preacherlr

As-50_Thermal and MP5K [ Standalone ]

You're welcome to go play CoD or something if you want overpowered sniper rifles in the game.

I would play CoD but I got banned off it on steam for hacks

And the M4A1 is?

Do they even use cyrillic in czech? From my understanding it's suppose to simulate a Russian country based on Czech republic environment

But the M4A1 was in ARMA 2 but the AK47 wasent

Edited by abxyxx

Pretty confident that's a mistake or a joke. Devs were clear on the "no as50" thing. 

MP5K? yay sounds good! I got the impression that it wasn't going to be an mp5 for some reason, but you can't go wrong with adding an mp5 so fuck yeah. 

Yea hopefully its just a joke.

they have been pretty clear on the lack of military and obscure firearms in stand alone.

• Like 1

And the M4A1 is?

Do they even use cyrillic in czech? From my understanding it's suppose to simulate a Russian country based on Czech republic environment

It's supposed to simulate Chernarus, fictional-ass Chernarus. It draws on a number of influences. 

AK's and AR-15's are both plausible, given a multitude of factors.

Hell, even an M107 (as with most weapons) is plausible in my mind, given that Luvo Prague (Czech AR manufacturer) distributes Barrett products. Not to mention the fictional explanations, which are far more important.

Edited by Katana67

What exactly is the problem with a thermal vision AS-50? Provided of course it's extremely rare loot(1 per hive) and will not be in the game until the global loot system is also in the game.

What exactly is the problem with a thermal vision AS-50? Provided of course it's extremely rare loot(1 per hive) and will not be in the game until the global loot system is also in the game.

:/ people just do not want military loot outside of Russian firearms and guns native tot he area in the game.

That is all really. Although any thermal weapon in the game of western or eastern origin would be pretty game breaking.

People don't take the full picture into account. They just dismiss something based on an irrelevant previous experience, a misconception of the landscape of DayZ, and the nature of rarity.

I wouldn't mind an AS50 at all. I'm cautious about thermal optics, as that, to me... removes some of the awareness necessary to play DayZ. But that said, anything can be added inasmuch as it's suitably rare/balanced.

However, anti-materiel rifles are one of those "take it or leave it" things. I wouldn't mind if they were included, but I wouldn't mind if they left them out.

:/ people just do not want military loot outside of Russian firearms and guns native tot he area in the game.

That is all really. Although any thermal weapon in the game of western or eastern origin would be pretty game breaking.

Let's for example look at Russia, do you really think that they don't have some Mauser K98 lying around somewhere?

Point is that there's always going to be a few weapons that aren't native to the country. As long as it's a rare sight, and not something you see every day I don't think there's a real immersion breaker here.

And the M4A1 is?

Don't forget there is a 'subtle' plot line/back story that explains NATO forces were in the area of Chenarus to monitor a civil uprising (just prior to the outbreak).  This gives validity to things like US-badged tactical shirts, M4's and 1911's.

• Like 1

Don't forget there is a 'subtle' plot line/back story that explains NATO forces were in the area of Chenarus to monitor a civil uprising (just prior to the outbreak).  This gives validity to things like US-badged tactical shirts, M4's and 1911's.

I see

Let's for example look at Russia, do you really think that they don't have some Mauser K98 lying around somewhere?

Point is that there's always going to be a few weapons that aren't native to the country. As long as it's a rare sight, and not something you see every day I don't think there's a real immersion breaker here.

well there would be a ton of k98s in russia. Russian ww2 captures.

Certainly alot more than m107s.

well there would be a ton of k98s in russia. Russian ww2 captures.

Certainly alot more than m107s.

Apple =/= Orange

For the record, you did say "native."

Good lord no, why don't they add more firearms with woodstock or something related to that part of the world, this whole modern weapons being added will just ruin this game, I mean it just take the immersion away, we're supposed to be in a ex Eastern Bloc third world country or something like that.

Yes the US and their leftovers I know, but come on, one month of the AS-50 in the game and everyone and their mother will be using such weapon.

I say NO.

I'd like the following to be added:

Nagant Revolver Model 1895

Makarov PM

Tokarev TT-33

Excuse my bad english.

• Like 1

I dont think the AK47 is in the Check Republic

Neither is DayZ, it's in a fictional former Soviet state.

• Like 2

Good lord no, why don't they add more firearms with woodstock or something related to that part of the world, this whole modern weapons being added will just ruin this game, I mean it just take the immersion away, we're supposed to be in a ex Eastern Bloc third world country or something like that.

Yes the US and their leftovers I know, but come on, one month of the AS-50 in the game and everyone and their mother will be using such weapon.

I say NO

And many Eastern Bloc/post-Soviet countries commonly use NATO weaponry.

Plus, with the loot system inbound, the loot distribution would be controlled on the hive. Meaning a fixed number of X (in this case AS50's as an example) in the game, controlled by the hive. So no, "everyone and their mother" wouldn't be able to use such a weapon.

Immersion = subjective. Personally, I don't find the chance of finding a rare SCAR or insert unnecessarily vilified weapon here to be immersion breaking in the least.

Didn't you need something ridiculous like 11 hits to kill someone with an mp5 in the mod?

Hopefully they up the damage a bit this time.

• Like 2

Soooo, a semi-automatic hand cannon with a thermal scope? What about a gauss rifle? <_<

I really do hope this is a joke. I could live with the gun If it and it's ammo were very very very very very rare.

But a thermal scope? That's too much!

Dat hive economy. There will be 1,000 of these rifles in the loot tables tops. And the ammo will be impossible to find. Make it unshoulderable while wearing a backpack and you've got a very well balanced weapon.

The fear of losing it will make players not use it unless absolutely necessary (vehicles). It will also keep them off of the coast.

But before they implement the hive economy they need to address the duping epidemic

Personally, I feel they should not add the AS50, but we do need a replacement rifle (unless its nerfed). Even if the gun is added, I higly doubt thermal optics will come with it.... Thats just a little ridiculous, and I'd like to think the devs are smarter than that.

On another topic, I feel as though we need a few more signs of resistance against the apocalypse. Example, boarded up windows, crashed military cars littering the road (bodies have to be in them of course) Dead zombies would also be pretty cool to have as well. Not just a few here and there, but, like we could have a road block with the zombies littering the area in front of it

In addition, the devs need to add a city where it looks like the military took a last stand, I mean LOST of dead there, and plenty of military loot.

Again, i'm against the AS50, but we need something similar. 

Personally, I feel they should not add the AS50, but we do need a replacement rifle (unless its nerfed). Even if the gun is added, I higly doubt thermal optics will come with it.... Thats just a little ridiculous, and I'd like to think the devs are smarter than that.

On another topic, I feel as though we need a few more signs of resistance against the apocalypse. Example, boarded up windows, crashed military cars littering the road (bodies have to be in them of course) Dead zombies would also be pretty cool to have as well. Not just a few here and there, but, like we could have a road block with the zombies littering the area in front of it

In addition, the devs need to add a city where it looks like the military took a last stand, I mean LOST of dead there, and plenty of military loot.

Alot of what you requested would cause so much server performance loss.  Also, OT: AS50 would be fine if it's mega rare.

Alot of what you requested would cause so much server performance loss.  Also, OT: AS50 would be fine if it's mega rare.

Things are only ever rare to legitimate players. Just something to consider.

• Like 3

KSVK1.jpg

Ksvk fits that description.

It would make sense too its a russian firearm. It however is not as accurate as the as50 or the m107 this is mainly due to the low quality of russian 50 cal ammo and the scarcity of match ammo for the rifle.

• Like 1

Things are only ever rare to legitimate players. Just something to consider.

Exactly, everyone and their cat had an AS-50 in the mod due to duping them and spawning them with scripts.
  • Like 3

KSVK1.jpg

It would make sense too its a russian firearm. It however is not as accurate as the as50 or the m107 this is mainly due to the low quality of russian 50 cal ammo and the scarcity of match ammo for the rifle.

Post that gun in suggestions, it seems like a great idea. 

And many Eastern Bloc/post-Soviet countries commonly use NATO weaponry.

Plus, with the loot system inbound, the loot distribution would be controlled on the hive. Meaning a fixed number of X (in this case AS50's as an example) in the game, controlled by the hive. So no, "everyone and their mother" wouldn't be able to use such a weapon.

Immersion = subjective. Personally, I don't find the chance of finding a rare SCAR or insert unnecessarily vilified weapon here to be immersion breaking in the least.

AS-50s were so duped in the mod, you'd find tents spilling over with them along with the high quality ammo for them. The duping exploits (some of them) persist in the SA and likely wont be able to get rid of all of them, so the 1 per hive would quickly inflate at a exponential rate.

• Like 2

KSVK1.jpg

KVSK uses 12.7x108mm right? or am I wrong? ._.