoid another problem, there should be separate hives as well, to avoid gearing on PVP and come to survival. And hardcore and regular should be only a server setting and not separate hives.

Edited by lucianpin

My PC froze i come back and i'm a fresh spawn (Didn't die my friends protected my charactor) also upon server reset it says  everyone on that server was my friend, see screenshotDayZ2014-05-2607-25-51-79_zps95a21c34.pn

This is a 30 person server no?

The first day I was using these 30 pop servers and was reset about 5 times, but just thought that this was planned to enable more people to have a go. Trouble was I never had a chance to do any of the new things because by the time I was set up to look for animals to kill the hour was up. Today i tried a 40 person server and made a note of its number. Come the reset, i logged back in and there I was. Been on the same server now for a while and finally hooked up with the new gun but still looking for mags, got some fish hooks too and a machete, rope an axe, still need to find a Spade or Hoe then identify the tree to chop down to get the rod.... So much stuff to do! 

Anyway, i hope this helps, good luck

Edited by Poindexter