Sign in to follow this  
tatchell (DayZ)

New 1:1 Mouse Controls are not good for the game

1:1 was only the foundation for better system. At least I hope so. Prone issue could be solved that they limit the prone sensitivity. Saying that the new system is just to please the CoD crowd is just bullshit.

• Like 1

When i first logged onto exp my screen was spinning like a drunkard Englishman at Ibiza.

I had to bring the sensitivity down quite a bit and i would like it to come down even more so an new slider is probably needed.

A new slider is needed yes, as lowest sensitivity it's still too much for me.

But the new system works. The fact that you can prone and spin around is not a result of the 1:1 mechanic, that movement is independent and they can tweak it if they need to.

Cod crowd eh? What about the weapon swing delay? Thats not for cod kiddies, just lower the prone movement speed and ill be happy.

• Like 2

I think the 1:1 controls are great, I'm a fit guy and have a fluid range of motion with my body.

Fluid and easy to use controls are very important in any game. We just need to wait till other game mechanics catch up to the fluid controls to curb twitch response.

I've covered this in other threads but other players won't be able to spin on a dime and bunny hop shoot you in the head CS style when that round you put in their back throws them to the floor. The follow up rounds you put into them while they are on the ground will leave them there permanently.

I agree the slider value could be adjusted, I've also turned off mouse sensitivity but I find it comfortable, specially now that free aiming is even more fluid then it was before.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

It's CoD-ish in the way that now people can just spin around as fast as there sensitivity allows them- which is way faster than should be allowed. It's not nit-picky over-realism to prevent players from moving like super hero ninjas. And they have made it that the weapon lags the tiniest bit behind the body, but still no body can do that. It's just ridiculous and extremely immersion breaking when people do this.

except he cant, you still cannot move faster than you could in the last patch, you can however get your mouse to where it needs to be to deliver the shot once your character catches up.

Nothing about speed has changed, only the level of precision.

I don't understand how it is immersion breaking at all. Even in real life a person can change direction -180 degrees- fairly quickly (< 1 second) while standing/kneeling.Even while holding weight.

I think that people forget that spinning your body 180* and shifting stance to face another direction are two different things.

Seriously though, it's a game. The old negative mouse acceleration controls we'rent "realistic" at all. The only way I found it to be playable was to use the floatingZoneArea setting.

I agree!

I think there should be a limit to how far you can turn based on your waist twisting limit.

Once your body twists past the point your body allows you to then you slow down drastically and your feet shift your viewpoint instead of your waist.

Basically when you ADS (Alt) is automatically held down and you can only twist 1:1 in the area your waist can twist without shifting your position with your feet.

I feel this would help a lot with the realism.

Well wait... These new 1:1 mouse controls are from Arma 3 are they not? If so, then don't try to frame this as "BiS selling out to appease the filthy casuals!"

This. I mean no offense OP, but you obviously have not played Arma 2-3 enough. 

I think also this game is in some early development stage.. not sure but I think its ALPHA?

• Like 1

Yes I have to agree, the new controls are to sensitive for my liking and I think it should be tweaked before they push to stable ! 

I love it. Although the realism is left out, it makes the game much more enjoyable for the time. I am hoping the vehicle system will be able to put out like this movement system.

Like others said before its a base and can be worked on. Although I am fine with it, and actually have been hoping for this. 

This actually causes a huge increase in player interaction. People (me and others), use to wait for others to crouch to grab something then shoot them while they are in the animation, because there was a delay on their action. Now, I will have to be more careful and not just wait for them to use an animation that puts them at risk.

Firefights in cities will be much more fast pace, which could have a positive or negative effect. I for one will enjoy it. 

We will see what it all turns out to be. Anyways goodluck lads.

1:1 is essential.

E-S-S-E-N-T-I-A-L.

The weapons lagging behind is a great fix, so the game doesn't become a twitch shooter.

• Like 1

Wow, after reading all these people post "It's becoming cod like!!!!! waaaaaaah!", it feels like these kids just want something to bitch about in DayZ to say it's not being realistic anymore.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. If even ANYTHING you feel relates to CoD, you people start screaming about it and whining.

How low sensitivity you used in Arma 2 who now complain that the sensitivity is too much even when it's as low as possible? I had my Arma 2 sensitivity under 1/10 and someone said that the sensitivity is now even 3x too much then I'm afraid how much too much the sensitivity is for me :D I'm used to use pretty low sensitivity.

As devs already stated. Size of the weapon will affect the speed THE WEAPON turns over, not you. So you would be able to control your character properly and instinctively, but still would not be possible to quick scope someone behind you in a quarter second with a 360 backflip of your character.

Same for going prone I guess (I can't see why crouching souldn't be 1:1, I can turn 180 almost instantly while crouching. I do that a lot during warm ups before training). But point is only thing turning around 1:1 is going to be your head.

Edited by p4triot

I understand what you mean, but I doubt it's unrealistic turning in half a second..

I tried holding my airsoft gun that weights as much as a real one, and I can still turn as fast as you describe the characters in game to turn, so no, keep it like it is in experimental

This is also 1:1 mouse movement yet it remains sim like and does not turn into a twitch shooter.

That is what they need to emulate.

You could consider RO to be the CoD and BF antigame...it's another type of game although it is in the same genre.

Edited by Enforcer