poooz

What has the standalone become ?

Learn to read. I never said high post count equals knowledge. I was pointing out that A LOT of the people who are posting stupid bullshit threads that have been rehashed 100 times over have like ... 1 post.. or 8 posts.. or 20 posts..  Hence: LURK MORE.

We agree on that, but that wasn't what you were implying to begin with. :)

We agree on that, but that wasn't what you were implying to begin with. :)

Yeah, it was.. I was implying that the majority of the time when a thread like this is posted, criticizing the game out of ignorance, it's from a member who has a very low post count. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it was.. I was implying that the majority of the time when a thread like this is posted, criticizing the game out of ignorance, it's from a member who has a very low post count. 

Including those with relatively little DayZ standalone or mod experience. They are usually the ones that want military attack helicopters and tanks in a zombie apocalyptic survival game.

Frankie hasn't even been playing the standalone. He logs in for 1 day after every 3rd patch and makes 1 video. He didn't care about the SA going into this latest video which is fairly obvious 5 mins in when he didn't even know what weapons are in the game. I saw nothing to say 100% hacker in his QQ I quit the SA (which he had already done) other than him not knowing the problems with the game like desync and lag. The very beginning of the "hacker" part is the guy he's playing with teleporting backwards through a wall while not moving and then he automatically cried hacks because he sees someone else, very very briefly, moving around oddly. Looks to me like they're on a shitty lagging desync server. The "hacker" also kills him while standing motionless out in the open as Frankie is corner camping inside a building. He would have died either way hacker or not. Then having people he's playing with crying aimbot as the people are missing tons of shots to top it off.

There are videos of hackers. They are flying around through the air with infinite ammo. This video shows no proof at all.

Him crying about KoS is hilarious. 1:30 into his first ever DayZ video "I don't like killing people on sight a lot of people like to do that all the time in the game I don't like to do that too much". He then proceeded to find a Lee Enfield and go around KoSing people in and around Elektro and produces a series of popular DayZ mod videos, a lot of which are completely staged, of himself going around KoSing people.

I couldn't care less what some hypocritical scrub who doesn't even play the game thinks about the game.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Frankie hasn't even been playing the standalone. He logs in for 1 day after every 3rd patch and makes 1 video.

That is because he cannot hack in stand alone , spawn himself some weapons and gear then set himself up in the scenarios that he could in the mod.

The latest Frankie video sums it up perfectly. I don't want this to be an argument about Frankie, i could not care if it was Arnold Schwarzenegger playing it is the content of the video that is important. It has so much potential with the gun fight in the middle and you can see what a great game it could be but the rest of it also shows you why it can never be that great game.(If you have not seen it i recommend you go and check it out)

Give someone a gun they will shoot you in the face rather then befriend you. Hackers on every server without fail, a massive failure on the developers part, they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

I don't see a good future for this game and it is a real shame because it could have been so great. I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely.

Discuss and feel free to bash on me

Not sure why people keep watching this frankie kid. nothing interesting there. hackers on every server without fail? dead wrong.

• Like 1

If the post didn't apply to you, then don't bother responding to it.. People who have 1 post and come to the forums to declare the sky is falling are usually 1 post noobs who come to the forums JUST TO BITCH.

If this doesn't apply to you, then why does my post bother you?

But the post you made does apply to me, As I previously said I play most nights live, die & survive, I have died in more ways than I knew possible, (some unfairly, Not much point in Whining, report it , move on!) and I read these forums most days, (after I have checked the bug tracker).

But I'm a low poster, so your post hits out at me, as I fall into the bracket you talk about, So I felt the needed to respond to your comments. I merely pointed out that your observation didn't hold water, and now you return with a comment "1 post noobs", which in my day was a NEWB, someone new to the game who may require a bit of help and direction from fellow players or server admins, But apparently now if you have less than 20 posts on a forum I'm classed as a "Noob" in game, I guess I need to spend more time posting in here so that I can become a better "LURKER" in game. Thanks for that, Id give you my beans for helping but I guess "Noob Beans" don't have as much substance to them.

• Like 1

But the post you made does apply to me, As I previously said I play most nights live, die & survive, I have died in more ways than I knew possible, (some unfairly, Not much point in Whining, report it , move on!) and I read these forums most days, (after I have checked the bug tracker).

But I'm a low poster, so your post hits out at me, as I fall into the bracket you talk about, So I felt the needed to respond to your comments. I merely pointed out that your observation didn't hold water, and now you return with a comment "1 post noobs", which in my day was a NEWB, someone new to the game who may require a bit of help and direction from fellow players or server admins, But apparently now if you have less than 20 posts on a forum I'm classed as a "Noob" in game, I guess I need to spend more time posting in here so that I can become a better "LURKER" in game. Thanks for that, Id give you my beans for helping but I guess "Noob Beans" don't have as much substance to them.

As I've said already in this thread... My comment was not directed to people like yourself. It was directed to people who come here JUST TO COMPLAIN.

You've made a mountain out of a mole hill in your mind.

How is this not a final judgment?  When you said "it could have been so great" you made a definitive statement whether you meant to or not.  

You never read through the thread or you would have known it was not a final judgement

Just to clear something up to all the people who are saying 'the standalone has not become anything' your argument is flawed.

It is something right now, that something contains a lot of kos people and also a lot of hackers, that is not to say that is what it will be like in the future as the game will no doubt change but as it stands it is still something and as the op says that something is not pretty.

Just because it is not finished that does not mean that the game is nothing atm

That is because he cannot hack in stand alone , spawn himself some weapons and gear then set himself up in the scenarios that he could in the mod.

More unfounded accusations.

Save em for a thread in off topic

. I saw nothing to say 100% hacker in his QQ I quit the SA (which he had already done) other than him not knowing the problems with the game like desync and lag. 

OMG THIS.

LOOK PEOPLE THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM CONSISTS OF.

This guy never saw a hacker on frankies new video. What a way to prove post count means nothing about what you actually know about this game.

Unbelievable, you display the highest amount of fanboyism it is unreal and bordering on the stupid. You claim frankie barely ever plays the standalone and you are correct yet when he does he encounters two hacker on his first try, what does that tell you.

And you outight deny a hacker when it is staring you straight in the face

Edited by poooz

he doesnt hack just plays with the admins in the mod.

so set up scenario, they spawn him in gear . obviously admins have 3d tools show people where others are . so no need to hack cheat when admins can do whatever a cheat does anyway.

this is why big youtubers dont do much on SA cause it requires too much time and admins havent got the powers/tools yet ;)

as soon as mods and tools are added to this game (which is bollox) then youll see him and all the other youtubers oh look at this base we just found with every gun by chance :lol: happen all over again.

frankle videos are set up just like the others are but they do entertain and that is what they are for .

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

OMG THIS.

LOOK PEOPLE THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM CONSISTS OF.

This guy never saw a hacker on frankies new video. What a way to prove post count means nothing about what you actually know about this game.

Unbelievable, you display the highest amount of fanboyism it is unreal and bordering on the stupid. You claim frankie barely ever plays the standalone and you are correct yet when he does he encounters two hacker on his first try, what does that tell you.

And you outight deny a hacker when it is staring you straight in the face

If you had reading comprehension (don't worry I'm sure you'll get to that grade in middle school eventually) you would see I said it's not 100% proof especially considering the clip starts with a person standing motionless on a catwalk directly in front of him who then slides backwards without moving right through a wall. That's called lag and desync.

This is what a hacker looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hxJkMnXVQj0#t=381

Thanks for adding me to your sig, I can always use more cheerleaders. You'll have to wait in line to give me a hug though unless you want to pay a line jumping fee of 9.95 sorry. You'll get real far on these forums being a Frankie fanboy. Good luck with that.

Edited by Weedz

its not even complete, so yeah.

Frankie hasn't even been playing the standalone. He logs in for 1 day after every 3rd patch and makes 1 video. He didn't care about the SA going into this latest video which is fairly obvious 5 mins in when he didn't even know what weapons are in the game. I saw nothing to say 100% hacker in his QQ I quit the SA (which he had already done) other than him not knowing the problems with the game like desync and lag. The very beginning of the "hacker" part is the guy he's playing with teleporting backwards through a wall while not moving and then he automatically cried hacks because he sees someone else, very very briefly, moving around oddly. Looks to me like they're on a shitty lagging desync server. The "hacker" also kills him while standing motionless out in the open as Frankie is corner camping inside a building. He would have died either way hacker or not. Then having people he's playing with crying aimbot as the people are missing tons of shots to top it off.

There are videos of hackers. They are flying around through the air with infinite ammo. This video shows no proof at all.

Him crying about KoS is hilarious. 1:30 into his first ever DayZ video "I don't like killing people on sight a lot of people like to do that all the time in the game I don't like to do that too much". He then proceeded to find a Lee Enfield and go around KoSing people in and around Elektro and produces a series of popular DayZ mod videos, a lot of which are completely staged, of himself going around KoSing people.

I couldn't care less what some hypocritical scrub who doesn't even play the game thinks about the game.

I agree, Frankie should not be so hasty to call hacker. Especially not since he himself has been on the receiving end of "hackusations". Regardless of whether or not the guy in the video was hacking, he should have given the benefit of the doubt considering that this is presumably what he wants people to give him with regards to certain accusations. 

Personally I don't know whether Frankie is a hacker or not, neither do I know whether or not the guy in his video was hacking. However calling out someone for being a hacker is a pretty big deal, especially in an instance where people can get VAC banned etc. Frankie of all people should know this, and therefore he should have said in his video "this could be desync etc."

Personally I do find it suspect that he often goes out of his way to cry hacker, or dismiss hackers in his videos. It is almost as though he were trying hard to come across as someone who hates hackers and would therefore never hack. Of course I might be wrong, but I've often thought this.

Edited by DoctorBadSign

If you had reading comprehension (don't worry I'm sure you'll get to that grade in middle school eventually) you would see I said it's not 100% proof especially considering the clip starts with a person standing motionless on a catwalk directly in front of him who then slides backwards without moving right through a wall. That's called lag and desync.

This is what a hacker looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hxJkMnXVQj0#t=381

Thanks for adding me to your sig, I can always use more cheerleaders. You'll have to wait in line to give me a hug though unless you want to pay a line jumping fee of 9.95 sorry. You'll get real far on these forums being a Frankie fanboy. Good luck with that.

Your level of ignorance is amazing, how do you get by on these forum. Oh yeah it's because you are one of the sad acts who spends loads of time in the off-topic section posting memes.

I have displayed no fan boyism for Frankie at all, please explain to me how you know i like Frankie, for all you know i could not stand him or his videos so please explain how i like him. ??

Yet again you show that post count means nothing because your now calling me a frankie fanboy with no proof what so ever. Why would i want to give you a hug, my signature displays your stupidity it has nothing to do with me being your 'fan' get over yourself and get a real life away from this forum.

And also you can see the guy using the speed hack to go up and down the hill, there is no desync that moves someone up and down a hill without any speed penalty and without the person moving his character or turning him around, desync does not last for that long, desync lasts for about a minute and last but not least HOW WAS HE SHOOTING ALL OF THEM THROUGH THE WALLS, WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH DESYNC.

I suppose desync also showed the guy where they were and enabled him to shoot through walls, please carry on explaining the hacks with cries of desync, it is giving me a really good laugh here.

Also that video you showed has even less proof of a hacker in it except the automatic shotgun, you are so funny. Cant beleive people are staying silent on this, you should be called out for the idiot you are.

Edited by poooz

Im not sure if you guys realise this.

But in that video they are all standing in a tin shed, one of the few bits of hard (or not so hard cover) THAT IS COMPLETELY PENETRABLE BY BULLETS

There are also a tonne of gaps and see through points (ive spent a lot of time in these sheds, there are a few nice ones in good spots across the map.

But yeah as for people killing people on the coast this video wasnt really good evidence was it? I mean fully geared guy gives other guy rifle then stands still in front of him....wtf did he think was going to happen? Im sick of people complaining about being killed on the coast when they set themselves up for it constantly. I mean jesus, new spawns have nothing to lose, if you have something to lose, you need to control the situation not give out guns and ammo. 

And yeah not gonna put a lot of stock in the words of someone who logs into an Alpha game without even reading patch notes and then is negative about it....

The latest Frankie video sums it up perfectly. I don't want this to be an argument about Frankie, i could not care if it was Arnold Schwarzenegger playing it is the content of the video that is important. It has so much potential with the gun fight in the middle and you can see what a great game it could be but the rest of it also shows you why it can never be that great game.(If you have not seen it i recommend you go and check it out)

Give someone a gun they will shoot you in the face rather then befriend you. Hackers on every server without fail, a massive failure on the developers part, they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

I don't see a good future for this game and it is a real shame because it could have been so great. I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely.

Discuss and feel free to bash on me

All I hear is a lot of crying cause the game is not being fair, please bro take your whiny ass out of here, you think you are the only person getting killed out there and by hackers, deal with it, this game is only gonna get better, maybe you need to take your copy of the game and throw it in the garbage since clearly you are no good at it and have only bad things to say about it. 

I would have to disagree with Dean Hall when he says that DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept. It's not the concept that's flawed, it's the execution. The development team is pretty small and there are still a lot of bugs and missing features in the game, but that's okay since it's still in alpha. The game is not going to be the same next year or even a few months down the line. I think DayZ is a great and innovative concept, ever since the mod we've had tons of other survival games showing up and even copying DayZ to a certain extent. Games like DayZ practically fall into their own genre, online first/third person survival games. The game is not meant to be a non-stop action packed FPS Michael Bay film. The fact that you spend hours searching town to town to military base to airbase searching for food, water, soda, medical supplies, weapons, ammo, clothing and other gear only makes the firefights all the more intense, because once you die you lose everything you worked for. The developers just need time to fix the bugs and finish adding everything to the game, so hopefully we won't have our legs break from simply standing in a fire station or falling two feet or die from some piece of shit hacker.

Your level of ignorance is amazing, how do you get by on these forum. Oh yeah it's because you are one of the sad acts who spends loads of time in the off-topic section posting memes.

Yet again you show that post count means nothing because your now calling me a frankie fanboy with no proof what so ever. Why would i want to give you a hug, my signature displays your stupidity it has nothing to do with me being your 'fan' get over yourself and get a real life away from this forum.

you should be called out for the idiot you are.

You have already earned yourself the honor of a timeout. You should know better than coming on here and insult others. Think before posting - you will be having plenty of time before posting next.

• Like 1

Also that video you showed has even less proof of a hacker in it except the automatic shotgun, you are so funny. Cant beleive people are staying silent on this, you should be called out for the idiot you are.

"the video of a guy flying through the air at 1000mph shooting full auto for 2 minutes straight going directly from person to person when they are hundreds of Meters away from each other is less proof than 3 second clip of a guy moving slightly faster than normal"

you funny ... or is that sad?

Edited by Weedz

I dont know whats worse, people posting threads about zombie glitching, hackers etc, while just couple of threads below exactly the same post, or people who just go to those posts to write "its alpha". I can even understand the first, they dont want their question or opinion lost on 4th page of someone elses thread.

• Like 1

Devs saying they have fixed glitches when clearly they haven't fixed jack sh*t.

a BIG juicy update is required (cooking,hunting,pstorage) to restore faith in the game again.

Let me be "that guy" here by saying this... It's alpha. You're calling the game glitchy, then saying that adding content will fix it.

People don't seem to realize that the base game needs a massive improvement, and I see way too many people wanting more and more features; New guns, vehicles, crafting, hunting, etc. There is no point in concentrating on adding more and more into a game where people are still running through walls (on others' screen), where zombies are defying physics, and the servers are crowded with hackers.[1] Before worrying about new content, the base glitches need to be worked out. Why? "It's alpha."

[1]People claim, "I have ___ hours on DayZ and have never seen a hacker, hackers aren't a problem, its alpha, lag or desync, deal with it." Well, I have only 200 hours but have experienced enough hackers to see the problem, as well as many other players have.

Edited by LigerRider
  • Like 1