kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

I detected a few weird things:

- As someone said before, it seems to me that gamma or something to colours and graphics have been changed. Now it looks worse to me. Lights and shadows seems to be more clear and all looks more un-realistic in general terms.

- I can't hear my own footsteps on some buildings when I have something in my hands.

- Also noticed the drop on FPS, don't know why though.

- I found the crossbow on two ocassions but there is no description in it, and second time it was in building wich I think don't use to respawn weapons.

• Like 2

Is the crossbow broken as it was on experimental?

I don't want to switch to stable atm, I keep testing experimental branch, so I ask.

(I'm referring to infinite shots with one arrow if you wait for the reload time to pass, arrows not stackable and impossibility to put them in quiver, etc)

Hokay. So I played the latest patch to stable and I would like to notify some issues and some positives that I have experienced thus far.

-You can't throw the sickle, it glitches and hovers infront of you. It can however be picked back up in the Tab menu.

-Some items disappear into completely when dropped. I tried switching out my pants for another pair, and when I dropped them on the ground they disappeared. (I waited 5 mins, looted then went to check if they had appeared but they did not. Same thing again when I switched out a shirt.

-Footstep sounds are bugged indoors, I had not noticed any sounds for footsteps indoors. No sound of creaking boards, ect.

-New town NW of NWAF it's a small community and looks like a WIP but from the looks of it it's coming along nicely.

-Can't use the sewing kit on the tracksuit pants to repair them.

-Certain items de spawn after throwing them. Tried this with a machete, can of soda, wrench, SKS bayonet. I did this on a clear road to make sure I would noticed if they had "physic'd"

anywhere. The Bayonet and the machete de spawned before I could retrieve them.

-Cans of Sardines are bugged. They have no icon, just a gray square. When right clicked I receive no other option than to inspect.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

-Some items disappear into completely when dropped. I tried switching out my pants for another pair, and when I dropped them on the ground they disappeared. (I waited 5 mins, looted then went to check if they had appeared but they did not. Same thing again when I switched out a shirt.

I know this issue from (new) experimental. If you drop something and it doesn't appear in front or close to you, then it was dropped at a place you were at. Especially in buildings it could happen sometimes. Only way to get back your stuff is to check the way you came from. If magazines or scopes disappear, they are most likely at the spot you looted them from.

So i spawned in as usual right next to a zombie. I pulled my axe out and hit it but it didnt go down, 5 hits later i pulled out my m4 and tore it open, but called in a horde of zombies. I used the axe again and i had to finish off the zombie with a gun. Why has the axe been turned to shit, now i have no option to take out zombies quietly, and i cant run away from them either, also is there a new melee weapon that is better than the fire axe?

Melee weapons are bugged at this moment (according to patch notes).

However i can imagine taking down a creature that does not feel danger nor pain might take more than one hit with an axe (unless it's a lucky hit destroying its brain ofc).

personally i feel you should leave these comments in this forum, makes finding problems easier for this patch, THEN we can go to the bug pages. Just my opinion.

In this thread no feedback about bugs will be removed. But it's also not topic-worthy, as we do have this thread. Feel free to post in here.

Only comments that will be removed are the "why no fire yet?" "Why is development so slow?" "Develop faster, you have all the monies on the world!" - as this is not the place for that.

• Like 3

Regular and Hardcore Characters share the same Gear now. Everything is identically for me. Even the Items in the inventory are stored in the same order.

Edit:

There are only few servers with this problem. Most of the Servers seem to differ between hc and regular chars.

Edited by Owltalktoyou

Please keep it on topic - which isn't the development speed. There are other threads about that.

If you read my post again, what you've did before editing your post, you will notice that my comment isn't only about the development speed. It is also about informing the players, about information on twitter, update itself and there is also a "thanks for update"

you can delete this one after you read it because it's quite off-top

Edited by MetapoliC
  • Like 6

Played for over an hour, game seems smooth enough to me, although I was not in big towns.

Looted Veresnik base, noticed that barracks were spawning a lot less loot. Thats good, but maybe was also prepatch, dunno.

Continuing my search for mystical shangrila place called Karmanovka, supposedly further north from NWA.

• Like 1

The new timer is a joke. You get kicked by server admin for no reason --> 600 sek timer. Bad joke

I thought there woun't be any timer, if you are rejoining the very same server, you left (or was kicked from).

Since going back to the same one is not hopping in the end.

• Like 1

I thought there woun't be any timer, if you are rejoining the very same server, you left (or was kicked from).

Since going back to the same one is not hopping in the end.

Makes no sense to join the same server you got kicked off. There are many admins who kick you because they want to be alone with their friends and they don't seem to be able to simply set a password.

• Like 2

Makes no sense to join the same server you got kicked off. There are many admins who kick you because they want to be alone with their friends and they don't seem to be able to simply set a password.

Make sure to report servers that actually kick you off when joining, as it's against the rules:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

• Like 9

Played for over an hour, game seems smooth enough to me, although I was not in big towns.

Looted Veresnik base, noticed that barracks were spawning a lot less loot. Thats good, but maybe was also prepatch, dunno.

Continuing my search for mystical shangrila place called Karmanovka, supposedly further north from NWA.

They declared Karmankova is not in yet, they promised it for the next patch (who cares, btw).

Source: latest tweets, look at the dev tracker.

Any news on my previous question about the crossbow, anyone?

And, if you get kicked by one of those illegal join-kick clan servers, you have to change it (and report it).... It is impossible to play there and there is no reason to do it.

• Like 1

so... alot of updates.. but still NO animals to hunt?? no deer/sheep/pigs/boar etc. darn it.. was looking forward to making a bow and arrows and going on hunting trips with my mates.. -.-
oh well maybe the next update in 6 monthes

• Like 2

They are just not allowed to set a password (global rule from the devs). And they are not allowed to kick players for no reason (like bad language or cheating) as well. But many admins do to be able to loot everything alone, clone stuff etc. before they change to a full server. If so, just report them

Edited by DerDaten

so... alot of updates.. but still NO animals to hunt?? no deer/sheep/pigs/boar etc. darn it.. was looking forward to making a bow and arrows and going on hunting trips with my mates.. -.-

oh well maybe the next update in 6 monthes

They said before the end of April, if I remember well. Let's see :-).

• Like 3

I detected a few weird things:

- As someone said before, it seems to me that gamma or something to colours and graphics have been changed. Now it looks worse to me. Lights and shadows seems to be more clear and all looks more un-realistic in general terms.

- I can't hear my own footsteps on some buildings when I have something in my hands.

- Also noticed the drop on FPS, don't know why though.

- I found the crossbow on two ocassions but there is no description in it, and second time it was in building wich I think don't use to respawn weapons.

Agreed about graphic and gamma colors, does it has been already reported on feedbacks? Now it seems more cartoonish

Edited by GunnyITA

Happened to me 3 times today.

well done developers,

Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg

please patch it down, back to latest stable please :)

• Like 5

They said before the end of April, if I remember well. Let's see :-).

hunting/cooking etc. was actually planned for the first quarter of 2014.. so month 3... their a month 'over-due but indeed we'll see.. I hope they stick to the end of april.. as my post said.. I hope they said end of april.. and I hope im wrong about the 6 monthes.. but indeed we'll see what happens.