Mr Jizz

New SMG Announced... Any guesses?

From the Art Team: Chris Torchia, Lead Artist

As for firearms, the P1 pistol is complete and configured in game. The same is true for the AKM but we need to spend some time polishing some of the rough edges before adding them to the loot tables and pushing to public. We’re finally going to implement stripper clips with the mosin and sweep through and tweek some of the firearm cfg values. As well, a little project I’ve kept under wraps is nearing completion. The first SMG in DayZ game will soon be ready and I hope you all will like it.

OK, I KNOW this patch is not a magic bullet for every bug still present in the game, and getting excited about content in the presence of so many problems seems counter-productive, but remember that Chris and his team are committed to the art and content, not the bugs and zombies.  Here's where you can go if all you want to do is complain.

They (the art team) truly have an uphill battle when you consider that the amount of content will eventually be everyone's biggest gripe.  Once the bugs are gone and the game is sufficiently difficult with Zombies that don't ghost walls, what's the first thing everyone will bitch about? That's right.. where's the content and more stuff?? I WANT MORE GUNS! Hence the ongoing push to add stuff and widen the 'variety' of Chenarus.

There's a lot of interesting items coming with the next patch, but in the meantime I was wondering on people's thoughts regarding the newest firearm to be added, and what it means as the game's first and only SMG. 

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 4

MP5 would be my guess.

Ammo is already in the game, iconic weapon, lots of attachments to test.

• Like 10

I would honestly love the MP5 coming back. High fire rate and add a suppressor and maybe a coupled mag and mid ranged optic. I  loved the MP5 in the mod and it was underrated but a great weapon against zeds and urban combat.

• Like 4

would be cool iof it could fit in your backpack, id like an Mac10, maybe even an uzi, depends what one's ammo is already in game i forgvet what each take :(

• Like 2

Hmm im thinking PP-2000  :)

As far as i can tell it uses the 9mm ammo, which is already ingame and its already a standard Russian police weapon.

Just listen to this:

One unusual feature is the ability to store a spare 44-round magazine at the rear of the gun, where it also functions as a stock

But the Bizon isnt a bad suggestion either :)

EDIT:
I really hope its not the MP5, it seems so generic and misplaced, compared to most of the other weapons tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 8

I hope it's the MP5

300px-SMG_Bizon.png?version=26a930f92fbe

Bizon.

Also, the magazine can be used as a soup can

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 6

I think it's going to be the AK-74U. Iconic Eastern Bloc SMG, commonly used in the Chernarus war from ArmA2.aks_ce3_render.jpg

• Like 9

MP5 would be an obvious choice 10 years ago, but I feel like they're getting phased out in a lot of places.. At least in North America. That's why I'd lean towards the cheaper, more-common-in-the-Eastern-Bloc PP-19 Bizon-2-01 (9x19 NATO 9mm version)

Interesting article:

Is the SMG Dead? Not at SIG.

I think it's going to be the AK-74U. Iconic Eastern Bloc SMG, commonly used in the Chernarus war from ArmA2.aks_ce3_render.jpg

AK-74U appropriate and desired - good call.

• Like 1

I'm also hoping for the MP5.  As The_Monk said, ammo is already in game, and it's iconic.  It would be nice if it coudl fit in a bag, but we'll just have to wait and see on that.

Guppy also has a good guess there.  MP5, or AK-74U are both very good choices.

Edit:Added second part.

Edited by Vaporizer McGhee

Probably the MP5 because 9mm is already in the game and not 9x18 Makarov for the PP-19, and the AK74U and P90 are not SMG's lol.

What about dynamically how it enters the game? Any SMG for that matter..

Perhaps small enough that it can't be seen hanging from your pack like the various rifles?

How about making it 4x2 in the inventory (or twice the inventory height of the Sawed off IZH)? Furthermore, would you pitch your pistol if this were possible?

Its a shame the AK-74U is chambered for NATO 5.56 .. would be great if you could get away with carrying just the SKS and AK74U if it were chambered the same. Still a good combo, but the point is sort of lost if you're still forced to carry to types of ammo.  A packable SMG would even the playing field for people who want to carry a Mosin.

Arma 2 ACR DLC brought CZ Scorpion EVO III. I think this would be cool. Reminds very much G36C

fIxCYqil.jpg

Also MP5 wouldn't be a bad addition.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3