Ugly (DayZ)

Poll: Are you happy with update news/management?

Poll: Are you happy with update news?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the way information is disseminated to testers?

• Yes, all the information I need about updates is available and easy to find.
    • No, I do not get enough information about updates and/or it is too hard to find.
    • Other, I will include my opinion in comments.

Its official on Tumblr yes, thats great. Its also official here. Tumblr blows balls.I am calm, you will definitely know when im not, you should learn the difference between emphasis and raging. I also dont appreciate you editing my post down to one sentence, as you are negating my freedom of speech to criticize openly, so i would like you to re post my ENTIRE post(if you do not, i will repost my original post, as well as the changes you made to it, for the rest of the forum to see how you are micromanaging this, instead of trying to help.). Thanks so much. Now back to business. The Rolling update is marked 0.42. as of March 19th. What day is it? What build is it currently on? Whats the best place to go for info? Whats the most updated, most often? IMO if any of the other sites are updated more then the Official forums ( not Official on tumblr and twitter, as these DO require you to create an account to discuss these things there) than there is a severe mistake in placing information that needs to be rectified immediately. I apologize for expressing my frustrations, but i employ people, and if i heard of crap like this in my business, someones fired.

t_unread_dot.png PINNED   Rolling Update Rev - 0.42.116181  
Started by Hicks_20619 Mar 2014 

Edited by RustyBlade

There are roughly 25 pages of people upset about the lack of clarity of updates/news regarding this game, myself included.

After reading back  5 pages I was not able to find a similar topic so I created it myself.

Do you feel the current method of informing us testers about updates is adequate?

You should add another option like "could be better" which I would go for. A lot of information can be found in the Dev tracker section of the forums which a lot of people either don't know about or check, same with reddit and then you have the loosely worded devblogs. However I must say that isn't the best way to inform people as it is really cluttered and all over the place. So you kinda have to dig around for the information.

I also agree with the lack of info about experimental builds. All we need is a changelog thread in the Announcement section with timestamps (i.e. what date that change/fix was added). Same with the stable build changelog. When new stuff is added, it is just added on the current list and there is no way of telling what is new and what isn't unless you paid specific attention to all fixes/changes. Just add a timestamp next to each fix/change and post them. This way players which are also essentially your testers can be more effective at testing new features/changes/fixes.

As for the forums issue, they are paying attention to the forums, they just don't respond to people on here and I don't blame them, it is just chaos in here and I feel sorry for the guys who have to go through all that garbage to get some feedback and report it to the devs.

Its official on Tumblr yes, thats great. Its also official here. Tumblr blows balls.I am calm, you will definitely know when im not, you should learn the difference between emphasis and raging. I also dont appreciate you editing my post down to one sentence, as you are negating my freedom of speech to criticize openly, so i would like you to re post my ENTIRE post(if you do not, i will repost my original post, as well as the changes you made to it, for the rest of the forum to see how you are micromanaging this, instead of trying to help.). Thanks so much. Now back to business. The Rolling update is marked 0.42. as of March 19th. What day is it? What build is it currently on? Whats the best place to go for info? Whats the most updated, most often? IMO if any of the other sites are updated more then the Official forums ( not Official on tumblr and twitter, as these DO require you to create an account to discuss these things there) than there is a severe mistake in placing information that needs to be rectified immediately. I apologize for expressing my frustrations, but i employ people, and if i heard of crap like this in my business, someones fired.

t_unread_dot.png PINNED   Rolling Update Rev - 0.42.116181  

Started by Hicks_206, 19 Mar 2014 

Hello there

Firstly, You are NOT free to say whatever you want and if we think its inappropriate we WILL censor you.

You are lucky Kichilron already dealt with your post, I would have given you a warning point and temporarily suspended you.

You got off very lightly.

Criticism is welcomed but your attitude in that post is not. Dont do it again.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

WOW. Awesome. First of all my post had relevant information. I wasnt telling you about my day, or how mu dog was sick. This speaks Volumes for how you guys are handling this. Im not the only person expressing distaste at this, so you better star "censoring" everyone real quick. As opposed to trying to silence everyone, why not put forth some suggestions, Mighty Mod? Where should i express my distaste at how this forums being handled? Would it be in THIS forum, fat chance of that. If you think whats inappropriate? criticism? Sure sure, handled that well guys. Listen, make a thread called" DONT COME HERE FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION." This maybe official, but we have no clue whats going on. I can quote other MODS who admitted this is handled poorly. Come to this thread and i get "censored" Good on ya lads, silence rather than acknowledge, that will do wonders for PR. So answer my questions please. Where is the best place to go for info??? if the answer isnt "here" than Good bye standalone, hello other games. I was already over DAYZ SA, only came to see what was going on. That was 3 days ago, and im still clueless. So "Gerd Jerb, Gerd Jerb." 
Also, Censor words, not entire posts with relevant info. Dont like a swear word? Star it out, but leave the post. What are you Scurred of?

Edited by RustyBlade

The fact of the matter is the latest announcement for a changelog was in March 19th. No ones bitching about bugs, or the state of the game, as we all understood, and were constantly reminded,that its Alpha. We get that. What we dont get is the simplest thing is overlooked. I dont use the DEVtracker, NOR should i have to. Announcements are where to find new info, when its ANNOUNCED. I dont appreciate MODs trying to make the community feel stupid for looking for relevant info, where the relevant info should be.

"DERR did you check the DEVtracker on twitter? Reddit? Tumblr? Steam? What are you doing on the OFFICIAL forums looking for information for, silly person with COMMON SENSE."

Hello there

Where did we do that?

Rgds

LoK

The fact of the matter is the latest announcement for a changelog was in March 19th. No ones bitching about bugs, or the state of the game, as we all understood, and were constantly reminded,that its Alpha. We get that. What we dont get is the simplest thing is overlooked. I dont use the DEVtracker, NOR should i have to. Announcements are where to find new info, when its ANNOUNCED. I dont appreciate MODs trying to make the community feel stupid for looking for relevant info, where the relevant info should be.

You're exactly right. Announcements are to be made when there is something to be announced. But there is nothing to be announced, which is why there are no announcments. There is no patch yet and if there will be one there will be an announcement. It's sometimes as simple as that and no reason to be upset about it.

It started off good.

Now I have no idea which thread to look in to find the most recent updates. They all seem pretty old too.

• Like 1

You're exactly right. Announcements are to be made when there is something to be announced. But there is nothing to be announced, which is why there are no announcments. There is no patch yet and if there will be one there will be an announcement. It's sometimes as simple as that and no reason to be upset about it.

MARCH 19th. Your telling me there has been no update since march 19th?

• Like 1

Im sure a majority of people posting here are actually posting about information and the way its handled, not about the state of the game, the lack of vehicles or any other "anti-alpha" stuff.  If the odd exception in this thread of 1 or 2 people saying "too long too late, h1z1 is gonna steal the throne" nonsense, most of us are discussing the fact that most information is given out on a range of other sites, and you pretty much have to visit all to get a clear picture of whats happening in development of the game.

as for those who say read the devtracker, i do, and while some of the information on there is good, alot of it is out of context sentences like "rocket2guns @bob i agree with you" or "rocket2guns @bill we are working on it" and you dont know what they are talking about. or theres links to a picture or video and you click it and its broken

sorry but if i had a website dedicated to something I created, I would stop by more often even just to reply to something random or post something i was passionate about, rather than share that info with a small portion of the community through social networking

I agree very much with this. shit like that is annoying. Or "Omg imma play *insert other game here* im so excited!" kind of stuff lol

Edited by Deathlove

MARCH 19th. Your telling me there has been no update since march 19th?

There has been no update for the stablebranch, no. It's three weeks now. That's not too long and there will be an update soon enough.

So the Stable branch is STILL version 0.42 then? Your sure?

Change Log - 0.43.116251 22 March 2014

Thats off steam. Whats this then?

A hotfix, mainly serverside. Hotfixes don't always get their own announcements, especially if they're as minor as jumping from 116181 to 116251

A hotfix, mainly serverside. Hotfixes don't always get their own announcements, especially if they're as minor as jumping from 116181 to 116251

Funny, it was noteworthy enough for the team to put it on steam, but not on the official forums? Ahh i AM delusional, thanks. From now on i will not come here, participate in discussions or any other involvement in the game, i will stick with the actually updated steam, or other sites that the Dev team has deemed worthy of hotfix notices, and any other changes that happen that affect the game. Again, my mistake for coming to the official forums, i WILL NOT make this mistake in the future, thanks Moderators.

• Like 1

Here here

Go to steam store page, scroll down, check updates. Ridiculous i know, but apparently everyones ok with that and im a troll for criticizing the organization. OOOps wrong quote somehow, this was meant for tactchell, asking where to find the changelog.

Edited by RustyBlade

Go to steam store page, scroll down, check updates. Ridiculous i know, but apparently everyones ok with that and im a troll for criticizing the organization.

Funny enough.  It was on the front page  where you click the play now button for DayZ for quite a number of dayz.  

Go to steam store page, scroll down, check updates. Ridiculous i know, but apparently everyones ok with that and im a troll for criticizing the organization. OOOps wrong quote somehow, this was meant for tactchell, asking where to find the changelog.

Haha yeah i scrolled up and saw lol

How are the Steam-Announcements less official than these? Why are we more official than the Steam-Hub dedicated to that particular game?

You most likely didn't even read the hotfix-announcement, as it were exactly three things being changed by the hotfix, that's it. Nothing that affects your gameplay nor is it worth starting a new topic for.

If you say you're done with it, be done with it. You're obviously browsing the tumblr anyway, as you have proven and posted yourself and the steampage as well. Don't bother coming here if you question the of this place.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180792-rolling-update-rev-042116181/page-106#entry1913665

Here ya go Guys, watch how hard this was. This is from their tumblr. 

Guaranteed Updates

As previously mentioned we want to move from the current situation where the client and server “spam” messages at each other, hoping that some of the messages get through. Because they can’t be sure, the updates have to be sent again and again. This is believed to be the major restriction from breaking the 100 player limit. We anticipate this will be appearing on experimental servers next week, and then onward into the update for this month.

Fireplaces

We’re ready now for our final implementation next week of fireplaces and the ability to light flammable objects on fire. Many visual updates and changes to the engine have occurred as part of this and we’re now making the mechanisms for players to decide where and how to make fires and how to light items on fire.

Physics and Throwing

We will be deploying this to experimental next week to gain some more feedback on its implementation. Progress on ragdoll has been steady although this is unlikely to be in experimental next week and will be ongoing for some time. A new animation system and animations have been made that allow you to “power” up your throw, the same system is used to allow you to draw your arrow when firing from the bow.

Player Mouse Control

Many players have outlined how much the mouse acceleration/controls need to be modified. Players head (view) will move instantly with raw 1:1 mouse feedback. Weapons may “lag behind” depending on how heavy and cumbersome the weapon is. For example, players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw.

This represented a great deal of work and the complete replacement of the old system, therefore some bugs and plenty of tweaking are expected.

These will be deployed to experimental next week for more player feedback.

From the Art Team: Chris Torchia, Lead Artist

We’ve got our team working in so many different areas its hard to write a small summary of all the work.  

We’re wrapping up our part with archery and have a nice looking improvised bow and crossbow to release soon. Our animators have been spending time in the mocap studio to get accurate drawing, firing, and reloading animations for them and its looking great.  

Our new studio in Bratislava has been hard at work making some of the new food items which were shown by Dean at Rezzed as well as create all new wildlife models and we’re hoping the combination of archery, wildlife, and campfires will create a unique survival hunting experience for our players.

As for firearms, the P1 pistol is complete and configured in game. The same is true for the AKM but we need to spend some time polishing some of the rough edges before adding them to the loot tables and pushing to public. We’re finally going to implement stripper clips with the mosin and sweep through and tweek some of the firearm cfg values. As well, a little project I’ve kept under wraps is nearing completion. The first SMG in DayZ game will soon be ready and I hope you all will like it.

For character art our talented artists have created a couple new player heads for more unique looking characters which we’ll add in soon.  As well, we’ve made a Soviet-style officer hat and the tracksuit!  Next up, we’ll look at police, EMT, and firefighters.

Lastly, our environment art and map teams have continued to create new, interesting buildings and objects, as well as expanding the number of explorable towns, with the addition of Karmanovka – a town containing over 3000 objects!

Edited by kichilron

How are the Steam-Announcements less official than these? Why are we more official than the Steam-Hub dedicated to that particular game?

You most likely didn't even read the hotfix-announcement, as it were exactly three things being changed by the hotfix, that's it. Nothing that affects your gameplay nor is it worth starting a new topic for.

If you say you're done with it, be done with it. You're obviously browsing the tumblr anyway, as you have proven and posted yourself and the steampage as well. Don't bother coming here if you question the of this place.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180792-rolling-update-rev-042116181/page-106#entry1913665

The problem isnt that they are less official, its the fact that its NOT here at all,. ALL info should be on ALL sites, not spread amongst 4 of them.I HAD TO go to tumblr to get info why? its NOT here, I HAD TO go to steam to get a hotfix update-WHY? cause its NOT HERE. IF the MODS of this forum dont think thats an issue, than something is most definitely wrong. Stop trying to defend your obviously disorganized forum, as i am NOT the only person complaining about it, but i am the most avid about it. I dont even like the freaking game that much, its the principle that applies. Info SHOULD most definitely be accessible across ALL supported sites. To prove my point , a USER had to make this poll, cause he noticed 106 pages of people wondering whats going on. Where was the mod in the announcement page that admitted communication is completely broken?. QUIT trying to hid behind" its not important" or" it wasnt relevant" cause if it wasnt relevant i wouldve never seen it in the first place. Whoevers job it is to get all the info in one place is failing hard. Ban me, cause of right this second, i am NOT going anywhere, until this is cleaned up. 

And posting the link to where i reposted their tumblr onto the official forums proves my point further, so thanks for that. How hard was that, honestly? Copy, make a new thread called whatever its called on tumblr, and paste it here. Done deal, no more ' What? the latest announcements for 0.xx but im playing 0.yy??" Not all of us are familiar with how they roll out the changes, so if they change the version number you are playing, you will notice and probably go to the OFFICIAL forum to find info, then you will find a simple" it was changed for a hot fix guys- heres wat was fixed" _ then list of WHATEVER. We don't care if nothing that affected gameplay was changed, keep us in the loop, the ENTIRE loop, considering we are helping fund, AND test the game. Not. Hard. 

Edited by RustyBlade
  • Like 2

^ What he said!

I think if the Dev team updated this forum in parallel with other media streams, us picky and often cantankerous end users would feel a far greater sense of involvement.

• Like 1

Too hard to find, Devtracker is cool but too much garbage to sift through

Edited by MagneticToast
  • Like 1

^ What he said!

I think if the Dev team updated this forum in parallel with other media streams, us picky and often cantankerous end users would feel a far greater sense of involvement.

Exactly. I copied and pasted a tumblr post to here so people could have up to date info, can someone explain to me whats so hard about that and having a staff of this forum do the same? Why are you relying on multiple third party sites, all updated at different times, when this exists. The message i am receiving from the mods is that this forum is useless. go to Twitter, go to tumblr. wtf guys. 

• Like 1

Who the hell cares, if you can figure out how to create an account on a forum, you should be able to bookmark Rocket2guns on twitter, reddit and the devblog on tumblr. Many active forum members are active on all sites and important information usually spread from site to site. You act like you're paying a subscription for your forum membership and was promised all information relayed to you in person.

All sites have their purposes, advantages and disadvantages, no need to limit yourself to one platform, just because you're too lazy or too entitled.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2