preacherlr

As-50_Thermal and MP5K [ Standalone ]

It's incredibly different from the AK, it's just a similar pattern if anything. What I wouldn't want is for them to do something like an AK47 or Type 56 with the AKM, that's too similar. However, an AK-74 is clearly reasonable, and an AKS-74U is another necessary weapon.

I'm not saying we'll see the Galil any time soon, but it's reasonably different enough for them to include it in the end. I'd like some battle rifles like the SVT-40, FN FAL & G3 first, obviously. We should also get some more growth on LMGs, SMGs, Revolvers, Bolt-Action Rifles, Lever-Action Rifles/Shotguns, Shotguns in general, explosives, and improvised/melee weapons.

Explosives and bolt actions are the 2 biggest categories that I feel will add alot to the atmosphere and gameplay.

Explosives and booby traps in particular could fundamentally change the gameplay.

It's incredibly different from the AK, it's just a similar pattern if anything. What I wouldn't want is for them to do something like an AK47 or Type 56 with the AKM, that's too similar. However, an AK-74 is clearly reasonable, and an AKS-74U is another necessary weapon.

I'm not saying we'll see the Galil any time soon, but it's reasonably different enough for them to include it in the end. I'd like some battle rifles like the SVT-40, FN FAL & G3 first, obviously.

I recognize that it has marked differences from the AK, but it is nevertheless a weapon derived from the AK. When I was considering my LMGs in the "LMG/GPMG" thread, I couldn't justify setting an RPK next to a Galil ARM. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a Galil, I want to see it in. But I'd rather some weapons (like you said the battle rifles) go before it.

yea true everything is subject to change.

I just feel like atm they missed a golden opportunity by adding so many optics and by making optics so versatile.

99 percent of mosins in the game should be iron sighted rifles just like Simonov intended.

Optics make shooting far too easy and the gameplay has greatly affected because of this.

Iron sights making up the grand grand majority of the weapons in the game would have led to more interesting gunfights to say the least. I could see suppressing fire playing a role but sadly the optics cancel that out making long range accurate fire almost childsplay in game.

So wouldn't the logical step be to advocate for rarer optics? Rather than a sweeping indictment of "western" weapons perverting development.

The only optic that I've ever thought to be unduly common, is the PU scope.

Also, they have to test the attachments system. It still has a lot of issues, in terms of bugfixing. So it makes sense for them to test their newly implemented system by having us experiment with relatively common optics.

Edited by Katana67

This topic starts with a MP5 and AS50 file found.. and continues into a heavy discussion over what weapons to bring or not to bring into the game..

Funny to see how things evolve xD

Have you ever held a 50 cal sniper rifle? Those things are heavy... IF one were to ever be added, there should be a lot of drawbacks. Stamina should decrease faster, movement speed should be slower, you should have to carry less items on you (maybe no backpack), and ammo should be EXTREMELY scarce, etc. 

I recognize that it has marked differences from the AK, but it is nevertheless a weapon derived from the AK. When I was considering my LMGs in the "LMG/GPMG" thread, I couldn't justify setting an RPK next to a Galil ARM. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a Galil, I want to see it in. But I'd rather some weapons (like you said the battle rifles) go before it.

I'd rather just have a Galil AR than an ARM, so they could have both the RPK and RPD without much problem, but I can see your concerns.

More assault rifles aren't really necessary beyond the AKs we have coming, at least for a while.

I'd rather just have a Galil AR than an ARM, so they could have both the RPK and RPD without much problem, but I can see your concerns.

More assault rifles aren't really necessary beyond the AKs we have coming, at least for a while.

Well the RPK and RPD aren't exactly analogs, one being belt-fed and the other mag-fed. The way I framed it is that there'd be two selections for the magazine-fed, belt-fed LMG, and belt-fed GPMG respectively which (generally) followed the NATO/Warsaw Pact divide.

So for example, as a counterpart to the RPK I proposed a C7A2 LSW or an L86A2 LWS, as well as the ARM. The West isn't overly fond of mag-fed LMGs, save for the IAR which is a recent development. Whereas the Warsaw Pact countries aren't overly fond of battle rifles (the SVT-40 [which is really an analog of the M1/M14] and the Dragunov [which is seldom used as a battle rifle] are really the only ones offered).

So wouldn't the logical step be to advocate for rarer optics? Rather than a sweeping indictment of "western" weapons perverting development.

The only optic that I've ever thought to be unduly common, is the PU scope.

Also, they have to test the attachments system. It still has a lot of issues, in terms of bugfixing. So it makes sense for them to test their newly implemented system by having us experiment with relatively common optics.

Absolutely.

Rarer optics + realistic optics meaning optics only mount to the correct weapon and do not follow the current universal accessory method.

The way the game is going I would not be surprised if you could mount optics on a lever action .357 magnum rifle that eventually gets added.

Absolutely.

Rarer optics + realistic optics meaning optics only mount to the correct weapon and do not follow the current universal accessory method.

The way the game is going I would not be surprised if you could mount optics on a lever action .357 magnum rifle that eventually gets added.

Oh please, the only weapon that has "unrealistic" optics so far is the Mosin. That's one weapon out of eleven. One out of four weapons able to mount optics. One out of seven optics/weapon combinations.

I won't rehash the old argument (you know where I stand regarding the LRS and Mosin). But saying it's "the way the game is going" is disingenuous.

Edited by Katana67

Oh please, the only weapon that has "unrealistic" optics so far is the Mosin. That's one weapon out of eleven. One out of three weapons able to mount optics. One out of seven optics/weapon combinations.

I won't rehash the old argument (you know where I stand regarding the LRS and Mosin). But saying it's "the way the game is going" is disingenuous.

Technically four, if you count the incredibly rare FNX-45 MRD.

• Like 1

Technically four, if you count the incredibly rare FNX-45 MRD.

I stand corrected, I took the FNX into account in every count save for the middle.

What exactly is the problem with a thermal vision AS-50? Provided of course it's extremely rare loot(1 per hive) and will not be in the game until the global loot system is also in the game.

I can live with one of theese scopes for the entire public HIVE tbh.

Lets say 5 AS-50 rifles aswell?

I can live with that :P

Does everyone just skip over the posts that prove it was a hoax?  You open up the file that says AS-50 TWS and the model spells out Trollololo.

Does everyone just skip over the posts that prove it was a hoax?  You open up the file that says AS-50 TWS and the model spells out Trollololo.

Wondering that too.

Devs must have loved trolling us.

I don't know what your worried about, its a very long range rifle, the further the distance the more complicated the shot, there is no range finder. you have to guess your range, its not going to be an easy rifle to use, yes there will be the few who can, but the majority will not be able to use its full potential. the mp5 is a lot more dangerous in the hands of your average player vs the as-50 rifle.

O But saying it's "the way the game is going" is disingenuous.

Does that change your mind ?

The p1 allows for the suppressor to be mounted and a pistol light yet it has no threaded barrel or rails for the light.

"the way the game is going" simply means I feel like its heading in a more unrealistic direction with every update.

This is just what I feel it simply an opinion.

The p1 allows for the suppressor to be mounted and a pistol light yet it has no threaded barrel or rails for the light.

"the way the game is going" simply means I feel like its heading in a more unrealistic direction with every update.

Judging by the fact that the pistol flashlight and suppressor do not ACTUALLY show on the weapon, I'd say it's bugged/WIP. Likewise, if they do intend on making the P38 suppressed, it probably is prohibitive to design a whole new model able to mount a suppressor. Especially when the end result is the same.

1270577288322.jpg

And you can have that opinion, but it isn't really backed up by any kind of trend in terms of the game.

Edited by Katana67

ooh dear, if they make this pistol supressed i'll reconsider my concepts about how realism is relevant in this game.

i really hope the devs wont shoot their own feet and start using a COD-like logic behind attachments.

ooh dear, if they make this pistol supressed i'll reconsider my concepts about how realism is relevant in this game.

i really hope the devs wont shoot their own feet and start using a COD-like logic behind attachments.

I feel its already too late for that.

They seem intent on going for maximum bang for your buck attachments.

Have you ever held a 50 cal sniper rifle? Those things are heavy... IF one were to ever be added, there should be a lot of drawbacks. Stamina should decrease faster, movement speed should be slower, you should have to carry less items on you (maybe no backpack), and ammo should be EXTREMELY scarce, etc. 

ammo shouldnt be scarce, as most militaries around the world use m2's or another .50BMG anti vehicle machinegun.

Although the maintenance should be a pain in the ass, as HMG rounds have much more loose industrial thresholds than match grade ammo that these rifles are supposed to use.

So carrying a AM rifle major drawbacks should be dumping your stamina by a great deal, having to maintain a LOT to avoid jammings and misfires, and the recoil should make impossible to shoot the weapon of not prone/supported.

And i'm still up to the idea that if the would add an anti materiel rifle, it should be the m99, isnt common at all but it would have a much more balanced role in the game than a m82 or m107 would have.

Edited by lipemr

I feel its already too late for that.

They seem intent on going for maximum bang for your buck attachments.

i try to tell myself that it isnt the case and that attachments are probably just leftover from another pistol model that they used to make the new one.

But i'm getting pretty sure that you're right.

ammo shouldnt be scarce, as most militaries around the world use m2's or another .50BMG anti vehicle machinegun.

Although the maintenance should be a pain in the ass, as HMG rounds have much more loose industrial thresholds than match grade ammo that these rifles are supposed to use.

So carrying a AM rifle major drawbacks should be dumping your stamina by a great deal, having to maintain a LOT to avoid jammings and misfires, and the recoil should make impossible to shoot the weapon of not prone/supported.

And i'm still up to the idea that if the would add an anti materiel rifle, it should be the m99, isnt common at all but it would have a much more balanced role in the game than a m82 or m107 would have.

Match grade .50 cal ammo is quite rare. Especially for the russian military, russian match grade ammo in any caliber is rare. This is one of the reasons why the kvsk is so inaccurate then again it doesnt really matter when the weapon is intended to hit large targets such as cars or trucks.

i try to tell myself that it isnt the case and that attachments are probably just leftover from another pistol model that they used to make the new one.

But i'm getting pretty sure that you're right.

I really hope the devs are trolling us right now and then one day they magically release a realism patch that makes the game realistic and takes out all of the unrealistic garbage.

• Like 1

They don't show up on the gun, and there are also quite a few other bugs. It's probably because they reused code from the CR-75 and forgot to remove the attachments or something, I'd find it nearly impossible for them to even put a flashlight on there (There's no space on it, even for a fake mount!)

They don't show up on the gun, and there are also quite a few other bugs. It's probably because they reused code from the CR-75 and forgot to remove the attachments or something, I'd find it nearly impossible for them to even put a flashlight on there (There's no space on it, even for a fake mount!)

Let's hope that is the case :/

Let's hope that is the case :/

Probably, I think sometimes you get a little overdone about these little things. Generally I wouldn't worry about anything from experimental branches until its' implemented in the game. Hell, the release form is still in a buggy alpha, experimental updates are only going to be worse.

But I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing a massive attachment overhaul like you want them to make, seems like the system is there to stay (Although I don't work for Bohemia so I can't say a word.)

On a lighter note, they did make it a point to mention they'd be "tweaking" the accuracy of some weapons during the main update, so we may finally see some reasonable M4 accuracy.