preacherlr

As-50_Thermal and MP5K [ Standalone ]

But on the other hand, STALKER had "unrealistic" weapons which fit its fiction (like the LR-300, L85, F2000, G36, etc.) and weren't immersion breaking for that very reason. I mean, the majority of pistols in STALKER weren't of Soviet origin.

Yes, I agree that Warsaw Pact weapons should be commonplace, but I don't want DayZ to be Pripyat 2.0. There's already a robust pure post-Soviet subgenre within post-apocalyptic survival.

And, AKM and SVD seem to be slotted as next up. So it's not like they don't plan on adding Warsaw Pact weapons as the norm! :D

It did have its share of weapons that didn't fit the area, but they were a lot less common then what you would expect to find.

i dont mind the AS-50 with the normal sight in the game, BUT only if it has been nerfed and it is extremely rare to find. but the AS-50 TWS will just be overpowered if it is in the wrong hands. 

Pripyat 2.0.

That gave me chub.

Mostly civilian and russian focused weapons would create a an awesome atmosphere.

Would create a more believable world.

Also what is wrong with a russian heavy world ? Are there not russian equivalents for every weapon category ?

AKM_013.JPG

pkm_1.jpg

SV-98-06.jpg

svd___dragunov_by_drake_uk-d4i8b63.jpg

38791925_02_VSS_Vintorez.jpg

Saiga-12_001.jpg

mak59right.jpg

800px-PP-19_Bizon_right_view.jpg

mini-DSC01779.jpg

800px-Non_armed_mon50_anti-personnel_clu

800px-RPG-7_detached.jpg

Any category of weapon you want the russians got you covered. A stalker 2.0 along with more clothing options from the region would create an amazing atmosphere.

• Like 4

Topic Cleaned. Please don't get carried away too much, especially not with memes.

That gave me chub.

Mostly civilian and russian focused weapons would create a an awesome atmosphere.

Would create a more believable world.

Also what is wrong with a russian heavy world ? Are there not russian equivalents for every weapon category ?

Any category of weapon you want the russians got you covered. A stalker 2.0 along with more clothing options from the region would create an amazing atmosphere.

/sigh

Again, I'm ALL FOR the weapons being focused toward Warsaw Pact and civilian weapons. But, like STALKER (irrelevant), I want the rare NATO weapons to have a robust selection as well.

There are very few battle rifles amongst Warsaw Pact arsenals, they don't seem to value it (although I suspect it has something to do with the rimmed rifle cartridge). The SVD is used almost exclusively as a DMR and there are no real mid-range modern full rifle round weapons available.

Likewise, their selection of LMGs is... uninventive... to say the least. It's not their overall lineup that bothers me, it's the lack of depth. They have the PKM/Pecheneg as a GPMG and that's... pretty much it. They don't really use the RPD anymore as well, leaving them without a belt-fed intermediate LMG.

Again, STALKER has all that shit covered. I want DayZ to be unique and diverse in its lineup of weapons. Nobody's saying to remove Warsaw Pact weapons.

And, as other have said, the assertion that it somehow makes for a more "immersive" or a "better" experience is subjective.

Edited by Katana67

I just hope that any type of heavy weapon has an effect on stamina. Try bushbashing with a Carl G or an M249 for a few kilometers and then tell me you'd like to carry a .50 cal all day. There is a reason most military's have adopted 5.56 and 7.62, they are light enough to hump around all day and have more than 3 mags worth of ammo at a time. I find alot of kids don't fully appreciate how freaking heavy squad weapons and anti material rifles are, and how far 5km is with 70lbs of kit on your back. 

• Like 2

/sigh

Again, I'm ALL FOR the weapons being focused toward Warsaw Pact and civilian weapons. But, like STALKER (irrelevant), I want the rare NATO weapons to have a robust selection as well.

There are very few battle rifles amongst Warsaw Pact arsenals, they don't seem to value it (although I suspect it has something to do with the rimmed rifle cartridge). The SVD is used almost exclusively as a DMR and there are no real mid-range modern full rifle round weapons available.

Likewise, their selection of LMGs is... uninventive... to say the least. It's not their overall lineup that bothers me, it's the lack of depth. They have the PKM as a GPMG and that's... pretty much it. They don't really use the RPD anymore as well, leaving them without a belt-fed intermediate LMG.

Again, STALKER has all that shit covered. I want DayZ to be unique and diverse in its lineup of weapons. Nobody's saying to remove Warsaw Pact weapons.

And, as other have said, the assertion that it somehow makes for a more "immersive" or a "better" experience is subjective.

well wasn't stalker completely different in stalker was it not the case that mercenaries from all over the world traveled to the zone to earn money and make their fortune.

Since the mercs consisted of so many nationalities they brought with them their prefered weapon systems with them and this lead to a wide variety of weapons making its way into the zone ?

That is not to say this would not be the case in dayz since we really don't know anything about the backstory or lore in the game.

I just hope that any type of heavy weapon has an effect on stamina. Try bushbashing with a Carl G or an M249 for a few kilometers and then tell me you'd like to carry a .50 cal all day. There is a reason most military's have adopted 5.56 and 7.62, they are light enough to hump around all day and have more than 3 mags worth of ammo at a time. I find alot of kids don't fully appreciate how freaking heavy squad weapons and anti material rifles are, and how far 5km is with 70lbs of kit on your back. 

Absolutely had the mod had a stamina system the as 50s might have not been a problem.

ACE style stamina system + heavy weapons = you are gonna have a bad time atleast if you travel long distances.

• Like 2

well wasn't stalker completely different in stalker was it not the case that mercenaries from all over the world traveled to the zone to earn money and make their fortune.

Since the mercs consisted of so many nationalities they brought with them their prefered weapon systems with them and this lead to a wide variety of weapons making its way into the zone ?

That is not to say this would not be the case in dayz since we really don't know anything about the backstory or lore in the game.

So now fiction matters? /givesup

Given the so-called "lack" of a backstory, we can't thereby assume anything (including that Soviet weapons would be the norm either).

If we take the bone-standard "history of Chernarus," the UN/US was present. Boom. Done. Either way, even if we never get a dedicated "history/backstory" the mere presence of the weapons we have already in the standalone indicates that UN/US/NATO had a presence in Chernarus.

And, nevermind the fact that NATO weapons are to be found regularly in the Czech Republic (with Czech companies actually producing these weapons as well) and other places across Eastern Europe.

I won't beat this dead horse any further other than to say that FROM EVERY SINGLE ANGLE, it is plausible to have a robust NATO weapons lineup in DayZ.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Sniper rifles Damage

CZ550 8000

DMR 8000

M107 37552

AS50 174205, 37552

I'd prefer they left them out for the SA

Edited by Jexter

Anti-Material rifles should be rarer than an honest politician.

US Navy SEALs are the only documented users of the AS-50 and they'd be unlikely to have more than one on each Team's TO&E.

And you'd only get 2-3 M107s per STA platoon per UMSC Regiment, so these wouldn't be exactly common.

Personally, while duping and server hoping for loot are still possible, I'd prefer not to have AMRs in the game until it forces foliage to render at distance for all players.

i dont mind the AS-50 with the normal sight in the game, BUT only if it has been nerfed and it is extremely rare to find. but the AS-50 TWS will just be overpowered if it is in the wrong hands. 

I'd rather any weapon be left out of the game than ever have the word "nerf" used in conjunction with this game ever again.

US Navy SEALs are the only documented users of the AS-50 and they'd be unlikely to have more than one on each Team's TO&E.

And you'd only get 2-3 M107s per STA platoon per UMSC Regiment, so these wouldn't be exactly common.

Personally, while duping and server hoping for loot are still possible, I'd prefer not to have AMRs in the game until it forces foliage to render at distance for all players.

I don't know how these rifles are treated in other countries, so I couldn't say if this is true. In the US it is just another semi-automatic weapon in most states. From where I am sitting right now, I could have one or two within a twenty minute walk. Generalized from wherever I might be in my area, I'd say it would take me half a day to get one (assuming the world was over and I was walking). I wouldn't bother though, it really isn't worth the weight and effort unless you are having to regularly deal with armored threats.

With the mechanics in the game, I think they could fairly well limit the over-usage of the weapon. It is heavy, rounds are hard to find, the rounds are heavy so you can't carry all that many. Taking too many quick shots with it is going to leave you shaky for a while. You can't very effectively use it except from prone.

Edited by Valadain

You all do whatever the fuck you want, I want THIS in the game:

2847398-1359306530.jpg

And obviously Microfusion Cells!

Edited by Res
  • Like 2

Well you've got to consider more anti-materiel rifles than just the AS50 and M107. Moreover, M107's are used by a variety of countries and are also used by EOD units, and vanilla Army units. Not saying that they're "common" but they're not wholly rare either. People tend to focus on the anti-personnel badassery of bagging some Taliban guy at one-billion yards, when they're also used by non-sniper folk for... what it says on the package... anti-materiel.

Take the KSVK, Tac-50, Hecate, AW50, Steyr HS 50 and add the AS50 and M107, you've got a pretty robust and globally-employed lineup of anti-materiel rifles.

I'd actually prefer a bolt-action to a semi-automatic anti-materiel rile. KSVK or Tac-50 would be neat.

Edited by Katana67

5.56 and 7.62 are the choice cause you dont need anything heavier than that against infantry, too.

most people that play the game never have even been on the military, they think that soldiers walk around shooting people with m240's and m107's all day. Most of them didnt care weight for more than a couple hundred meters max. Even an unloaded FAL will seem to weight 15kgs after 10km of walking.

For the general game, i would like NATO weapons to be rare, and fancy shit like railed FALs, m249's, semi auto DMR's, be even more rare than that.

Chernarus is a post soviet state like the mod page itself tells us, so i dont think we would be rolling on m14's and m4's instead of finding SVD's and AKs.

Edited by lipemr

Topic Cleaned. Please don't get carried away too much, especially not with memes.

I sorry :( pls forgive! 

Sniper rifles Damage

CZ550 8000

DMR 8000

M107 37552

AS50 174205, 37552

I'd prefer they left them out for the SA

The Mosin & blaze fire 7.62x51mm (even though the Mosin should shoot 7.62x54mmR) which is equivalent to the largest real CZ-550 caliber, even though the mod's one was lower. With that, I don't think they should "leave out" the CZ-550 and M14 simply because of "balance".

Sure, we don't need the AS50 or M107, but that's because they are hardly justifiable for the game (maybe the M107, but it's pushing it pretty damn far)

which is equivalent to the largest real CZ-550 caliber

Well, the mod's CZ550 was supposed to be 9.3x62mm and the rifle is offered all the way up to .500 Jeffery and the .505 Gibbs of Francis Macomber fame...

Well, the mod's CZ550 was supposed to be 9.3x62mm and the rifle is offered all the way up to .500 Jeffery and the .505 Gibbs of Francis Macomber fame...

Oh, really? I thought .308 was the largest.

Whatever, I'm not too familiar with CZ firearms.

Oh, really? I thought .308 was the largest.

Whatever, I'm not too familiar with CZ firearms.

Depends on which action, the short action is no longer produced, the standard length is offered in up to 9,3x62, .300 Win Mag, 7mm Mag, and the Magnum length action is pretty large...

05_Overkill.jpg

The Mosin & blaze fire 7.62x51mm (even though the Mosin should shoot 7.62x54mmR) which is equivalent to the largest real CZ-550 caliber, even though the mod's one was lower. With that, I don't think they should "leave out" the CZ-550 and M14 simply because of "balance".

Sure, we don't need the AS50 or M107, but that's because they are hardly justifiable for the game (maybe the M107, but it's pushing it pretty damn far)

What? Where did I say we should leave anything left out? I meant to M107 and AS50 since I was replying to the topic.

I hope that the "AS50-Thermal" is a big joke. A HORRIBLE JOKE.

They should not add such overpowered military stuff. And also not so much weapons of the western-world.

This is a eastern-region - and nearly everyone is running around with an M4A1... > U.S. military propaganda?

10.png

I hope that the "AS50-Thermal" is a big joke. A HORRIBLE JOKE.

They should not add such overpowered military stuff. And also not so much weapons of the western-world.

This is a eastern-region - and nearly everyone is running around with an M4A1... > U.S. military propaganda?

Black Ops' weapon list, really?

Whem are you ever going to find a Ballistic Knife, EX-148 China Lake, ASP, WA-2000, Stoner 63, HK-21, HS-10, G11, FAMAS, Prototype L85, or Spectre? And those are just the obviously bad ones, things like the AUG, Colt Commando, PSG-1 and SPAS-12 are pushing it pretty far.

Black Ops' weapon list, really?

Whem are you ever going to find a Ballistic Knife, EX-148 China Lake, ASP, WA-2000, Stoner 63, HK-21, HS-10, G11, FAMAS, Prototype L85, or Spectre? And those are just the obviously bad ones, things like the AUG, Colt Commando, PSG-1 and SPAS-12 are pushing it pretty far.

well, just remove most of the obscure stuff and you have a pretty decent weapon list for a game like dayz.

well, bad thing is that 60% of that list if made of obscure shit. lol.