kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Okay... I was expecting alot more from this patch and was under the impression that hunting/fireplaces etc was going to be added. I thought this was for the 1st quarter, according to the development road map.

I am disappointed to see that so little progress has been made.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels that the dev's just..couldn't give a f**k as they forgot to add an entire town when there was so little being updated and the majority of things that have been brought to stable aren't working correctly. What the hell are they doing with their time because it sure aint working on this game.

• Like 6

Add 100 player servers to it and ouch, ill say the lighting effects are nice, all buildings accessible. But other than that, the fail is awfully strong in this team. Bring in the EPOCH boys, fire the losers. LOL. 

And if the 100 player server fill doesn't mean it's because of the update. I Don't like this update, but i do play, and I'm trying to find new bugs and report them...So there are cases and cases and now as i'm reading from the ticket already made about FPS drops, I'm starting to see people reporting more fps problems than before. And if your nice for this update is an your opinion and i'm glad for you, but maibe won't fit tastes of the other 99 people.

• Like 2

Damn why do I see this just now, I can report on at least 50 servers ^^

You are not the only person to know this. And YES this is relevant to a discussion of the new stable patch

Unfortunately, the DayZ SA forums do NOT ACCEPT discussion of the very widespread 'server abuse' subject. Threads on this subject are blocked. The reasons given are ridiculous.

I expect this reply to your valid comment will be removed. There ARE NOW NO "rules". The quoted 'rules' are irrelevant and are ignored, The "rules" make me ashamed for BI and the Forums.

The reasons given for gagging this topic are spurious. Of course the Server Providers and BI do NOTHIING about these servers.

Everyone knows this, BI, Server Providers, and players. We are not stupid.

Of course the 'F-the-rules' attitude of many server Admins is very relevant to any discussion of the new stable patch. It is an important contribution to this thread Unfortunately Admin attitude and delibrate flouting of the now-laughable 'rules' has not been addressed in this patch. This is affecting gameplay profoundly.

(I have found very few refrerences to the situation in my fairly extensive examination of the ongoing SA development subject).

xx Have a good time anyway.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3

I hate to be the "its alpha guy" but it is... Of course it is not perfect.

Zombies are also not that hard to kill lmao they have also had their ability to make you bleed reduced. Nothing in SA is final and everything is subject to change, You where warned on steam several times not to buy this game if you where exepcting a bug free game and you also click a button stating "i understand" that is located under a paragraph of text that explains to you that this is early alpha and that there will be bugs/broken things and stuff will change.

of course you wanted to be the " this is an alpha.." of course I know its an alpha, just when last nigh I was killing zombies with fire axe with a single blow and now take 7-9 hits, sorry...its not the same... 

i ahve an idea, guys. along with a flashlight, you spawn with a cyanide pill you can take or use on yourself with a 90% chance of death- otherwise you have an immunity or soemthing of the sort. that would fix the suicide button ordeal and create a wierd, Battle Royal feeling to the whole random people on a deserted russian penisnsula thng- gives some backstory.

CYANIDE PILLS

• Like 2

i ahve an idea, guys. along with a flashlight, you spawn with a cyanide pill you can take or use on yourself with a 90% chance of death- otherwise you have an immunity or soemthing of the sort. that would fix the suicide button ordeal and create a wierd, Battle Royal feeling to the whole random people on a deserted russian penisnsula thng- gives some backstory.

CYANIDE PILLS

It'd need to take a good long time to kill you, or it would just further encourage the suicide cult of newspawns who want to get back to berezino DM faster.

No cooking system? BUT WE CAN USE AS WEAPON A COOKING POT LOL LOL LOO....

I understand!

• Like 2

Hmmm...

Here's a collection of issues  that I've observed so far on this thread:
(I understand some of these can be subjective, but it is feedback nonetheless)

1. When you get kicked by the server there's now a 600 second timer.
  2. Switching from hardcore to regular and vice versa = timer.
  3. Player's hardcore characters are being wiped out and replaced by their regular characters. (W..T...F...???)
  4. Zombies are now impervious to melee (unintended bug) you can only melee them with a headshot.
  5. Graphic quality has possibly been reduced on the structures in the game increasing FPS for some with lower end systems??
  6. On the other hand some say gfx have been made better???
  7. Physics in the game is impacted by server load. items you throw/drop will behave irregularly and may fall slower/faster, etc. Most of the time items thrown fall in slow mo'?
  8. There's a city in the patch logs that doesn't actually exist. (yeah... good Q/A on that one)
  9. Scope zoom, whether LRS, Acog, iron sights, etc is weird now. Apparently you can almost see your whole rifle (like when you have your FOV at max setting).
  10. Plain vision zoom, to discern distant objects, has been corrected/nerfed to reflect iron sight range.
  11. No hunting/animals/fires.
  12. Something was added to bullet ballistics?? Decipher this one: "Server: Basic item bullet physics enabled (known issues tied to server performance)" It was listed as new and enabled. (So if it has issues with server performance, why is it enabled on stable?????)
  13. Reports that bullet impacts are even more random/reduced now. i.e. where you shoot, you should see an impact, but people are seeing the impacts even less now at higher distances.
  14. Apparently blood splatter beyond 300m seems to have disappeared.
  15. Lighting/Gamma has changed in game. Not the option for it, but just the basic lighting of the maps/structures has become brighter/saturated.
  16. 1:1 mouse controls are enabled but people are saying it sucks for LRS, making people resort to the DPI setting on their mice.
  17. Dropping the Sickle result in it floating in front of you.
  18. Footstep sounds in structures are "gone."
  19. A regular bow is in the game with infinite arrows loaded all the time.
  20. Other players are saying major FPS hits vs the improvement others are mentioning.
  21. Binos don't work in prone or kneeling. (ok... then why release the bino's when they're not done...)
  22. Also, you can't move while using binos.
  23. AND... you can't look down using the binos if you're on a building because they won't work properly.
  24. Dropping items in front of you, possibly the new physics, causes the item to despawn shortly after. Several people have reported "throwing clothing" in front of them a couple of feet and then the item despawns and doesn't reappear.
  25. Floating shadows if environmental lighting is on/near the horizon.
  26. People have spawned in walls. (Really? Wait... what? Really??!?)
  27. FNX45 Red Dot sight may not be functioning properly. (Q/A failed again?)
  28. Apparently the Amphibia is now also messed up somehow.
  29. Zombies seem to hit you even though they're 4-5m away.
  30. Extreme sunlight/HDR is being reported as coming through structure walls, such as houses or the broken ship.
  31. Someone shot by an M4 in the head reports having shoes ruined(?).
  32. Function keys (F1 - F8) are now apparently messed up. Someone mentioned "does crazy shit." I received clarification: "e.g. If you try to wave it goes into prone and waves, the keys don't respond in a timely manner, and also don't do the correct gesture. It did it to me yesterday, jump on for 5 mins and try it yourself... I gave up after 5 mins of it doing random shit."
  33. Fruits and vegetables are reportedly able to be eaten repeatedly/infinitely.

This list almost seems as long as the changelog?

So, now this gets me thinking... Was this a good idea? Honestly...? And here's a few comments on this... and please take this from a professional IT Manager working in a large company that has experience working with several teams of various disciplines at the same time.

W...T...F is going on with your project management over there? Wtf is going on with your work flows? Checklists... do you guys even have a checklist???

Who is doing your guy's Q/A to release patches? Who thinks it's a good idea to release broken concept items (binos/bows)? Who makes the decision to not fix bugs that are present on EXP and propagates them to the Stable servers? Who puts in the patch notes stuff that doesn't exist (missing city)?

What this shows... is that no one over there knows wtf is going on. Sorry... but that's it in a nutshell. I don't want to be mean or rude... but this all makes your development team look disjointed and disorganized, and I'm sorry, there's no way this is a professional team working on these issues. If I had a team like this on staff they'd reprimanded and worse, fired.

Maybe it's because I was in the military and I expected better performance from my subordinates. I wanted the job done right. Done in a timely manner and done according to the SOP... but holy jesus guys... really?

What this makes it look like, is this:

Yes... you had your coders in there developing a badass new netcode system. Great! Awesome! I'm all for it... but wtf did everyone else on the other teams do? Go out, have some beers? Choke the chicken for a bit and come in and say... "Hey... put my stuff in... it's not ready, but what the hell. Good enough!" This is directed at the dudes involved in making people spawn in walls... the guys involved with half-assed binos and bows and who knows what other half-assed stuff.

I mean seriously. If it ain't done... it ain't done. I get it, I can understand that. But seriously... putting in half assed mechanics or stuff... really just discredits the team.

I love DayZ... there's no other game like it... I love all you hard working developers... but man... you guys sure know how to ruin a much anticipated patch release. :(

EDIT: I will continually add more things to this list. Lets see if we can get the "messed up after the patch list" to be longer than the patch log... I have no DOUBT we can make it happen.

Added 4/24/2014 12:15: 14, 28, 29, 30, 31

Added 4/24/2014 14:25: 32

Added 4/25/2014 17:04: 33

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 24

The FNX45 red dot sight doesn't seem to work even with a battery.  Put a battery in, turned it on and nothing.  Put that battery in a pistol flashlight and turned it on and worked fine.  Did this with the next two batteries I found and same results.  Also when you "turn on" the sight it never says "turn off" like a flashlight telling me it simply isn't able to be turned on (at least in the daytime).

FPS entering buildings has taken a huge hit.  I have a decent gaming rig and I almost freeze completely at times.  My friend just got a brand new set up and isn't as bad but actually still lags at times entering/walking up to buildings. 

AS for the mouse movement, horrible IMO if I didn't have a mouse where I can fix the sensitivity with a click of a button I'd give up.  Moves way to fast IMO, sure fully loaded M4 might move slow, but a pistol (which I use in buildings and towns usually) moves way to fast.  Unrealistically fast for sure. 

Yeah, its been a month since the last major update. This is moving PAAAIIIINNNfully slow.

yeah, thay really need to get this shit together now.

• Like 1

Hmmm...

Here's a collection of issues  that I've observed so far on this thread:

Player's hardcore characters are being wiped out and replaced by their regular characters. (W..T...F...???)

I haven't experienced this yet, I haven't been on stable branch today, but if this happens to me I'll be enraged.

• Like 1

The FNX45 red dot sight doesn't seem to work even with a battery.  Put a battery in, turned it on and nothing.  Put that battery in a pistol flashlight and turned it on and worked fine.  Did this with the next two batteries I found and same results.  Also when you "turn on" the sight it never says "turn off" like a flashlight telling me it simply isn't able to be turned on (at least in the daytime).

FPS entering buildings has taken a huge hit.  I have a decent gaming rig and I almost freeze completely at times.  My friend just got a brand new set up and isn't as bad but actually still lags at times entering/walking up to buildings. 

AS for the mouse movement, horrible IMO if I didn't have a mouse where I can fix the sensitivity with a click of a button I'd give up.  Moves way to fast IMO, sure fully loaded M4 might move slow, but a pistol (which I use in buildings and towns usually) moves way to fast.  Unrealistically fast for sure. 

How did they even break the FNX optics?

Less FPS? Great, just bloody great.

I prefer he new mouse movement, however the sensitivity is way too high, even on the lowest setting: needs adjustment, but this was at least a step in the right direction.

I really appreciate the patch. Some things that have been reported here I couldn't verify. (e.g., dropped my pants at various occations several times and they didn't vanish.)

However, I can confirm the shoe sound bug. No steps are being heard upstairs in barns with Jungle boots.

The tuna is invisible in my backpack too, the Rasputin Kvas drink won't empty.

Having some experience with loading up mods myself, the latest update makes a bit the impression that it has been released a little hastily.

Folks, calm down, no reason to go mad, happens to times. ^^

I'd also like to add that the current patch not necessarily reflects the current state of development. In other words: Probably they are working on content which wasn't yet complete enough to be released at this point.

Edit

Also it takes a considerably longer time to close the game. From the main menu to desktop may take round about 15 to 30 seconds, way longer than before.

Edited by Ken Bean

I haven't experienced this yet, I haven't been on stable branch today, but if this happens to me I'll be enraged.

It's happening on some servers and not on others.  Was very confusing for sure.  If you log onto a HC server and you see your Standard character just log off (take the time penalty) and try another one.  Your stuff is there and not lost, it's just some servers are wacky.

• Like 2

Yay, an stable update :). Keep it coming, slow or fast. Doesnt matter for me.

• Like 2

It's happening on some servers and not on others.  Was very confusing for sure.  If you log onto a HC server and you see your Standard character just log off (take the time penalty) and try another one.  Your stuff is there and not lost, it's just some servers are wacky.

Noted.

• Like 1

How did they even break the FNX optics?

Less FPS? Great, just bloody great.

I prefer he new mouse movement, however the sensitivity is way too high, even on the lowest setting: needs adjustment, but this was at least a step in the right direction.

FNX45 red dot sight simply has no dot, it's just like your looking through a piece of glass attached to your weapon.

FPS is only crappy (for me and my friends I talked to) when dealing with buildings which is odd.  Walk into a building and it gets so slow at times I almost freeze fully then it clears up.  Even in a little barn or such it happens.  Very annoying to say the least.  While I could say "I need a new system" I really don't, it's not bad at all and again I have a friend that just got a new gaming rig and it happens to him (although not as bad). 

U must see that ticket:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=247

There are a lot of people having the same issue using an high-end PC

I don't really have a high end PC and I didn't have time to check a city yet (Zeleno is closest to me), but I upvoted it. I just have 45-60 in the wilderness like before, but it feels much smoother.

So I was crouching earlier while reconing at Balota and a zombie came up and insta-killed me. I was like "fine I was crouched and got hit in the head". So I respawn, run around a bit in Lumber Mill, continue to Khelm to find a crossbow! Happy days, yay! One minute later a Zombie hits me through the post office wall and I died. I wasn't crouched that time damnagit!

The two times being oneshotted by zombies (who now take about a gazillion times to kill in melee) left a fairly poor taste in my mouth. I am not sure it has anything to do with this patch, but my character had been alive for a month or so, and tonight I died twice cause of one hit from Zombies.

I also experienced more desync than I usually do, but I guess it could have been the server.

Edited by Heinz57
  • Like 2

Ok, I haven't jumped on since the latest update yet, so I can't speak to any of the issues being reported here. What I CAN mention, however, is something that may have been around for a while, but I'm just now experiencing it.

Yesterday, I was approaching the NE airstrip, and, when I got up next to the western-most building (jailhouse), I noticed the front doors were open, so I decided to drop my backpack under a tree outside to hide it, so that, if I DID encounter someone, they wouldn't be able to KoS me and take all my stuff (unless they happened to run across the backpack, which was unlikely). I entered the building and found nobody, but I DID find a green mountain backpack (the one I dropped was blue), which I thought might be better to use as far as visibility goes (I later decided the green is so bright that the blue one was probably better). So I picked it up and ran back out to my backpack I had dropped in order to transfer everything over to the new backpack. I decided to leave a few items (a can of beans, a can of cola, some rags, etc.) just in case somebody DID manage to find the old backpack, it might be a bit rewarding for them to get some useful items (perhaps I'm still in "Easter Mode" :P). I'm actually glad I did this, and here's why: after transferring most of my items to the new backpack, I decided to drop THAT one under a DIFFERENT tree while I continued to scout out the rest of the airstrip, so that someone wouldn't find BOTH backpacks under the same tree; problem is, when I dropped the new backpack, instead of appearing on the ground as the old one did, it instead appeared in the tree, as though it were some over-sized Xmas ornament, and I could no longer interact with it, meaning I could not only NOT pick it up, but I couldn't get anything out of it either. So I essentially lost all of the items I had transferred to the new backpack, as well as the backpack itself, which is why I'm glad I left a few supplies in the old backpack, as I had to pick it up and continue using it instead.

Again, this may be an issue that's existed, but I encountered it for the first time last night. Not sure how the new update has affected it (if at all), but I think it's definitely something that should be added to the list of needed fixes and addressed (at some point); I don't like the idea of losing a backpack full of supplies simply because it's glitched into a tree. I think the ability to stash stuff where others will have a hard time finding it will be crucial in this game eventually, as well as a fun mechanic.