Mr Jizz

New SMG Announced... Any guesses?

hope it's either the PPSH41, bizon or the UZI.

REALLY hope iti sn't the MP5.. wouldn't mind it coming in later but not as the first SMG.

Protip: It's going to be a weapon that probably uses ammunition that's already in-game.

Probably and hopefully the MP5A5 or MP5A4

Protip: It's going to be a weapon that probably uses ammunition that's already in-game.

Probably and hopefully the MP5A5 or MP5A4

Hello there

Can you confirm that with a link?

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Can you confirm that with a link?

Rgds

LoK

QevO8N.jpg

What new pistol ammunition do you honestly think they're going to add just for the purpose of implementing the new SMG?

Hello there

Easy Tiger! Calm yer jets, I was just asking...

Well, dont you guys forget theres a few .45 SMGs as well not just a 9mm.....

Lastly, there's nothing there to say they wont add a new ammo class, rather that they'll stick to common ammo types. Are ALL eastern block common types included?

Rgds

LoK

Lastly, there's nothing there to say they wont add a new ammo class, rather that they'll stick to common ammo types. Are ALL eastern block common types included?

It is just speculation that seems to be based on the fact that the Mosin still uses 7.62 NATO instead of the correct 7.62x54R, and that it is a very obvious error that has not been corrected despite people pointing it out numerous times.

Therefore many people believe it is intentionally so, and that the devs will not add 7.62x54R. In that case they probably would not add 9x18mm or 7.62x25mm either.

But nothing more concrete, just conjecture.

• Like 1

Hello there

Easy Tiger! Calm yer jets, I was just asking...

Well, dont you guys forget theres a few .45 SMGs as well not just a 9mm.....

Rgds

LoK

Bold + Italics aggression. I'm not attacking you in any way, don't make a big deal of it.

Considering they're adding the P1 which uses 9x19 almost specifically so that they don't have to add the 9x18 and the Makarov, I don't think they'll be adding 9x18 at all, and with that logic I'd also imagine we won't be seeing 7.62x25 either, so I wouldn't say that all eastern block ammo will be common in the game really... in fact it seems there's going to be a shortage of eastern block ammo and weapons chambered in them for DayZ SA. (Edit: Also the above post is another good example I had forgotten about).

I suppose it could be an SMG chambered in .45, but they'd kind of have to go for a not-too-common SMG to add that compared to an MP5, which is pretty common worldwide.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Considering they're adding the P1 which uses 9x19 almost specifically so that they don't have to add the 9x18 and the Makarov

Yuhuh, the Walther as well seems to point to the same thing.

And in addition, the curious "indefinite hold" that was put on the AK-74M, which again would have used a different ammunition type...

Bold + Italics ≠ aggression. I'm not attacking you in any way, don't make a big deal of it.

I Wasn't !

L

PS i believe there is an MP variant in .45.

Edited by orlok

Isnt there mp5's and many other smg's chambered for the .45? If there's already the m4 no doubt there'll be the ump or something?

Edited by TheWanderingMan

Isnt there mp5's and many other smg's chambered for the .45? If there's already the m4 no doubt there'll be the ump or something?

Of course there are submachine guns chambered for .45 ACP... and very few organizations use them. If it were up to me I wouldn't even add one. There are probably hundreds of 9mm SMGs for every .45 SMG still in use.

I'd like old trusty Skorpion vz 61, but Bison would be cool as well.

Also please no P90 nonsense, that would absolutely not fit the theme, atleast when talking about post-soviet republic.

If that one would ever get added, it should be like ultra rare.

edit: also Uzi, as 1st SMG, would be a poor choice for former soviet country.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

just give me 9mm mac-10 with laser sight, suppressor and extended clip

nobody needs to get hurt and we can close this thread

Of course there are submachine guns chambered for .45 ACP... and very few organizations use them. If it were up to me I wouldn't even add one. There are probably hundreds of 9mm SMGs for every .45 SMG still in use.

ok m8 no beef yeh

Id love this.

Not gonna happen.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Yuhuh, the Walther as well seems to point to the same thing.

And in addition, the curious "indefinite hold" that was put on the AK-74M, which again would have used a different ammunition type...

The only thing this leaves me a bit curious about is the confirmed SVD, I'm wondering if they're going to just chamber it in 7.62x51.

Edited by dvsilverwing

tommy_m1928.jpg

If people are posting p90's why not this lol

#wildestdreamscancometrue

see a post or two above.

My Uzi weighs a ton.

That's pretty kinky.

We already had the "PDW" in the mod / ARMA 2. Why not that?

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

A mac 10 would be dope

That's what I meant. :)

We already had the "PDW" in the mod / ARMA 2. Why not that?